The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What happened to " we will track your exp earned " ????( Gina Bruno answered this 12/28/2014)

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »
    To those of you thinking a v14 char with 30 CP is in anyway on par to a v1 with 30 CP

Learn to math pl0x, and realize all your "achievements" are not "wasted"

V14 perks
    - 13 additional skill points
    - 13 additional attribute points
    - Higher softcaps
    - Gear several tiers higher, with stat adjustments that are not only significant, but massively significant, especially in categories like weapon power and armor rating. Go compare a v1 staff with a v14 staff right now and tell me they are even in the same league.
    - Completion potentially of Silver + Gold netting another 40 skill points from Skyshards (even just doing Cadwells quests alone and ignoring the rest of the zone, you will gain more than 15 SPs)
    - Many more completed skills lines than any V1 ever could have done by this point
    - Additional Skyshards/SPs from Vet Dungeons, Group dungeon challenges, and Craglorn
    - Mages/Undaunted rep (more lorebooks to hit rank 10 mages, more vet dungeons achieves/pledges done for Undaunted.

You cant simply say that just because you have 30 CP in common that the two are in any way on par with each other. I mean seriously, V1 toons usually dont even have all their CLASS skill lines 100% done yet, much less anything beyond that.

Can you spend as much time questing, as you do doing repeatable content? I, and many others, can't.

It's not our achievements. It's our ability to do content.
    If you are V1 with 30 CPs, you will have entire silver and gold to earn further CPs. In my case, I am perfectly capable of doing quests hour after hour. They are not repetitive and offer a nice peek into lore, NPCs and their stories and similar. I, and probably many others, can do this kind of gaming without much fuss. So, I quest, earn CPs and level my Vet rank.
    If you are V14 with silver and gold content finished, your are left with repeatable quests to earn further CPs. So, you do repeatable content and earn CPs.

In the time that it took that V1 to get to V14, who managed to accumulate more CPs? Or do both of us have more or less the same amount of CPs?
    This is the most important question. They implemented this 30 CPs for every Vet char so lower Vet players would not feel underpowered or underleveled. What if I manage to accumulate much more CPs due to me being able to play longer as I am playing quests, than you who has only repeatable content and are not able to play as much as I do? Simply because questing is leap and bounds ahead of repeatable content, when it comes to having fun or playing a lot.
    So, after a while I, who started with Vet1 and gifted 30 CPs, will be ahead of you, who started as Vet14.

The XP you gain from quests is finite. The XP you gain from repeatables is not.

The easy XP might get you a few points up early, but in the end, I was able to do my repeatables faster because I was stronger and could grind more efficiently.

Balances out in the long run.

Seems to me a lot of people are assuming v14 is vanishing when this launches, rest assured its not. Us at the endgame already are going to be able to go grind zombies and spellscar and generate XP faster than you ever could questing, in other words.
    Edited by Rylana on December 29, 2014 11:22AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those of you thinking a v14 char with 30 CP is in anyway on par to a v1 with 30 CP

V14 perks
    - Higher softcaps
    - Gear several tiers higher, with stat adjustments that are not only significant, but massively significant, especially in categories like weapon power and armor rating. Go compare a v1 staff with a v14 staff right now and tell me they are even in the same league.
    - Completion potentially of Silver + Gold netting another 40 skill points from Skyshards (even just doing Cadwells quests alone and ignoring the rest of the zone, you will gain more than 15 SPs)
    - Many more completed skills lines than any V1 ever could have done by this point
    - Additional Skyshards/SPs from Vet Dungeons, Group dungeon challenges, and Craglorn
    - Mages/Undaunted rep (more lorebooks to hit rank 10 mages, more vet dungeons achieves/pledges done for Undaunted.

You cant simply say that just because you have 30 CP in common that the two are in any way on par with each other. I mean seriously, V1 toons usually dont even have all their CLASS skill lines 100% done yet, much less anything beyond that.

