The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vunter wrote: »
    Sun fire and morphs are incredibly slow to cast too.

Already added to the main post. Also FRONT PAGE.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow these issues have been ignored another week...
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rhakon wrote: »
    Tomorrow these issues have been ignored another week...

Tomorrow we'll probably find something else borked after update.
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should give some of the skills their old effect back.
    The 80% regen you get with Restoring Aura would be one of such effects.

The Main skill (Restoring Aura) and Repentance could stay how they are now, while Radiant Aura (The more useless morph) would get the old effect back as a passive (not the active).

Rank 1: Gives 20% Health and Stamina Regen passively. Gives Major Fortitude and Major Endurance when activated.
    Rank 2: Gives 35% Health and Stamina Regen passively. Gives Major Fortitude and Major Endurance when activated.
    Rank 3: Gives 60% Health and Stamina Regen passively. Gives Major Fortitude and Major Endurance when activated.
    Rank 4: Gives 75% Health and Stamina Regen passively. Gives Major Fortitude and Major Endurance when activated.

This would only be beneficial for the Templar, and keep 1 skill slot occupied.
    The Passive effect could also be "while in combat", to maybe balance it out a bit more.
    (I stopped at 75% as the old effect was 15% passively and 80% active. Now we get 20% active, which would make 75% passive the number to use if you wanted to get back to the old value).
    They can keep their magicka regen.

For healing Ritual they should they should just cut the values of everything by 50%.
    50% of the healing, 50% of the cost and 50% of the casting time.
    The total effect wouldn't change, as well as the Healing per second... but the skill would be useful.

(Also... 6 pages already. :| )
    Edited by Fizzlewizzle on April 6, 2015 1:02PM
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice to see ZOS acknowledgement. Reminds me of the good old days of post launch forums where bugs and feedback would not get acknowledged AT ALL.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Patch Notes v2.0.4

Templar

Dawns Wrath
    Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was getting the full 40% damag bonus, regardless of caster’s magicka value.
    it seems Zos listen to all nerf screamers first. (Other classes) we get no attention again.

Idk when they realise that the Templar have serius problems.

The other classes skills feels so fluid and direct.
    Comparable skills and buffs to other classes and weapons are weaker/shorter in the templars skills..
    The animations are all too long, the projectiles are to slow combined with castime or channeling.
    In PvP Templars are the most predictable class. We are forced to heal to be strong.
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm... still no changes... frustrating
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch Notes v2.0.4

Templar

Dawns Wrath
    Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was getting the full 40% damage bonus, regardless of caster’s magicka value.
    it seems Zos listen to all nerf screamers first. (Other classes) we get no attention again.

Idk when they realise that the Templar have serius problems.

The other classes skills feels so fluid and direct.
    Comparable skills and buffs to other classes and weapons are weaker/shorter in the templars skills..
    The animations are all too long, the projectiles are to slow combined with castime or channeling.
    In PvP Templars are the most predictable class. We are forced to heal to be strong.
    I have noticed myself.
    The second i choose to attack is the second i choose to die. It often takes longer for someone to break CC then it takes for a Templar to initiate (or land) a second attack.

If there are problems with skills being more powerful than they are supposed to be, then you won't hear me complain that it needs fixing. The fact that half the skills are broken/ don't work very well but their only focus is the one skill that (is also broken but) gives us a bit of an advantage in a fight... if you can call a 3 second execute channel at the beginning of a fight an advantage... then you have to know that all hope is lost.

Fixing bugs (what a lot of our skills might have) can be hard... idk myself, as i am not a programmer, but ill just assume that. Having a lot of skills that do not have bugs, but are just plain stupid in their use or function should hardly take a minute to fix.

