Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

AriBoh
AriBoh
✭✭✭✭✭
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154551/templars-focused-charge-still-has-global-cool-down#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161035/bug-eclipse-hinders-any-other-action#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/140130/zos-why-has-this-been-ignored-templar-focused-toppling-charge#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1587327#Comment_1587327

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161009/another-awesome-lock-out-all-your-skills-bug-for-templars#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/160603/why-is-eclipse-reflects-triggering-a-global-cooldown-on-templars#latest

Focused charge. For months Templars magika gap closer has had a golbal cooldown associated wit the skill that will lock you out of any action for 1-2 seconds after each use. Effectively stunning you for the same duration as the morphs of the skill apply to the target. In an ESO live on 1.6 Eric Wrobel was asked if this would ever be removed and he said it was a bug and shouldn't be there at all. It has been there for 9 months. We are now in Patch 2.0.3. Its still there.

Puncturing Strikes. Anyone who fought a stamina temp on the PTS knows how strong its permastun lock was. ZoS solution was to make it give CC immunity.... A 4 second CC immunity to every target it hits regardless if they are hit by the 1 second knockback that it gives to only a single target. So the skill is counter productive to PVE as you give CC immunity to all the mobs, and in PVP you give your target a free CC immunity for minimal damage for anyone not stupid enough to just stand there (70% of the PVP population).

Eclipse. Since 1.6 this skill is flat out broken. Use it on a mob that could use a magic skill on you and your skill bar will not respond at all. You cannot use any skills just run around until the eclipse falls off. I have not tried this in PVP since 1.6 I die often enough, I would guess its broken there too. I'll also point out that in pvp this skill can just be broken out of, another skill handing out free CC immunities for near nothing.

So far ZoSs response to these issuse have been -

Focused charge - The comment saying it was a bug on ESO live. A single Comment by @ZOS_JessicaFolsom saying its cooldown would be reduced not removed. And a patch note saying there was a reduction, one no one I've talked to has noticed.

Puncturing Strikes - Ignored.

Eclipse - Ignored.

These are not small problems. They range from a skill being near useless to a skill being actually useless. And ZOS refuses to even acknowledge that there is a problem. In a few threads that I and others have been trying to keep on the front page of the Combat & Character Mechanics we have had no response since the single one mentioned above before 1.6. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom we are p'd off here and would like to know that our concerns are being investigated and worked on. The broken skills in a computer game may be trivial in the greater view but when we come home from work/school/whatever we would like to be able to relax and have fun with the game we have paid for and many continue to pay for without glaring bugs to critical parts of content and honest upfront information from the devs. Being ignored for months does not help.

Edit - Focused charge is also prone to getting stuck in the running animation for up to 20 seconds, a record for the longest CC in the game!

Edit2 - The travel speed of the projectiles from Sun Fire and Solar Flare are far to slow there's no reason that they need to be half the speed of other casted projectile spells like Crystal Fragments.

Edit3 - Solar Barrage has a global cooldown and grants empower, but empower does not apply to AoEs

Edit4 - "You can not get benefit from Focused Healing passive if you rapidly cast Purifying Ritual + Breath of Life.
You have to wait until the first HOT tick to get that passive work which is 2 seconds."

Edit5 - Standing in Extended Ritual or Channeled Focus does not give you any healing bonus to Repentance.
khele23eb17
Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
"I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Words into the void.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tech who is working on it is a little busy right now. Here is a picture
    drunkfarksysadmin.jpg
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/160603/why-is-eclipse-reflects-triggering-a-global-cooldown-on-templars#latest

you forgot this topic that even identifies the problem with Eclipse, making it a easy fix.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154551/templars-focused-charge-still-has-global-cool-down#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161035/bug-eclipse-hinders-any-other-action#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/140130/zos-why-has-this-been-ignored-templar-focused-toppling-charge#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1587327#Comment_1587327

Focused charge. For months Templars magika gap closer has had a golbal cooldown associated wit the skill that will lock you out of any action for 1-2 seconds after each use. Effectively stunning you for the same duration as the morphs of the skill apply to the target. In an ESO live on 1.6 Eric Wrobel was asked if this would ever be removed and he said it was a bug and shouldn't be there at all. It has been there for 9 months. We are now in Patch 2.0.3. Its still there.

Puncturing Strikes. Anyone who fought a stamina temp on the PTS knows how strong its permastun lock was. ZoS solution was to make it give CC immunity.... A 4 second CC immunity to every target it hits regardless if they are hit by the 1 second knockback that it gives to only a single target. So the skill is counter productive to PVE as you give CC immunity to all the mobs, and in PVP you give your target a free CC immunity for minimal damage for anyone not stupid enough to just stand there (70% of the PVP population).

