The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should translate this into German and French, try our luck on their forums.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just posted a request for a followup in the "Ask us Anything" part of the ESO live thread.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1696223/#Comment_1696223
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just posted a request for a followup in the "Ask us Anything" part of the ESO live thread.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1696223/#Comment_1696223

They having eso live today?
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

They having eso live today?

Not sure, I haven't seen a recent post about it. Just wanted to make sure that the toppling charge question was in the queue regardless.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wont be a live till next week IIRC.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a frustrated Templar, I cannot help but think we'd get more productive feedback - let alone any feedback - if we were less melodramatic and more specific about what is wrong with the class. To say the class sucks and half of its abilities are worthless is just not accurate and if I was ZoS, I wouldn't take such feedback seriously either. I mean Rune Focus use to be pointlessly bad, but it actually is useful right now as a cheap magica regen battery that also gives solid defense. A bit situational, but a healer who stands in one spot would very much benefit from this spell. So, not all useless and not all bad.

What needs attention:
    • Toppling charge. Unacceptable it has a cooldown. Fix it. If you can't, delete the coding entirely and just copy & paste any of other charge.
    • Breath of life heal delay. Unacceptable.
    • Eclipse. Having a skill that does NOTHING if an opponent has CC immunity or is even blocking is terrible design. AFAIK, no other skill in the game ever does NOTHING.
    • Biting Jabs grants CC immunity for a much smaller CC effect than everything in the game. Inconsistent and terrible design.
    • Eclipse grants CC immunity without CCing the opponent. Apparently a theme Templars are just lucky to have.
    • Solar Barrage has a global cooldown. Another theme Templars alone enjoy.
    • Healing ritual cast time and small radius mean Templars will always use Healing Springs instead.
    • Radiant Aura is redundant as it gives the same buff as one of the 1000 panacea of stamina potions in my inventory does.
    • The new animation for Rite of Passage is just bad compared to the aesthetics before. OK maybe this is just a stylistic choice, but I dislike healing done every second as opposed to every half second and until the skill heals a whole raid, it won;t be used in many trials.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 3, 2015 6:21PM
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    I think people should repost these words over and over until the devs actually respond:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :

Respond to this thread!

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a frustrated Templar, I cannot help but think we'd get more productive feedback - let alone any feedback - if we were less melodramatic and more specific about what is wrong with the class. To say the class sucks and half of its abilities are worthless is just not accurate and if I was ZoS, I wouldn't take such feedback seriously either. I mean Rune Focus use to be pointlessly bad, but it actually is useful right now as a cheap magica regen battery that also gives solid defense. A bit situational, but a healer who stands in one spot would very much benefit from this spell. So, not all useless and not all bad.

What needs attention:
    • Toppling charge. Unacceptable it has a cooldown. Fix it. If you can't, delete the coding entirely and just copy & paste any of other charge.
    • Breath of life heal delay. Unacceptable.
    • Eclipse. Having a skill that does NOTHING if an opponent has CC immunity or is even blocking is terrible design. AFAIK, no other skill in the game ever does NOTHING.
    • Biting Jabs grants CC immunity for a much smaller CC effect than everything in the game. Inconsistent and terrible design.
    • Eclipse grants CC immunity without CCing the opponent. Apparently a theme Templars are just lucky to have.
    • Solar Barrage has a global cooldown. Another theme Templars alone enjoy.
    • Healing ritual cast time and small radius mean Templars will always use Healing Springs instead.
    • Radiant Aura is redundant as it gives the same buff as one of the 1000 panacea of stamina potions in my inventory does.
    • The new animation for Rite of Passage is just bad compared to the aesthetics before. OK maybe this is just a stylistic choice, but I dislike healing done every second as opposed to every half second and until the skill heals a whole raid, it won;t be used in many trials.

I agree with being more specific and respectable. You missed the major bugs though and just went into the poor design.

That said; I am really loving my templar right now. Magicka-melee and healer at that. But I had to get rid of explosive charge and eclipse. I tolerate the biting jabs CC even if it is like free CC. Usually I have them already on immune anyway.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the same thread for a sorcerer, cuss *** there are so many useless abilities that in theory sound great, but in actuality never make it onto your skill bar.. Whereas after playing a dragonknight I can hardly make up my mind since I want to use pretty much all the abilities..
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We are weak as hell now, I've even had to resort to soul assault and playing ranged. This is not my playstyle and i hate it.

This class is beyond broken, And its the same as all other games they dont know what the hell to do with a templar because we can heal, All classes can regain health magicka stamina in some way.

