The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jnjdun_ESO wrote: »
    Added to the OP - The travel speed of the projectiles from Sun Fire and Solar Flare are far to slow there's no reason that they need to be half the speed of other casted projectile spells like Crystal Fragments.

Everything we do is slower than ****.

Even the animation for blazing shield takes way longer than, say, the defensive shield in the one hand line, harness magicka, hardened ward, etc...

I don’t get it. After playing my sorc alt for a while and then getting back on the old templar everything just feels sluggish. Even our instant cast abilities don't feel instant.

^ Hundred times of this.

And,
    There is half a second delay on most skills. Breath of Life and Reflective Light are the most annoying ones. Reflective Light can't be clipped effectively with light attacks like the way you use Venom Arrow+Light Attack+Venom Arrow because of this delay on cast and animation.

You can not get benefit from Focused Healing passive if you rapidly cast Purifying Ritual + Block + Breath of Life. You have to wait until the first HOT tick to get that passive work which is 2 seconds. It has been reported for months.

Beam consumes magicka without even activating the spell if you cast it on out of range targets.

Whole class is joke atm with tons of bugs, delays, channels, cast times and lastly nerfs. Someone give a *** response already!
    Edited by Soris on April 2, 2015 7:07AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154551/templars-focused-charge-still-has-global-cool-down#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161035/bug-eclipse-hinders-any-other-action#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/140130/zos-why-has-this-been-ignored-templar-focused-toppling-charge#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1587327#Comment_1587327

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161009/another-awesome-lock-out-all-your-skills-bug-for-templars#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/160603/why-is-eclipse-reflects-triggering-a-global-cooldown-on-templars#latest

Focused charge. For months Templars magika gap closer has had a golbal cooldown associated wit the skill that will lock you out of any action for 1-2 seconds after each use. Effectively stunning you for the same duration as the morphs of the skill apply to the target. In an ESO live on 1.6 Eric Wrobel was asked if this would ever be removed and he said it was a bug and shouldn't be there at all. It has been there for 9 months. We are now in Patch 2.0.3. Its still there.

Puncturing Strikes. Anyone who fought a stamina temp on the PTS knows how strong its permastun lock was. ZoS solution was to make it give CC immunity.... A 4 second CC immunity to every target it hits regardless if they are hit by the 1 second knockback that it gives to only a single target. So the skill is counter productive to PVE as you give CC immunity to all the mobs, and in PVP you give your target a free CC immunity for minimal damage for anyone not stupid enough to just stand there (70% of the PVP population).

Eclipse. Since 1.6 this skill is flat out broken. Use it on a mob that could use a magic skill on you and your skill bar will not respond at all. You cannot use any skills just run around until the eclipse falls off. I have not tried this in PVP since 1.6 I die often enough, I would guess its broken there too. I'll also point out that in pvp this skill can just be broken out of, another skill handing out free CC immunities for near nothing.

So far ZoSs response to these issuse have been -

Focused charge - The comment saying it was a bug on ESO live. A single Comment by @ZOS_JessicaFolsom saying its cooldown would be reduced not removed. And a patch note saying there was a reduction, one no one I've talked to has noticed.

Puncturing Strikes - Ignored.

Eclipse - Ignored.

These are not small problems. They range from a skill being near useless to a skill being actually useless. And ZOS refuses to even acknowledge that there is a problem. In a few threads that I and others have been trying to keep on the front page of the Combat & Character Mechanics we have had no response since the single one mentioned above before 1.6. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom we are p'd off here and would like to know that our concerns are being investigated and worked on. The broken skills in a computer game may be trivial in the greater view but when we come home from work/school/whatever we would like to be able to relax and have fun with the game we have paid for and many continue to pay for without glaring bugs to critical parts of content and honest upfront information from the devs. Being ignored for months does not help.

Edit - Focused charge is also prone to getting stuck in the running animation for up to 20 seconds, a record for the longest CC in the game!

