The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Moonlit Path - Blocking Progession

RookBorn
RookBorn
✭✭
I don't know if anyone else is having this, but on the part of the quest where you go into the portal and you meet the Silvenar and the Green Lady, the Silvenar does not spawn and bugs the instance. It stops everyone from moving on.

Please fix quickly? It's pretty serious!
Khajiit Nightblade - V6
--The Brigade--
Biggest achievement so far - Veteran Area unlocked at 46
  • Elduith
    Elduith
    This is still not fixed, many there. Silvernaar is there, but no mobs.
    Be part of the wild, be part of the world!
  • Wyldberry
    Wyldberry
    no Mobs....
  • Dantargon
    Dantargon
    Soul Shriven
    no mobs...
  • Dantargon
    Dantargon
    Soul Shriven
    Why are major storyline quests not in individual phases? It would make the game so much more enjoyable and eliminate these contention issues...
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    still bugged
  • RookBorn
    RookBorn
    ✭✭
    I got past it a while ago... but I had to abandon the quest and come back later.

Try that, it might work!
    Khajiit Nightblade - V6
    --The Brigade--
    Biggest achievement so far - Veteran Area unlocked at 46
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged. 20 people standing in the room, no mobs. Zen is too busy chasing gold sellers to fix this one I suppose.
  • prophetykone
    This is getting to be seriously ridiculous. It is blocking all progression! PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY!
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mobs, about 20 of us just standing around....

Update: CS contacted me about my ticket, I got this...
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls OnlineTeam.

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your quest. With the new release there is the possibility that a couple of mudcrabs have gotten into our system. Thank you for bringing this quest to our attention.

Here are some troubleshooting tips that may help you as we work towards a more permanent solution. We recommend that you try the following:

•Type /reloadui in your chatbox, for graphics or user-interface issues

•Type /camp in your chatbox, which logs you out. Afterwards, exit out of the game and launcher, and wait 15 minutes before logging back in. You are performing a soft-reset which will reset the character instance information allowing the game to load properly.

•You can venture off to complete other quests, allowing time to pass and the greater possibility being able to interact with the NPC

•It is also possible that you can return with a party and attempt the quest with a fresh start (after sharing the quest via group tab)

•It is a good practice to record the name of the quest before abandoning. This allows for easier reacquisition of the quest later on if the quest giver is hard to find. A quick search or a trip to the forums can uncover problematic quest issues.

Any of these tips can apply to other quests or problems that you may have in the future.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Safe travels through Tamriel. And remember, what doesn't kill you gives you exp! Unless it's fishing, then it just gives you fish.

I do like how quick I get responses...but lately I've been having a ton of blocked progression / broken quests and I just get responses like this....
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on May 4, 2014 2:56PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • chrismattarrwb17_ESO
    Same Here.... And another 40 people standing there b*tching.
    Broken quest #18 so far, pretty damn annoying.
    Edited by chrismattarrwb17_ESO on May 8, 2014 8:29PM
  • falkynsub17_ESO
    Took the advice of someone who said they had brought a group through this broken quest earlier. Everyone got off the island across the bridge nearest the portal. The Green lady despawned and left the island empty and we all went back across and it worked: people appeared were defended and we all moved on. The hardest part was herding everyone off the island.
  • Sternenfunke
    same here here stay around 20 poeple but the green lady is not here ;( please fix ist, what brings the new update wih kargstein when people no richeet it, because the main story buugt please fix the hih end story main quest zenimax
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged ZOS! Both NPCs are here but no mobs attacking.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 13, 2014 7:01PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried telling the stupid people to leave the island, several didn't.
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Took the advice of someone who said they had brought a group through this broken quest earlier. Everyone got off the island across the bridge nearest the portal. The Green lady despawned and left the island empty and we all went back across and it worked: people appeared were defended and we all moved on. The hardest part was herding everyone off the island.

thank you this worked for us
  • Sparky1984
    Sparky1984
    Soul Shriven
    Still bugged
  • vdowizardb14_ESO
    vdowizardb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I was able to complete the quest using the following methodology:
    1. Have your Toon in the instance under the tree
    2. Quit the game
    3. Wait at least 15 minutes/I waited about 25 minutes
    4. Log in to the Game again
    5. The Werewolves started attacking once I logged in again and once they were killed I was able to speak with The Silvenar and The Green Lady and complete the quest.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still bugged, currently waiting to try the resetting instance method.

rip decibel
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just went at like 5 in the morning, no one there, instance all to myself. I had also already moved on, beat Molag bal, and continued on to Vet areas, before even remembering this quest was still in my log:)
  • Lox
    Lox
    ✭✭✭
    Still ongoing, ive been stuck here for about 4 days now. Logging in at different times, have reset the quest and tried various things, hasn't fixed it.
  • Isende
    Isende
    ✭✭
    still bugged. this is effin' amazing, zeni. really.
  • keithw2_ESO
    keithw2_ESO
    ✭✭
    I agree, very annoying that its taking this long to fix a bugged quest that has probably been reported so many times already over a long period of time.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're still trying to figure out the massive one where Molag Bal bugs out on the final fight...
  • RegularX
    RegularX
    Soul Shriven
    I'm bumping this solely because it has been an entire year since the last comment and the bug has been blocking me for days now. Every time I log in, I go to the area and there is a swarm of people waiting for something to happen.

This happened on two other previous quests for me as well. Exact same thing, log in and find a swarm of people. Spend days logging back into that character to see if the session is bugged again.

It seems like people keep saying someone is glitching the session, but no specifics on how that is actually happening.

• Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this on PC or console?
  • RegularX
    RegularX
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on console (PS4), but unless a very recent patch fixed it - which I can't seem to get any confirmation of ... it's all platforms that have the bug.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @RegularX,

The issue has been resolved on the PC but is currently occurring on both consoles. It will be fixed in our next incremental patch. We don't have an ETA to share just yet, but when a date is available we'll be sure to let everyone know. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • RegularX
    RegularX
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the update
  • Nebel
    Nebel
    Soul Shriven
    Great... Visions of the Prisoner mission return... Again blocking my way to get to veteran. Guess I'll go explore every single place and island to get all of the quests and low level crap until they get this done. Sigh.

Edit: I got lucky and made it through. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rest of you that are stuck get though quickly!
    Edited by Nebel on August 7, 2015 4:53AM
    There is no greater sorrow / Than to be mindful of the happy time / In misery

- Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy, (Inferno, Canto V, Lines 121-3)
  • clanyoungvpnub18_ESO
    clanyoungvpnub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @RegularX,
    The issue has been resolved on the PC but is currently occurring on both consoles. It will be fixed in our next incremental patch. We don't have an ETA to share just yet, but when a date is available we'll be sure to let everyone know. Thanks for your patience!
    It's broken right now on the PC.

[snip]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Teri on August 11, 2015 2:15PM
This discussion has been closed.