Your math fails to take into account the progression of that vr1 character. When he reaches Vr14 he will have more CPs then a guy vr14 atm. Why? Because Zos decided to ignore all the experience we had to grind to get from vr1 to vr14. Why they did that? I don't know... Too lazy to do really simple, 4th grade math?
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

V14 perks
    - Higher softcaps

Can you spend as much time questing, as you do doing repeatable content? I, and many others, can't.

If you are V1 with 30 CPs, you will have entire silver and gold to earn further CPs. In my case, I am perfectly capable of doing quests hour after hour. They are not repetitive and offer a nice peek into lore, NPCs and their stories and similar. I, and probably many others, can do this kind of gaming without much fuss. So, I quest, earn CPs and level my Vet rank.
    If you are V14 with silver and gold content finished, your are left with repeatable quests to earn further CPs. So, you do repeatable content and earn CPs.

In the time that it took that V1 to get to V14, who managed to accumulate more CPs? Or do both of us have more or less the same amount of CPs?
    This is the most important question. They implemented this 30 CPs for every Vet char so lower Vet players would not feel underpowered or underleveled. What if I manage to accumulate much more CPs due to me being able to play longer as I am playing quests, than you who has only repeatable content and are not able to play as much as I do? Simply because questing is leap and bounds ahead of repeatable content, when it comes to having fun or playing a lot.
    So, after a while I, who started with Vet1 and gifted 30 CPs, will be ahead of you, who started as Vet14.

The easy XP might get you a few points up early, but in the end, I was able to do my repeatables faster because I was stronger and could grind more efficiently.

Seems to me a lot of people are assuming v14 is vanishing when this launches, rest assured its not. Us at the endgame already are going to be able to go grind zombies and spellscar and generate XP faster than you ever could questing, in other words.

Really? Grinding? That's the answer? You don't really understand what I wrote, do you?
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

V14 perks
    - Higher softcaps

Your math fails to take into account the progression of that vr1 character. When he reaches Vr14 he will have more CPs then a guy vr14 atm. Why? Because Zos decided to ignore all the experience we had to grind to get from vr1 to vr14. Why they did that? I don't know... Too lazy to do really simple, 4th grade math?

Youre missing what im saying

1.6 launches

Player X is a v14 with everything done + 30 CP

Player Y is a v1 with nothing past coldharbor done and 30 CP

In one month, who will be ahead of who?

My answer is player X, because he is so far ahead of v1 right now in power that he will breeze through whatever is in front of him, as slowpoke plugs through on-par questing to catch up. By the time V1 gets to v14 and collects those CP, v14 will already have collected as much or more.

Also note for the record I have three v14 chars, a v6 char, and several lowbies. Come check back with me a month after 1.6 launches and compare me to a toon that was v1 on the day it was pushed. Ill even use the NB which has already done pretty much everything in the game except fishing and collections achievements (and a few others, randomly around in there)
    Edited by Rylana on December 29, 2014 11:37AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about pledges, dungeons, DSA, trials, PvP, all that sort of stuff? You do those right? And those give EXP, right? And ZoS is rebalancing EXP rewards of everything in preparation of the Champion system, riiiiight?

See what I'm getting at?

Who told you they are doing that? ZOS?

Is it the same ZOS that told us they were tracking EXP? Just making sure.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the process is fair (especially regarding the oppotunity to collect XP from Gold and Silver quests) but hey ... no point in shouting that loudly everywhere people...

Remember when max rank was raised from 12 to 14 ? Many of you/us managed to collect enough XP to jump the two vet levels in less than 24 hours. Remember Hircine ? Remember the giant scorpio ? Even some of those who still had quests available did it that way...

I still hope that ZOS will provide us with more "intelligent" ways of collecting XP for CP, but we'll find a way no matter what.

At the bottom line, everyone who worked hard to be ahead with XP will manage to be ahead with CP , one way or the other.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

V14 perks
    - Higher softcaps

Yup the CP from doing all the quests from VR1-10 is 22.5 if done with no enlightenment bonus up to 90 points, if it is entirely done with enlightenment bonus.

So that whole we have done the content already argument is for 22.5-90 points (and 90 is for those that do it very very slowly indeed). A pitiful amount when it goes up to 3600 points to obtain.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »

V14 perks
    - Higher softcaps

Yup the CP from doing all the quests from VR1-10 is 22.5 if done with no enlightenment bonus up to 90 points, if it is entirely done with enlightenment bonus.