We have no DPS
    Our heals don't even go on the people we want them to
    Survivability costs too much, ala blazing shield nerf and if we go more magicka and reductions we aint got enough stamina
    Half our skills are broken
    Most our skills have some cooldown/cast time/channel
    Our class shield is nerfed beyond recognition, there's not much point in even slotting blazing anymore
    Biting jabs gives free cc immunity

I really dont know why we had blazing shield nerfed into oblivion theres nearly no point in using it, It doesnt even hurt no more, 25k health = 7k shield = 3.7k damage on rough estimates, 3.7k while it costs a ton and it takes too long to cast, come on what is this, i remember the big fuss when everyone saying stacking health and blazing shield be awesome, 50k health is 7.5k damage :neutral:

I'm struggling to think how ZoS wants us to play or what the idea for us is, I used to just bomb in to groups but this is not even worth it anymore.

1.6 is the most *** thing you could of done, You spend 11 months working on balance and i was very happy with balance, DK's had easymode time but to nerf reflective scales and that'd be perfect balance between classes.

I couldn’t have said it any better. You just described my feelings exactly. I've resorted to just playing straight up healer templar and it's boring as crap for me. Not my favorite play style at all.

My husband is playing his as a stamina high weapon damage build and he is very close to quitting because he is hitting like a wet noodle in PvP. There's something definitely wrong with templars right now. We aren't able to put out the damage like the other classes even when stacking stamina and weapon power. We've tried different sets and different abilities and it's all just jacked.
    That’s the reason I switched to a magicka/healing build, but it's all just so blah right now. :neutral:

Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Bumpity bump bump
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a frustrated Templar, I cannot help but think we'd get more productive feedback - let alone any feedback - if we were less melodramatic and more specific about what is wrong with the class.

Its all very well to say be respectful and constructive, but its a two way street. It would not take someone 2 minutes to type "Hey guys thanks for the lists of problems and bugs. We are aware of these bugs and they are being investigated as well as skills being continually assessed in our ongoing balance of the game." That's all we are really asking for not to have these things fixed in a hotfix patch in the next hour.

But as of right now only one of the bugs have been addressed in ESO live and one patch note, while others have never even been acknowledged.
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »
    Whoops, got so caught up with the trolls that I forgot to post the daily:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :

Respond to this thread!

Time for my daily to your daily
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

I was wondering about that as I wanted to couple it with jabs for a burst And it didn't seem to do much.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    glak wrote: »

I was wondering about that as I wanted to couple it with jabs for a burst And it didn't seem to do much.

As said before in this thread, BoL has longer animation time before applying the heals. That constitutes a longer cast time and thus anpther stealth nerf.

Backlash and BoL makes me wonder what ZOS didn't break or nerf on the Templar in 1.6/2.0.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping it for first page
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Kroueneth
    Kroueneth
    If all of this is indeed true (I don't play a Templar, but it seems pretty clear that a lot of folks see these flaws), then I'd like to offer a bump. Hopefully this gets noticed, and something can be fixed here!
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad templar face.
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Save the Templaaaars !
  • Earthwardzilvox_ESO
    I love how this is one of the threads Z is refusing to respond to.
    Bright light casts a long shadow
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you templars would have better luck praying to your jesus beams and asking forgiveness for nirn weapons... then and only then may you be forgiven and set free to use the rest of your skills... i feel for you all though.

DK SCRUB OUT
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you and a response you got to say stuff like *** and *** gobbler.
    The response will not be the one you want, but hey Acme is making a killing selling ZOS cases upon cases of canned responses.

canned-responses-840x420.jpg?35dc20
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    I love how this is one of the threads Z is refusing to respond to.
    They know these skills are broken, have as much data on the issues as could possibly be gathered from bug reports, but have no clue on the causes. For all we know, Templar GCD's could have effects on server throughput.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no responce. Really.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure whether it qualifies as bugged or just a terribly designed ability, but I would add Solar Barrage to this list. Solar Barrage(AoE) grants empower, but empower does not apply to AoEs.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure whether it qualifies as bugged or just a terribly designed ability, but I would add Solar Barrage to this list. Solar Barrage(AoE) grants empower, but empower does not apply to AoEs.
    Steel Tornado?
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solar Barrage's cooldown and not buffing AOE added to the OP.
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    Sun fire and morphs are incredibly slow to cast too.
    Edited by Vunter on April 5, 2015 9:41AM
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention a lot of our skills are dots.
    Yeah, I can hit you for 3500, but it's over ten seconds.

Other classes, hit immediately for more.
    If they switched our dots to regular damage, we would be on par with everyone else.
    Then to even it up, make our heals a little more even with others.

Or, just say you want us to be nothing but heals and give us some decent sustain so we can afford to heal others without a pocket tank near us at all times.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on April 5, 2015 10:13AM