The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Itemization Changes

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Iselin wrote: »
    danno8 wrote: »
    So quick question. How is a CP level 160 character, who is Rank 10 in, say, Blacksmith suppose to get some lower level materials to craft some gear for a friend or alt?

Can max level crafters really not gather their own low level materials anymore?

Only solutions I can think of is respec your entire skill line over and over (which will cost most people 10-15k per respect, not to mention the PIA factor), or create 1 alt for each zone and park them permanently so they can gather low materials for you. Is this the solution?

Ok so in OneT a character with cp160 level and a 10 in blacksmith will not be able to harvest nodes or pick up scrap drops from kills ogf any mat other than rubedite. if that character had nothing in clothing, he would harvest half-rubedite and half jute from cloth nodes and find half-ruby scraps and half rawhide scraps in beast kills.

if the character does writs, every writ which doesn't give a survey map will provide a 25 pack of lesser materials. (On PTS I got out of three writs one pack of 25 steel and one pack of 25 kresh.)

So, when planning "how to get my crafting stuff done" in OneT this should be kept in mind and the answers might be different than they are now.

parking in zones is irrelevant. that is the entire point. no matter where you are, what you find will be relevant to your character - for e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. That makes every zone useful, functional and viable. that makes grouping from different factions equally good for everyone.

In the first days of ESO, character progressions were like zone mats tied to a narrow one-track route. When character stayed on that one path at the one rate, the nodes were matched to them by default - zone = level = mat. That started to get killed when gold and silver began, got blown up worse when Cp replaced vet levels and finally in OneT it will die - zone now has nothing to do with level so mats cannot be assigned to zone and serve the majority of the players.

However, as a result of the change, more mats relevant to the characters in play will be harvested. more cases of "i got the mats can you craft for me" should occur and fewer "i got no mats that help."

But some things for some characters will change, as they do in every update.

For example, instead of crafting gear upgrades as soon as you hit a new material level (good idea in the current weay) in onet it will be better to craft at the end of a tier and wear that through the next tier while your character gathers mats for the next upgrade at the end of next... etc. that simple change makes the "gather as i go" work better in a node-scale world.

Thats just one example i actually just went thru, even before OneT and it will serve well in OneT.

@STEVIL

Thanks for the extra info. Still what I get from it is that a max level crafter can no longer harvest their own materials but must rely on once/day writs for a small sum of some random previous tier of materials, or rely on others to harvest it for them.

Why not just remove the lower end of the crafting range for materials? So instead of Rubedite Ingots being only useful for CP150-160, just make them used in crafting "up to level CP 160".

The price of lower level mats is going to go up - no doubt about it.

not for iron maple jute

others maybe but IDK

That's just because most people playing CP160+ non-crafting alts have zero points invested in crafting so it's either top end mats or tier 1 dropping for them. The only people that will be harvesting any tier of material between tier 1 and top end will be those who are leveling crafting so those mats will become pretty rare.

Still... I'm willing to bet even tier 1 stuff will go up in price although not as much as the other lower tiers.

Although I suppose that at the same time the increased drop of all these new 3 per zone sets at all levels will make crafting lower level sets much less desirable except maybe for the most dedicated min-maxers who PVP in Blackwater Blade. And this will result in lower demand for low tier mats.

Heck I already did that when I made a couple of new low-level characters on the PTS. On live when I make lowbee alts I routinely craft them 7/7 of whichever armor they wear to speed-up the leveling. On the PTS I didn't bother and just went looking for Trainee drops.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So quick question. How is a CP level 160 character, who is Rank 10 in, say, Blacksmith suppose to get some lower level materials to craft some gear for a friend or alt?

Can max level crafters really not gather their own low level materials anymore?

Only solutions I can think of is respec your entire skill line over and over (which will cost most people 10-15k per respect, not to mention the PIA factor), or create 1 alt for each zone and park them permanently so they can gather low materials for you. Is this the solution?

Ok so in OneT a character with cp160 level and a 10 in blacksmith will not be able to harvest nodes or pick up scrap drops from kills ogf any mat other than rubedite. if that character had nothing in clothing, he would harvest half-rubedite and half jute from cloth nodes and find half-ruby scraps and half rawhide scraps in beast kills.

if the character does writs, every writ which doesn't give a survey map will provide a 25 pack of lesser materials. (On PTS I got out of three writs one pack of 25 steel and one pack of 25 kresh.)

So, when planning "how to get my crafting stuff done" in OneT this should be kept in mind and the answers might be different than they are now.

parking in zones is irrelevant. that is the entire point. no matter where you are, what you find will be relevant to your character - for e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. That makes every zone useful, functional and viable. that makes grouping from different factions equally good for everyone.

In the first days of ESO, character progressions were like zone mats tied to a narrow one-track route. When character stayed on that one path at the one rate, the nodes were matched to them by default - zone = level = mat. That started to get killed when gold and silver began, got blown up worse when Cp replaced vet levels and finally in OneT it will die - zone now has nothing to do with level so mats cannot be assigned to zone and serve the majority of the players.

However, as a result of the change, more mats relevant to the characters in play will be harvested. more cases of "i got the mats can you craft for me" should occur and fewer "i got no mats that help."

But some things for some characters will change, as they do in every update.

For example, instead of crafting gear upgrades as soon as you hit a new material level (good idea in the current weay) in onet it will be better to craft at the end of a tier and wear that through the next tier while your character gathers mats for the next upgrade at the end of next... etc. that simple change makes the "gather as i go" work better in a node-scale world.

Thats just one example i actually just went thru, even before OneT and it will serve well in OneT.

@STEVIL

Thanks for the extra info. Still what I get from it is that a max level crafter can no longer harvest their own materials but must rely on once/day writs for a small sum of some random previous tier of materials, or rely on others to harvest it for them.

Why not just remove the lower end of the crafting range for materials? So instead of Rubedite Ingots being only useful for CP150-160, just make them used in crafting "up to level CP 160".

The price of lower level mats is going to go up - no doubt about it.

not for iron maple jute

others maybe but IDK

That's just because most people playing CP160+ non-crafting alts have zero points invested in crafting so it's either top end mats or tier 1 dropping for them. The only people that will be harvesting any tier of material between tier 1 and top end will be those who are leveling crafting so those mats will become pretty rare.

Still... I'm willing to bet even tier 1 stuff will go up in price although not as much as the other lower tiers.

Although I suppose that at the same time the increased drop of all these new 3 per zone sets at all levels will make crafting lower level sets much less desirable except maybe for the most dedicated min-maxers who PVP in Blackwater Blade. And this will result in lower demand for low tier mats.

Heck I already did that when I made a couple of new low-level characters on the PTS. On live when I make lowbee alts I routinely craft them 7/7 of whichever armor they wear to speed-up the leveling. On the PTS I didn't bother and just went looking for Trainee drops.

Abt the bold statement...
    Wrong.
    Just wrong.
    Completely wrong. Just not true.
    Not at all.
    Part of the panic feeding misinfo.

Characters harvest in OneT gaining mats at thrir skill level AND their character level, roughly 50/50.

So, half the msts harvested (or all if skill matches character level) will be at the level the character needs for his gear - matches the gear cap they are at.)

So for characters at any level harvesting there will be a steady flow of appropriately levelled mats.

Add in all the drops being deconned matching the gear level and the sets, useful one, dropping at appropriate gear level, the imagined terror and panic over shortages and prices makes no sense except of course that panic and fear usyally drives up market prices regardless of reality.

MARKET...

With the incoming flow of nodes (50%), trash drops and sets ALL tied to character level and useful gear cap, the supply of mats flowing into the world will be directly linked to the demand.

That is a stong, reasonable market mechanic that should serve to reduce and mitigate shortages and inflation, except fot irratoonalswings due to panic for instance.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Shock Master
    This set is a Stamina set but using Shock damage.
    Suggestion: Change the Shock damage to "Wind/Physical" damage to make it synergize well with Championpointssystem.
    6e2e27f63eb9f51ac224a23061a4f833.png
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a suggestion:
    since there are so many new monster sets, Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden should sell more of them at the same time as well. She's the only way too make dlc specific monster sets available for everyone and now it will be way harder to get any of these sets if she continues selling 2-3 sets a week. (I've been waiting for Molag Kena for way too long :disappointed: )
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vifen wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion:
    since there are so many new monster sets, Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden should sell more of them at the same time as well. She's the only way too make dlc specific monster sets available for everyone and now it will be way harder to get any of these sets if she continues selling 2-3 sets a week. (I've been waiting for Molag Kena for way too long :disappointed: )

Buy the IC DLC.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving all the new sets available.

I've been experimenting with as many combinations as possible and visiting many of the public delves in each region as possible...

BUT, even in Craglorn, I'm just wrecking through all the mobs with virtually no resistance. I'm more tanky than DPS, and still I even destroy the world bosses solo....

I am not an extreme Min Maxer... just a regular swap out the gear player....Is the content too easy now?

Monster Sets = Awesome!

ICEHEART == not exist... the container actually contained the Chokethorn sets instead... and I created additional characters to see if was just bad luck or if it had been fixed... still no luck.

INFERNAL GUARDIAN == lobs three mortars at the far away mobs == fun and very funny to watch. Fantastic for farming... it will pull far away mobs to me and no more running around to collect all the mobs in one place... I get a kick out of the watching the mortars launch. It procs off dmg shield, so a great combo with Imperium, Hatchling Shell, Permafrost, etc...
    also good is that you actually can control when it procs... just don't hit a dmg shield skill when you don't want to proc...

PIRATE SET == Nord + Vampire Cloak + Pirate Monster Helm == Unkillable? That is a lot of damage reduction on proc. I love it for Trials maybe... and turning into a skeleton as an Argonian was fun too....my little skeleton tail swinging around... Some people have made negative comments, but I say it is fun and cool.

ILAMBRIS == rains Lava/Fire /Meteors from the sky == the AoE seems a bit small, but wow, cool effect. It feels very much like "Call of Duty C130 Gunship Support" . Looks cool, especially when it rains down at an angle... easy to proc.

GROTHDRR == creates a Lava pool around me = probably my favorite. It procs often and the AoE moves with me as I move around, which is great. The dmg feels substantial and it does proc a lot. Notice the difference-- this set has an 8 meter AoE and the ILAMBRIS set has a 4 meter AoE... just saying.

SELENE's VISAGE == This set spawns a ghost bear that jumps up and mauls the enemy... it was cool to see when dueling and the guy did it on me... but when I used the set... I felt nothing special.

SELISTREX VISAGE == no visual at all... you hear a boom and then some of the mobs will fall down... not bosses, and not those that are CC immune... I prefer more of a visual cue that the proc went off...

Some of the sets have visuals that are a little bit hard to see when surrounded by mobs....

Edited by TankHealz2015 on September 18, 2016 3:03PM
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no BoP in dungeons.

I like trading. It makes me feel like playing an MMO.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gold Jewellery Debate and Gold Itemization in general

In ESO Gold Item are renon to be the more interesting kind of object one player can use. Turning all your gear into gold is costing you a lot but it should feel rewarding and in the long run benefit you a lot but at the moment I do feel like Gold Item isn't giving you any real bonus and doesn't seems to be interesting anymore. As someone stated there's only a 3,7% upgrade inbetween purple and gold set while there's a 700% Financial Lost. I think a 7% incentive for gold should be a minimum.

Gold Jewellery

I think Gold Jewellery should be available Inside the game for the new sets that come Inside dungeon but that those should drop Inside veteran trial and be BoE for two reason.

1. It does offert a replayability for player Inside veteran trial which isn't link to direct gold creation but appeal to market value.
    2. It does create an interesting PVE environnement which help player develop.
    3. It doesn't lower the symbolics value of gold items Inside the game

Weekly Leaderboard

There should be a really important job to do in order to maintain an healthy leaderboard system. I've been on the vDSA leaderboard this week and I've receive a Bow of Alkosh : Powered, and a Shoulder of Alkosh : Sturdy... The least you could say is gratz ! you didn't receive a Restostaff Charged of Alkosh... but still... Leaderboard should feel special and you should be happy to open them ! Hope I get a Dreugh Wax for theese...

The weekly leaderboard should really offert a better lootable because it often feel as an insult more then a reward. As for an example, for trial leaderboard they should always drop an Equipment piece : Weapon/Armor and sometime an additionnal jewellery. The weapon should only be available in specific traits :

Sword/Mace : Defending/Precise/Sharpened
    Bow/Destro/Dual Wield/2h : Precise/Sharpened/Infuse
    Resto: Precise/Infuse/Powered

And Gear should be deal with the same way
    Medium/Light: Divine/Infuse
    Heavy: Reinforce/Strudy

That also fits for vMA Leaderboard, except weapon is always in order and jewellery are uncommon.

BoP vs. BoE trade guild version

When I started to play the game, I had no cash. That was roughly normal since most of the stuff I dropped where useless and the only meaningfull way to get cash in the game was through PVP items (back then). After that, when I became better and started to run dungeon a lot more, I was even poorer since dungeon didn't gave money and did cost me to repair more often.

Now with trial, I'm way richer and that system has been really good for my Bank Account. Now if we go BoP again for everydrop... I'm becoming poor again and only farmer will have opportunity to have money. (Don't forget that an MMO is usually only inflating in term of price rarely going down). On the other hand, I don't want myself to be rich because I run trial and other to be poor because they run dungeon...

I also don't want my trading guild to tell me, start farming mats cause you ain't rewarding us with any money right now... So what should be done ... here's my suggestion.

Undaunted Chest

Let Undaunted Chest be open and also offert a piece of equipement which will be BoE, a piece of set gear. If a player want to open 10 chest of the DLC content in order to sell one ring of Scathing mage I say let him do it !

Trial
    Add the only available version of those jewellery in Gold for Veteran Trial (like 10% drop rate), and give 100% drop rate from HM bag for every set.

Scathing Mage and Spell-Power-Cure

Can you also make those set buff overwrite themself. I've been playing as a Sorc with Scathing mage for a While and the result are underwhelming sometime. Most of the time in fact I only achieve 60% uptime (inbetween 40 to 70% actually) for a full boss fight...

That's really low, and it is worst when you consider that I don't use overloard so, I'm almost always casting nearly 1 cast per second... with 65% crit. If only Scathing Mage could overwrite itself it would make this set more interesting during long fight and less rewarding for quick burst action...

Agree if you do !
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElliottXO wrote: »

I actually like BoP with in group trading.
    This makes me want to run dungeons with my friends when farming for a specific set.

When the game has all items BoE, then it just becomes a grindfest + stock broker simulator.
    Not really MMO-ish, don't you think?
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    ElliottXO wrote: »

I actually like BoP with in group trading.
    This makes me want to run dungeons with my friends when farming for a specific set.

When the game has all items BoE, then it just becomes a grindfest + stock broker simulator.
    Not really MMO-ish, don't you think?

Actually does vary a lot from an MMO to another. If you can sell everything it's just as bad as if you can't sell any. The fact that an MMO needs to vary in term of trading vs. drop acquisition is really relevant to the gameplay. For instance, if every item can be acquired through trading that makes the game too pushy and gear/grind fest start to come into play way too fast for everyone progression since there's no longer any limit to the kind of gear you can be acquiring. On the other hand if everything is lock behind an achievement perspective it does create a no-gain scenario for people pushing through with the content leaving them far behind in term of economics power. The middle-ground is indeed hard to create. Either you create an environnement where money mean almost Nothing. I'm thinking about TSW where all my in-game cash went to buy Customisation Artefact for my Avatar, or you create an unbalance game where money is only acquired by going through a single type of content which is likely to be (for this game) mats farming.

The fact that BoP items exist is, IMHO, really important in order to create a feeling of progression and also create incentive for the player to rush through specific content whenever they feel it. The raid trial gear, and the specific monster helm was indeed a great opportunity, now with new set added, I do also agree that those should be BoP since it would create a real market flood. The likeliness of BoP only item is IMHO really high Inside this game but also not so interesting since I'm tired of this trader and reseller market whom are pushing price to the limit of player capacity.

The fact that BoE items exist is, also IMHO, really important in order to create a money making scenario which can help any community to acquired the economic potential needed to boost themself and get further into the game. That's why I believe Undaunted Chest and Veteran Trial reward should also create an opportunity for those player to gather money. The likeliness of BoE only item is really low Inside this game, and also not so interesting.

So overall, I do agree with you, BoP is nice for most stuff Inside the game, but giving no opportunity for BoE items to a specific categorie of player (either dungeon runner, Trial runner, or Pvp'ers) will crush this game hard.

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    • I really only have one complaint, and it's that gold jewelry for most sets will only come from the PvP golden vendor
    • They will be really expensive (250k gold or 500k AP).
    • That's okay for sets like Warlock and Silks of the Sun that sell for 400k+ gold right now on PC / NA
    • That's not so okay for sets like Sithis' Touch, which nobody in their right mind would even buy gold jewels for, making those wasted weeks.
    • For really popular BoE sets, those with deep pockets will probably stockpile and then try to flip for 500k gold to the poor saps that missed the weekend they were available.
    • With the number of BoP sets and BoE sets to rotate through, it's gonna take a loooooooong time (possibly up to 2 years!) for your desired sets to come up for both rings and necklace. Being able to mix and match rings to one set and neck to another will help, but it's still gonna take a long time.

Suggestions
    • I think there should be a way to get gold jewelry from running overworld and dungeon content.
    • Maybe as a reward for a new vet hard-mode for world bosses?
    • Maybe as an extra reward for perfect vet hard-mode dungeon runs with no wipes? (or maybe no-deaths at all o.O?)

There are some things that I agree with you on, there needs to be another way, other than Vet Hard Mode trials and The Golden vendor in Cyro to get gold jewelery from. I would even like to suggest a token system from doing Vet Hard Mode undaunted pledges to get a specific gold jewelery item from a specific dungeon. Maybe even have it so that there is a chance it will drop from the Hidden Treasure chests if you have the skill in Treasure Hunter for the CP tree.

As it is right now, (and in regards to the quoted part I bolded); A lot of the end game players are shooting themselves in the foot trying to gouge others by astronomically raising the price of their current gold jewelery (panick mode pricing), which I find is laughable. Sets that used to be selling for 150k (and yes, that is what I bought mine for), are now being sold for 300-600k and a lot of people are laughing at it.

These players are complaining that they are not going to be able to make money next patch to continue to keep raiding, and yet try to sell their stuff at such an astronomical price NOW that the smart players aren't going to buy it, and will actually be patient and wait until it appears at the Golden Vendor for the 250k, therefor not giving gold to any other player.

I also do think that is a bit too expensive on PTS Gold Vendor for the jewelry at 250k and feel 175k would have been more reasonable to what market prices have been for most gold jewelery over the past year, though as it stands right now that 250k is a more reasonable price to what most players are asking for in the Rawl guild traders right now.

In terms of the new itemization, I do like it. I like knowing where to go to get a specific set. It makes it easier for when I want to try out a new build, and so I can go and farm the area for what I need or help other players to get what they need instead.

Wrothgar sets will need to be fixed to be more in line with the rest of Tamriel in regards to the BOP being changed to BOE.
    Edited by Nebthet78 on September 19, 2016 5:00PM
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Also it would be great if set imbalances were addressed. I started a discussion on it at the link below so I won't rehash it here. But I definitely think there is some room for improvement in that area.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/292374/tis-the-season-for-set-balance#latest
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    silvereyes wrote: »
    • I really only have one complaint, and it's that gold jewelry for most sets will only come from the PvP golden vendor
    • They will be really expensive (250k gold or 500k AP).
    • That's okay for sets like Warlock and Silks of the Sun that sell for 400k+ gold right now on PC / NA
    • That's not so okay for sets like Sithis' Touch, which nobody in their right mind would even buy gold jewels for, making those wasted weeks.
    • For really popular BoE sets, those with deep pockets will probably stockpile and then try to flip for 500k gold to the poor saps that missed the weekend they were available.
    • With the number of BoP sets and BoE sets to rotate through, it's gonna take a loooooooong time (possibly up to 2 years!) for your desired sets to come up for both rings and necklace. Being able to mix and match rings to one set and neck to another will help, but it's still gonna take a long time.

Suggestions
    • I think there should be a way to get gold jewelry from running overworld and dungeon content.
    • Maybe as a reward for a new vet hard-mode for world bosses?
    • Maybe as an extra reward for perfect vet hard-mode dungeon runs with no wipes? (or maybe no-deaths at all o.O?)

There are some things that I agree with you on, there needs to be another way, other than Vet Hard Mode trials and The Golden vendor in Cyro to get gold jewelery from. I would even like to suggest a token system from doing Vet Hard Mode undaunted pledges to get a specific gold jewelery item from a specific dungeon. Maybe even have it so that there is a chance it will drop from the Hidden Treasure chests if you have the skill in Treasure Hunter for the CP tree.

As it is right now, (and in regards to the quoted part I bolded); A lot of the end game players are shooting themselves in the foot trying to gouge others by astronomically raising the price of their current gold jewelery (panick mode pricing), which I find is laughable. Sets that used to be selling for 150k (and yes, that is what I bought mine for), are now being sold for 300-600k and a lot of people are laughing at it.

These players are complaining that they are not going to be able to make money next patch to continue to keep raiding, and yet try to sell their stuff at such an astronomical price NOW that the smart players aren't going to buy it, and will actually be patient and wait until it appears at the Golden Vendor for the 250k, therefor not giving gold to any other player.

I also do think that is a bit too expensive on PTS Gold Vendor for the jewelry at 250k and feel 175k would have been more reasonable to what market prices have been for most gold jewelery over the past year, though as it stands right now that 250k is a more reasonable price to what most players are asking for in the Rawl guild traders right now.

In terms of the new itemization, I do like it. I like knowing where to go to get a specific set. It makes it easier for when I want to try out a new build, and so I can go and farm the area for what I need or help other players to get what they need instead.

Wrothgar sets will need to be fixed to be more in line with the rest of Tamriel in regards to the BOP being changed to BOE.

I have a lot of point you stated which I highly disagree;

Firstly the notion of How Hard is it to get... Veteran Hard Mode / Cyrodill vendor / Open world chest ??? It's clearly too easy to get at that point, and yes it required a huge rng luck but still RNG... which is kind of lame in order to get gold set.

Second, cyrodill Vendor 250k is IMHO a minimum. If a player can pay that much for a piece of equipment it should be paid. I don't say it does make it interesting but 250k is a huge gold sink which will help inflation.

Thirdly, I do think that all the jewellery from veteran trial should drop in gold (The question being, should I farm for 250k and buy the last piece I need, or should I practice my skillplay and help my teamate in order to complete veteran... to me one part seems more interesting as for an MMO and Hard mode are too hard atm for my team so I'll pass on this option :persevere: But I would highly make those (Dungeon) gold jewel BoE from veteran trial with a 10% likeliness in Veteran and a 100% chance in the bag you open from HM) !

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thanks for making a number of stylistic corrections in the 2.6.2 patch. However, there are still some that were missed and still need addressing:
    • Twin Sisters currently has no style (thus defaulting to the Breton appearance). Suggestion: Altmer
    • Plague Doctor currently has no style (thus defaulting to the Breton appearance). Suggestion: Dunmer
    • Trainee currently has no style (thus defaulting to the Breton appearance). Suggestion: Have it drop in the style of the player character's race; e.g., an Imperial who gets a Training piece will get it in the Imperial style.
    • Shalk Exoskeleton, Witchman, Leviathan, and Netch's Touch currently have the Bandit style, but this style does not have an associated appearance (thus defaulting to the Breton appearance); please look into the appearance of the Bandit style.
    • Seventh Legion currently drops in the Orc style. Suggestion: Imperial
    • Akaviri Dragonguard currently drops in the Nord style. Suggestion: Akaviri
    • Warlock currently drops in the Breton style. Since it has been moved to Selene's Web and is now named after Warlock Carindon, please consider changing the style to Ancient Elf to match the attire that he actually wears.
    Edited by code65536 on September 22, 2016 5:08PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Overwhelming Surge set
    The set in its current for is performing "average". I would suggest increasing the proc chance to like 33% as not many classes use a lot class skills. Or increase the uptime to 10 seconds instead of the very short 6 seconds.

50bdc9410c4b4b813abe1ce690e65e13.png
    Edited by Alcast on September 21, 2016 12:56PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old Tel Var sets still don't come in sturdy.

I get that maybe it's not intended for them to come in jewelry, but come on!
    STURDY?!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Overwhelming Surge set
    The set in its current for is performing "average". I would suggest increasing the proc chance to like 33% as not many classes use a lot class skills. Or increase the uptime to 10 seconds instead of the very short 6 seconds.

Anyway it is outperfomed by 2 heavy armor sets that deal damage to all nearby targets, not only 1. It must be changed to deal damage to all nearby targets.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 22, 2016 7:15AM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Overwhelming Surge set

Anyway it is outperfomed by 2 heavy armor sets that deal damage to all nearby targets, not only 1. It must be changed to deal damage to all nearby targets.

Yes, this would actually be a much better improvement.
    Although I think they would reduce the damage a bit while making that change.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Overwhelming Surge set

Yes, this would actually be a much better improvement.
    Although I think they would reduce the damage a bit while making that change.

Not necessarily. Like, Stormknight deal 4374 damage every 2 sec for 6 seconds (tick 3 times) to all targets around = 13122 damage in total. Overwheling Surge 2388 every second for 6 seconds (6 ticks) to one target = 14328 in total.
    Or Thunderous Plate Mail deal 4980 AoE damage with 3 sec CD, it means it will proc for 2 times in compare to previous sets = 9960 total damage.
    All damage going unnerfed for 6 targets, so if you face 6 targets: Stormknight will deal 78732 damage. Thunder - 59760. Surge still same 14328. Not very impressive.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Short version: There are a couple of problems with Deshaan's overland drops:
    1. Night Mother's Embrace is dropping in an older, incorrect heavy variant instead of medium.
    2. Plague Doctor has no assigned style (already reported earlier).

Long version: First, a little bit of history. Night Mother's Embrace is set that had been in the game for a long time. It was originally added to the game as a medium-armor set.

When the set was updated and added to the Thieves Trove loot table for Update 9, it was made into a heavy armor set (which made very little sense since it's a stamina/stealth set, but it was done because the aim was to have the troves drop one set of each weight, so either Darkstride had to go heavy, or NME).

For Update 12, NME was added to the Deshaan overland loot table. The two other sets in Deshaan are Mother's Sorrow (light) and Plague Doctor (heavy), so NME was clearly intended to fill the medium-armor slot. Additionally, for Update 12, ZOS added to the game a complete set of medium armor item IDs for NME. But while testing drops in Deshaan (I was in the public dungeon), the NME drops that I got were the old Update 9 heavy versions, not the new Update 12 medium versions.

It seems that this is an unintended oversight: Why create medium armor IDs for NME if you're still using the heavy armor IDs added in Thieves Guild? And if it's dropping in heavy armor, then Deshaan will have two heavy sets and no medium set. Please fix this and have the Deshaan drops use the new medium armor IDs and not the old Update 9 heavy armor IDs.

(Again, I tested this in Deshaan's public dungeon--not sure if the problem is confined to just that location or if it's zone-wide.)

PS: While you're at it, any chance you could change the style of the new medium armor variant from Thieves Guild to Assassin's League (or Dark Brotherhood), so that it's more befitting the set's name? You can keep the heavy armor variant's style as Thieves Guild for the troves...
    Edited by code65536 on September 22, 2016 7:58PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new Undaunted Plunder idea is so boring and unimaginative I managed to bane Sheogorath back into Oblivion with it. It's good, because he was about to make me buy a crown crate with my actual money.
    Edited by Ivan04 on September 22, 2016 6:59PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Short version: There are a couple of problems with Deshaan's overland drops:
    1. Night Mother's Embrace is dropping in an older, incorrect heavy variant instead of medium.
    2. Plague Doctor has no assigned style (already reported earlier).

Long version: First, a little bit of history. Night Mother's Embrace is set that had been in the game for a long time. It was originally added to the game as a medium-armor set.

When the set was updated and added to the Thieves Trove loot table for Update 9, it was made into a heavy armor set (which made very little sense since it's a stamina/stealth set, but it was done because the aim was to have the troves drop one set of each weight, so either Darkstride had to go heavy, or NME).

For Update 12, NME was added to the Deshaan overland loot table. The two other sets in Deshaan are Mother's Sorrow (light) and Plague Doctor (heavy), so NME was clearly intended to fill the medium-armor slot. Additionally, for Update 12, ZOS added to the game a complete set of medium armor item IDs for NME. But while testing drops in Deshaan (I was in the public dungeon), the NME drops that I got were the old Update 9 heavy versions, not the new Update 12 medium versions.

It seems that this is an unintended oversight: Why create medium armor IDs for NME if you're still using the heavy armor IDs added in Thieves Guild? And if it's dropping in heavy armor, then Deshaan will have two heavy sets and no medium set. Please fix this and have the Deshaan drops use the new medium armor IDs and not the old Update 9 heavy armor IDs.

(Again, I tested this in Deshaan's public dungeon--not sure if the problem is confined to just that location or if it's zone-wide.)

PS: While you're at it, any chance you could change the style of the new medium armor variant from Thieves Guild to Assassin's League (or Dark Brotherhood), so that it's more befitting the set's name? You can keep the heavy armor variant's style as Thieves Guild for the troves...

To clarify, this is what I think should happen:
    • Thieves Troves should continue to drops Night Mother's Embrace in heavy (so that the troves continue to drop one armor set of each weight), using the item codes introduced back with Thieves Guild
    • Deshaan should drop Night Mother's Embrace in medium (so that Deshaan has one armor set of each weight instead of two heavy sets), possibly with a style change to Assassin's League or Dark Brotherhood for lore consistency (keep the heavy trove set in the TG style, though), using the new item codes that were added for Update 12
    • This way, NME will be available in-game in both heavy (troves) and medium (Deshaan), which opens up a few more build options.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please change the 1p bonus for Swarm Mother?

It grants Stamina Recovery. On a set whose 2p bonus requires the user be blocking, which nullifies all Stamina Recovery.

It's... just a bad combination. Just about any other bonus would be better for the 1p.

I know you guys had considered Healing Taken as an option, because I found the 17th monster mask in the game's data:
    S6i1aIz.png

Why did you scrap the Healing Taken idea and go with Stamina Recovery instead? As lackluster as Healing Taken is, it's still more useful than Stamina Recovery on this particular set. What about Maximum Health? Or Maximum Stamina? Or Magicka Recovery? Just, please, anything but Stamina Recovery.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Red Mountain set requires that the user deal damage using a weapon ability.

None of the abilities in the Restoration Staff line deals damage.
    TBZKbBO.png

While I do like that there is culling of specific cases (like ranged weapons for sets that require melee damage), I would like to see that taken one step further and see a general elimination of stamina weapons on magicka sets and magicka weapons on stamina sets.

There are some exceptions, of course. Dual-wield and sword-and-board are useful for magicka because of their passives. But the passives for bows and 2-handers are useless for a magicka user, and the passives for staves are useless for stamina users.

Is anyone really going to get any use out of this staff or this bow?
    Edited by code65536 on September 22, 2016 11:27PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTS 2.6.2:
    Grothdarr set: still shoulder floating on female char.
    image.jpg
    Engine Guardian: still missing visual effect on HP restore proc.
    dwemer.jpg
    Shalk Exoskeleton: set drop in Stonefalls but have breton style, while probably it should have unique ashlander style like Red Mountain.
    Slimecraw: watch this thread
    1. In addition: set 2pc bugged: from pts: 1 tick of sweeps deal 2401 damage, while using Combat Prayer that grant minor berserk buff: 2585, with 2pc Slimecraw that grant minor berserk passively only 2420.
    2. Even than its 2pc is too situational and weak:
    a. In PvE healer will apply minor berserk on DDs, so it has no use in group PvE.
    b. taking in account that non-bugged damage should be 2585(watch above): 1pc of purple Max Magicka set grant 2460, buffed by combat prayer - 2646 <--- it is already stronger of what Slimecraw 2pc grant in PvE. Next: 1pc of purple Max Magicka and 1pc of spelldamage (Kena): 2533, buffed by combat prayer - 2727. It mean damage in 1pc Max M+1pc spelldamage almost equal to 2pc Slimecraw, and unlike Slimecraw it can be buffed by minor berserk to deal much more damage.
    Slimecraw need revamp before it come live, or this set will be much worse than pre-buffed Chudan or Warden.
    Troll King: set seems affected by vampirism HP depression. for example with 243 hp regen and troll 1494 regen it should be = 1737 hp regen, but in result it is 1443 regen, 294 hp regen dissapeared. Doesn't happen on non-vampires.
    Sentinel of Rkugamz: still impossible to repent automaton, making this set weaker than Engine Guardian.
    Pirate Skeleton: sometimes animation bugged and char still staying in skeletal form even after effect expired. In Cyro heavy battles i afraid it will bugg a lot.
    Lamia's Song: current scaling for 250 ult is too serious nerf for it. Like it heal for 29 per 1 ult. Taking for example of tests: cheapest templar ult - Sweep cost 72 ult, with Bloodspawn and Shalk armor it is possible to buff it to use Sweep every 12 seconds: 72x29=2088 heal every 12 sec: 2088:12 = 174 hp per second, that equal to 348 hp regen, so 5pc bonus is granting people 348 hp regen, in PvP it will be equal to 87 hp per second, i.e. 174 hp regen (and unlike catual HP regen parameter it can be debuffed by defiles). Even with build that buffing ult gaining, 5 pc bonus is too weak for PvE, and in PvP it absolutely useless.
    Solution: scale it to 120 ultamtes. With such scaling it will be equal to (in ult generating build!) - 720 hp regen in PvE and 360 hp regen in PvP.
    In the same way Witchman got serious nerf.
    Redistribution: time to buff this set, it is 7 trait set but its 5pc just too weak. 5pc bonus need to be buffed at least 3-4 times to be somehow noticable. This is seriously underrated set and there is such an easy opportunity to make it great.
    Meridia Armor: it is currently like old version of Durok Bane - can be used in 1v1, but nowhere outside of duel spot. I believe it should get same revamp as Durok to working in open world Cyro: change it to something like 33% on block to blind for 3 seconds with 10 sec cooldown, but instead of global cooldown grant it cooldown for each separate target.
    Overwhelming Surge: its 5pc bonus sould be revamped to deal damage to ally nearby targets as showed here. Otherwise it loosing too much damage in compare with Thunder and Stormknight sets.
    Swarm Mother: it is possible to jump on outer wall from postern door's stairs and on inner wall from top of outer tower. Can record video if needed.
    Alteration Mastery: still have impair functionality. It does reduce costs of: mana, stamina, ultimate, roll-dodge, break free. It still doesn't reduce costs of: crouch, sprint, block. Fix it already, at least make it reduce block cost.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 24, 2016 8:15AM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding overlandsets

They should also come in GOLD JEVELRY.

If u defeat normal bosses at dolmens make the drop purple.
    If u kill a rare boss let it have a 50%chance to drop jevelry pieces in gold.

Or give us a option to upgrade purplr rings and stuff ^^

@Witchmans Armor

Since u let it scale with ultimate cost u should increase the value restored on this set.

250Ult: 12k should be ok since u need to wear 5pieces.

Edited by actosh on September 24, 2016 10:38AM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Winterborn's 5 set piece bonus definitely needs an boost. As a 5-piece, it's painfully outclassed by two piece sets like Ner'ieneth and Skoria while having more limitations on it given it requires ice only damage.
    Edited by Preyfar on September 24, 2016 2:21PM
  • Crucifer
    Crucifer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is Barkskin and Levithan to look the same (gfx)? Also Bone Pirate and Hulking Daugr? All other new Dungeon Set's have an separate look. Any reason for this or just a miss? :)

Thank you!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed some style changes in 2.6.3. Notably, Plague Doctor is now officially Breton, and the 4 "Bandit"-style items are now Barbaric...
    • Twin Sisters is now the only item set that drops with no style of any sort.
    • Not sure how I feel about Netch's Touch being made barbaric. When I look at Grobull, "barbaric" doesn't exactly come to mind. They are associated closely with Dunmer (and Darkshade is in Deshaan, after all), so what about Dunmer instead?
    • I still urge making "Seventh Legion" Imperial, "Akaviri Dragonguard" Akaviri, and "Warlock" Ancient Elf, for the sake of improved lore consistency.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ICP and WGT vaults still drop sets that arent suppose to drop from those dungeons any more. Toxic defiance for example.
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar