Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Compilation of TG bugs in PvP [Current Bug Counter: 89] OP reformatted 4/10/16

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    The bug where low detail terrain meshes are being displayed at the same time as the high detail meshes is still around and still annoying as hell.

Holy hell what a pet peeve this is of mine.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    The bug where low detail terrain meshes are being displayed at the same time as the high detail meshes is still around and still annoying as hell.

It's the bug that makes people who you show the game to go "lol no thanks bye".
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

It's the bug that makes people who you show the game to go "lol no thanks bye".

It has the same effect on me.
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it me or...

52193238.jpg
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I srsly think terrain mechanics or whatever need to be looked at. Areas like the gate of Ghartok are absolutely game breaking when it comes to gap closers like crit rush and invasion..
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to let you all know that we'll have some updates to a lot of the reported issues tomorrow.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let you all know that we'll have some updates to a lot of the reported issues tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How I used to feel hearing something like this:
    giphy.gif

How I tend to feel when we finally get the news:
    giphy.gif

(and yes, that's my templar house)
    Edited by Zheg on April 7, 2016 10:14PM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Added 3 more bugs.

And Zheg, your templar house looks entirely too cozy. /reported
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

giphy.gif

How come YOU get a cloak and the rest of us do not!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

200w.gif
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

How come YOU get a cloak and the rest of us do not!

It was ZOS' bribe to keep me from really saying how I feel about wrobel, firor, and the company's performance overall at managing this game.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first post is going very large. We should take the resolved bugs into a "spoiler" part or so.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to add (if it has not been already) there is a bug in which players get knocked into the walls of keeps and remain inside the walls or underneath the keeps. Sometimes I am hit with a knockback/down and sometimes I just rubberband from lag and end up in these situations.

While trapped you are unable to interact with players of your own faction or those of the enemy. You cannot heal/Purge or AoE. Basically you are "sitting in the corner with a dunce cap on." The only way I have found to get out of this is to /stuck which has an hour long cd, so if it happens twice within an hour span you are simply screwed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno this has been randomly happening since last year before Orsinium.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen another one recently, hope someone has the goods on it or video of it.

Templars with bizzare animations. Like you see them do a channel and then you see them bug out with other animations in it.

Like toppling charge and you see them cruising through the air with their shield up or spamming jabs in the air (which hit you even though they are out of range).
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    You can get ported into the wrong alliance base. I ported with my DC character from Maw of Lorkhaj to Trueflame and came out of the loadingscreen already dead inside the AD base.

UICzHgV.jpg

wondered why they added instant death for anyone inside enemy homebase in patch notes, saves fixing the problem I suppose lol

Also unable to use fighter guild Intimidate option with quest npc while in werewolf form, first /bug reported and forum reported just after IC
    Edited by Zaldan on April 8, 2016 5:27PM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

200w.gif

Haha I'm typing everything up now. It's still today!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, here are some updates to many of the most recent issues reported. It's worth noting that this thread has kind of strayed away from the original intent, which was supposed to be bugs from the Thieves Guild update. It's getting a little difficult to tell what's new versus longstanding issues, and if something is even still happening since we've published several incremental patches. With that said, here are some responses/updates:
    1. Mage Light buff multiplies endlessly in the buff tracker We weren’t able to reproduce this. Are you guys still seeing it after the incremental patches we’ve published?
    2. Sorc Curse can stack multiple times from one caster on the same target in laggy fights and go off at once, each one doing damage. We weren’t able to reproduce this. Are you guys still seeing it after the incremental patches we’ve published?
    3. Alessia Mine is missing an area of wooden planks where the planks simply do not render. We weren’t able to reproduce this. Are you guys still seeing it after some of the fixes we’ve recently implemented for the 64-bit client?
    4. Templar Rune Focus is removing Rapid Maneuver speed buff. Rune Focus was changed in TG to only be a self buff, is the ability still 'tagged' as a group buff? Casting an ability on yourself or an ally will remove Rapid Maneuvers.
    5. DK Magma Shell does not apply the shield to allies in a 'smart' way like Barrier was changed to do on PTS. Multiple Magma Shells will pop shields on the same people instead of putting new shields on people without a Magma Shell shield. It's possible other skills like Bone Shield are also bugged like this. We’re aware of this issue, and are working on a fix for it.
    6. The out of stealth stun from Focused Aim is applied as soon as Focused Aim is cast and BEFORE it hits the target. The target cannot CC break the stun until AFTER Focused Aim hits. We weren’t able to reproduce this, and would like more information if it’s still occurring.
    7. There is a way to bug out/exploit dodge chance/Shuffle to provide more than 20% dodge chance. We weren’t able to immediately reproduce this, but will continue to investigate. We’d love some more information if possible.
    8. The Camo Hunter visual bug is back, the visual effect can display on your weapon when you do not have the buff active. We weren’t able to reproduce this, and would like more information if it’s still occurring.
    9. Certain areas cause an 'Invalid Target' bug when using Bolt Escape, causing you to not move at all. Thanks! We’ve made a note of this, and will work on a fix.
    10. CC is broken, often you do not get CC immunity after being CC'd unless you break free of it. You are not granted CC immunity until the full duration of the CC has ended. Some people may be getting CC'd prior to the duration of the original CC ending, which may be causing some confusion. If you want the CC immunity applied to you before the end of the CC, you must use CC break.
    11. Casting Poison Injection immediately after casting Snipe bugs out bow animations. We weren’t able to reproduce this, though is does appear from the video that animation cancelling is being used which could be causing a desync.
    12. Sorc Curse counts as a dot and cannot be empowered even though the tooltip increases when empower is procced. It also cannot proc Crit Surge heals. Thanks! We’ve made a note of this, and will work on a fix.
    13. Sorc Daedric Mines counts as a dot and cannot be empowered or proc Crit Surge heals. We’ve made a note of this as well, and will work on a fix.
    14. There is a health desync bug with a number of abilities. After watching the video, it looks like you might’ve run into some lag while fighting. That said, we weren’t able to reproduce the issue.
    15. There is an issue with ultimates not casting properly, but still draining ult from the caster. We’re aware of this issue, and are working on a fix for it.
    16. Casting Molten Armaments now takes you out of stealth, before TG it did not. Is this intended or merely an unforeseen effect of the changes to the skill? Casting any ability should take you out of stealth. If that wasn’t happening before, then that was a bug.
    17. You can become bugged out where the only action you are able to perform is CC break repeatedly, relogging is the only fix. We weren’t able to reproduce this issue, and unfortunately we weren’t able to get much information from the video.
    18. Immovable brute (haven't tested the other morph, but I guess it's got the same problem), from the heavy armor skill tres, no longer grants CC immunity against petrify (DK ability), nor against the daedra Harvesters stun that summons their healing spheres. We’re aware of this issue, and are working on a fix.
    19. Templar Javelin can cause double knock back CC if used on you while you are still on the ground from the first Javelin. We weren’t able to reproduce this issue.
    20. Stealth cost reduction appears to not be calculated properly. Everything appears to be working properly. To be clear, you cannot stack stealth bonuses to make stealth free.
    21. There is a bug with the "do not attack innocents" setting, if you have it on, you won't be able to perform any skills while looking at 'neutral' NPC's that are able to turn hostile (white outlines). Turn the setting off, and everything works fine. We checked a few NPCs and everything appeared to be functioning correctly. Do you have any additional info, like the exact location or NPC where you saw this?
    22. Cyrodiil outpost postern doors can become bugged and not render for you. In this state, you can walk through them as if they are not there. Only relogging can fix this. We’re aware of this issue, and are working on a fix.
    23. Under certain conditions, the Mark Target debuff red light column effect gets permanently stuck on your character even after the effect is gone. You and others can see it, only relogging fixes it. We weren’t able to reproduce this issue, even with the supplied video.
    24. DoTs are pulling NBs out of Cloak rather than Cloak suppressing them for its duration. Thank you! We’ve made a note of this, and will work on getting it fixed.
    25. Dragon Leap can become bugged out and not go through after casting. When this happens, the Leap uses only the amount of ult it costs, leaving excess ult still on your bar. Thanks, noted and working on a fix.
    26. You can be Feared through terrain. Looks like Uppercut was what knocked you through the asset, but it’s also worth noting that the lag during that time appeared to be pretty bad, which may have contributed.
    27. NB Shadow Image is bugged in to ways, the shade can fail to cast and also fail to port you to it even if you're in range. We weren’t able to reproduce this issue.
    28. In Imperial City sewers, when a group member enters through a door before you, if you then enter through the same door yourself BEFORE the group member has fully materialized on the other side, once you materialize on the other side, the group member will not have a group marker on top of them. The group marker appears to have been left behind in the previous area. If, for example, the group member in question is the group leader, the group leader icon is marked on the door that leads to the previous area. This is only corrected when they go through another door or transition area without you being in the loading screen at the same time. We tried this, and weren’t able to reproduce. Please let us know if you have additional information.
    29. Healing Ward is bugged and sometimes does not give the heal after 6 seconds like it is supposed to. We weren’t able to reproduce this issue.
    30. You can be ported to the wrong alliance base in Cyrodiil, resulting in instant death. Oh boy, that’s a fun one. Working on a fix for it – thank you!
    31. Eternal Warrior and Immortal Warrior sets have a bug when the turn to stone effect procs on death. After proccing, you still take damage from secondary dmg effects such as Burning, Corrode, amd Dark Flare Trauma, causing you to die while still in the stone proc. We tried testing this with the mentioned abilities, and weren’t able to reproduce this issue. It doesn’t look like the target took any additional damage while under Stoneform.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Most of those responses say you aren't able to reproduce the bug. I invite you or whoever you'd like to come play with us on TF and I'll personally show you a majority of them. You can't reproduce the missing wooden planks at arrius mine? They are missing for everyone on Live, and if you aren't even attempting to identify/reproduce these bugs on Live then we need to have a talk with your QA/testers.

For real though, most of those responses demonstrate a complete lack of experience on the Live servers, as the majority of pvpers see them every day. Please, come run with us for a night, I promise to keep the wrobel bashing to a minimum in our TS for whoever is still playing the game. There is an obvious disconnect between you guys and the reality on the Live server.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [*] Alessia Mine is missing an area of wooden planks where the planks simply do not render. We weren’t able to reproduce this. Are you guys still seeing it after some of the fixes we’ve recently implemented for the 64-bit client?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    I can only speak for the PC NA server but since TG launch if you go to the wooden ramp that leads up to the mine flag at Arrius has been missing the landing at the top, I haven't seen a problem at Alessia personally but I haven't really looked, Arrius is definitely missing some planks though.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, seriously deleting my comment?

Like Zheg says, all you need to do is test this stuff on a ,live server in prime time if you can't reproduce anything in a controlled lab environment. IF it turns out that the lag is the main cause, freaking shift most of your resources to figuring that out.

The story has been the same for the past 20 months.
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Most of those responses say you aren't able to reproduce the bug. I invite you or whoever you'd like to come play with us on TF and I'll personally show you a majority of them. You can't reproduce the missing wooden planks at arrius mine? They are missing for everyone on Live, and if you aren't even attempting to identify/reproduce these bugs on Live then we need to have a talk with your QA/testers.

For real though, most of those responses demonstrate a complete lack of experience on the Live servers, as the majority of pvpers see them every day. Please, come run with us for a night, I promise to keep the wrobel bashing to a minimum in our TS for whoever is still playing the game. There is an obvious disconnect between you guys and the reality on the Live server.

Define minimum...
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the more silly responses:
    Ok guys, here are some updates to many of the most recent issues reported. It's worth noting that this thread has kind of strayed away from the original intent, which was supposed to be bugs from the Thieves Guild update. It's getting a little difficult to tell what's new versus longstanding issues, and if something is even still happening since we've published several incremental patches. With that said, here are some responses/updates:
    1. Alessia Mine is missing an area of wooden planks where the planks simply do not render. We weren’t able to reproduce this. Are you guys still seeing it after some of the fixes we’ve recently implemented for the 64-bit client?
      --you need to walk to the mine to reproduce this bug
    2. Templar Rune Focus is removing Rapid Maneuver speed buff. Rune Focus was changed in TG to only be a self buff, is the ability still 'tagged' as a group buff? Casting an ability on yourself or an ally will remove Rapid Maneuvers.
      --if that's true, why are sorcs able to cast hardened ward and not lose their buff? Almost all self-only buffs will allow you to keep rapids, except for rune focus.
    3. CC is broken, often you do not get CC immunity after being CC'd unless you break free of it. You are not granted CC immunity until the full duration of the CC has ended. Some people may be getting CC'd prior to the duration of the original CC ending, which may be causing some confusion. If you want the CC immunity applied to you before the end of the CC, you must use CC break.
      --just, no. If I get hit with toppling charge and am stunned for 1.5 seconds and do NOT CC break, but rather wait the 1.5 seconds for my character to be in my control again, I can walk for a second then be immediately CC'd again. We know you have to wait for the full duration, we start moving (let's us know the full duration is up) and then get CC'd again. It's broken, and has been for a while.
    4. There is a health desync bug with a number of abilities. After watching the video, it looks like you might’ve run into some lag while fighting. That said, we weren’t able to reproduce the issue.
      --I could probably give you any number of videos of this occurring. It happens to pretty much everyone in my group at least once a night.
    5. Casting Molten Armaments now takes you out of stealth, before TG it did not. Is this intended or merely an unforeseen effect of the changes to the skill? Casting any ability should take you out of stealth. If that wasn’t happening before, then that was a bug.
      --wrong. Many, many abilities could be cast and not take you out of stealth. Camo hunter is the obvious choice. You guys even took off the empower from magelight in previous patches because players were casting it in stealth to empower their first opener from stealth. Who is telling you these answers Gina? Seriously, they seem to have not even a basic knowledge of the game.
    6. You can become bugged out where the only action you are able to perform is CC break repeatedly, relogging is the only fix. We weren’t able to reproduce this issue, and unfortunately we weren’t able to get much information from the video.
      -- this bug has been in the game for well over a year. It only happens rarely, and none of us can determine what actually causes it, but it's annoying as eff.
    7. Templar Javelin can cause double knock back CC if used on you while you are still on the ground from the first Javelin. We weren’t able to reproduce this issue.
      --it's not just javelin, but I run into this almost on a nightly basis. Come play on Live with us for a few hours and I'm sure you'll be able to reproduce it.
    8. Under certain conditions, the Mark Target debuff red light column effect gets permanently stuck on your character even after the effect is gone. You and others can see it, only relogging fixes it. We weren’t able to reproduce this issue, even with the supplied video.
      --this bug has been in game since launch, I've pretty much accepted that it's just a feature at this point.
    Edited by Zheg on April 8, 2016 6:21PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Did they just confirm that being double cc'd by rapids ccs is intended. Cc immunity should apply from the moment you are cc'd. :o
    Edited by timidobserver on April 8, 2016 6:21PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth noting that this thread has kind of strayed away from the original intent, which was supposed to be bugs from the Thieves Guild update. It's getting a little difficult to tell what's new versus longstanding issues, and if something is even still happening since we've published several incremental patches.
    Thanks, noted. I'll try separating the OP into TG and Pre TG sections and add spoiler tags for the videos. I can also try putting it in a google sheet of that makes things easier for you.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Stealth cost reduction appears to not be calculated properly. Everything appears to be working properly. To be clear, you cannot stack stealth bonuses to make stealth free.

This is not correct
    my character is in 7 pieces of Medium
    4/4 Improved Hiding from Legerdemain
    With 2 Nightshade Daggers and a Nightshade Necklace
    sneaking around the streets of Rivenspire
    casting Rapid Maneuvers for speed
    and I am watching my Stamina bar regenerate while doing it.

For clarity,
    my character is on my main computer
    in Sneak
    using autorun hotkey to keep running while I type this
    and I am able to tap the Maneuvers key every couple of laps for the speed buff
    never stopping moving to regen

This has been in game at least as long ago as the implementation of Legerdemain -- brought it up back then.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not granted CC immunity until the full duration of the CC has ended. Some people may be getting CC'd prior to the duration of the original CC ending, which may be causing some confusion. If you want the CC immunity applied to you before the end of the CC, you must use CC break.
    i didnt not know this was a thing
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • CC is broken, often you do not get CC immunity after being CC'd unless you break free of it. You are not granted CC immunity until the full duration of the CC has ended. Some people may be getting CC'd prior to the duration of the original CC ending, which may be causing some confusion. If you want the CC immunity applied to you before the end of the CC, you must use CC break.
    • Templar Javelin can cause double knock back CC if used on you while you are still on the ground from the first Javelin. We weren’t able to reproduce this issue.[/color
    These are the same bugs. What you described as intended is the way CC is working now, BUT that is not the way CC used to work for the first year+ of the game's release. It used to be as soon as you were hard CC'd, your character could not be affected by another hard CC. Yes, the CC immunity timer is supposed to begin counting after the duration of the CC ends, but you were also not supposed to be able to be re hard CC'd while still in a hard CC. You say that we should CC break if we want the immunity applied; the issue with that is when we are re hard CC'd from inside the first hard CC, the reapplication of the hard CC animation takes priority over our CC break and prevents us from CC breaking. This pretty much can go on for however many more hard CC animations are thrown at us.

Then there is a second issue, which is many many times the CC immunity fails to apply automatically after the CC duration ends. In these instances the only way to get CC immunity is by breaking free before the CC ends. This cannot be working as intended.
    • There is a bug with the "do not attack innocents" setting, if you have it on, you won't be able to perform any skills while looking at 'neutral' NPC's that are able to turn hostile (white outlines). Turn the setting off, and everything works fine. We checked a few NPCs and everything appeared to be functioning correctly. Do you have any additional info, like the exact location or NPC where you saw this?
    Any NPC tagged as an "innocent", so pretty much any of the non merchant/guard/quest giver NPCs anywhere in PvE zones. For example, in Rawklaw I have to pan the camera to look straight down at the ground in order to use Bolt Escape. If I look forward, as long as the recticle happens to highlight a grey NPC Bolt Escape will not cast.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh... Rip gap closers...
    The next 5 months are gonna be fun with gap closers that dont even work yay
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc