Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forgotten Crypts Group Challenge Not Offering Skill Point & Achievement

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Has anyone else encountered the problem of not receiving the Skill Point or the Achievement for completing the Forgotten Crypts Group Challenge in Deshaan? You must wipe out four groups of Kwama and then defeat the three Kwama Guardians in order to complete it. I have defeated all of the Kwama and the Guardians multiple times but I have not received my rewards.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep i just came on the forums to report the same problem. I made sure everyone was in my group and that the whole room respawned and no achievement. If anyone knows the trick to it i would love to know!
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Alandauron
    Alandauron
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here, not able to get achievement or skill point. Did it twice to be sure.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I received an email from Support saying that I should try it again as the game is now live. So I did. Now when I go into the room, I cannot attack any of the four groups of kwama that trigger the guardians. This room is in worse shape now than it was before.

Update: I just piggybacked with some players who were able to trigger the kwama to fight and the issue still exists. We wiped out all of the kwama and easily defeated the three guardians. Still no achievement or skill point.
    Edited by LonePirate on April 4, 2014 1:38AM
  • kristiannyman88b16_ESO
    Same for me, cleared it serval times but I get no achievement.
  • OniMalkav
    OniMalkav
    Did twice just a moment ago and nothing
  • A247
    A247
    ✭✭
    I killed the guardians for the group challenge twice with my husband and we both didn't get the achievement.
  • phier817b14_ESO
    phier817b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem. I did it during early access and after launch, still no credit though.
  • paladin_66_ESO
    Yeah it is bugged. Done it about 8 times and nothing. Even done it completely solo with no assistance at any part, in groups, not grouped, etc.
  • Nabren
    Nabren
    Still having this issue on 4/13/2014. I killed the three guardians and did not receive an achievement or skill point
  • hr_alucard
    hr_alucard
    Soul Shriven
    is it still bugged?
  • Dimmur
    Dimmur
    ✭✭
    Just tried twice. Somehow bugged April 15.
    Edited by Dimmur on April 19, 2014 2:34AM
  • lalfier
    lalfier
    Soul Shriven
    is it still bugged after patch?
    "War, War never changes!"
  • Aevox
    Aevox
    I finally got completion and my skill point after completely soloing the four packs of little adds and soloing the 3 elite kwaamas. There was no one else in the room.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Aevox Glad to hear this is working for someone. Did you do this after the servers went back online after today's maintenance? Or did you complete this before the serves were taken off line?
  • Aevox
    Aevox
    It was completed about 3 hours ago, so after today's maintenance. Same thing worked for one of my friends.
  • ClikC
    ClikC
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged on EU. Solo'ed 3 times, no achievement/ skill point.
    ClikC - Insane Lockpicking Murderer.

Momento Mori. Troll Patrol. Exterminatus. SatGNU.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried this again on the NA server. Still no achievement or skill point. This is very weird.
  • Dimmur
    Dimmur
    ✭✭
    (Removed my outdated post. See the latest instead)
    Edited by Dimmur on April 19, 2014 2:33AM
  • paladin_66_ESO
    Tried it again today post patch. I was only one in the room the whole time. Killed every last thing myself...nothing.
  • Jaiim
    Jaiim
    I just tried it twice after this patch. The first attempt was completely solo, killed the kwama by myself and all three guardians pretty quickly using my Dragon Knight Standard and AOE damage. I got nothing. I decided to trigger it again and wait for someone to help since I had wasted my ult and couldn't build any more due to my high level. No one showed up, so I logged out, logged back in, it put me in another instance where I re-spawned the guardians and waited again. After a few minutes, a 2H user showed up; we did NOT group. We died on the first attempt, and succeeded on the second after respawning on the spot. That time, I got the achievement and skillpoint (finally).

I also noticed something VERY odd while I was in the room waiting for people to show up. There was some kind of phantom character silhouette stalking me in the room; I could see it moving around near the walls if I looked very carefully. It was almost invisible. It had no information when I aimed the crosshair at it. I saw one in both the instances I made my attempts in. GM? Bug? No idea.
  • lalfier
    lalfier
    Soul Shriven
    still bugged for me, tried 3 more times after patch, but no luck! :(
    "War, War never changes!"
  • Onikitsune
    Well, I finally got enough people to do it without dying today, and we discovered this was bugged after trying for about an hour. So yay...
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    Tried it yesterday as well and did it twice, no achievements or skill point. This is bugged.
  • Epkemon
    Epkemon
    Still bugged on EU, too.
    Do you know what it feels like to be aware of every star, every blade of grass? Yes. You do. You call it "opening your eyes again." But you do it for a moment. We have done it for eternity. No sleep, no rest, just endless... endless experience, endless awareness. Of everything. All the time. How we envy you, envy you! You build little worlds, little stories, little shells around your minds, and that keeps infinity at bay and allows you to wake up in the morning without screaming!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it makes a difference in which sequence you kill the four groups of kwama in the room before killing the guardians.

Given that some people claim they have received the achievement and skill point, it could be the type of situation where this achievement is on a timer like the vampire and werewolf spawns. Obviously, that should not be the case; yet if it is, then that may be an easier problem to address than it simply not working for so many people.
  • Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    I did the group achievements in The Vile Manse and Crimson Cove, no skill points.
    Got the achievements though.
  • paladin_66_ESO
    Anything today on this?
  • Dimmur
    Dimmur
    ✭✭
    I managed to do this yesterday. What was different from my earlier tries?
    -It was right after the maintenance
    -I did it fast (as I was overleveled)
    -I did not use ulti

My theory is that it either has to be done fast, while you still do most of the damage to all kwama yourself or it only works a while after any maintenance.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried this today (again), I made multiple tries on other days with no luck. Still bugged for me, no skill pt, no achievement.
  • ohmygodie
    ohmygodie
    ✭✭
    Same for us today : tried twice, 1st in a group of 3, then in a group of 4.
    4 groups of kwama died.
    3 big guys appeared and died.
    no reward.