The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZoS may have been playing to much Assassins Creed and have developed an irrational hatred for 'Templars'

They have definitely been taking lessons from UbiSoft. :wink:
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 1, 2015 10:40AM
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont even use the skill anymore because of it lol
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well; we can sit here and keep bumping these threads ZOS, or we can spend this time getting to work testing more things if you need it. Your choice. All we want is the bugs to be acknowledged and worked on.
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    I slotted Toppling Charge in PVP for the first time today.
    Within 10 mins I managed to stun/slow myself for more than 10 seconds more than 3 times.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, still no response at all, says a lot without saying anything. :/
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Still no attention for this real annoying Bugs...
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    bump cause Im avoiding spending the SPs on the bugged skills. I haven't encountered them cause I dont want to waste the SPs only to find they dont work right. I can say that I have been stuck without being able to do anything for a couple secs on more than one occasion where I just run and block till I can get my staff to shoot again then I know I can use skills again.
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the devs will actually respond to this thread or just close their eyes and try to pretend it doesn't exist like they do with most of the big problems in this game.

Please see: Loading screens, cyrodil lag, group bug, bar switching, broken resistances...

FYI, devs could do a lot to stop these negative comments just by communicating a little better.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing, burning light scales with your highest stat but its crit damage bonus does not.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Day 365*
    Still no devs in sight.
    I must remain hopeful, as it's all I have.
    The days grow frustrating, but I must stay focused.

I was dropped in less than 3 seconds today. Total Dark could've saved my life, had it worked.
    Respawned, it happened again.
    Respawned. Grouped with Sorcerors that I met at Chalman. All is well for now, and I will continue to leech xp from my companionship with the unbroken, OP class.
  • Hayuru
    Hayuru
    ✭✭
    Fix this ZOS
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep making threads like these - it's the only thing we can do. Ranged magicka templar... boring / ineffective but its all we got
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grimsfield wrote: »
    I wonder if the devs will actually respond to this thread or just close their eyes and try to pretend it doesn't exist like they do with most of the big problems in this game.
    Your comment instantly brought to mind a bunch of nerds with thick glasses, unkempt hair, and unwashed disheveled clothes; with Cheetos stains on their fingers and cans of Mountain Dew on their desks; with their fingers in their ears and their eyes closed, chanting "Ne ne ne ne ne ne ne, num num num num num num num.... It's not real. It's not real. It's not real." over and over again.

Sounds like a test team department I once fired...
    Edited by Lord_Kreegan on April 1, 2015 8:23PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of us aren't trying to be negative, would just like some acknowledgement from devs that they are aware of the problems and scheduling them to get fixed.

Most of us were amazed that they were unaware of the horse stop and go problem, till finally it was acknowledged and now are working on a fix.

I am happy with my Templar skills, just want them to work.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all of the dev responses to the april fools threads on the first page you know that they have seen this thread and are still remaining silent.

Maybe they are waiting on a response from Eric before saying anything. Does eric even have an @ name here?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    derpsticks wrote: »
    With all of the dev responses to the april fools threads on the first page you know that they have seen this thread and are still remaining silent.

Maybe they are waiting on a response from Eric before saying anything. Does eric even have an @ name here?

I couldn't find one.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me neither. Maybe he should get one.

Paging Eric Wrobel...

@ZOS_GinaBruno please help eric by giving him an @ name.
  • Erlex
    Erlex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea its kinda silly. I have dealt with the charge bug for so long that I literally have hour of footage recorded where the charge breaks and leaves me unable to act. I did find that using a potion will remove the "bug" and allow me to act after a charge. I wonder how much gold ZoS owes me for wasted Tri Pots just to fix their bugs...

Outside that, Biting Jabs and the other morphs should apply a snare to the closest target, not a .5 second stun. I believe that the CC break animation is actually longer than the stun it gives - its practically CC breaking FOR them in its current state.Every dmg skill int he game doesnt need a stun attached to it. No wonder people run around spamming the same abilities...Remove stun from wrecking blow, remove stun from crystal shard, remove stun from veiled strike, remove stun from biting jabs...Please?
    World First Hel Ra / AA clear
    Officer of Entropy Rising
    Defender of the Chalamo
    Beta tester since March 2013
    I stream everything twitch.tv/erlexx
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80 replies from mostly different people, 1.7k views this isn't a small thing please just say you know and are investigating if not even doing any actual fixes, jeez.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to keep posting and elongate the crap out of this thread. Surely, once we get 50 pages of material, 10k views, and 500 replies, we'll get a response.

Update: Used Eclipse on a mage in mob in Upper Craglorn, controls froze every time the mage casted, and I got my *** handed to me with a big L2P sticker attached.

But before I died, I saw that the mage had about half his health left. I mean, holy crap! Eclipse is such an amazing skill in every other way. I'm seriously considering just stacking damage shields and using it anyway. I don't want to have to do that, so please fix!

We aren't just complaining that we're not getting our way with these skills. They are actually broken and bugged, even by your own admission. It can't be too much to ask to fix the bugs.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you expect? [snip] This isn't centered around Templers, but all classes have the most laziest combat design changes a 4 year old could see problems occurring in.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_AlexD on April 2, 2015 1:14AM
  • Yoven
    Yoven
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. This needs to be fixed.
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While investigating eclipse please make Jesus Beam acknowledge obstacles like A [snip]WALL.

Thank you.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_AlexD on April 2, 2015 12:01AM
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop ignoring us.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    Stop ignoring us.

they've been doing this for more than a year. why would they stop now?
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cause doing that forced them to change their subscription options, and they don't need to push away anymore paying customers?
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added to the OP - The travel speed of the projectiles from Sun Fire and Solar Flare are far to slow there's no reason that they need to be half the speed of other casted projectile spells like Crystal Fragments.
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hope they fix eclipse. Love that ability. Even when a good sorc breaks it, they tend to seek cover I presume due to the stam cost. NPC mages it just works so good; if it didn't have the chance to leave me hanging.
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Added to the OP - The travel speed of the projectiles from Sun Fire and Solar Flare are far to slow there's no reason that they need to be half the speed of other casted projectile spells like Crystal Fragments.

Everything we do is slower than ****.

Even the animation for blazing shield takes way longer than, say, the defensive shield in the one hand line, harness magicka, hardened ward, etc...

I don’t get it. After playing my sorc alt for a while and then getting back on the old templar everything just feels sluggish. Even our instant cast abilities don't feel instant.
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB