Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to " we will track your exp earned " ????( Gina Bruno answered this 12/28/2014)

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **Disclaimer**
    I didn't read all the posts.
    **Disclaimer**

Sweet mother... the level that some people are "nuking" this issue is mind boggling.

I'd like to offer this suggestion:

30 champion points ÷ 14 VR levels = 2.1428

Give 30 CP to every account that has one VR14, then give 2 champion points per VR level for the highest level character on an account (e.g. a VR 7 would garner you 14 CP, two VR7's would garner you 28 CP). Up to the maximum 30 per account. Then during the "transition" period make Champion points available every 500,000 VP up to 30. After 30 Champion points have been awarded to an account have the new method you intend to handle the rewarding of champion points take effect.

A person that has a VR14 will not equal a VR1 in champion points.
    A person that does not have a VR14 will be able to see the champion system and work relatively quickly toward the 30 CP everyone else has received.

^ That.. or just follow the damn rules of your own system ZoS. Vr1s shouldn't get CPs until they gatherec enough veteran exp to earn their first point. Vr14s already earned several points because we did earn the exp... We leveled all the way after all.

You want to give points to the vr1s? Fine, make it part of the rule, not an exception to be applied once. Otherwise it is just stupid. And please... Please give the extra points we actually earned by leveling... Don't stomp on our efforts and our loyalty.
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    you know when they said roughly 1 CP per hour? Well if the cap is 3600 then that's only 150 days solid. Nothing to some of these grinder players.

1CP per hour with 4x enlightened buff. Or 1 CP per 4 hours if you play a lot.
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know...i'd like to know what all this extra 'levelling up' is actually for thou? So we can then solo Elite delves?
    There ain't no end game now, so if they make it that everyone can get there quicker?? I don't get it....
    Do they think were all gonna suddenly go start PvP'ing?? lol
    Miraculously group up and repeat dungeon after dungeon??
    Do dailies on our vastly more powerful chars??

Seems a waste really to me....Put some real content into the game before you just end up 'buffing' the bigger mobs cos they can then be solo'd by casual players...
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    Grao wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Just give VR+ players something. Maybe 1 point per VR level. Or 1 per 2 VR levels. How bad could that be if everyone has 30 for someone to have 7 more? Maybe there is a concern over players with multiple VR14 characters? Would making it only apply to one character for a limit of 7 (or 14) above the 30 be so bad?

From vr1 to vr14 you should earn 22 champion points. 22! I mean, seriously, why are we having to fight over such a small reward?

22 is for the original 1-10 VR zones, not VR 14.

Yes, I corrected my self. It is not my math ^^ Still, it is a ridiculously low number when compared to 3600...

3600 is the upper cap, no one is actually intended to reach that, even after years of playing. Don't see 3600 as in anyway a target. Also the difference in power between a 2400 player and 3600 player would be tiny, due to just how harsh diminishing returns would be at those values.

The problem is that the difference early on will be bigger and those players that have less ways to earn points will fall behind.

I'm already behind on undaunted passives even though I'd done dungeons non stop early on (which of course gave me no achieves to get in new system). I'm still behind on some of the new achievements added with dyes because I was done leveling crafting already and have to go back and do stuff I don't need to do). I'll be a bit gimped with new provisioning system because we'll all need to go out and get stuff like radishes and crap that new and old players don't have any of (as well as get new recipes that have been added - not talking the ones they replaced).

So if watching my character that I play a lot fall behind on all that stuff to more casual players is any indication, how much fun does anyone think I (or someone in my shoes) will have watching a new players fly past me in CP that has silver/gold to do on 8 character slots? (fyi I'm done with silver/gold on 5.5 characters so far = that's a HUGE amount of XP that is essentially lost to me - when vet levels go away all that xp is for nothing b/c I won't have any CP to show for it nor anything else unlike someone that leveled up from v1 after the system rolled out.)
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Just give VR+ players something. Maybe 1 point per VR level. Or 1 per 2 VR levels. How bad could that be if everyone has 30 for someone to have 7 more? Maybe there is a concern over players with multiple VR14 characters? Would making it only apply to one character for a limit of 7 (or 14) above the 30 be so bad?

From vr1 to vr14 you should earn 22 champion points. 22! I mean, seriously, why are we having to fight over such a small reward?

