Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

What happened to " we will track your exp earned " ????( Gina Bruno answered this 12/28/2014)

• Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nijjion wrote: »
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Everyone! They have changed their position on this. It's much better now. Go check out:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145544/feedback-to-the-champion-system#latesthttp://

That literarly changes nothing, and I mean nothing.

They could give us 30 or 70 champ points or even none at the start really. Changes did nothing.

Why?
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't really mean nothing.

At the very least it means that they listened to concerns about the progression in the game that would otherwise have been lost.

However, we will have to wait to 1.7 and the complete removal of VR to see how significant an extra 40 CP might be.

This is just round 1. The end of the beginning :)

It will all take off again when we see how they want to implement all aspects of scaling - zone levels, mobs, gear progression, crafting - in a VR free world.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Progression still is lost, it would take 50 years to max out the CS at the current conversion rate of one year's worth of playtime to less than 2% progression.

Just because it's a better deal doesn't make it a good one.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you see people are complaining this makes vr14 op now. Lol good gracious
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone heard anything else regarding 1.6 and player levels ???
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Progression still is lost, it would take 50 years to max out the CS at the current conversion rate of one year's worth of playtime to less than 2% progression.

I agree that progression may be lost for some v14 that has been here since release and may have racked up way more than 70 CPs, but at least most are content that they are being compensated for the levels they reached.

Having 70 CPs out of 3600 (???) at the start is a non issue in terms of the time it will take to complete it. As you mention, it will take a few to several years to completely max it out with the current max champion points you can invest in. But does it matter? No since the latter points you add to a passive will not give significant value to the passives due to diminishing returns and as Maria put it "it would take a really really long time".

Do we need to be max Cps a couple months after it's released?
    No, and maxing out champions points should not be the goal of players. There will be other contents that will be implemented, pvp and pve endgame added later, which I'm sure players will focus on instead (while having the benefit of gaining CPs as an added bonus).
    Edited by Qyrk on January 11, 2015 4:26AM
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping my dps build stays viable and does the same damage as before
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    So a vr14 will get 70 CP (max.), so far so good.. ..but...

How much are 70 CP out of total obtainable CP?
    Isn't 30 or 70 not so much of a difference when you see it in a brighter light?
    Didn't the old quote: "we will track further XP" refer to "invisible" XP after vr 14?
    I still feel unenlighted :neutral_face:
    I think they tracked nothing and that this 70 CP are just some old left christmas cookies, expiration day: 01-15-2015

i think they did track the experience. the problem was that the game wasn't designed initially for people to have CPs to farm. so people got vr14 rinsed and repeated til they had 8 vr14s. thats a LOT of experience. i don't think it would have been a 1k CP conversion (too lazy to do the actual math) but it woulda been high. what i think they should have committed to was simply telling us they were only converting experience gains from 1-14.
    IMO, if you do tweak the leveling system by modificating it too often, you (snip's) up! :-(

In june 2014 we already were complaining about the supplementary VR 1-14 grind and now we get a 3600 CP grind which we start at 70 CP :blush:

I can live with it but I still think they created too much so far. The leveling system is the structure behind the game. If you change it too often you..

the EQ AA system was similar, and was great. it tended to be more of an background thing most of the time, since it wasn't too bad of a grind to do especially at higher levels. when it was introduced it seemed like a lot to me as well, and was a bit overwhelmed especially since leveling was already a long process. it worked great though, and i enjoyed it. hopefully they will add titles to the champion system too.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    So a vr14 will get 70 CP (max.), so far so good.. ..but...

How much are 70 CP out of total obtainable CP?
    Isn't 30 or 70 not so much of a difference when you see it in a brighter light?
    Didn't the old quote: "we will track further XP" refer to "invisible" XP after vr 14?
    I still feel unenlighted :neutral_face:
    I think they tracked nothing and that this 70 CP are just some old left christmas cookies, expiration day: 01-15-2015

i think they did track the experience. the problem was that the game wasn't designed initially for people to have CPs to farm. so people got vr14 rinsed and repeated til they had 8 vr14s. thats a LOT of experience. i don't think it would have been a 1k CP conversion (too lazy to do the actual math) but it woulda been high. what i think they should have committed to was simply telling us they were only converting experience gains from v1-14, nothing more.
    IMO, if you do tweak the leveling system by modificating it too often, you (snip's) up! :-(

In june 2014 we already were complaining about the supplementary VR 1-14 grind and now we get a 3600 CP grind which we start at 70 CP :blush:

I can live with it but I still think they created too much so far. The leveling system is the structure behind the game. If you change it too often you..

the EQ AA system was similar, and was great. there is also a bit of rift's soul tree, which isn't bad either. it tended to be more of a background thing most of the time, since it wasn't too bad of a grind to do especially at higher levels (1 AA point = experience needed to level 49-50). when it was introduced it seemed like a lot to me as well, and was a bit overwhelmed especially since leveling was already a long process. it worked great though, and i enjoyed it. hopefully they will add titles to the champion system too.

over all the thing to keep in mind, is the CPs are account bound. i do feel bad for two types-PVPers and power grinders. they will probably lose most with this replacement system, at least short term. the power gamers may be upset that they only get 70, but it is for the whole account and not just per toon (which i prefer). i don't intend to defend ZoS, just their concept.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some insightful posts on this thread. They need to hire us
    Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »

I agree that progression may be lost for some v14 that has been here since release and may have racked up way more than 70 CPs, but at least most are content that they are being compensated for the levels they reached.

Having 70 CPs out of 3600 (???) at the start is a non issue in terms of the time it will take to complete it. As you mention, it will take a few to several years to completely max it out with the current max champion points you can invest in. But does it matter? No since the latter points you add to a passive will not give significant value to the passives due to diminishing returns and as Maria put it "it would take a really really long time".

Do we need to be max Cps a couple months after it's released?
    No, and maxing out champions points should not be the goal of players. There will be other contents that will be implemented, pvp and pve endgame added later, which I'm sure players will focus on instead (while having the benefit of gaining CPs as an added bonus).

well then by all means
    tell me what i should and shouldnt do to play the game i pay for.
    guess thats asking to much from the devs themselves.
    forget that play anyway you want nonsense

still grateful to have real developers and not trash like bungievision gimmick garbage.
    Edited by Naivefanboi on January 12, 2015 5:36PM
    Options