Look at the code of a skill. Increase a number, Decrease a number, remove a line of code which gives the skill a knockback and/ or CC immunity, or make a skill not count as a hard CC but as a soft CC. I doubt you have to look through pages of text to find such a mistake. You got enough skills with are coded to allow that skill to do such effects. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V those codes and you can FIXED a skill.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch Notes v2.0.4

Templar

Dawns Wrath
    Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was getting the full 40% damag bonus, regardless of caster’s magicka value.

wow, this is REALLY disappointing (not the nerf, the lack of fixes)
    Why is htere a Z statement in almost every thread but still not in this one?
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, we'll go through this thread later today to compile your reports and see if these issues are being investigated or not.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we'll go through this thread later today to compile your reports and see if these issues are being investigated or not.

:):):):):)
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! Video has been posted as well showing two of the bugs. x
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While we are at it can you look at the cleanse morph to purge? It is not providing the extra magicka regeneration you are supposed to get through the passive magicka aid. It works fine for unmorphed purge and efficient purge morph. This has been in game since PTS and I have continuously reported it since PTS..... Hopefully someone looks at this.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Thank you for checking into the status of these issues.

Suggest simulating the latency of customers when debugging these issues. Solutions range from using a latency-limiting virtual machine to a network bridge emulator. The LAN has trouble duplicating these issues under 2ms latency. Cheap solution:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/03/24/facebook_network_simulator/
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭

what? how can they not be investigating it already? O_o
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

While we are at it can you look at the cleanse morph to purge? It is not providing the extra magicka regeneration you are supposed to get through the passive magicka aid. It works fine for unmorphed purge and efficient purge morph. This has been in game since PTS and I have continuously reported it since PTS..... Hopefully someone looks at this.
    Good catch, sensing your frustration as this isn't Templar related but broken for a long time / ignored.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anoteros wrote: »

Asking such things is rude, though i do get why you ask it.

Atm i'm very happy that something has been said, and we will notice in time what those investigations will bring us.
    A lot has been written here, so it might take some time to compile all problems and check it all, but at least there has been some movement we now know off.

Lets hope on a quick follow-up (or some nice Patch-notes in an upcoming update).
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

You can definitely ask Eric about the GCD on the Charge. He certainly knows about it, since he described it as a bug on ESO Live.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭

I think what they're saying is that they will check the whole thread and see which of the issues are currently being investigated and which ones may not be. It is a good thing.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Tomg999 wrote: »

I think what they're saying is that they will check the whole thread and see which of the issues are currently being investigated and which ones may not be. It is a good thing.

Yes, that's what I meant. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

To add to this, I never seen cleanse actually heal anymore either like it says it does. Have you noticed this @Huntler? Constantly removing fire DoTs and people remain at the same health with no heals even though it states heals player for 18% max health. @ZOS_GinaBruno Please check this out.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To add to this, I never seen cleanse actually heal anymore either like it says it does. Have you noticed this @Huntler? Constantly removing fire DoTs and people remain at the same health with no heals even though it states heals player for 18% max health. @ZOS_GinaBruno Please check this out.

I does heal for me, any chance you might have an out of date addon?
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    Tomg999 wrote: »

Yes, that's what I meant. :)

Thank you for responding. See? Wasn't so hard now was it?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, next week's update is whole bunch of fixes and overhaul for entire class. We got it yay!!

Dreaming is for free :p

@ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for response
    Edited by Soris on April 6, 2015 7:57PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

I have a few, I can try updating all of them later today. I use to use a raid frame addon, but it stopped working in 1.4/1.5 so I removed it a long time ago, I use the standard in game group frames. Been trying to find a nice raid/group frame addon, but seems to just find a lot of bugged addons.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HOLY BEAM!!! It worked? What am I gonna *** about now?

"You can not get benefit from Focused Healing passive if you rapidly cast Purifying Ritual + Breath of Life.
    You have to wait until the first HOT tick to get that passive work which is 2 seconds." added to OP
    Edited by AriBoh on April 6, 2015 8:36PM
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few, I can try updating all of them later today. I use to use a raid frame addon, but it stopped working in 1.4/1.5 so I removed it a long time ago, I use the standard in game group frames. Been trying to find a nice raid/group frame addon, but seems to just find a lot of bugged addons.

Just running the current FTC and normal group frames and I confirmed it works. I'm getting cleanse heals so maybe start there?