Yes, I corrected my self. It is not my math ^^ Still, it is a ridiculously low number when compared to 3600...

3600 is the upper cap, no one is actually intended to reach that, even after years of playing. Don't see 3600 as in anyway a target. Also the difference in power between a 2400 player and 3600 player would be tiny, due to just how harsh diminishing returns would be at those values.

The problem is that the difference early on will be bigger and those players that have less ways to earn points will fall behind.

I'm already behind on undaunted passives even though I'd done dungeons non stop early on (which of course gave me no achieves to get in new system). I'm still behind on some of the new achievements added with dyes because I was done leveling crafting already and have to go back and do stuff I don't need to do). I'll be a bit gimped with new provisioning system because we'll all need to go out and get stuff like radishes and crap that new and old players don't have any of (as well as get new recipes that have been added - not talking the ones they replaced).

So if watching my character that I play a lot fall behind on all that stuff to more casual players is any indication, how much fun does anyone think I (or someone in my shoes) will have watching a new players fly past me in CP that has silver/gold to do on 8 character slots? (fyi I'm done with silver/gold on 5.5 characters so far = that's a HUGE amount of XP that is essentially lost to me - when vet levels go away all that xp is for nothing b/c I won't have any CP to show for it nor anything else unlike someone that leveled up from v1 after the system rolled out.)

I absolutely agree here, and find myself in a similar position due to these changes.

Reminds me of this, actually:

giphy.gif

I'm considering cancelling my 5 subs. Be happy to play other games until this is corrected.

Options
  • ceol
    ceol
    The problem is that the exp we got is being taken from us without anything to reward it. We don't want to have to grind like crazy to keep up with the guys that are vr1 questing... It isn't fair. We already the questing, we did the leveling, so why are our points being denied to us?

How are your points being denied to you? You have just as much of a chance to get them as a VR1 character. You just have one less option to do so. It doesn't mean those points are gone forever.

Whoever said you needed to "grind like crazy" in order to keep up with them? If the highest character someone has by 1.6 is a VR1, do you really think they're going to be grinding out quests?
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ceol wrote: »
    The problem is that the exp we got is being taken from us without anything to reward it. We don't want to have to grind like crazy to keep up with the guys that are vr1 questing... It isn't fair. We already the questing, we did the leveling, so why are our points being denied to us?

How are your points being denied to you? You have just as much of a chance to get them as a VR1 character. You just have one less option to do so. It doesn't mean those points are gone forever.

Whoever said you needed to "grind like crazy" in order to keep up with them? If the highest character someone has by 1.6 is a VR1, do you really think they're going to be grinding out quests?

Not exactly.

I'm looking at 65 million xp of quests between 5 v14s that I can never earn. There are no other options for me to solo earn those outside of playing pvp (which I do not like to do and also don't know how it compares). Most daily stuff is group content, no new zones will be added for months.

And sure, a casual player may not suddenly grind out quests, but there could be someone just like me that just goes from one character to the next, doing quests and started later than me so is only around v1 when the system hits. They could very easily have the 5 v14s I have a few months after 1.6 launches - I certainly cannot. I only have 2.5 more slots left (one is v5 and half way through content). That's all the xp I can earn from questing. Any other xp I earn will be from waiting around until my friends get on to do group content.

It's b.s. that I'm screwed over by this when a giving me a couple points per vet level wouldn't have put me that far ahead of the 30 a v1 gets. Now, just like undaunted, or crafting achieves, I get to watch new players pass me by while I sit there without as many tools to earn points as they have.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evandus wrote: »

I absolutely agree here, and find myself in a similar position due to these changes.

giphy.gif

I'm considering cancelling my 5 subs. Be happy to play other games until this is corrected.

5 subs? Really? Not just a ploy to claim what you say matters more?
    Options
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

If he's dedicated enough to have five subs yet can drop all that "investment" at the drop of a hat... well. No more needs to be said, I think.

Either way (real or exaggeration), doesn't reflect well on him.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on December 29, 2014 8:22PM
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly.

I'm looking at 65 million xp of quests between 5 v14s that I can never earn. There are no other options for me to solo earn those outside of playing pvp (which I do not like to do and also don't know how it compares). Most daily stuff is group content, no new zones will be added for months.

