The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep em coming. If sorcs can moan an answer out of them so can we.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • TazerReloaded
    Happens quite often to me, I charge into a group of mobs and can do NOTHING but run for 20+ seconds, changed to Shield Charge because of this. Fix this very obvious bug at least.
    Edited by TazerReloaded on March 31, 2015 8:22PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, this has gone on long enough.
    Fix Templar skills please.
  • Fordd
    Fordd
    ✭✭✭
    Good Post. ZOS please fix.
    Fordd / Ford Trucks
    VR14 Templar (AD)
    VR14 DK (AD)

Decibel Heals
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Don't forget if you use toppling charge, about ~30-50% of the time you get stuck in the animation for like 20 seconds.... you know, a little gambling in using it to make the ability more interesting ;)

Does anyone know how to get a painting "commissioned" from those artsy little PvE people that are constantly getting their artwork displayed on ESO live?

Because I would like to get this commissioned with the title "Bugged Templar Charge." It has great artwork potential. Look at how my character poses majestically while wielding my Aedric Spear of destruction which is about as deadly as a glowing foam yellow pool noodle at this point. My enemies surround me and hack away but I just keep on chargin.

ZTcyuHn.png
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on March 31, 2015 8:31PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Don't forget if you use toppling charge, about ~30-50% of the time you get stuck in the animation for like 20 seconds.... you know, a little gambling in using it to make the ability more interesting ;)

Does anyone know how to get a painting "commissioned" from those artsy little PvE people that are constantly getting their artwork displayed on ESO live?

Because I would like to get this commissioned with the title "Bugged Templar Charge." It has great artwork potential. Look at how my character poses majestically while wielding my Aedric Spear of destruction which is about as deadly as a glowing foam yellow pool noodle at this point. My enemies surround me and hack away but I just keep on chargin.

ZTcyuHn.png

LOL Yeah; where is it that we can submit fan creations? Be even better if someone could animate GIF the legs chopping away.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NVM found it.
    Edited by AriBoh on March 31, 2015 8:44PM
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am working on uploading a clip now of Eclipse - Unmorphed bugging where you can clearly see my button presses. Will morph it and do another one if neccessary.

EDIT: I plan to also go do some charges and try to capture the animation getting stuck. Just so long as we have a collection of this stuff.
    Edited by technohic on March 31, 2015 9:54PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep em coming. If sorcs can moan an answer out of them so can we.

Won't work unless there is at least 8 Templar threads on page 1 at all times of the day just like Sorcs did it.
    Edited by timidobserver on March 31, 2015 9:54PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1. I've had enough of these being ignored as well.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have started a thread on the Eclipse bug as well, not realizing how well documented it already had been for literally months. ZOS refuses to acknowledge the problem in that thread either.

I really don't know what the Templar class did to the devs but it must have been something rather nasty, as Cadwell would say.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have started a thread on the Eclipse bug as well, not realizing how well documented it already had been for literally months. ZOS refuses to acknowledge the problem in that thread either.

I really don't know what the Templar class did to the devs but it must have been something rather nasty, as Cadwell would say.

There's a simple answer for that; Templars are generally a melee class (other than healers), and the devs have favored caster classes since beta. That will never change.

• likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    asteldian wrote: »
    I discovered the eclipse bug the hard way - vet dsa. It really needs fixing and the damn cc from jabs needs to go

Ouch....

I found it out in Skyreach, so not as bad, but I cast it on multiple enemies, which seems to make it worse. I was "impotent" for more than the 2 seconds that have been reported.

EDIT: Posted mainly to push this back to the top. RESPOND TO THIS THREAD, ZOS
    Edited by likewow777 on March 31, 2015 10:48PM
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well here is video of the Eclipse bug when its done processing here shortly.

youtu.be/gCOlIW1jj_E
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the Charge stuck in animation

youtu.be/xGoDYBDeVsY
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

youtu.be/gCOlIW1jj_E

youtu.be/xGoDYBDeVsY

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom LOOK! LOOK AT THE THING! LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!!

khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

youtu.be/gCOlIW1jj_E

youtu.be/xGoDYBDeVsY

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom LOOK! LOOK AT THE THING! LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!!

I"M NOT AN ANIMAL! I AM A HUMAN BEING! (who just wants his abilities fixed)
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you hate Templars, Z? How may we serve?
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭

youtu.be/gCOlIW1jj_E

youtu.be/xGoDYBDeVsY

I simply love how in both videos, you've got the addon screaming at you, "Execute Now!" and "Block Now!", and you just have to stand there and say, "I want to, so badly, but I just can't... :'( "
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I would even spend crowns to have my Templar's abilities fixed.
    Maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas...
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    100 crowns for 1h reduced GCD.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to add staves bugged ignored to this list. As a templar healer, and caster with staves for DPS this is all around not pleasant to deal with, let alone have your whole skill bar go out on top of the dang staff bugging. Pitiful.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »

youtu.be/gCOlIW1jj_E

youtu.be/xGoDYBDeVsY

I simply love how in both videos, you've got the addon screaming at you, "Execute Now!" and "Block Now!", and you just have to stand there and say, "I want to, so badly, but I just can't... :'( "

Heh The only good thing is that while I was stuck in charge, my dodge was working.
  • gotgk
    gotgk
    ✭✭
    These are all legit.
    I know mods don't like bumps, so here's a story.

launch -5 player, beta guy, have tolerated all of the horror. I only quit once, and it was when they broke templar jabs altogether in an effort to...combat bots at the cost of ruining everyone's Templar experience?

These accumulated failures are approaching that level again.

The fact that the Templar can be used effectively doesn't mean that all of these bugged abilities shouldn't be

SEV1_ElevatedTicket

status.

The first step on the road to recovery, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is admitting you have a problem.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZoS may have been playing to much Assassins Creed and have developed an irrational hatred for 'Templars'
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great post. needs more attention.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others