Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In-Progress Known Issues

• Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Bangkorai quest completion achievement? Guildies confirm Shadowfen is not bugged, and the only thing stands between players and becoming a hero of Tamriel is Bangkorai.

**Edit**

Received response from CS.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Elder Scrolls online Customer Support team!

I apologise for the issues you are having with the Bangkorai Achievement.

There is an issue with this quest achievement bugging and showing more quest than necessary. According to what we have here you should have been rewarded this achievement. If you still do not have it in your journal please let me know as we are addressing unregistered achievements in an upcoming patch.

In the meantime please try to continue on with the game and increase your veteran rank by exploring the other regions.

If there is anything further I can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Divines guide you, friend!
    Conor
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    Edited by Aeradon on May 21, 2014 1:19PM
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    Haha! Ok, how about it will be coming shortly? :)

we all LONG for it to be out shortly.How tall is shortly?
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed is that the forgotten crypts group challenge where you have to survive the kwama infestation,does not grant the achievement and skillpoint upon completion.(or is it that you should survive it:without dying once?then it might be working as intended)I'll link to a topic that i've found about it ,so i'm not the only one with this issue:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66020/forgotten-crypts-group-challenge-not-offering-skill-point-achievement

Then there is 'School Daze' the pond riddle.
    while i've been able to complete it by alot of patience and touching none of the podiums,waiting until someone else spawned the crocodile.
    I have the impression it punishes co operation since random players on the same quest can block your progress with the pond riddle if they start touching the podiums in a random order while you are on it
    there is also a topic about this:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/63250/school-daze/p1

Edited by Tipsy on May 21, 2014 6:47AM
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I expect it to hit live in 1-2 weeks. Just please do not release a bugy/exploitable Craglorn. What then will happen the test server crowd farm the living daylights out of it, and then it gets hardmode nerfed, and the rest of us is left behind in the dust. There are many many many that are far from VR10, and will take weeks to get there for many. So please make sure its solid before releasing it, but I must honestly say I am a bit worried, based on ESO release bugs/exploits...
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kingslayer wrote: »
    When is the next patch can we have a day?. Its obviously going to be extended maintenance.

I don't even think THEY have an exact date yet. I just hope it's really soon.
    Edited by Slash8915 on May 21, 2014 8:25AM
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    Kingslayer wrote: »
    When is the next patch can we have a day?. Its obviously going to be extended maintenance.

I don't even think THEY have an exact date yet. I jut hope it's really soon.

Yeah, I'm sure they're pushing as hard as they can for a release build :).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that helps a little. :)

http://semver.org/ will give you a better understanding of a similar versioning scheme for people who still have questions. Basically, you'll probably find that the second adventure zone will be first in the 1.2.x line. 2.x.x would probably be an engine overhaul etc. Where I work we have been at 4.5.x for some years now, despite [literally] hundreds of releases since 4.5.0.

Thanks for acknowledging the Cyrodiil issue @ZOS_GinaBruno - it made a lot of people in my guild extremely happy to hear there's light at the end of the tunnel. Suddenly everyone's demonstrating a little more humor when they do run into the issue.

A lot of the "silent masses" really appreciate this level of transparency you are trying in posts like this. It's awesome that we have another developer who isn't scared to share their plans ahead of time. Don't let the haters get you down - they are just more vocal. Please keep doing it!
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    Any news about the pathetic combat animations? It seems a 10 years ago game.
  • RobShu
    RobShu
    ✭✭✭
    It would be REALLY nice if you could update us on the bot situation, because it is getting out of hand, especially in the starter zones. I have played this game since beta, pre-ordered, and kept my sub despite the bugs and bots issues, thinking that MAYBE something would be done about them in a month or so, but so far NOTHING has been done (at least as far as we can see anyways), and if anything, the bots are multiple times worse. Please give us an update, because I really feel like UN-subbing right now, due to the fact that I can't even play the game anymore without getting angrily frustrated every time I login and see these bots everywhere ,interfering with my quests and boss battles, and my ability to gather mats to craft myself better gear. I have been a TES fan since the days of Arena, and would keep my sub going for years to come, if I knew that something was being done about this, and that you really cared about your customer base, the die-hard TES fans. Please update us and let us know you're doing something about this? PLEASE?!? I really don't want to UN-sub.
    Edited by RobShu on May 21, 2014 4:12PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering how It's supposedly coming out tomorrow or the next day, but nobody on the ZoS staff has said anything? Not sure how legit that article is.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering how It's supposedly coming out tomorrow or the next day, but nobody on the ZoS staff has said anything? Not sure how legit that article is.

It was one of like six articles that came up on a google news search for Elder Scrolls Online, all saying the same thing. But yeah, I'm a little perplexed why we haven't been told yet.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

It was one of like six articles that came up on a google news search for Elder Scrolls Online, all saying the same thing. But yeah, I'm a little perplexed why we haven't been told yet.

All of these articles are reposting from he IGN article.

The IGN article is inaccurate. If you read wwhat Paul actually said, you can see that they just ASSUMED it would come out this week because of what Paul said about being in the 6th-7th week of the patch.

All Paul actually said was it's coming soon. The comment about the 6th-7th week was just him trying to assuage the concerns of falling behind on the 4-6 week goal.

The Devs said we'd get a release date for 1.2.1 early this week and we still haven't gotten that, so don't expect Craglorn this week.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »

The IGN article is inaccurate. If you read wwhat Paul actually said, you can see that they just ASSUMED it would come out this week because of what Paul said about being in the 6th-7th week of the patch.

All Paul actually said was it's coming soon. The comment about the 6th-7th week was just him trying to assuage the concerns of falling behind on the 4-6 week goal.

The Devs said we'd get a release date for 1.2.1 early this week and we still haven't gotten that, so don't expect Craglorn this week.

Actually... I believe they spoke of 1.1.2 first and ZoS said they hope to release it this Thursday or Friday. What Paul said, as IGN quoted, was referring to the next major update, 1.2, that should go into PBE soon after the release of Craglorn.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We can now confirm that our next patch with Craglorn will be coming tomorrow! Check out the details here: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/21/craglorn-launch-date-announcement
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How's this one rub you?
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/21/craglorn-launch-date-announcement
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

How's this one rub you?
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/21/craglorn-launch-date-announcement

Yeah sorry. Obviously I was totally wrong. :)
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭

How's this one rub you?

Yeah sorry. Obviously I was totally wrong. :)

Now choose. Hand or tongue?
  • LHJMHalmansb16_ESO
    while leveling don't repair just make a new set..... the latter is cheaper most of the time!
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    Hilgara wrote: »
    babylon wrote: »
    Nothing about adding the correct level of provisioning mats to vet level area containers?

Or fixing excessive gear repair costs in a game that forces grind at vet levels.

Or giving players a decent amount of space to store the stuff they need to craft with/research...not to mention lack of space for social things like pets/trophies/costumes.

Or fixing the broken container loot and the pointless diminishing returns and nerfed drop rates which does nothing to stop the bots (just punishes players), instead actually helps the bots sell more motifs and gold in a broke ass economy where nobody but the exploiters and people who buy from the bots can get the things they want?

All working as intended.

Repair costs.....don't die
    Inventory space.....buy more
    Container loot....hadn't noticed a change and motifs are cheap as chips on the market so just buy what you need.
    cheap as chips? most of the rare ones are now over 100k..if you can even find a seller that is , I havnt seen one for sale in over a week . you can bet the gold sellers and there 50k bots have them for sale on their websites though.

don't die? lol cost me to repair my gear even if I don't die. cost me 153 gold on one of mine the other day that I repaired before I logged out logged in to a bill...guess my toon went for a midnight stroll without me...
  • Sakulos
    Sakulos
    Soul Shriven
    What about moving EU megaserver to EU? You can not make horse out of goat. PvP guilds are leaving like rats from sinking ship. When this "After the initial launch phase is over, we will move the European megaserver to the European datacenter" became 2 months? Are you still launching your game?
    I'm enjoying it but when u gather 24 ppl to play in one time and place and then there is a massive lag, you just quit hoping for better days. US players may be happy, playing without latency, getting what they hoped the game will be. We are not in EU. All my friends are saying that you are simply waiting to see how many ppl will pay for another months to see if it's even worth it. You can wait and soon there will be no players i guarantee it.

Second problem is Dragonknight skill DARK TALONS, with ignores every immune to CC.
    Edited by Sakulos on May 22, 2014 7:54AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slantasiam wrote: »
    Hilgara wrote: »
    babylon wrote: »
    Nothing about adding the correct level of provisioning mats to vet level area containers?

Or fixing excessive gear repair costs in a game that forces grind at vet levels.

Or giving players a decent amount of space to store the stuff they need to craft with/research...not to mention lack of space for social things like pets/trophies/costumes.

Or fixing the broken container loot and the pointless diminishing returns and nerfed drop rates which does nothing to stop the bots (just punishes players), instead actually helps the bots sell more motifs and gold in a broke ass economy where nobody but the exploiters and people who buy from the bots can get the things they want?

All working as intended.

Repair costs.....don't die
    Inventory space.....buy more
    Container loot....hadn't noticed a change and motifs are cheap as chips on the market so just buy what you need.
    cheap as chips? most of the rare ones are now over 100k..if you can even find a seller that is , I havnt seen one for sale in over a week . you can bet the gold sellers and there 50k bots have them for sale on their websites though.
    Your choice, if you want to wear gear as some sort of badge for the e-peen value pay the price, it's optional to wear Daedric for example. :p

• Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭

[*] EU Server Lag – Some of you have been experiencing latency while playing on the European megaserver. This is something we are aware of and are actively investigating.

Let me help you with this. Move the server to Europe as it should have been since launch and it will improve by 400%
  • Xenrae
    Xenrae
    ✭✭
    Great. And thanks.

But nothing changes the fact that this game is in beta, or alpha, and we are all PAYING to test it for you. The arrogance required to release a game in this condition is staggering. And I just can't fanboi anymore.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    hajee wrote: »
    Thank you for your continued response to our concerns.

Um ...

@ZOS_GinaBruno THE MOONLIT PATH

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/86507/the-moonlit-path-blocking-progession#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/96991/patch-1-0-8-failed-to-fix-the-moonlit-path

BROKEN FOR WEEKS totally game-breaking as everyone it affects is blocked from Coldharbour DOESN'T GET A MENTION!

I know you say the list isn't exhaustive but if a game-breaking bug doesn't make it then W-T-F.

And LMAO: "A Walk Above the Clouds"

Clearly it's not broken for the flying bots.

We are currently testing a fix for that quest after we found that it was still having issues after patch 1.0.8. Once the fix is verified, we'll roll it out for everyone.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno STILL NOT FIXED IN 1.1.2.

W-T-F is going on with this?
  • Deadwards
    Deadwards
    Soul Shriven
    Ragefist wrote: »

[*] EU Server Lag – Some of you have been experiencing latency while playing on the European megaserver. This is something we are aware of and are actively investigating.

Let me help you with this. Move the server to Europe as it should have been since launch and it will improve by 400%

Its not in Europe? WTF? Im not a game designer and I would never in my wildest dreams think of trying to sell a game to EU but then have them connect across the fing world when connection is so key in a real-time game.. I hope your just ill informed.. i really do.

• robertlive2014
    robertlive2014
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having trouble finding the discussion thread for the latest patch notes, so please allow me to throw in my two-cents here about one of the changes that bothers me the most. I see in the patch notes that a couple of the skills hit by the Nerf Bat will refund the skill point(s) by default. While this may sound good to someone somewhere, it's really just obnoxious, especially to players who've reached VR10 and done around 1000 quests. It's not the skill points that matter here, it's the incredible about of experience points that it takes to level the skill, morph the skill, and then fully level it once again. Refunding skill points seems to suggest some sort of compensation for lost equity that is plain false.

• lotharlocnar_ESO
    I'm having trouble finding the discussion thread for the latest patch notes, so please allow me to throw in my two-cents here about one of the changes that bothers me the most. I see in the patch notes that a couple of the skills hit by the Nerf Bat will refund the skill point(s) by default. While this may sound good to someone somewhere, it's really just obnoxious, especially to players who've reached VR10 and done around 1000 quests. It's not the skill points that matter here, it's the incredible about of experience points that it takes to level the skill, morph the skill, and then fully level it once again. Refunding skill points seems to suggest some sort of compensation for lost equity that is plain false.

I see, so if a MMO company feels the failure of their devs to properly administer spells/skills to classes correctly at launch and YOU have made it to vr10 using these OP abilities YOU should keep them? Maybe I am not catching on to your dilemma.
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    So are the bugs getting fixed today or just the expansion being added? I truly need something to *** about.