The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Itemization Changes

• Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    The new names for the unique items in sets are just, and I hate to be so crude, dumb. For real. "Edge of the Black Sands of the Air"? Come on, ZOS.
    unban my first account thanks
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if impen drops in any of the dungeons sets?
    Can anyone answer this?I play Xbox can't test.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there was a small blurb today in the patch notes stating the Elegance set (from S.O. currently) should now drop with an Impen. trait on the shields. Has the PvP community finally gotten a reason to do trials? Are sets from the trials going to now have impen. as a possible armor drop trait?

Be great to see that happen, and would love to hear official word on it. I've started to do trials with a PvE guild because of the weapon (and now jewlery and shield drops) occurring. Please someone respond and let us have hope? Because there really isn't ANYthing in the PvP loot tables that are worth 50k ap on a gamble. It's seriously the worst itemization ever.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We have an update for you. We will be making the following changes to Trait attainability with the launch of Update 12:
    • Prosperous and Training will be removed as a valid Trait for all items that drop in Trials
    • Valid Traits for Trials and Leaderboard rewards are as follows:
      • Weapons – Infused, Powered, Precise, Defending, Sharpened, Charged, Decisive
      • Armor – Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, Reinforced, Sturdy
    • Items drops in the overland and in dungeons will have a chance of dropping with all available Traits, including Impenetrable

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us on this subject. We appreciate how constructive this discussion has been, and the ideas shared.

Elegance will no longer drop in SO, it can be found in Auridon.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I may have missed it so a question for @ZOS_GinaBruno et al.

ICE FURNACE SET

Did (or will) the weapon damage 4 pc set bonus in Ice Furnace get shifted from weapon damage to spell damage or at least spell AND weapon damage?

does this set ( which has its 5pc keyed to two different elemental damage types and magica and spell resist on its other set bonuses) still raise weapon damage instead of spell damage?

Thanks for an your time and if it hasn't been adjusted, it should, IMO.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Fire Wrobel.

He is nice guy, only problem he may be facing is last year backlash from Stamina users,

Stamina was weak last year but this year stamina unleashed magicka a way more behind.

I thought one Tamrial will solve this issue but I was wrong and the the buff stamina trend continues.

@wrobel you need to seriously handle magicka users complaints, almost every 2nd guy is stamina on PVP now and every magicka player is complaining..

Stamina PVE is also very strong now, dual wield returns best Healing. Even surviving in trials wihtout vigor..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 13, 2016 8:17AM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So does black rose, reactive etc drop in jewelry now too?****jk found out****
    Edited by Moglijuana on September 13, 2016 4:22PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We have an update for you. We will be making the following changes to Trait attainability with the launch of Update 12:
    • Prosperous and Training will be removed as a valid Trait for all items that drop in Trials
    • Valid Traits for Trials and Leaderboard rewards are as follows:
      • Weapons – Infused, Powered, Precise, Defending, Sharpened, Charged, Decisive
      • Armor – Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, Reinforced, Sturdy
    • Items drops in the overland and in dungeons will have a chance of dropping with all available Traits, including Impenetrable

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us on this subject. We appreciate how constructive this discussion has been, and the ideas shared.

Elegance will no longer drop in SO, it can be found in Auridon.

Yep thanks, I was corrected by guildmates last night on this. That particular set has been renamed Queen's Elegance too. Ahh well, maybe someday there will be a true reason to do trials for gear. Perhaps we'll see new PvP gear in 6 months =(
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

ICE FURNACE SET

Did (or will) the weapon damage 4 pc set bonus in Ice Furnace get shifted from weapon damage to spell damage or at least spell AND weapon damage?

does this set ( which has its 5pc keyed to two different elemental damage types and magica and spell resist on its other set bonuses) still raise weapon damage instead of spell damage?

This set is usless for mages or stamina unless weapon damage is changed to spell damage..
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ICE FURNACE SET

This set is usless for mages or stamina unless weapon damage is changed to spell damage..

yeah its one of the few remaining on the list of drops that keeps the skew in its bonuses that isn't a trainee or general all round set.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shrb wrote: »
    Do the new itemization means that a magplar can run 5p burning spellweave, 5p soulshine, 2p skoria and whatever weapons he wants and have something like +1000 spellpower on Most (all?) his dps abilities?

