The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar's Focused Charge STILL has Global Cool Down?

david.haypreub18_ESO
david.haypreub18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
With dismay, I read this on the 1.6.5 patch notes:

•Focused Charge
•Slightly reduced the post-global cooldown for this ability, making it feel more responsive.

Please guys, we've been over this, and it is approaching a year now that the Templar charge has been broken, imposing more of a stun on the user than on the target. I a recent ESO live episode, one ZOS representative finally admitted that this is a bug... we all assumed it would be fixed in 1.6.5. It doesn't look like it is fixed. Can anyone confirm how it works (I'm at work right now, so can't test myself).
Templars are 'just slower... by design'
Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
VR 16 Sorcerer
38 Nightblade
24 DK
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly reduced... Wha?! Why does it... Why... Even... Cooldown.. What... uh...
    #ZOSLogic

No reason for it to even have a global cooldown, no ability should.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wording in 1.6.5 is exactly the same as the wording in one of the other 1.6 patches (I think just 1.6.0), before the guy came on ESO live and proclaimed it a bug that would be fixed.

Why am I surprised it is not fixed?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get an official word on this: because they guy on ESO live definitely said it was a bug. The patch notes, however, seem to suggest it is not a bug.
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I remember that they put in the global cooldown on that ability to combat bots that were abusing it.
    Why after the departure of bots it still has any kind of global cooldown, I have no idea. Maybe it is one of
    those things they just can't manage to fix, maybe the code is too uncooperative, I don't know. It's an ability
    that is simply useless in pvp, and only useful in pve to close distance with if you're too lazy to walk.
    Edited by Zsymon on March 3, 2015 10:53PM
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    I think I remember that they put in the global cooldown on that ability to combat bots that were abusing it.
    Why after the departure of bots it still has any kind of global cooldown, I have no idea. Maybe it is one of
    those bugs they just can't manage to fix, maybe the code is too uncooperative, I don't know. It's an ability
    that is simply useless in pvp, and only useful in pve to close distance with if you're too lazy to walk.
    I have never seen a bot using focused charge... they used puncturing strikes.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    Hrm... I remember this being directly addressed to the combat lead during ESO Live and he said it was a bug and would be removed. Said pretty much the same thing about the Jabs/Strikes CC..
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    those bugs they just can't manage to fix, maybe the code is too uncooperative, I don't know. It's an ability

Yes, they did put a stealth nerf on Charge during 1.2 update. If you around for early release and the first couple month, bots used both ALL THE TIME. Charge to Strikes was the bot combo.

Not surprised that this didn't get fixed. Typical
    #nerfkeyboards
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get an official word on this: because they guy on ESO live definitely said it was a bug. The patch notes, however, seem to suggest it is not a bug.

@ZOS_GinaBruno - You asked the question, and we all heard the same answer
    #nerfkeyboards
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm... I remember this being directly addressed to the combat lead during ESO Live and he said it was a bug and would be removed. Said pretty much the same thing about the Jabs/Strikes CC..
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

Yes, they did put a stealth nerf on Charge during 1.2 update. If you around for early release and the first couple month, bots used both ALL THE TIME. Charge to Strikes was the bot combo.

Not surprised that this didn't get fixed. Typical
    They did put a stealth nerf on Puncturing Strikes, not on the charge.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on March 3, 2015 11:44PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skill is still useless. Don't waste a skill point in it.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Slightly reduced... Wha?! Why does it... Why... Even... Cooldown.. What... uh...
    #ZOSLogic

No reason for it to even have a global cooldown, no ability should.
    And they hand out a 2H weapon at the beginning of the game, which gets a charge sooner than Templar.
    #ZOSLogic
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, did someone test it or just read the patch notes? Is it for sure still have the long pause?
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not tested it; just reading the patch notes. Not sure if this is just an issue with patch notes or if it is actually not working.
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't afford the point at the moment. Been redoing so much I am broke. lol
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So, did someone test it or just read the patch notes? Is it for sure still have the long pause?

I've tested it. It works pretty much like what the patch notes describe. There is still a cool-down, but it's less. If you're lazy with your skill rotations, it doesn't feel like there's a cool-down at all.

BUT, and it's a full bellowing "but", anyone who actually wants to use this thing in a real fight will quickly start yelling at their computer. No matter how much they've reduced the cool-down, eventually you'll hit it and it sucks.

Here's a suggestion for you, ZOS: If you insist on using a cool-down, make it smaller than the fastest reaction time ever measured for a human being:

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/statistics
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the testing.

The sad part is, their lead combat designer, Eric Wrobel, said this was a bug just two weeks ago, and that it would be removed. I found this hard to believe at the time, since the patch notes they had just released said exactly what the current patch notes say now: that the GCD was only 'slightly reduced'.