And sure, a casual player may not suddenly grind out quests, but there could be someone just like me that just goes from one character to the next, doing quests and started later than me so is only around v1 when the system hits. They could very easily have the 5 v14s I have a few months after 1.6 launches - I certainly cannot. I only have 2.5 more slots left (one is v5 and half way through content). That's all the xp I can earn from questing. Any other xp I earn will be from waiting around until my friends get on to do group content.

It's b.s. that I'm screwed over by this when a giving me a couple points per vet level wouldn't have put me that far ahead of the 30 a v1 gets. Now, just like undaunted, or crafting achieves, I get to watch new players pass me by while I sit there without as many tools to earn points as they have.

Here's the thing I really don't get at all. How exactly does this advantage the casual? They would need to suddenly start playing massively more than they had been before, while you play massively less, for them to get ahead even slightly. Do you honestly think that's about to happen, or are you just being far too overly dramatic?

You have 5 VR14's you must have a played on all your characters probably in excess of 100days, that's going to be 50+ hours a week on average. In what world will a casual suddenly catch you up, neigh over take you?
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Not really, I had 3 subs. Comes with having a job and lots of disposable cash.
    I also got 3x Istaria subs
    2x Rift paid subs
    2x SWToR paid subs
    and an UO that I still pay for thou haven't played for near 4 years.

I know some people with over 15 subs to the same game, it's nothing special these days.
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's whatever floats your boat, some play games for relaxation, some goto the gym, some go drinking in a pub. I know which is the cheaper but I do like a drink aswell. lol

Multiple subs is good for burnout.......or like now in ESO where nothing is certain about your main char so you don't want to waste opportunities. Play a diff game for a while and try ESO later. If you kept your sub running then you get the latest fluff upon your return also.

nb, I should mention for peoples sanity that the '15 subs' was to Ultima Online and you got Veteran rewards each year that at the time could be sold for quite large amounts of real cash so it wasn't really a waste. ;)
    Edited by Sindala on December 29, 2014 8:31PM
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays, and we'll see you in the new year. :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ . Ok.. .someone just quoted this in Tamriel Foundry guild chat. According to them, we need to stop doing landscape quests if we are VR level because we will want to do quests and exploration in the future to get the champion points. Is that a proper interpretation? If so, can someone have ZoS put their sub on hold for the next month until 1.6 drops so they can gain CP instead of leveling up VR?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was posted here first, back on like page 4 or something......keep up :p
    Options
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    Stop suggesting repeatable daily quests and PvP as a solution to this. It isn't. Also I'm trying to be serious. If you don't actually have anything to add to the thread then please keep it to yourself.

I think what previous posters have brought up on this are correct. They should have added re running the dungeons as well. Why because you are gaining exp this way.

Now on another hand I myself have leveled up in pve land to lvl10 and since then have only PVPed so I have a ton off quests as well as 2 other factions to play worth of quests. Should be worried about being short handed on CP when its dished out?

Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how much have each of you paid to beta test this game for consoles?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine how loud all zenimax studio laughing when reading all this topics.

they arnt the only ones
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

omg... How are my points being denied to me...

if I were vr1, I'd spend x time to level to vr14 and would gain y CPs, correct?

Now... I am already vr14, so I already spent the exact same x time to level, I got the same experience the vr1 guys will get to reach vr14... But I am getting nothing for my trouble.

Where is my 'y' cps? They got lost in the ether?

The idea is very simple, the same amount of effort in a game should result on the same amount of rewards. In this case, it is not. It is really simple if you actually think about.

You can think... Right?
    Options
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    This needs it's own thread. You said you would track our exp towards the new cp system. So a bunch of us went ahead and quested. Now your not giving us the exp points you said you would......but we cant repeat the quests. Can someone from Zeni clarify this......it's upsetting alot of your long subscribing customers ? It's my understanding that a new VR1 will receive the same cp as my vr14....but still have access to the quest exp that I won't. I hope you guys have a fix for that.

go roll an alt.
    Options
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. For those complaining about not getting more CP, were you only leveling to VR14 because of the extra CP? If they didn't say anything at all about keeping track of exp a few months ago, would you have stopped leveling at VR1?

