The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Bug] Eclipse hinders any other action

Tabi
Tabi
Cast eclipse on a caster and have fun being able to do nothing whilst said caster attempts to cast. /salt

Eclipse is broken.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is indeed!
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Posting because this thread has been shoved back to the second page, and I want this addressed.

I used this yesterday and not only is there a GCD-like moment where you can't do anything, it's also random. Sometimes I could cast Eclipse and it was fine, no problems at all continuing to fight and cast other spells. Sometimes, it was a short 0.5 second gap, which is completely unacceptable, but not as bad as it gets. Because then there were the times where it was close to 2 seconds of standing there, trying to avoid attacks. The only saving grace I had was already having my shield up, blocking, for mitigation.

Please, in the name of Focused Charge, fix this.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Tabi
    Tabi
    Yea, raise awareness or whatever! Zos, this is a legit bug, and I want it fixed.
  • Tabi
    Tabi
    I'm keeping this on frontpage until it is fixed by the way.
  • Tabi
    Tabi
    Staying vigilant.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the eclipse, but I am using total dark (morph) regularly and with no problem after total dark was cast or when guy under total dark is trying to cast. This is really great morph to kill WBs mages/sorcerers. And it works for me all the time.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Tabi
    Tabi
    Maybe the morph isn't affected by the bug then, might just have to slot it so that I can morph away from it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had tested it on both morphs and got the same results. I think it has to do with mages channeling or something. North end of rift, there are mages that cause it every time. Can't remember what they were called but I posted it in another thread on this issue.

• likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    This is the other thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/157547/bug-templar-eclipse-and-morphs-disables-any-action

Maybe if this issue stays at the top of both General and Skills forums, we might get something from the devs?

It's not just The Rift either. I was having some trouble with a couple high damage mages in Upper Craglorn, so I figured Eclipse might help. After watching two of them pretty much kill themselves despite having 85k health, I thought I'd found a new permanent ability for my bar. But for some reason, the skill lock-out didn't happen that time, and it seems to be random, somehow. Maybe it has to do with the actual type of spell the enemy is using, I don't know for sure. However, every single time since then that I've cast it, my skills have been locked.

Eclipse has since been retired. It was a short run...
    Edited by likewow777 on March 30, 2015 9:30PM
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    Like every other Templar issue - this will be regarded, lied about, then ignored.

/thread
    #nerfkeyboards