Edit2 - The travel speed of the projectiles from Sun Fire and Solar Flare are far to slow there's no reason that they need to be half the speed of other casted projectile spells like Crystal Fragments.

Please start fixing eclipse yes, bitting jabs and radiant destruction either morph...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added to the OP - The travel speed of the projectiles from Sun Fire and Solar Flare are far to slow there's no reason that they need to be half the speed of other casted projectile spells like Crystal Fragments.

Even the animation for blazing shield takes way longer than, say, the defensive shield in the one hand line, harness magicka, hardened ward, etc...

I don’t get it. After playing my sorc alt for a while and then getting back on the old templar everything just feels sluggish. Even our instant cast abilities don't feel instant.

Thats something I haven't even thought about but our abilities are slow. Even spear shards if you throw it at a target as far in front of you as possible while running toward it, it seems you are right on top of it by the time it lands.
  • Kallipsoe
    Kallipsoe
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Thats something I haven't even thought about but our abilities are slow. Even spear shards if you throw it at a target as far in front of you as possible while running toward it, it seems you are right on top of it by the time it lands.

Sometimes I believe the speed of the ability's is to trick Templars into thinking they have high DPS. Most of the "High" DPS rotations people show on their Templars typically start with "Dark Flair" and one or two other ability's after the dark flair is cast. Since the DPS counter does not start until the first hit, the Temp will have up to three ability's hit at the same time making him/her feel like they have high DPS from the numbers. But if the fight last more than three seconds or if they are not below 25% health you watch your DPS drop every second.

Overall the Templar has allot of great things going for them, but they are by far "in my opinion" the most broken class in the game.

Breath of Life and Purifying Ritual are the only good healing ability's they have. Repentance is a good support ability for the Stamina but can't be used as a dedicated heal. Spamming Healing Springs is way better than using Healing Ritual in any form. Rune Focus is just pointless, it gives you and you alone a 8 meter circle of protection that you will immediately have to vacate due to the red circle that forms at your feet. I don't know to many fights I can stand in one spot for very long and if I am standing in one spot its because I'm not being hit.

But I'm done with my rant. Fix whats broken with the Templar first.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FU ZOS!

Of course FU means Fix Us!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templars have been buffed more than any class in the last major updates. I find this entire thread comical.
    @pugyourself , guess the 8k non-ultimate Radiant Destruction skill isn't enough for them...

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have been buffed more than any class in the last major updates. I find this entire thread comical.
    @pugyourself , guess the 8k non-ultimate Radiant Destruction skill isn't enough for them...

8k over 3.6 seconds. NERF! ZOMG!
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes one skill makes a whole class, pack it up everyone we have a skill that does it maximum damage at 30% health we don't need working skills anymore, lets go home everyone.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    @Kallipsoe running through Rune Focus refreshes the resistance buffs for 8 seconds. So you run through it twice for a <20 second use of that one cast.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually my biggest gripe over anything, all of our abilities have GCDs, delays, or long animations compared to weapon lines and other classes. Its actually a huge disadvantage in PvP the amount of sluggishness our abilities have. Trying to rotate and react with certain abilities is extremely frustrating. Then when I use s/b weapon line and realize how fast all the actions are I'm dumbfounded.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes one skill makes a whole class, pack it up everyone we have a skill that does it maximum damage at 30% health we don't need working skills anymore, lets go home everyone.
    Funny, 'cause for as broken and helplless some are making Templars out to be, some seem to be playing them quite well.

@technohic , 3 second channel...and you're right, nothing OP about 330% damage increase for low health targets from a spammable skill. (That figure was based off my L15, not-enough-attributes-to-matter templar, too, btw.)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny, 'cause for as broken and helplless some are making Templars out to be, some seem to be playing them quite well.

@technohic , 3 second channel...and you're right, nothing OP about 330% damage increase for low health targets from a spammable skill. (That figure was based off my L15, not-enough-attributes-to-matter templar, too, btw.)

You died to a RD we get it. Nobody cares.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

This is actually my biggest gripe over anything, all of our abilities have GCDs, delays, or long animations compared to weapon lines and other classes. Its actually a huge disadvantage in PvP the amount of sluggishness our abilities have. Trying to rotate and react with certain abilities is extremely frustrating. Then when I use s/b weapon line and realize how fast all the actions are I'm dumbfounded.

That shield animation is a death sentence if you try to save yourself at the last second. So is BOL now it seems. Luckily there is healing ward and mutagen now to save my butt; but if I want to not run a resto...

Meanwhile; other classes complain that they cannot heal without a resto. Suppose its possible as a templar, but not nearly as great as it would seem.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Apparently you're having trouble playing the best healer, a very capable tank, and one of the best* DPS in the game.

Feeling's mutual. QQ

EDIT: Forgot a word*...OMG. I'll let you all get back to it.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 3, 2015 12:54PM

Earn it.

• AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently you're having trouble playing the best healer, a very capable tank, and one of the DPS in the game.

Feeling's mutual. QQ

Yet here you are.

@ZOS_GinaBruno you up yet? We could use a greenie.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 9, 2015 2:34PM
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭

Apparently you're having trouble playing the best healer, a very capable tank, and one of the DPS in the game.

Feeling's mutual. QQ
    The "Best healer" statement is based our 1 skill.
    Try healing your Raid party without using a Restoration staff. You... Cant.

READ all passive descriptions for Templars. NON of their passives contribute to any other form of healing besides Restoring Light tree. Their best healing skill is a resource devourer (which means you can't sustain it), and their other healing skill has a 2 second casting time.
    (This one they could fix by cutting everything by 50%. 50% of the casting time, 50% of the cost and 50% of the healing. Would make it a lot more useable.)

I agree they are very capable tanks, but so is every other class.
    You might want to browse the forums a bit... i have seen a very good video of a Nightblade tanking the Manticora (haven't seen one of a Templar yet, but i might have missed it).

I also love your statement about the DPS.
    "one of the DPS in the game".
    You can't even give them a number because you know it will negatively affect your statements.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In before some stamina templar DPS value gets put in from someone jabbing an NPC.
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    Never one to let a good post be forgotten....

There are two separate issues here:
    - Pretty terrible skills
    - Bugs

And they need to be separate. It's no use fixing something if the end result is a working skill that no one uses.

From day one devs, you have treated this class like the unwanted step child, paying lip service to the "must have something like a Templar" in the game.

Well currently your efforts are pretty poor, with players shifting away from the class more or less from the beginning. This not only dissatisfies sections of the community, it also reflects extremely poorly on you.

To have a number of unused and avoided skills is bad enough, but to ignore player feedback on broken abilities for months on end is a recipe for losing people from the game.

It would help, even a little, if you could just say what you think the templar should be doing. Is it a healing class - but you gave healing abilities to other classes. Is it a tank class - not uniquely, there are other classes more than capable of tanking. As for dps - well why would you roll a class with these issues just for dps, when there there's a whole range of others to choose from.

So, you have a class with broken skills, a class with bugged skills - and absolute silence about the timescale for doing something about the Templar.

You know, when you have one of your management reviews and someone asks again why you had to switch to btp - put this level of class support high up on the list.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you die on me man.
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭

Feeling's mutual. QQ
    The "Best healer" statement is based our 1 skill.
    Try healing your Raid party without using a Restoration staff. You... Cant.

READ all passive descriptions for Templars. NON of their passives contribute to any other form of healing besides Restoring Light tree. Their best healing skill is a resource devourer (which means you can't sustain it), and their other healing skill has a 2 second casting time.
    (This one they could fix by cutting everything by 50%. 50% of the casting time, 50% of the cost and 50% of the healing. Would make it a lot more useable.)

I agree they are very capable tanks, but so is every other class.
    You might want to browse the forums a bit... i have seen a very good video of a Nightblade tanking the Manticora (haven't seen one of a Templar yet, but i might have missed it).

I also love your statement about the DPS.
    "one of the DPS in the game".
    You can't even give them a number because you know it will negatively affect your statements.

Oh crap, I initially read that last statement as "one of the best DPS in the game". I just now realized he never said "best", just one of the DPS. Where's an LOL button when you need one?

I'm inclined to think that anyone who doesn't agree with this thread has never truly played a Templar. And I mean really played it, having unlocked every broken skill from each tree, and then subsequently torn their hair out from frustration. We who are good at playing the Templar class are only so because we have worked at finding workarounds to the failings of ZOS.

A single skill, Radiant Destruction, is not compensation for allowing so many skills to remain bugged, get worse over time, or be purposefully nerfed.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Whoops, got so caught up with the trolls that I forgot to post the daily:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :

Respond to this thread!
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    The moment I didn't use a heavy attack after using Toppling Charge, I stunned myself. Used Toppling Charge for many hours over a few play sessions before that without any problem.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs on extended radio silence.
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Devs on extended radio silence.

I predict they will stay silent, unfortunately. :(
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they will write:

Our devs are looking into it and be assured that they will get to the bottom of it and fix it just as soon as possible. We at Zenimax Online Studios acknowledge that you are a very important part of the ZOS family and your input is of great value. They will thank you for being a valued customer and that satisfaction of their services are top priority for all players. The company of Zenimax Online Studios prides it's self with the knowledge that many happy satisfied customers play ElderScrolls Online with few problems and any problems you do face are on your end and may be fixed by unplugging and then plugging back in your router. I've just had a lobotomy. The many people that work here at Zenimax Online Studios care about your experience in the game and would enjoy reading your feed back about the numerous occasions you may have had a happy fun time playing their product.

What we will read:

Blah blah fix blah soon blah important blah blah blah upcoming blah blah blah
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys we need to stay respectful, but it does seem now that we are being stubbornly ignored which is sad.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who needs abilities that actually work?

We still can use the weapon abilities, armor abilities, world abilities, ect!

I mean, look at the sheer rage for Wrecking blow, Just slot WB in all 5 slots for both bars and then templar abilities actually working becomes unimportant.

See? You dont need class abilities to work, because you have other ones you can slot instead!

- in before zero response yet again
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    FU ZOS!

Of course FU means Fix Us!

Lmao!

Have to bump this thread, to get ZOS attention.... Yes! FIX us! Plzzzzzz!......

He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are weak as hell now, I've even had to resort to soul assault and playing ranged. This is not my playstyle and i hate it.

This class is beyond broken, And its the same as all other games they dont know what the hell to do with a templar because we can heal, All classes can regain health magicka stamina in some way.

We have no DPS
    Our heals don't even go on the people we want them to
    Survivability costs too much, ala blazing shield nerf and if we go more magicka and reductions we aint got enough stamina
    Half our skills are broken
    Most our skills have some cooldown/cast time/channel
    Our class shield is nerfed beyond recognition, there's not much point in even slotting blazing anymore
    Biting jabs gives free cc immunity

I really dont know why we had blazing shield nerfed into oblivion theres nearly no point in using it, It doesnt even hurt no more, 25k health = 7k shield = 3.7k damage on rough estimates, 3.7k while it costs a ton and it takes too long to cast, come on what is this, i remember the big fuss when everyone saying stacking health and blazing shield be awesome, 50k health is 7.5k damage :neutral:

I'm struggling to think how ZoS wants us to play or what the idea for us is, I used to just bomb in to groups but this is not even worth it anymore.

1.6 is the most *** thing you could of done, You spend 11 months working on balance and i was very happy with balance, DK's had easymode time but to nerf reflective scales and that'd be perfect balance between classes.
    Edited by AbraXuSeXile on April 3, 2015 3:00PM
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ive started using /bug for every single time my skills get locked out. There's always something that could be improved with any skill or class but the skills that are causing glitches need to be addressed. Im really getting bored with running in circles for 2,3 even 4 secs waiting to be able to use skills again.
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.