A VR14 is not losing anything compared to a VR1. While they're questing, you can be grinding or doing dailies or dungeons or whatever the heck you want, and you'll get CP just as fast as them (probably faster.) Even if you're staunchly against grinding, Undaunted dailies, PvP dailies, PvP in general, Craglorn, and dungeons, and the only thing you want to do are non-repeatable quests, you can level an alt to VR1, because CP is account-wide. You can even get one by the time 1.6 drops.

So really, what's the problem? Either continue what you've been doing or level an alt. You'll get CP at the same rate either way.

We are questing because we don't want to grind. We are questing because she specifically told us that we should continue to level our veteran characters... not once, but twice... officially.

So, now, here we are, with all of the available quest content finished, and they tell us that they have decided they can't be arsed to do what they said they would.

You don't find that more than a bit wrong?
    Options
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **Disclaimer**
    I didn't read all the posts.
    **Disclaimer**

Sweet mother... the level that some people are "nuking" this issue is mind boggling.

I'd like to offer this suggestion:

30 champion points ÷ 14 VR levels = 2.1428

Give 30 CP to every account that has one VR14, then give 2 champion points per VR level for the highest level character on an account (e.g. a VR 7 would garner you 14 CP, two VR7's would garner you 28 CP). Up to the maximum 30 per account. Then during the "transition" period make Champion points available every 500,000 VP up to 30. After 30 Champion points have been awarded to an account have the new method you intend to handle the rewarding of champion points take effect.

A person that has a VR14 will not equal a VR1 in champion points.
    A person that does not have a VR14 will be able to see the champion system and work relatively quickly toward the 30 CP everyone else has received.

Don't complain about the posts if you haven't... you know... read the posts.

Jeebus.

That said, I agree to an extent with your idea. They should reward you for the highest VR you have, so that you don't feel you have been following their guidance to level for no reason.

And, that also said, they don't care. They will get a stupid amount of money from their console box sales and that's what they are in this for.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »
    I'm confused. For those complaining about not getting more CP, were you only leveling to VR14 because of the extra CP? If they didn't say anything at all about keeping track of exp a few months ago, would you have stopped leveling at VR1?

A VR14 is not losing anything compared to a VR1. While they're questing, you can be grinding or doing dailies or dungeons or whatever the heck you want, and you'll get CP just as fast as them (probably faster.) Even if you're staunchly against grinding, Undaunted dailies, PvP dailies, PvP in general, Craglorn, and dungeons, and the only thing you want to do are non-repeatable quests, you can level an alt to VR1, because CP is account-wide. You can even get one by the time 1.6 drops.

So really, what's the problem? Either continue what you've been doing or level an alt. You'll get CP at the same rate either way.

We are questing because we don't want to grind. We are questing because she specifically told us that we should continue to level our veteran characters... not once, but twice... officially.

So, now, here we are, with all of the available quest content finished, and they tell us that they have decided they can't be arsed to do what they said they would.

that is exactly why we are all angry. welcome to the party.

Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is exactly why we are all angry. welcome to the party.

Yup....
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays, and we'll see you in the new year. :)

The problem is this is an MMO and your voiding the investment many have put in. You could have simply given v14 characters more points accordingly, less points for lower levels.

This kind of thing does not fly in mmos.
    /kill
    Options
  • ceol
    ceol

Then level an alt, so you can quest even more. Yeah, it sucks you aren't getting your exp retroactively applied, but it isn't the same exp that new characters will be getting. It's exp in an entirely different system with different balancing.

They aren't doing this because they're lazy or want to *** you off. They're doing it because, sometimes, things don't go the way we want them to and we need to go back on what we said. Would you rather ZOS turn into ArenaNet, never talking to us about anything for fear of the community ripping their head off?

ZOS has explained why they made this decision, and they've expressed their regret about not being able to follow through. At this point, if you can't accept it, just stop playing the game, because you will never be happy with anything.
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then level an alt, so you can quest even more. Yeah, it sucks you aren't getting your exp retroactively applied, but it isn't the same exp that new characters will be getting. It's exp in an entirely different system with different balancing.

I am already doing this as we speak (see my Signature) but The problem is:

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO......
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They aren't doing this because they're lazy or want to *** you off. They're doing it because, sometimes, things don't go the way we want them to and we need to go back on what we said. Would you rather ZOS turn into ArenaNet, never talking to us about anything for fear of the community ripping their head off?

ZOS has explained why they made this decision, and they've expressed their regret about not being able to follow through. At this point, if you can't accept it, just stop playing the game, because you will never be happy with anything.

I am sorry, extremely vague one liners don't count as justification on my dictionary. They apologized, true, but they didn't offer any convincing argument as to why they made this decision, so this seems rather capricious of them
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    If I get this right, they've said, that Cyrodiil village quests will give more EXP now. I already do them every day for fun. I really really hope, this will make the villages more attractive, so that many people come to the cities.

This is going to be great fun. I have no mood at the moment, but I can't wait to farm the villages again. This is the best part of Cyrodiil in my opinion.

Wow, your idea on what's fun vs. my idea of fun are completely seperate. After performing the village quests several times I found them to be utterly BORING!!! If I have to do those over and over again just to gain CP, then please, just poke my eyes out with a stick!

Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    eliisra wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how is a more causal player with only one V14, suppose to gain CP in 1.6?

I'm not worried for myself. I have one of each class at level cap. I still have thousands of quest to do, even have Cadwells gold and entire maps left on some characters.

But a less "hardcore" player that didn't speed grind alts to level cap, well, they seem a bit screwed lol. At least if they want to do quest to progress and gain points. This while a VR1 has all content ahead of him, and the same amount of points. It doesn't add up. Hope I'm missing something?

the perceived imbalance is largely due to people wanting to be "lone rangers". the fact is, there wont be only 1 VR1 character on a faction going against 1 or more VR14 with max CPs- there will be a balance. in PVE people worry about VR14 with max CP not grouping with vr1 with no CPs- this too won't happen anymore than it already does. as someone who tends to go in with the "hardcore crew" i wouldn't mind doing pugs with vr1s and no CPs if i have VR14 with 100+cps because it relieves the stress of bad pugs (i tend to do instances for fun only). it wont eradicate the stress in PVP or PVE but it helps reduce it. I ground up to commander rank in PVP in WoW on the old school system (harder system), i accepted that there would be "cannon fodder" players and "leet" (typically using that term loosely) players. both parties still had to hold each others hands for success.

so long term this is how MMOs survive. its by teamwork of the community not a separation of "haves and have nots." in a matter of weeks the whole game will be no better off than leaving players with the tracked XP. me being one of the crowd that won't really benefit from experience tracking. but wrong is wrong;right is right- going back on their word is wrong and a dup if not a lie.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Audigy wrote: »
    eliisra wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how is a more causal player with only one V14, suppose to gain CP in 1.6?

I'm not worried for myself. I have one of each class at level cap. I still have thousands of quest to do, even have Cadwells gold and entire maps left on some characters.

But a less "hardcore" player that didn't speed grind alts to level cap, well, they seem a bit screwed lol. At least if they want to do quest to progress and gain points. This while a VR1 has all content ahead of him, and the same amount of points. It doesn't add up. Hope I'm missing something?

I agree that the lack of solo alternatives is an issue. If someone is VR 10, he has nothing to do. AVA wont work as he is too weak, Dungeons with the LFG bug problematic and Wrothgar is not in sight yet.

But I am asking you this, how would we help those players if we now give them 60 CP? They still wont have content, they still cant progress further right?

I think that the best advice to those is a reroll or spending some time on an alt. As a Casual they will have several free slots still and once they leveled those up to VR 10 Wrothgar might already be there with the removal of VR rankings.

That said, we still don't know enough about 1.6 to make such assumptions. Maybe the Justice System will offer solo quest chains, maybe they add new quests for solo players in Crag ... We need to wait another week at least.

in response to the bold:

to simplify the situation lets jsut say that the max level atm is VR12 and 30 CP is the same as one VR. well if a VR10 has 60 CP that would roughly equate to them being a baseline VR12 (not better, just fresh meat).

it still comes down for me that they said they were tracking experience. when CS was announced i figured id just alt, when they announced they would track experience i figured id continue on with gold and silver, now half way through silver and VR7, i find out i should have just played my alts. i don't care about the perceived power, i am already behind the curve. i do mind being told one thing so i play with that in mind, then find out months later, they changed their minds.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options