The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Itemization Changes

• MrGorv
    MrGorv
    ✭✭✭
    Why all trial sets are going BoP? How are trial-raiders meant to earn money? Everyone, who's doing vet trials spends an incredible amount of gold for gear enhancement, crafting tons of potions and so on. And the only thing that keeps them up - is gold from sells in guildstores. And with the new patch Trials are gonna become just absolutely unprofitable at this point. Just like the Maelstrom Arena.
    Gorven Savius | Stamina DK | Tamriel Hero | Covenant Lieutenant
    Gorvam Sathri | Magicka DK | Sun's Dusk Reaper
    Gorvand-al-Savia | Stamina Templar | Covenant Veteran
    Gorvean Saniar | Magicka Templar | Magnanimous
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    craigr02 wrote: »
    Things I've noticed.
    Wrothgar. The overland sets are still bop, instead of Boe. I picked up some boots in a delve and it was bop.
    WGT, Went there and killed mini boss, didn't get any set pieces.
    Things I am curious about: where do we get jewery in cold harbor, craglorn and wrothgar and other places where their are no dolmens.
    I also believe that the treasure hunter passive is not working properly. I've opened up some intermediate treasure chests and noticed the item was green instead of getting upgraded pieces.

They stated that Jewelry/Weapons should also drop from the magic anomalies and similar events in Craglorn.

Not sure about Cold Harbour / Wrothgar.

EDIT: I just went back and read the patch notes. Apparently all quest drops in zones will be tied to sets in addition to any set piece being able to drop from treasure chests. So hypothetically, that's the only way to get jewelry in Coldharbour / Wrothgar. I can't even remember if any of the quests in those zones reward jewelry.

If I'm reading that correctly, that means that Jewelry from sets like Meridia and Stygian are going to be very expensive on the market. Wrothgar sets are currently still BOP...
    Edited by ClockworkArc on September 7, 2016 3:15PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So quick question. How is a CP level 160 character, who is Rank 10 in, say, Blacksmith suppose to get some lower level materials to craft some gear for a friend or alt?

Can max level crafters really not gather their own low level materials anymore?

Only solutions I can think of is respec your entire skill line over and over (which will cost most people 10-15k per respect, not to mention the PIA factor), or create 1 alt for each zone and park them permanently so they can gather low materials for you. Is this the solution?
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craigr02 wrote: »
    Things I've noticed.
    Wrothgar. The overland sets are still bop, instead of Boe. I picked up some boots in a delve and it was bop.
    WGT, Went there and killed mini boss, didn't get any set pieces.
    Things I am curious about: where do we get jewery in cold harbor, craglorn and wrothgar and other places where their are no dolmens.
    I also believe that the treasure hunter passive is not working properly. I've opened up some intermediate treasure chests and noticed the item was green instead of getting upgraded pieces.

They stated that Jewelry/Weapons should also drop from the magic anomalies and similar events in Craglorn.

Not sure about Cold Harbour / Wrothgar.

EDIT: I just went back and read the patch notes. Apparently all quest drops in zones will be tied to sets in addition to any set piece being able to drop from treasure chests. So hypothetically, that's the only way to get jewelry in Coldharbour / Wrothgar. I can't even remember if any of the quests in those zones reward jewelry.

If I'm reading that correctly, that means that Jewelry from sets like Meridia and Stygian are going to be very expensive on the market. Wrothgar sets are currently still BOP...

I didnt test open world quest but got a purple ring from an advanced chest in Coldharbour
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • ckbud
    ckbud
    ✭✭✭
    How do we get purple jewelery from the overland areas?
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckbud wrote: »
    How do we get purple jewelery from the overland areas?

Got it from Dolmen chests

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have all the Imperial City sets been updated to include weapon and jewelry as well? I'd love to have Powerful Assault jewelry (and for that set to be upped to 6 people to be the stam eqv. of SPC).
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Have all the Imperial City sets been updated to include weapon and jewelry as well? I'd love to have Powerful Assault jewelry (and for that set to be upped to 6 people to be the stam eqv. of SPC).

I can confirm the old IC sets did not get updated.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    So quick question. How is a CP level 160 character, who is Rank 10 in, say, Blacksmith suppose to get some lower level materials to craft some gear for a friend or alt?

Only solutions I can think of is respec your entire skill line over and over (which will cost most people 10-15k per respect, not to mention the PIA factor), or create 1 alt for each zone and park them permanently so they can gather low materials for you. Is this the solution?

Ok so in OneT a character with cp160 level and a 10 in blacksmith will not be able to harvest nodes or pick up scrap drops from kills ogf any mat other than rubedite. if that character had nothing in clothing, he would harvest half-rubedite and half jute from cloth nodes and find half-ruby scraps and half rawhide scraps in beast kills.

if the character does writs, every writ which doesn't give a survey map will provide a 25 pack of lesser materials. (On PTS I got out of three writs one pack of 25 steel and one pack of 25 kresh.)

So, when planning "how to get my crafting stuff done" in OneT this should be kept in mind and the answers might be different than they are now.

parking in zones is irrelevant. that is the entire point. no matter where you are, what you find will be relevant to your character - for e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. That makes every zone useful, functional and viable. that makes grouping from different factions equally good for everyone.

In the first days of ESO, character progressions were like zone mats tied to a narrow one-track route. When character stayed on that one path at the one rate, the nodes were matched to them by default - zone = level = mat. That started to get killed when gold and silver began, got blown up worse when Cp replaced vet levels and finally in OneT it will die - zone now has nothing to do with level so mats cannot be assigned to zone and serve the majority of the players.

However, as a result of the change, more mats relevant to the characters in play will be harvested. more cases of "i got the mats can you craft for me" should occur and fewer "i got no mats that help."

But some things for some characters will change, as they do in every update.

For example, instead of crafting gear upgrades as soon as you hit a new material level (good idea in the current weay) in onet it will be better to craft at the end of a tier and wear that through the next tier while your character gathers mats for the next upgrade at the end of next... etc. that simple change makes the "gather as i go" work better in a node-scale world.

Thats just one example i actually just went thru, even before OneT and it will serve well in OneT.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Day wrote: »
    jhharvest wrote: »
    My question is: does the Shroud of the Lich set now drop in all pieces?

"Item Sets will now drop for every item slot."

Yes, Shroud of the Lich will drop in Jewelry, Armor, and Weapons.
    That's going to be a game changer!

I tried looking for it on the PTS but had trouble getting a party together for the dungeon.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really think all this BoP gear in dungeons and trials is going to be a big issue. We just FINALLY got things sorted out where PvErs and PvPers both get good end game gear they can sell alongside the stuff that's bound, and now it's being taken away. Sucks. There's a certain stagnation to the economy due to the gear level cap not being raised in a year, but vet levels being removed and the good variety of BoE gear from trials was keeping things going. :(
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »

I can confirm the old IC sets did not get updated.

Yea, confirmed it myself, that was a letdown.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, there are a plethora of threads about BoP trial gear.

I, for one, like that change, but other players are worried about profit.

This can and should easily be fixed with motifs.
    Make motif pages drop only in veteran versions of trials.
    This might not help vMoL much, since the Dro-m'Athra already got overfarmed in normal mode this patch.
    But still, even that motif should be changed to drop in veteran version only.

Another compromise is to make Wise Mage, Quick Serpent and Immortal Warrior BoE, and drop from all Craglorn trials, just like Infallible Aether, Vicious Ophidian and Eternal Warrior.
    The former three sets are actually dumbed down versions of the latter, and there will still be a high incentive to go farm trials for BoP Aegis/Slayer sets.

Even if the BoE does not strike you as a smart decision, please make motifs drop in veteran only.
    I see no distinct difference in terms of profit if both versions drop motifs.
    Which should definitely not be the case.
    Normal trials are highly popular right now, without the new Celestial motifs added to them.
    Make that the incentive the veteran raid players need.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might not help vMoL much, since the Dro-m'Athra already got overfarmed in normal mode this patch.

NO WAY.
    Motifs are for crafters, not for elite warriors. If obtaining gear has to be related to good player, then obtaining motifs needs to be related to master crafters only.

On a side note, I find the QQ of trial raiders here a little bit opportunistic. VMSA also costs a lot in pots and repairs (at least for those not yet mastering it perfectly), yet I haven't seen any of those who have completed it requesting maelstroem weapons to become BoE in order for them to sell the weapons to cover their costs. A bit of hypocrisy here, imho.
    Another compromise is to make Wise Mage, Quick Serpent and Immortal Warrior BoE, and drop from all Craglorn trials, just like Infallible Aether, Vicious Ophidian and Eternal Warrior.
    The former three sets are actually dumbed down versions of the latter, and there will still be a high incentive to go farm trials for BoP Aegis/Slayer sets.

That sounds reasonable.

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the trainee set only dropping in Training? I would like to play with this set

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO WAY.
    Motifs are for crafters, not for elite warriors. If obtaining gear has to be related to good player, then obtaining motifs needs to be related to master crafters only.

On a side note, I find the QQ of trial raiders here a little bit opportunistic. VMSA also costs a lot in pots and repairs (at least for those not yet mastering it perfectly), yet I haven't seen any of those who have completed it requesting maelstroem weapons to become BoE in order for them to sell the weapons to cover their costs. A bit of hypocrisy here, imho.

Sure, Motifs are for crafters, but they are not forced to do the content to be able to obtain the motifs.
    Take a look at Akaviri, it is only buyable with AP.
    Yet every crafter has those motifs, because they bought them from players that play PvP.
    Master crafters have many methods of income available to them, they (we*, as I am one of them) are the ones that are supposed to buy the motifs, not farm and sell them.

As for the QQ, I definitely agree. The whine is real.
    Guilds did trials before we got MoL motifs and BoE gear, I didn't see anyone complain about raid costs.

However, I do think that veteran trials should have a bigger incentive (reward) than normal trials.
    Hence motifs.

EDIT: to put some perspective to your comparison: best trial gear is not exclusive to vet trials, you can get them in normal modes too. Meaning that master crafters are able to obtain BiS gear without having to run "elite" content.
    BoE gear (if added) will also be added to both modes.
    Tell me, how do we differentiate normal from veteran then? Why even run veteran then?
    Edited by Dubhliam on September 8, 2016 11:06AM
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    will impen drop again next patch? and what sets/items will drop in impen?
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, I do think that veteran trials should have a bigger incentive (reward) than normal trials.
    Hence motifs.

If people need more incentive / rewards to run vet trials... fine. Why not.
    But I disagree on the "hence, motifs". I'd say "hence, anything, but not motifs".

I think motifs should be easily (and by "easily", I don't mean "quick", I mean "not requiring 30K+ DPS and a whole group of 30K+ DPS") farmable, for crafters.
    I didn't like the Akaviri motif to be AP-exclusive either, to be honest. And I don't want to see that pattern become a standard.
    PvPers have plenty of AP and need gold ? => MOTIF !
    Raiders have plenty of DPS and need gold ? => MOTIF !
    If you push it a little, you could say...
    Newbies need gold for mount ? => MOTIF exclusive for non-vet accounts !
    Guild leaders need a reward for the time devoted to their guild ? => MOTIF !
    etc etc.

I know I'm stretching it too far, but you see what I mean. Motifs shouldn't become the magical item to implement as soon as there's a void somewhere in the game's systems in terms of providing incentives for running the content.

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since most items are dropping for every weapon/gear slot now, are the traits going to be tied to RNG as well? Or are they staying the same. I'm basically curious to find out if I can grind for some arcane Fasalla's Jewelry ;)
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Since most items are dropping for every weapon/gear slot now, are the traits going to be tied to RNG as well? Or are they staying the same. I'm basically curious to find out if I can grind for some arcane Fasalla's Jewelry ;)

Jewelries traits seem to follow the weigh rule : light -> arcane, medium -> robust, and heavy -> healthy. So no arcane Fasalla, I think, sorry.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »

Yeah... it's actually rather unfortunate they made this choice with jewelry itemization.
    I would also like to obtain Desert Rose or Alteration in Healthy or Robust.

But they... I guess I am in the minority, and the majority of players actually like to have a decreased RNG on jewelry.
    Jewelry: 1 trait
    Everything else: 8 traits.

Logic.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dam, well that's unfortunate. Guess my MagDK will always be gimped for open world. Was really hoping I could get some arcane fasalla's. Thanks @Wrobel you're the best -__-
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Ok so in OneT a character with cp160 level and a 10 in blacksmith will not be able to harvest nodes or pick up scrap drops from kills ogf any mat other than rubedite. if that character had nothing in clothing, he would harvest half-rubedite and half jute from cloth nodes and find half-ruby scraps and half rawhide scraps in beast kills.

if the character does writs, every writ which doesn't give a survey map will provide a 25 pack of lesser materials. (On PTS I got out of three writs one pack of 25 steel and one pack of 25 kresh.)

So, when planning "how to get my crafting stuff done" in OneT this should be kept in mind and the answers might be different than they are now.

parking in zones is irrelevant. that is the entire point. no matter where you are, what you find will be relevant to your character - for e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. That makes every zone useful, functional and viable. that makes grouping from different factions equally good for everyone.

In the first days of ESO, character progressions were like zone mats tied to a narrow one-track route. When character stayed on that one path at the one rate, the nodes were matched to them by default - zone = level = mat. That started to get killed when gold and silver began, got blown up worse when Cp replaced vet levels and finally in OneT it will die - zone now has nothing to do with level so mats cannot be assigned to zone and serve the majority of the players.

However, as a result of the change, more mats relevant to the characters in play will be harvested. more cases of "i got the mats can you craft for me" should occur and fewer "i got no mats that help."

For example, instead of crafting gear upgrades as soon as you hit a new material level (good idea in the current weay) in onet it will be better to craft at the end of a tier and wear that through the next tier while your character gathers mats for the next upgrade at the end of next... etc. that simple change makes the "gather as i go" work better in a node-scale world.

Thats just one example i actually just went thru, even before OneT and it will serve well in OneT.

@STEVIL

Thanks for the extra info. Still what I get from it is that a max level crafter can no longer harvest their own materials but must rely on once/day writs for a small sum of some random previous tier of materials, or rely on others to harvest it for them.

Why not just remove the lower end of the crafting range for materials? So instead of Rubedite Ingots being only useful for CP150-160, just make them used in crafting "up to level CP 160".
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@STEVIL

Thanks for the extra info. Still what I get from it is that a max level crafter can no longer harvest their own materials but must rely on once/day writs for a small sum of some random previous tier of materials, or rely on others to harvest it for them.

Why not just remove the lower end of the crafting range for materials? So instead of Rubedite Ingots being only useful for CP150-160, just make them used in crafting "up to level CP 160"

Actually if i forgot to mention it in this reply it was an oversight... that is the exact suggestion i have made at least a half dozen times in this thread, official feedback and other threads on the OneT crafting topics. It fits in line with the easement they gave enchants - lifting the upper level there when that got overhauled in DB.

the narrow range for mats gear-cap is a legacy from the original linear scripted pathway and needs to be adjusted in just that way - IMO.

i hope they do it but so far no sign either way.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually if i forgot to mention it in this reply it was an oversight... that is the exact suggestion i have made at least a half dozen times in this thread, official feedback and other threads on the OneT crafting topics. It fits in line with the easement they gave enchants - lifting the upper level there when that got overhauled in DB.

the narrow range for mats gear-cap is a legacy from the original linear scripted pathway and needs to be adjusted in just that way - IMO.

The one downside to that is the amount of materials required has to scale between Level 1 and Level X for each material. This means that for stuff like Rubedite, if you allowed crafting from Level 1 through CP 160, would have to start off with something like 1 ingot and end up with something like 20 or 30 ingots., or even more (65+ ingots)

If I am understanding the idea fully.
    Edited by Elsonso on September 8, 2016 5:23PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The one downside to that is the amount of materials required has to scale between Level 1 and Level X for each material. This means that for stuff like Rubedite, if you allowed crafting from Level 1 through CP 160, would have to start off with something like 1 ingot and end up with something like 20 or 30 ingots., or even more (65+ ingots)

I don't see why they can't simply use the usual 10-12 per item for anything sub CP160, and stick with the 10X multiplier for CP 160.

Lower level can still harvest and use Cotton, higher levels can just use whatever higher level materials they are able to harvest.

There is no need to alter the amounts you need down to only 1 ingot instead of 10 or whatever. Rank 10 materials are just as easy to get now as Rank 1 materials.

Now I think you may be asking yourself "Why would I waste Rubedite (etc..) on level 10 items when I need so much of it for CP 160 items?!", and you would be correct that many people would choose to never do that. But if I want to blow 100 refined materials to give a low level alt a new set of gear, I really should have that option.

I am a master crafter for ** sake! I should be able to make a low level set out of my amazing advanced Ruby materials (especially since it is all I can actually harvest).
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually my proposal addressed that simply.

If you lowered a mat below its level you still stayed st that minimum mats spent, no matter how far down you go.

So ssy ruby ash take 12 for cp150 and 120 for cp160. It would also take 12 for anything level 1 to cp150.

So you csn lowrr the gesr cap but not the minimum mats soent.

Tthat g8ves a slight efficiency to having the "right nats" but if all you are harvesting is ruby the costs for cp150 and less arent gonna hurt too much, at leadt compared to cp160 and its 10x.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are actually not simple solutions.
    Far from it.

The simplest solution would be to scale 50% of the nodes to player crafting proficiency,
    and leave 50% of the nodes zone specific.

Btw, I believe this discussion would be more suitable for the misc official feedback, not itemization.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those are actually not simple solutions.
    Far from it.

The simplest solution would be to scale 50% of the nodes to player crafting proficiency,
    and leave 50% of the nodes zone specific.

Btw, I believe this discussion would be more suitable for the misc official feedback, not itemization.

Thats not a solution. Its a sacrifice.

You are saying "all you crafters who wsnt to pkay snywhere, you will get 50% of your mats keyed to pre-set zones. So if you want to settlebin Glenumbra but Glenumbra ids a mahogany zone you get useless mahogany. But my master crafter who wants to go farm whatever i want gets to do that."

So you sacrifice all the others for the smaller master crafters se who wsnt to spend time in lower mat land. You sacrifice play anywhere for everyone. You sacrifice "great i can play in my home land again." You sacrifice "world wide quests where all zone useful".

Put us right back or keep us in "some zone give me better mats."

Zone locked mats are a legacy once designed to tie character levrl and mat level together. In OneT that is accomplished by scaling nodes. Otherwise, characters will get more useless mats which 9nly serves those wanting to exploit that.

If the problem is "my 10-10 cant get mats for mid crafting" that problem is solved by removing the lower gear cap on mats.

If the problem is "if folks get useful mats everyehere i wont be able to harvest as much gold off other players" that IS served by forcing zone locked mats into OneT.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Treasure Hunter doesn't increase quality of items. Still getting green items form chests and dolmens.