LOL, what. do everyone a favour and read your tooltips. templars have a whopping 1 ability which does fire damage(vampires bane/reflective light).

in spite of that, if you run fire staff then yes this will have a good chance to to heavily buff jabs and beam a decent portion of time(unless the cast time on soulshine actually works, which im doubtful of, then dark flare as well)

whatever weapons? you have to run sword board or dual wield to set that up, its impossible to run 5 spellweave+5 soulshine+2skoria while using a fire staff to help proc the set.
    would need testing to see if one fire dot+ skoria is enough in single target dps fights(seems doubtful)
    Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on September 13, 2016 6:47PM
  • DragonBourneIdentity
    DragonBourneIdentity
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know why people, including myself, aren't satisfied with epic jewelry. Maybe it feels like a lack of completion?
    In update 13,(if 12 is too soon) give us a way to upgrade them. Not a profession per se, but maybe a rare reward from the daily random or a quest, a rare drop from monsters... a bunch of gold? This is going to make a lot of players very happy, even if it takes some effort or patience.

Also, while you're changing some existing sets, could you change Engine guardian's 1pc bonus to anything but health regen?

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question, it was said numerous times that Training and Prosperous were going to be removed from at the very least, Undaunted sets (Helms/Shoulders). Ideally we want it gone from everything aside from starter gear + craftable gear, but I have found something that breaks your statement;

Screenshot_20160913_144252.png

Are you removing your numerous statements on Training/Prosperous, or is this merely a "we haven't had time yet" thing?
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question, it was said numerous times that Training and Prosperous were going to be removed from at the very least, Undaunted sets (Helms/Shoulders). Ideally we want it gone from everything aside from starter gear + craftable gear, but I have found something that breaks your statement;

Are you removing your numerous statements on Training/Prosperous, or is this merely a "we haven't had time yet" thing?
    I don't remember them every saying their removing them from monster sets only sets that drop in trials.
  • shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    Do the new itemization means that a magplar can run 5p burning spellweave, 5p soulshine, 2p skoria and whatever weapons he wants and have something like +1000 spellpower on Most (all?) his dps abilities?

LOL, what. do everyone a favour and read your tooltips. templars have a whopping 1 ability which does fire damage(vampires bane/reflective light).

in spite of that, if you run fire staff then yes this will have a good chance to to heavily buff jabs and beam a decent portion of time(unless the cast time on soulshine actually works, which im doubtful of, then dark flare as well)

whatever weapons? you have to run sword board or dual wield to set that up, its impossible to run 5 spellweave+5 soulshine+2skoria while using a fire staff to help proc the set.
    would need testing to see if one fire dot+ skoria is enough in single target dps fights(seems doubtful)

no need to be rude.
    my actual question was answered ages ago without spite.
    so your answer is 100% redundant
    and yeah, I even said i miscalculated the number of slots, derp moments happen.

that post was so old that i've moved on from spellweave either way, for an extended fight, it averages to about 400something sp, so not worth it for boss fights, other sets will be better for temps

i dont have a clue about pvp though
    Edited by shrb on September 13, 2016 10:17PM
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why I'm writing this, but I have a tiny tiny tiny hope ZOS may consider it.

ZOS could put one good BoP set and one good BoE set in each dungeon/trial, it would obviously be the perfect choice.

If some good sets were BoE in every dungeon, and every trial, you would in total see a huge increase of players playing the variety of dungeons. End game in ESO is a lot about getting gold, and using that gold to buy expensive gear from others! It has been like this since launch, and it has been working! The only problem has been that only a select few dungeons and trials have had good BoE gear. WIth all these new cool sets, you could solve that problem. You could spread the meta sets out and put them in different dungeons so that people get variety and play the different dungeons and trials every day.

This has to be the way to do it. You would get both farmers and players to play everything the game has to offer. Some would farm for the BoE, some would strive to get BoP, some would do it for achievements, some for daily, some would do it for whatever reason. There would always be a reason to play a dungeon or trial.

WIth update 12 as it looks now, I'll never run Sanctum Ophedia again, cause I've got a 5 piece VO, 5 piece aether, and I do not play trials for leaderboards. You are pretty much forcing me and many many others out of content instead of making us play it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't remember them every saying their removing them from monster sets only sets that drop in trials.

There were a lot of instances where they said they'd remove it from Undaunted 2 pieces, just not "officially". Doesn't make sense to remove training/prosperous from trials and leave it on Undaunted 2 pieces. I can see the argument behind leaving it in 4 man dungeons (as much as I disagree, I'd still be okay with it), but there is absolutely 0 reason for them to exist on Monster sets, or at least Shoulders.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are lot of junk sets for magicka, @ZOS , @ZOS_GinaBruno need lot of tweaking for magicka sets.

Should Add Magic Damage Buff 5 piece set like Silk of Sun(for fire damage only).

Even stamina have melee damage 5 piece set, that can be combined with dual wield 5 piece set or 2H or 1h and shield.

Also Remove active pet requirement from Necropotance set.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 14, 2016 1:43AM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There were a lot of instances where they said they'd remove it from Undaunted 2 pieces, just not "officially". Doesn't make sense to remove training/prosperous from trials and leave it on Undaunted 2 pieces. I can see the argument behind leaving it in 4 man dungeons (as much as I disagree, I'd still be okay with it), but there is absolutely 0 reason for them to exist on Monster sets, or at least Shoulders.

I completely agree with you but in the thread from last PTS WHERE a lot of players wanted training and prosperous removed and impen added to the loot table. They won't remove those traits from dungeons sets but will add impen back.Of something change I hope it does but they haven't said a thing.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grothdarr shoulder just floating in air.
    image.jpg
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Alcast wrote: »
    The set is using Spell Penetration instead of Armor Penetration. It is Poison damage so it should be armor penetration but like all old sets they have not yet been "adjusted" or it simply has been forgotten to change it to armor penetration (Like with the Viper set in the past)

6900a2afce3c8964c8d233e14251a65e.png

I really hope this can be fixed before the update goes live.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    All heavy armor sets that are based on magicka need their jewellery to come as arcane as well.

Robust jewelry are trash for pve dps
    Heavy armor is trash for pve dps
    So by definition all heavy armor sets for magicka (I.e. A LOT) Will be collectively trash for pve dps
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All heavy armor sets that are based on magicka need their jewellery to come as arcane as well.

So by definition all heavy armor sets for magicka (I.e. A LOT) Will be collectively trash for pve dps

There is no reason why new jewelry is limited to one trait.

I use many "magicka" sets for jewelry pieces on my tanks, and I sure would like them to be available in all traits.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use many "magicka" sets for jewelry pieces on my tanks, and I sure would like them to be available in all traits.

I prefer single-trait jewelry. Yes, I have found uses for Healthy and Robust Willpower jewelry (it's what I used on my tank before I switched to Bahraha), but imagine all the rage that people have had over being "rewarded" with Robust Willpower or Arcane Agility. The last thing we want is even more RNG trait roulette on top of what we already have.

If you want jewelry in a trait other than your main stat pool, why not just re-enchant an armor piece for that stat? It's the same thing. The jewelry trait doesn't really hurt unless you're trying to fit healthy jewelry into a DPS build--you can't change any health enchants to stam/mag because you have no health enchants to start with. But in these cases, like Soulshine and Ravager, their availability only in heavy/healthy is actually a good way of achieving some degree of balance and prevents some of the OP combinations available (though sadly there are plenty of OP combinations available already with other sets, but that doesn't mean we should open the door even wider).
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I prefer single-trait jewelry. Yes, I have found uses for Healthy and Robust Willpower jewelry (it's what I used on my tank before I switched to Bahraha), but imagine all the rage that people have had over being "rewarded" with Robust Willpower or Arcane Agility. The last thing we want is even more RNG trait roulette on top of what we already have.

If you want jewelry in a trait other than your main stat pool, why not just re-enchant an armor piece for that stat? It's the same thing. The jewelry trait doesn't really hurt unless you're trying to fit healthy jewelry into a DPS build--you can't change any health enchants to stam/mag because you have no health enchants to start with. But in these cases, like Soulshine and Ravager, their availability only in heavy/healthy is actually a good way of achieving some degree of balance and prevents some of the OP combinations available (though sadly there are plenty of OP combinations available already with other sets, but that doesn't mean we should open the door even wider).

because ALL heavy magicka sets (and there are a lot now) are garbage for PvE if they only come in healthy:

you cant use (efficiently) heavy armor as a pve magicka dps
    you cant use (efficiently) healthy jewerly as a pve magicka dps
    so all heavy magicka sets are useless for pve

stamina has it good since most of it's dps sets are medium, so robust, but for magicka there are a TON of heavy armors.

unless you want to tell me that 90% of the magicka sets ar designed only for pvp... which is plainly sad and stupid
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

So...
    You grind for that perfect armor trait for weeks, but once a ring drops it's always, 100% the same trait?
    Yeah...
    RNG
    Puh-lease.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    So quick question. How is a CP level 160 character, who is Rank 10 in, say, Blacksmith suppose to get some lower level materials to craft some gear for a friend or alt?

Can max level crafters really not gather their own low level materials anymore?

Only solutions I can think of is respec your entire skill line over and over (which will cost most people 10-15k per respect, not to mention the PIA factor), or create 1 alt for each zone and park them permanently so they can gather low materials for you. Is this the solution?

Ok so in OneT a character with cp160 level and a 10 in blacksmith will not be able to harvest nodes or pick up scrap drops from kills ogf any mat other than rubedite. if that character had nothing in clothing, he would harvest half-rubedite and half jute from cloth nodes and find half-ruby scraps and half rawhide scraps in beast kills.

if the character does writs, every writ which doesn't give a survey map will provide a 25 pack of lesser materials. (On PTS I got out of three writs one pack of 25 steel and one pack of 25 kresh.)

So, when planning "how to get my crafting stuff done" in OneT this should be kept in mind and the answers might be different than they are now.

parking in zones is irrelevant. that is the entire point. no matter where you are, what you find will be relevant to your character - for e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. That makes every zone useful, functional and viable. that makes grouping from different factions equally good for everyone.

In the first days of ESO, character progressions were like zone mats tied to a narrow one-track route. When character stayed on that one path at the one rate, the nodes were matched to them by default - zone = level = mat. That started to get killed when gold and silver began, got blown up worse when Cp replaced vet levels and finally in OneT it will die - zone now has nothing to do with level so mats cannot be assigned to zone and serve the majority of the players.

However, as a result of the change, more mats relevant to the characters in play will be harvested. more cases of "i got the mats can you craft for me" should occur and fewer "i got no mats that help."

But some things for some characters will change, as they do in every update.

For example, instead of crafting gear upgrades as soon as you hit a new material level (good idea in the current weay) in onet it will be better to craft at the end of a tier and wear that through the next tier while your character gathers mats for the next upgrade at the end of next... etc. that simple change makes the "gather as i go" work better in a node-scale world.

Thats just one example i actually just went thru, even before OneT and it will serve well in OneT.

@STEVIL

Thanks for the extra info. Still what I get from it is that a max level crafter can no longer harvest their own materials but must rely on once/day writs for a small sum of some random previous tier of materials, or rely on others to harvest it for them.

Why not just remove the lower end of the crafting range for materials? So instead of Rubedite Ingots being only useful for CP150-160, just make them used in crafting "up to level CP 160".

The price of lower level mats is going to go up - no doubt about it.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    So quick question. How is a CP level 160 character, who is Rank 10 in, say, Blacksmith suppose to get some lower level materials to craft some gear for a friend or alt?

Can max level crafters really not gather their own low level materials anymore?

Only solutions I can think of is respec your entire skill line over and over (which will cost most people 10-15k per respect, not to mention the PIA factor), or create 1 alt for each zone and park them permanently so they can gather low materials for you. Is this the solution?

Ok so in OneT a character with cp160 level and a 10 in blacksmith will not be able to harvest nodes or pick up scrap drops from kills ogf any mat other than rubedite. if that character had nothing in clothing, he would harvest half-rubedite and half jute from cloth nodes and find half-ruby scraps and half rawhide scraps in beast kills.

if the character does writs, every writ which doesn't give a survey map will provide a 25 pack of lesser materials. (On PTS I got out of three writs one pack of 25 steel and one pack of 25 kresh.)

So, when planning "how to get my crafting stuff done" in OneT this should be kept in mind and the answers might be different than they are now.

parking in zones is irrelevant. that is the entire point. no matter where you are, what you find will be relevant to your character - for e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. That makes every zone useful, functional and viable. that makes grouping from different factions equally good for everyone.

In the first days of ESO, character progressions were like zone mats tied to a narrow one-track route. When character stayed on that one path at the one rate, the nodes were matched to them by default - zone = level = mat. That started to get killed when gold and silver began, got blown up worse when Cp replaced vet levels and finally in OneT it will die - zone now has nothing to do with level so mats cannot be assigned to zone and serve the majority of the players.

However, as a result of the change, more mats relevant to the characters in play will be harvested. more cases of "i got the mats can you craft for me" should occur and fewer "i got no mats that help."

But some things for some characters will change, as they do in every update.

For example, instead of crafting gear upgrades as soon as you hit a new material level (good idea in the current weay) in onet it will be better to craft at the end of a tier and wear that through the next tier while your character gathers mats for the next upgrade at the end of next... etc. that simple change makes the "gather as i go" work better in a node-scale world.

Thats just one example i actually just went thru, even before OneT and it will serve well in OneT.

@STEVIL

Thanks for the extra info. Still what I get from it is that a max level crafter can no longer harvest their own materials but must rely on once/day writs for a small sum of some random previous tier of materials, or rely on others to harvest it for them.

Why not just remove the lower end of the crafting range for materials? So instead of Rubedite Ingots being only useful for CP150-160, just make them used in crafting "up to level CP 160".

not for iron maple jute

others maybe but IDK
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    I'm not sure about that. What's even the point of crafting lowbie gear anymore, with BoE set drops scaling to your level left and right?

And don't forget that writs will still drop a bunch of random lowbie mats as well. There should be plenty in the guild stores.