So in the last few weeks, someone took a look at the skill, said 'we're not going to eliminate the GCD, we're just going to reduce it', at the very time when the lead combat designer Eric was saying that ANY GCD for the skill is a bug.

Can we PLEASE get clarification on this issue from ZoS?
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Dazmilan09
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please help us with some info as to why the GCD even still exists on this ability. You guys just spend Hundreds if not more man hours trying to make combat for templars (and all other classes) more smooth. Why are we experiencing (as templars) GCD on a Focused CHarge and it's morphs, as well as Breath of Life and Combat Prayer seem slower too. Whats going on?! Please hot fix this or at least let us know what is going on.
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    They won't answer. Answering would prove one of 2 things:

1. Eric was full of it - it is intentional, and ZOS just hates Templars
    2. Eric was right, but no one at ZOS cares because they hate Templars

either way, Templars are hated, and we will continue to be water downed, stripped, tarred and feathered until the class is played only by PvE healers. At which point, ZOS will buff the other 3 classes with healing capabilities and the Templar class will be completely deleted.

Considering that the GCD on Charge stayed in the update, and that @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are too busy consoling the l2p nubbs that are QQ'ing about our new (NOT OP) skill, you can bet that Templars will see more nerfs before they see any "fix" much less a buff.

Here's the BS thread for Radiant OP QQ'ing which has already got 4 dev responses and pretty much turned into a *** until Gina claimed bug...

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154664/radiant-destruction-seriously

So ya, now theres also a bug in our new skill making everyone clammer up and call for a nerf...

geezus ZOS
    #nerfkeyboards
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont feel too bad, Invasion STILL OVERRUNS your target so you have to turn around to retarget, loosing the value of the stun.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Dont feel too bad, Invasion STILL OVERRUNS your target so you have to turn around to retarget, loosing the value of the stun.

I'd rather overun my target than be unable to do anything after using the skill. I'd gladly inherit that Invasion bug if it means getting rid of the cooldown.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭

I'd rather overun my target than be unable to do anything after using the skill. I'd gladly inherit that Invasion bug if it means getting rid of the cooldown.

Exactly. Because when Invasion does over run, I can react with a Blazing Shield, for Templar, or put up some Razor Armor, for DK, or Boundless Storm, for Sorcerer. Then fix my position and unleash hell. (Don't have enough experience with NBs to comment.)

The point is, I can do all that because there's no cool down. Charging in with Focused Charge freezes you.
    Edited by likewow777 on March 5, 2015 10:08AM
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭

I kinda like this because you throw your opponent off with it and if you are chasing a Streak'ing Sorc, you get that extra little distance to initiate an attack on them.
    likewow777 wrote: »

Exactly. Because when Invasion does over run, I can react with a Blazing Shield, for Templar, or put up some Razor Armor, for DK, or Boundless Storm, for Sorcerer. Then fix my position and unleash hell. (Don't have enough experience with NBs to comment.)

The point is, I can do all that because there's no cool down. Charging in with Focused Charge freezes you.

This is the basic issue. No GCD on any other charges other then the Templar. Eric Wrobel admitted (finally) that it was a bug and will be removed for Update 6. Guess what? Didn't happen... and still no green response for this thread.

Typical.
    #nerfkeyboards
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More blatant lies and half truths. If this were a sorc problem it would be all over the forums getting whined about. If it was a DK problem it would have been fixed in a week. We can count our blessings we aren't NBs and were told its working as intended.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom we would like an answer on this please.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    We can count our blessings we aren't NBs and were told its working as intended.

I dunno...being told it's been bugged for half a year, then told they are gonna fix it, then never getting a fix, and finally having our posts ignored by the devs is almost worse :neutral:
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar charge broken for a year? Complete silence.

Radiant Oppression doing more damage than intended? Already recognized as a bug and expecting hotfix momentarily.
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    If it was a DK problem it would have been fixed in a week.
    then it would have been hotfixed.
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, no surprise - no dev response.

Nothing new to see here guiz

/thread
    #nerfkeyboards
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get a response please?
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am betting the following: the Radiant Destruction 'bug' that has it doing more damage will be fixed in the maintenance window tomorrow, while absolutely nothing will be done about the Focused Charge bug.

Anyone willing to take my bet? I'll give 10 to 1 odds.
    Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on March 8, 2015 6:23PM
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    a bug that becomes a feature is taken for granted and does not lend itself to easy removal.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am betting the following: the Radiant Destruction 'bug' that has it doing more damage will be fixed in the maintenance window tomorrow, while absolutely nothing will be done about the Focused Charge bug.

Anyone willing to take my bet? I'll give 10 to 1 odds.

Called it!
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK