Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And dk Whip Gina? Will it get stamina morph option?
    Edited by Gravord on January 27, 2015 6:09PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    That's the end of nightblade then
    If it means the end of NB light armor tanks, then yay! It's looking good for my coveted Dual Resto setup though! \o/
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    And dk Whip Gina? Will it get stamnia morph option?
    Hopes not, already get one for Unstable flame (no thx id say, you can take it back) =\

• whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said this way back in the day, they should make all abilities be able to Morph to Stamina or Magicka and then the player can choose what he wants..maybe one day ESO will get there..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Gandogal
    Gandogal
    ✭✭
    So, whats the beserk bonus anyways?
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »
    Gravord wrote: »
    And dk Whip Gina? Will it get stamnia morph option?
    Hopes not, already get one for Unstable flame (no thx id say, you can take it back) =\

Either all 3 melee dk skills get stamina morph or we dont need any. Its not logical to allow 2 flame dots be stamina based but instant dmg skill magicka only.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

Killer's Blade does cost stamina; looks like we missed it in the patch notes. We're adding it now.

For the Veiled Strike ability, we made Surprise Attack cost stamina instead of Concealed Weapon because Surprise Attack also reduces armor and made sense to us for a physical damage dealer.
    Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

Killer's Blade does cost stamina; looks like we missed it in the patch notes. We're adding it now.

For the Veiled Strike ability, we made Surprise Attack cost stamina instead of Concealed Weapon because Surprise Attack also reduces armor and made sense to us for a physical damage dealer.

Why are you reducing choices in builds? Magicka based builds now have fewer choices in order to allow Stam to have more. Stamina needs more core class skill choices but they also have far greater choices outside of class abilities. The better choice is to simply allow more class abilities scale off of what stat is highest.

You are trying to help Stamina builds but you just nerfed magicka builds hard now. You are NOT adding choice. You are just shifting around your limited choice options.

So now a magicka based melee nightblade build (one of the few effective builds that class has had since day 1) are broken just to give a few more options to Stamina builds which are now the FOTM build anyway (especially bow)?

You do yourselves no favours with these changes. You simply nerf those who had choices before. This is not a net gain.

YOU GUYS pigeon holed the players with YOUR system. It is not the player's fault they adapted to the system you offered. Players have been screaming for choice since day 1 and now your prove yet again you can't fix it.

Every damn skill in game should be able to used by ANY BUILD!!! Skills should just adapt to the build ... NOT THE PLAYER TO THE SKILLS!

Hybrid builds are still screwed. You are STILL forced into stamina or magicka builds. You are STILL forced to ignore blocks of skills simply because you have magicka or stamina as your main stat which narrows you into very basic builds that are effective.

This major overhaul is a missed opportunity.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS
    Ahdora wrote: »
    Did the aforementioned new Alliance War abilities not make it into this patch, or did I miss them in all that text?

Yeah, whats with the suggested magicka bomb?!
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Zos promised magica return passive for Templar, but nothing about it in patchnotes.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies if I missed this in the notes! But I remember, in Q&As leading up to this patch, some talk of staff attacks being scaled to spell damage rather than weapon damage -- would you be able to verify if that's the case as of PTS publication? And if so, does the change to spell damage apply to light & heavy weapon attacks for destro and resto staves, or just the abilities?

P.S. THANK YOU -- the whole team deserves like a day at the spa and 16 hours of uninterrupted sleep once this thing goes live. And ideally, the community managers' insurance plans cover the extensive therapy necessitated by a life of nonstop exposure to the furious, entitled demands of a gaming community. I assume you're all plagued by night terrors.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Phazius
    Phazius
    ✭✭✭
    Lookin pretty good... I love the new buff system, wont get a chance to play around with it till tomorrow (or maybe like 4am o.O)
    The most casual DK in Entropy Rising
    Twitch.tv/phazius | Youtube.com/phazius | Twitter.com/phazius

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haha, I smell Stamina DK new FOTM! Will test it later. When servers are up, also gonna start streaming.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on January 27, 2015 6:21PM
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RunAway wrote: »
    No LFG fixes?

Apparently there was no need for fixing the tool itself as all it needed was a fix for a rare occurance:

"Grouping Tools
    Fixed an issue if you selected a role at the same time a group search started, the icon to toggle roles could not be used.".

If it still isn't working, we'll probably have to wait for console release when they will jump through hoops to fix Sage's inability to use it.
  • Pausekey
    Pausekey
    ✭✭✭
    Armor: The amount of mitigation provided by Armor has changed.
    • A piece of Light Armor grants 1/4th of the mitigation of an equivalent piece of Heavy Armor.

So is this the beginning of the end of the "Light Armor/Sword and Board DK Uber-Tanks" we see everywhere like roaches in PvP?
    I hope so.

Just to be clear I have no issue with this, as I have always found the classic MMO roles work fine (tanks in heavy, casters using staves etc.). I jut think its funny that an initial "you can play any way you like" has steadily evolved towards the traditional roles of classes as they have found certain builds to be vastly superior to others.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... So basically everything changed to something else, nothing is the same, but somehow, in some crazy way, you forgot the heal component of GDB

>_> Dat better still heal me, yo, or we gonna have some issues considering how much you just nerfed my class for the ninth... or is it tenth time.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought there would be some serious changes to Sorc abilities, looks like I was wrong....
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • meistermeuchler1b16_ESO
    i´m a little disappointed that Rushed Ceremony and Healing Ritual (Templar heals) have no changes at all. Honor the Dead is still bad compared to the other morph Breath of Life and the ability Healing Ritual is still as bad as ever. I thought this patch should buff underused abilities and morphs.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at templar update. Nothing impressive compared to the other class
    updates
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Zos promised magica return passive for Templar, but nothing about it in patchnotes.
    They did give %10 magicka regen to Aura but nerfed the stamina and health regen rates of it by almost %60 "sigh"

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭

Very happy to hear this! Also shame on me for not saying this earlier but...

Good job!

• lumithelock
    lumithelock
    ✭✭
    thx for finally getting us the patch notes now can we get the pts :smiley:
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    ... So basically everything changed to something else, nothing is the same, but somehow, in some crazy way, you forgot the heal component of GDB

>_> Dat better still heal me, yo, or we gonna have some issues considering how much you just nerfed my class for the ninth... or is it tenth time.

I don't...I don't really get what you're asking... ._.

GDB didn't seem to have any changes to the heal component, should work exactly the same, if that was the question.
  • joedamarsiob16_ESO
    joedamarsiob16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is by far the worst set of Patch notes I have seen. Why are Templars getting further buffs when they are already the most OP class?

Have ZOS decided that they can't fix the lag in Cyrodiil so they are trying to stop people playing PvP by absolutely ruining everything? These are the most idiotic patch notes of any game ever and now I am seriously thinking about quitting the game and not subbing to ESO Plus when this patch comes out.

Ultimate was one of the few systems in the game that worked and now they have made the amazing decision to utterly remove ultimate generation. I can't believe that everyone commenting is saying positive things so I can only assume that ZOS are removing the comments that are mean about their stupid patch.
    "Heh, I'd better cut down on the ale. Starting to see things, I am..." - Blind Moth Priest, Circa 3E 433

RIP Scourge- 2014-2014, Gone but not forgotten.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye my beloved Sorc. I just can't be a veterinarian :'(

and now that light armor is weak, also remove the taunt from clannifer???

Unstable Familiar
    The unstable familiar (as well as the pets from the morphs of this ability) will no longer taunt monsters if the summoning player character is the only one on the hate list for that monster.

I forsee lots of "why does my sorcerer die all the time" posts from new rolls/ new players

Significantly decreased the chance to receive gold boosters, gold aspect runes and purple provisioning ingredients from hireling mails.

Added a significant chance to receive gold boosters, gold aspect runes, and purple provisioning ingredients from crafting writ rewards.

Sooo, "oh d**m, we didn't consider how utterly useless these writs are for completed crafters, so we will make hirelings pointless and force them to do writs instead".

If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    Can u pls, use proper names of new buffs/debuffs in their description? for example what is "Major Defile buff" ???????????????
    Armor buffs
    Minor Resolve: Small increase to physical resistance.
    Major Resolve: Larger increase to physical resistance.
    Reduce Armor debuffs
    Minor Fracture: Small decrease to target’s physical resistance.
    Major Fracture: Larger increase to the target’s physical resistance.
    Spell Resistance buffs
    Minor Ward: Small increase to spell resist.
    Major Ward: Larger increase to spell resist.
    Reduce Spell Resistance debuffs
    Minor Breach: Small decrease to target’s spell resist.
    Major Breach: Larger decrease to target’s spell resist.
    Damage Taken buffs
    Minor Protection: Reduces damage taken by 8%
    Major Protection: Reduces damage taken by 30%
    Dodge buffs
    Minor Evasion: Increases dodge chance by 5%
    Major Evasion: Increases dodge chance by 20%
    Reduce Damage debuffs
    Minor Maim: Reduces target’s damage dealt by 15%
    Major Maim: Reduces target’s damage dealt by 30%
    Damage on Next Attack buff
    Major Empower: Increases damage of next attack by 20%
    Weapon Damage buffs
    Minor Brutality: Increases weapon damage by 5%
    Major Brutality: Increases weapon damage by 20%
    Spell Damage buffs
    Minor Sorcery: Increases spell damage by 5%
    Major Sorcery: Increases spell damage by 20%
    Critical Damage buffs
    Minor Force: Increases critical damage amounts by 15%
    Major Force: Increases critical damage amounts by 40%
    Weapon Critical Chance buffs
    Minor Savagery: Increases weapon critical chance by 3%
    Major Savagery: Increases weapon critical chance by 10%
    Spell Critical Chance buffs
    Minor Prophecy: Increases spell critical chance by 3%
    Major Prophecy: Increases spell critical chance by 10%
    Healing Done buffs
    Minor Mending: Increases healing done by 8%
    Major Mending: Increases healing done by 30%
    Healing Taken buffs
    Minor Vitality: Increases healing taken by 8%
    Major Vitality: Increases healing taken by 30%
    Reduce Healing Taken debuffs
    Minor Defile: Reduces target’s healing taken by 15%
    Major Defile: Reduces target’s healing taken by 40%
    Reduce Max Health debuffs
    Minor Mangle: reduces target’s max health by 10%
    Major Mangle: reduces target’s max health by 40%
    Health Recovery buffs
    Minor Fortitude: increases health recovery by 10%
    Major Fortitude: increases health recovery by 30%
    Magicka Recovery buffs
    Minor Intellect: Increases magicka recovery by 10%
    Major Intellect: Increases magicka recovery by 30%
    Stamina Recovery buffs
    Minor Endurance: Increases stamina recovery by 10%
    Major Endurance: Increases stamina recovery by 30%
    Movement Speed buffs
    Minor Expedition: Increases movement speed by 10%
    Major Expedition: Increases movement speed by 40%
    Ultimate Gain
    Minor Heroism: Increases Ultimate gain by 1
    Major Heroism: Increases Ultimate gain by 3
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    So new way to do things, and now you can steal, improved the broken stuff so it works.
    No new quests to pve? So the end game is still the same runnig around trials.. no way i can do quest on craglorn myself?
    Forced group.. Since launch i have waited for more pve end game content.
    But well i just unsub, and drop elderscrollonline to trashbin. Rip forever.
    No rage quit guys, im not upset in anyway. Just nothing to do, tired of waiting stuff to do.

ZOS good luck with this game.
    You have a nice pvp game, themed with elder scroll, thats it.
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Blackclouud
    Blackclouud
    ✭✭
    Is green dragon blood having its heal for 30% removed and just replaced with the 30% increase? Or is that in addition?
    Cry Havoc - Guild Leader
    Bearminimum/Draconis/Samhain
    @Blackclouud
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is info for Minor Berserk buff"?
  • WhiskeyJac
    WhiskeyJac
    ✭✭✭
    so what does the damage from ultimate abilities scale? magicka right ?
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No change to Bat swarm? It is already completely overpowered and now coupled with 10% less damage to vamps, it will be a required ultimate in PvP.\

Also, why did you nerf Caltrops to only 6 players? It useless now. Before it at least help slightly against zerg balls.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just please tell me that the quest To Walk on Far Shores in Bangkorai no longer crashes the game. The patch notes mention something about timing issues but don't mention if the crashes are sorted.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/