Eclipse. Since 1.6 this skill is flat out broken. Use it on a mob that could use a magic skill on you and your skill bar will not respond at all. You cannot use any skills just run around until the eclipse falls off. I have not tried this in PVP since 1.6 I die often enough, I would guess its broken there too. I'll also point out that in pvp this skill can just be broken out of, another skill handing out free CC immunities for near nothing.

So far ZoSs response to these issuse have been -

Focused charge - The comment saying it was a bug on ESO live. A single Comment by @ZOS_JessicaFolsom saying its cooldown would be reduced not removed. And a patch note saying there was a reduction, one no one I've talked to has noticed.

Puncturing Strikes - Ignored.

Eclipse - Ignored.

These are not small problems. They range from a skill being near useless to a skill being actually useless. And ZOS refuses to even acknowledge that there is a problem. In a few threads that I and others have been trying to keep on the front page of the Combat & Character Mechanics we have had no response since the single one mentioned above before 1.6. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom we are p'd off here and would like to know that our concerns are being investigated and worked on. The broken skills in a computer game may be trivial in the greater view but when we come home from work/school/whatever we would like to be able to relax and have fun with the game we have paid for and many continue to pay for without glaring bugs to critical parts of content and honest upfront information from the devs. Being ignored for months does not help.

Re-roll a Sorc.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you forgot this topic that even identifies the problem with Eclipse, making it a easy fix.

I don't frequent the general forum often thanks for adding that to the list, make them take notice.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭

I kind of want an LOL button for this. Make no mistake, I totally agree with you, but it sounds like you're suggesting a GCD is an easy fix? If Focused Charge is any indication, I'd say removing Templar GCDs might be one of the hardest software engineering problems known to man.

The sad part about Eclipse is, I'm almost 100% certain that if DK Scales had an issue like this, the amount of attention it would get, the number of replies from devs, and the speed with which the fix came out would make your head spin.
    Edited by likewow777 on March 31, 2015 1:19AM
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »

I kind of want an LOL button for this. Make no mistake, I totally agree with you, but it sounds like you're suggesting a GCD is an easy fix? If Focused Charge is any indication, I'd say removing Templar GCDs might be one of the hardest software engineering problems known to man.

The sad part about Eclipse is, I'm almost 100% certain that if DK Scales had an issue like this, the amount of attention it would get, the number of replies from devs, and the speed with which the fix came out would make your head spin.

I agree with you about the DK thing. If they had problems like this it would be hotfixed.

I'm convinced Mr. Wrobel plays a DK as his main. I think a templar may have beaten the tar out of his DK 1v1 at some point in time....thus the silence about all of our broken crap. But, hey, we have Jesus Beam, right? I'd rather have no GCDs and abilities that work to be honest. Oh, yeah, and they need to revert Breath of Life back to what it used to be.

Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar needs fixing, An unnerf blazing shield as a 6-7k shield in this climate with its extremely high cost is complete bogus (about 25k health is balanced)

Nearly all of our skills have cast times or or channel, It makes it a very boring class.

Melee magicka templar is pretty much dead at the moment, All the old bombplars are long gone most play ranged or rerolled or maybe even quit.

Between our cast times and channel spells we simply dont have enough DPS except to finish them off, Any competant player will have no trouble with a templar at the moment. And i believe the class is the weakest of all right now.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Front page please.
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templars have been buffed more than any class in the last major updates. I find this entire thread comical.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with buffs its about skill NOT WORKING AT ALL. Reading is tech.
    Edited by AriBoh on March 31, 2015 5:25AM
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    fix the class
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you search for "toppling charge," and you get this:
    aGKpntE.png
    You know you have a problem. Even the french know its bugged.

Recent Poll.

zPDxfov.png

Screenshot of section in Patch notes calling it a "post global cooldown."

jQQ1nMl.png

Link to ESO Live on 02/13/2015 where Eric Wrobel says its a "bug" and they are going to fix it. @59m35s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSjxZZTS1Uw#t=59m35s

Eric: "That's just a bug, and we're looking into getting it fixed"
    Gina: "Done!"
    Templars who actually play the game: "Nope! Still broken."

I wonder what the moderators think when they read this. Forum moderators are not developers. I know they have to take action if we let our frustration get the better of us but I wonder what they think of the developers and their ability to go home every night knowing the poor state of this game. Knowing that their game is broken, has been broken, in many ways, since launch.

Any when they leave the office and come home to their families, who ask "how was work." how do they answer?

"Work was good. I am working for a company that released a game half-baked and its still half-baked but my managers wont let me fix it because all my time is taken working on console development and management won't give me the time or resources to fix game breaking bugs that have been frustrating existing players since launch. That's how work was."
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on March 31, 2015 7:49AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't need to create more threads about Templar's broken skills, it is enouh of it on forum, and ZOS didn't answer any of it. Seems they doesn't care, so our posts are useless.
  • asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I discovered the eclipse bug the hard way - vet dsa. It really needs fixing and the damn cc from jabs needs to go
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar as a whole class feels boring in pvp, beside the major nurfs in 1.6..
    I can only report about my own experiences, as a DK or Sorc you'll have much more diversity than playing a templar, which often feels repetitive. Despite that healer-temp's survivability/auto defense was dramatically nurfed in this patch (light armor, Radiant Aura, blazing shield, etc etc).

When I skill my DK I get crazy about all the possibilities.
    When I've to skill the templar, this excitement about which skill to choose goes

Anyone who claims that templar's got buffed more than any other class is wrong, or hasn't really played a templar.
  • Kallipsoe
    Kallipsoe
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, these need to be fixed.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just joining in hoping to see a ZOS response.

Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played a Templar out of the gate a year ago. Gave up at VR7 and made that character my all around crafter.

Rolled a new one after 1.6 and recently reached VR7 with her....rather quickly because I found it a very good questing class due to its sustainability against the albeit diluted quest opponents and mobs. But also because I built her to be as near a pure healer as is practical in game of such small PvE group sizes. Thus I was able to get ready work in groups and daily pledge runs as soon as I hit 45.

In short, heal, heal, heal, Jesus Beam for execute keeping Damping Magic up all the time while moving like crazy.

Basically using most that's in the Templar arsenal that's not FUBAR. And that is viable in a defined, limited but important role.

Not saying it's okay.

Nor are the myriad known bugs, some acknowledged, some not, that have made folks turn on each other because when you draw attention to one - if only to get an official response - players appear to get nervous, thinking that your bug might get ahead of the line over the bug that matters most to them.

This natural response to feeling you're not being heard is worse than the bugs themselves. It's toxic to only people was actually care about - our fellow players.

Thus the first and most important needed fix is, as others have noted, communication.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing.
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the beta toppling charge had no GCD, it was added in for some silly reason or another, I imagine along with other GCDs put on the templar class (like way back in the day on puncturing strikes to prevent farming), maybe it was to combat bots like the others.... but its simply silly since none of the other charges have that global cooldown.... you can shield charge and crit charge small all day.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the OP but please edit in the animation sticking that happens with the charge. It happens wayyyy too often and is much larger than the cool down alone.
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    aGKpntE.png

Recent Poll.

zPDxfov.png

jQQ1nMl.png

Link to ESO Live on 02/13/2015 where Eric Wrobel says its a "bug" and they are going to fix it. @59m35s

I wonder what the moderators think when they read this. Forum moderators are not developers. I know they have to take action if we let our frustration get the better of us but I wonder what they think of the developers and their ability to go home every night knowing the poor state of this game. Knowing that their game is broken, has been broken, in many ways, since launch.

Any when they leave the office and come home to their families, who ask "how was work." how do they answer?

"Work was good. I am working for a company that released a game half-baked and its still half-baked but my managers wont let me fix it because all my time is taken working on console development and management won't give me the time or resources to fix game breaking bugs that have been frustrating existing players since launch. That's how work was."

epic post.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they gave templars the Jesus beam; so it evens out right?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    But they gave templars the Jesus beam; so it evens out right?

Nothing that irritates me more than the fact that people actually use that and healing as reasons to just leave Templars as is.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grimsfield wrote: »
    aGKpntE.png

Recent Poll.

zPDxfov.png

jQQ1nMl.png

epic post.

Best summary of this ever!
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grimsfield wrote: »
    aGKpntE.png

Recent Poll.

zPDxfov.png

jQQ1nMl.png

epic post.

Don't forget if you use toppling charge, about ~30-50% of the time you get stuck in the animation for like 20 seconds.... you know, a little gambling in using it to make the ability more interesting ;)
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix my skills please.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the toppling charge issue, but I'm fine with Biting Jabs being the way it is.
    The Moot Councillor
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If jabs is going to keep the KB which amounts to an interrupt at best, for 4 seconds of CC immunity; I would like it to be a full KD. Otherwise, get rid of it completely.