Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• thesongoftimeb14_ESO
    My print preview says 94 pages
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Miscellaneous
    General
    • Ultra settings will now require a video card with 2GB of VRAM.

nuu muh ultra :open_mouth:
  • Yandros
    Yandros
    ✭✭
    Holy Moly ..... where do I find the summarized version :-)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ambush: This ability now uses stamina instead of magicka, and applies the Minor Berserk buff on the next attack.

My magicka Ambush :'( I hope the magicka alternative isn't Loltus fan....
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor: The amount of mitigation provided by Armor has changed.
    • A piece of Light Armor grants 1/4th of the mitigation of an equivalent piece of Heavy Armor.

So is this the beginning of the end of the "Light Armor/Sword and Board DK Uber-Tanks" we see everywhere like roaches in PvP?
    I hope so.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 27, 2015 5:16PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Game manuals are smaller than these notes lol. Some great changes though!

Cas
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭
    bd5e766779.jpg
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garbrac wrote: »
    bd5e766779.jpg

Hahah awesome!

• ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decreased the base damage done by Silver Bolts by 80%, but increased the proc chance to 30% from 5%.

:open_mouth:
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Grouping Tools
    Fixed an issue if you selected a role at the same time a group search started, the icon to toggle roles could not be used."

I am hoping this will fix grouping tool not making any groups.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A massive read, and awesome changes, my thanks to the team for all their hard work on this update.

Given the scale of the game rebalance, will there be a full and free respec when the update goes live? If so, would it be possible please to allow us to log in with our original build, receive a prompt that there is a respec available, and then give an opportunity for us to note down our existing character build before activating the respec, rather than logging in to a blank build and trying to remember where we'd allocated the points previously?
    Edited by Tandor on January 27, 2015 5:23PM
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1394498500210.gif
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ab6873c01555bd25ac153c0d5e20ee33.png
    darth-vader-no-gif.gif
    :(
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    darth-vader-no-gif.gif

7310819.gif
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OVERVIEW

Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v1.6, our sixth and largest major content update thus far! We have many significant new features in store for you.
    That would be the Crown Store I take it.

No, that isn't supposed to be a joke.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on January 27, 2015 5:25PM
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    darth-vader-no-gif.gif

7310819.gif

I just got finished scrolling down to read the spiked armor change.
    Spiked Armor
    All ranks of this ability now also grant the buffs Major Resolve and Major Ward.
    Razor Armor (morph): Renamed this ability to Hardened Armor, which now provides a damage shield equal to 10% of your maximum health. The duration of this shield lasts 3.5 seconds at Rank IV.
    Volatile Armor (morph): This ability now deals increased damage over 10 seconds. The amount of damage dealt increases with each rank.
    k8um1gH.jpg

Zeni you almost fooled me! <3
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    A piece of Medium Armor grants 3/4th of the mitigation of Heavy Armor.
    Much too much… should be around 2/3 or 3/5 but not 75%

Spell Resistance: Instead of having a base amount of Spell Resistance that grows as you level, Spell Resistance is now provided by Armor on a 1 to 1 basis.
    o For example, if a piece of gear gives you 2000 Armor, it also gives 2000 Spell Resistance.
    o Passive skills in both the Light Armor and Heavy Armor skill lines will modify this ratio.
    Very Cool!
    Synergy abilities/Ultimates now scale off your highest stats that are either stamina or magicka based.
    I am a balanced person… (Tank). So no advantages for me?

Using this passive will now increase the amount of time you are transformed as a werewolf by 3 seconds every time you take damage.

Werewolf Tank? Jihaaaaaa :D But is there a limit?
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Puncturing Strikes
    Increased the single target bonus damage on this ability by 60%.
    Reduced the cost of this ability by 25%." <3
    Edited by tplink3r1 on January 27, 2015 5:28PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh god this will take forever to read. Btw, you missed Minor Empower on the buff list.
    Note: This does not include disguises at this time.
    :\ Disguises are the only costumes I have, I'm not going to buy anything from the crown store... Well, maybe a wedding dress for my Nord. Please include disguises as soon as possible. :) Also quest trophies. They take more inventory space than my pets.
    You will now start with a two handed sword.
    Oh for ***'s sake... Okay, I can live with that, but I still think it's pointless.
  • Equinox
    Equinox
    ✭✭✭
    rlaayhgfux8f.jpg
    ********************~For the Queen!~********************
  • Torquebow
    Torquebow
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

I was kinda wondering about this myself... Seems like the logical choices.
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Torqbow - Thrall of Vokundein
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope ZOS provides good insurance. I have to imagine Gina's developed a serious case of carpal tunnel having typed, curated, edited, fixed, tweaked, improved all the patch notes... lost it all in a crash, and had to do it again.

Your poor, poor wrists.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ambush, noooooooooo! :trollface:
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now what is that "berserk" buff they keep mentioning in the NB changes?

There is no berserk in the buff list.

Same for "maim" buff, there is no such buff in the list.
    Edited by nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO on January 27, 2015 5:36PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Significantly increased the chance to receive gold boosters from refining.

Significantly decreased the chance to receive gold boosters, gold aspect runes and purple provisioning ingredients from hireling mails.

Hopefully I'll have enough time to see ZOS idea of "significantly" while my NA characters are on PTS.

If the Hirelings RNG is useless then I think that negates most of the purpose for even having spent all those extra passive points in making useful hirelings.

I don't need 300+ trait stones, I need useful boosters and tempers. I already spent this game since release refining several tons of materials now you want us to have to harvest and refine tons more for gold returns?

I'd be interested to know from the Devs what was so bad about the already low RNG for Hirelings as it was. I definitely still pulled enough Ta's, or no Aspects at all, on my maxed Level 50 Enchanter Hireling.
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, I, for one, am disappointed . Only 3 stamina abilities for NBs, and NOT Killer's Blade/Veiled strike. Wtf.

Seems to me they still want us to be magicka when using class skills while stamina is a pool of homogenized crap.
    Edited by Marthenil on January 27, 2015 5:34PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can notes or descriptions of the new Alliance War skills be added? Or did I miss them?
  • Rammi
    Rammi
    ✭✭✭
    @zos_ginaBruno For example, if you are Veteran Rank 12 and have 800,000XP progress towards Veteran Rank 13, you will receive 59 Champion Points after the system goes live.

In the above example based on what you described should the amount of champion points that is given be 64 and not 59.

Rank 12 earns you 5 X 12 which is 60

plus 4 for 800K progression? or does rank1 not count
    Edited by Rammi on January 27, 2015 6:02PM
    The Champion System should have rewarded Champion Points based off of achievements and feats earned through excelling at end game content not grinding your life away vs mobs in order to stay competitive. This system is uncreative and is a great example of extremely lazy system design. Yes, you should be embarrassed
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torquebow wrote: »
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

I was kinda wondering about this myself... Seems like the logical choices.

I completely agree! Those would've been the most ideal, and probably best choices to make Stamina based for Nightblades! What do we have now? Ambush and the Grim Focus.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Please Gina, as immediate feedback, tell the combat crew to heavily consider making the Killer's Blade (Morph from Assassin's Blade) and the Concealed Weapon (Morph from Veiled Strike) new Stamina based abilities for the Nightblade. Those two are ideal for any close up Melee rogue/thief/assassin type of character, and would finalyze our pure stamina builds so well! They would be a perfect mashup, and I'm certain many more people would love for this too!

Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    Now what is that "berserk" buff they keep mentioning in the NB changes?

There is no berserk in the buff list.

Same for "maim" buff, there is no such buff in the list.

You also get it for useing the syngery of the storm atronach but no mention of what that is....