So that whole we have done the content already argument is for 22.5-90 points (and 90 is for those that do it very very slowly indeed). A pitiful amount when it goes up to 3600 points to obtain.

Hence why, although such complaints are technically valid, people who complain about it seem remarkably frugal. All the same it's in ZoS's best interests to pacify the lowest common denominator, for the sake of ESO.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

V14 perks
    - Higher softcaps

So why not give Vet14 those 22.5 points? Or even 90?
    Edited by Razzak on December 29, 2014 12:25PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenimax, you, you took away the sneak speeds i had with that the armor on my v14 nightblade,
    and here yet again you take away my ability to earn new champion points honestly and ligitamately on my v14 because i allready completed all the quests in all 3 alliances in the silver and gold rewards quests ect ect.

thats spitting in my face twice now!
    i dont like how you have treated me, i do not like what you are doing here. i do not like being treated like crap and garbage.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

V14 perks
    - Higher softcaps

Youre missing what im saying

1.6 launches

Player X is a v14 with everything done + 30 CP

Player Y is a v1 with nothing past coldharbor done and 30 CP

In one month, who will be ahead of who?

My answer is player X, because he is so far ahead of v1 right now in power that he will breeze through whatever is in front of him, as slowpoke plugs through on-par questing to catch up. By the time V1 gets to v14 and collects those CP, v14 will already have collected as much or more.

Also note for the record I have three v14 chars, a v6 char, and several lowbies. Come check back with me a month after 1.6 launches and compare me to a toon that was v1 on the day it was pushed. Ill even use the NB which has already done pretty much everything in the game except fishing and collections achievements (and a few others, randomly around in there)

Oh, I will be ahead as well, don't worry about that. My problem is, ZoS is breaking their own system before releasing it.... Creating exceptions to a rule.

1 Cp is awarded per a certain amount of exp. Vr14s have a lot more exp stored then a vr1, so they should start with more CPs, it is simple math.

If Zos thinks following the RULES of the champion System would create an imbalance, then they should review the champion system instead of creating stupid exceptions to the rules that only serve to cause problems and lose as the few precious players we still have. I am in several large guilds in NA and there's been a lot of talk about unsubscribing.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

V14 perks
    - Higher softcaps

So why not give Vet14 those 22.5 points? Or even 90?

I'm all for that, I'd probably cap it at 22.5 though (as 90 would only be super casuals, that probably ain't anywhere near completing gold yet). I'm just fed up of all the tantrums and threats to quit. If people lower their demands, they are more likely to be met.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the process is fair (especially regarding the oppotunity to collect XP from Gold and Silver quests) but hey ... no point in shouting that loudly everywhere people...

Remember when max rank was raised from 12 to 14 ? Many of you/us managed to collect enough XP to jump the two vet levels in less than 24 hours. Remember Hircine ? Remember the giant scorpio ? Even some of those who still had quests available did it that way...

I still hope that ZOS will provide us with more "intelligent" ways of collecting XP for CP, but we'll find a way no matter what.

At the bottom line, everyone who worked hard to be ahead with XP will manage to be ahead with CP , one way or the other.

It will be grind grind grind since there is no new playable content on 1.6. I guess it is ok since several skills are being changed and reset and I bet they are not going to come to us leveled, even if they are replacing skills you already had fully leveled!
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said they were tracking EXP months ago when details were not yet finalised. They said they're overhauling EXP in the same episode they said all VRs will get 30 CP.
    Months later the moment when they said they will be overhauling something will be months ago. So? The point is, I am not sure their words can be trusted.

Also, even if they rescale EXP, will they take into account preparation time? Cuz you know, sometimes you spend hours to get potions so you can run trials. Will they take into account that we get tired of repeatable content?
    Cuz they need to balance EXP/hour carefully.

Will they take into account that we shouldn't be on an even ground after they finally remove veteran ranks? I really doubt their competence now, they repeat the same mistake again: we've already seen this with Undaunted skill line. And there, it was so easy to convert achievements into skill line exp - they didn't even have to track anything, the achievement system has taken care of this already.

Even now, quest trackers in achievements say how many quests we have done. They could at least compensate that EXP if they can't track EXP gained while grinding, repeating dungeons etc.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on December 29, 2014 8:19PM
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Also, even if they rescale EXP, will they take into account preparation time? Cuz you know, sometimes you spend hours to get potions so you can run trials. Will they take into account that we get tired of repeatable content?
    Cuz they need to balance EXP/hour carefully.

It's called the Enlightenment system. Your EXP gain increases by up to 4X whenever you're not actively earning EXP. That includes wandering in Cyrodiil, chatting in zone, etc.
    Will they take into account that we shouldn't be on an even ground after they finally remove veteran ranks? I really doubt their competence now, they repeat the same mistake again: we've already seen this with Undaunted skill line. And there, it was so easy to convert achievements into skill line exp - they didn't even have to track anything, the achievement system has taken care of this already.

I too have little confidence they'll get it right the first time, but the point is they're on the right track and we can expect changes to move things in the right direction.
    Even now, quest trackers in achievements say how many quests we have done. They could at least compensate that EXP if they can't track EXP gained while grinding, repeating dungeons etc.

Go vote in my poll about this subject.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on December 29, 2014 12:43PM
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    Audigy wrote: »
    We made Rank 14 at Vanilla WOW, it took a long time and a few weeks later everyone and his cat could get the title.

EA made a server move at SWTOR, thousands of players lost their legacy, guild and char names - no compensation ever.

But were you stripped of the rank and had to get it again?
    Is a guild or char name comparable with months of progress?

as a matter of fact in WoW when you got PvP rank 14 you had to keep that rank in order to purchase the rank 14 gear . if you lost that rank before buying all of your classes rank 14 gear you had to go and regain rank 14 in order to finish buying it . you could continue to use the gear after buying it and losing rank 14 , but you had to be rank 14 to buy it.
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    Or an ingenious way to retain players that would otherwise leave?

Do you truly believe that, or consider such a ploy (sarcastically or not) to be "ingenious"?

This is starting to smell like a conspiracy theory.

Hail Xenu

I don't think it's too far fetched. Players knowing that nothing they do for the next few months will matter can't be too good for business.
    Edited by Chillic on December 29, 2014 12:59PM
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so how i understand Zenimax dont track the EXP after VR14 anymore. As a VR14 Character, i think i can live with that, because this "Tracking" cause more Problems to the "Balance" through grinding etc, than anything else.

But as i understand this Infos right, a VR14 Player dont get EXP/CPs for anything he has done after VR1+ to VR14 before 1.6 Comes out? If this is right then it isnt fair to any VR1+ to VR14 Character, who done the Questlines and Archievements.

As i understand this right, every VR1 Character can get EXP/CPs through Quests after 1.6 and every VR14 can get EXP/CPs through Dailys/Grinding/Trials for an Example, thats ok for me.

But why a VR14 dont get any EXP/CPs for Quests/Archievements after VR1+ to VR14, he has done? That isnt a fair Thing, we dont talk over Peanuts here. This was a lot of Time for every VR1+ to VR14 Player, to finish them.

I understand that this "Tracking" EXP after VR14 causes technical Problems but it cant be a Problem to sight the Archievements/Quests that a Character have done after VR1+, if the 1.6 hits the Liveserver. It is the same System that a VR1+ Character will use after 1.6 hits the Server to determine his Points for Archievements/Quests.

This isnt a fair Option for every Character who earned more than VR1+, and i hope i missunderstood something, or missread something about this Changes :\ .

So to the End, my Line of Sight is give the VR14 Players all the EXP in CP for Quests/Archievements that they have earned, thats the same that a new VR1 Character can earn.

Zenimax, you want a fair Start to all Players and not only to all new VR1 Characters, or not?
    Edited by Murmeltier on December 29, 2014 1:34PM
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭

V14 perks
    - Higher softcaps

I wonder how many champion points will be acquired for completing Silver and Gold after 1.6. Cause me completing it already isn't giving ***. Oh, those extra skill points.... are still available in my pool. The point is a Vet 1 will still get all of the above plus the champ points for doing the content after 1.6 is out while I have no quests to do at all. I am not worried about being on par with anyone but being out of content with no compensation..... is ***.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    We made Rank 14 at Vanilla WOW, it took a long time and a few weeks later everyone and his cat could get the title.

EA made a server move at SWTOR, thousands of players lost their legacy, guild and char names - no compensation ever.

But were you stripped of the rank and had to get it again?
    Is a guild or char name comparable with months of progress?

Rank 14 was a huge thing in Vanilla WOW, I gained it twice and as someone said before at first you had to keep the rank to use the gear, which was changed a bit later, like the ability to have 3-4 Rank 14s and not just one every week.

But what I was referring to is being a Rank 14 by skill, by actual combat and not by just being afk in a battleground like it was towards the end of Vanilla, where lots of people used bots to farm "XP" in BGs.

As a whole you might be able to say that 100 players on EA, NA put in the effort, while maybe 10.000 didn't and still got the title, mounts and transmog weapons.

This wasn't fun, but it is what MMOs are about. Nothing is forever and things will change again and again all the time. You need to live the moment, I had my fair share as Rank 14 and even went to smaller tournaments and later joined a "professional" guild because of it. Sure it was annoying to see people with the title who didn't deserve it, but that's life.

You were able to experience VR 14, maybe you were one of the first in Craglorn or the leader in a trial ladder. Look positive about these things and try to accept that the XP you gathered only grants you those 30 CP.

As for the names,

yes its a big deal for a Roleplayer. My whole legacy with several chars was screwed as I couldn't use the names anymore that I entered in early access. I later checked who had my names and it was a guy who started playing SWTOR several months after me.

Needless to say I never touched SWTOR ever again and so did many others who were screwed.

If the situation at ESO is bad for you then you have to leave the game, just like I did at SWTOR. Its not on me to decide how bad it is for you, to not get more CPs - to me its not a big deal, its also not a big deal if I don't get the 30 at all, but losing a char name would be.

Its your choice. :)
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays, and we'll see you in the new year. :)

I, like a large number of us, like to hop on the opportunity to point out (loudly, in frustration, and most of the time in all caps, :wink: ) something we see is contradictory to what we were informed of and were expecting by/from ZOS. I included myself in there because I always pointed out that we were told we could play how we wanted to play. Which I found out is true, just it may not be effective. Which is a totally different story. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, I like to be informed though. I like it when you are open about the changes your making, the status on things being developed and even your thoughts on a direction you may be taking things not set in stone. I :awesome: YOU ZENIMAX. don't you ever change... on how you give out information.
    Edited by Milf_Hero on December 29, 2014 1:25PM
    You name it, and ill kill it.
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the situation at ESO is bad for you then you have to leave the game, just like I did at SWTOR. Its not on me to decide how bad it is for you, to not get more CPs - to me its not a big deal, its also not a big deal if I don't get the 30 at all, but losing a char name would be.

Its your choice. :)

I have unsubbed and will stop playing if nothing changes. To me losing progress is quite severe, no matter if mmo or single player game.
    I just dislike repeating things and that's what zenimax expects us to do to get CP. I just wish I had started the game half a year later, then I'd be perfectly happy with it. But as it is I just feel screwed...

Perhaps returning in half a year I'll get everything handed to me for minimum effort and a maximum of fun.
    Edited by Kaliki on December 29, 2014 1:33PM
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone assuming that VR14s who've done Cadwell's Gold will have nothing to gain EXP from? ZoS even stated that they envision everyone regardless of level to gain EXP/CP at about the same rate. Remember there's a lot being changed here, including EXP rewards...

Because the game does not contain any solo pve content at the endgame what so ever.

The entire cp system should be set on hold until Wrotgard is ready for release.
    This is something I would like someone at ZOS to address -- sure, they will be adjusting XP rewards so that different types of content give similar amounts of XP, but for someone who has done all of Cadwell's, the Solo PvE stuff is all used up and cannot be done again. A VR1 who still has all of it to do can get all the CPs that come from its XPs, but a VR10+ who has completed it cannot. There is no more Solo PvE until Wrothgar, so where are the players who completed Cadwell's going to get their CPs from?

The answer "by doing PVP/Pledges/Craglorn" is invalid, as that is not Solo PvE content, which is what this question is about.

(Although I would be interested to know what these players are doing right now if they've already finished Cadwell's.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    some of us have a sub or unsub decision resting on this being answered.

If your decision to sub or unsub rests on this issue alone, it sounds like you don't like the game enough to stay long term anyway. If you didn't quit over this it would be the next minor "catastrophe".
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Why is everyone assuming that VR14s who've done Cadwell's Gold will have nothing to gain EXP from? ZoS even stated that they envision everyone regardless of level to gain EXP/CP at about the same rate. Remember there's a lot being changed here, including EXP rewards...

Because the game does not contain any solo pve content at the endgame what so ever.

The entire cp system should be set on hold until Wrotgard is ready for release.
    This is something I would like someone at ZOS to address -- sure, they will be adjusting XP rewards so that different types of content give similar amounts of XP, but for someone who has done all of Cadwell's, the Solo PvE stuff is all used up and cannot be done again. A VR1 who still has all of it to do can get all the CPs that come from its XPs, but a VR10+ who has completed it cannot. There is no more Solo PvE until Wrothgar, so where are the players who completed Cadwell's going to get their CPs from?

The answer "by doing PVP/Pledges/Craglorn" is invalid, as that is not Solo PvE content, which is what this question is about.

(Although I would be interested to know what these players are doing right now if they've already finished Cadwell's.)

We are doing trials and PvP which is the only late game content we have available. PvP doesn't give enough exp, never did, likely never will. And trials... man, it gets tiring... My guild is so tired of doing AA we started doing silly things to entertain our selves... Horse race on the jump, go with only one healer, full dk raid, full sorc raid, full templar raid... yeah... we are bored >.>

OS is still fun though... Damn hard fights :p
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    What people fail to realize is that everything could still change. As of now it sounds like they are going a different direction with the removal of the Veteran Ranks and Champion Points, but by the time that patch comes out they could have changed course again and award us some points. They are still tracking the XP at least.

Personally I think they will end up tossing us some Champion Points for our efforts when all is said and done. But honestly, by the time that rolls around we will all have forgotten about it and the number of points won't really matter too much.
  • Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
    "If you like your exp, you can keep it".

Thanks Obama!
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    "If you like your exp, you can keep it".

Thanks Obama!

thats good for a chuckle
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, how is a more causal player with only one V14, suppose to gain CP in 1.6?

I'm not worried for myself. I have one of each class at level cap. I still have thousands of quest to do, even have Cadwells gold and entire maps left on some characters.

But a less "hardcore" player that didn't speed grind alts to level cap, well, they seem a bit screwed lol. At least if they want to do quest to progress and gain points. This while a VR1 has all content ahead of him, and the same amount of points. It doesn't add up. Hope I'm missing something?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remain baffled as to why ZOS did not implement a system where you receive X number of Champion Points depending on how much of the 13,000,000 XP needed to reach VR14 which you have earned.

ZOS knows the exact ratio of CP to XP, be it 1 CP for every 250,000 XP or whatever it is. It is very easy to reward players the number of CPs they have earned based on the current unenlightened VR level progression. In my example above, players could earn 52 CPs if they were VR14 come 1.6 launch day. If the ratio is 1 CP for every 500,000 XP, then that is 26 CPs. With 3600 points in the system, both of those numbers are exceptionally small.

The above system is fair (well, more fair than the current system of 30 CPs for all VR players). If ZOS wants to reward players for reaching VR1 by giving them 10 or 30 or whatever number of CPs, then that's fine. They just need to do it both at and after the 1.6 launch day. ZOS should not punish the players that hit VR1 the day after 1.6 launches compared to those players that hit it the day before. Nor should ZOS reward VR1 players the same as VR14 players. There is nothing fair about that given the time and effort it takes to progress from VR1 to VR14.