The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Patch 1.0.8 failed to fix The Moonlit Path

KerinKor
KerinKor
✭✭✭✭✭
So you fixed one problem but left another reported weeks ago still unfixed.

This quest is still broken at the Defend the NPCs stage, both NPCs spawn but no mobs attack. This blocks the critical path through the game and prevents access to Coldharbor.

Kind of a game-breaking bug, don't you think?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks @KerinKor, we've passed this information along to the team so they can take a look.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely broke. Had a couple mobs appear on mine but then the Silvenar just disappeared and you can't progress at all. Nothing else happens.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • mowind
    mowind
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @KerinKor, we've passed this information along to the team so they can take a look.

This is just unacceptable, i reported this bug 10 days ago..as many others have.

It's post's like this that show how bad the CS is around here, and the fact that the bug is still present shows me that the dev team has no clue how to fix it.

Persistent bug's can kill a game quickly.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mowind wrote: »

This is just unacceptable, i reported this bug 10 days ago..as many others have.
    I /bugged it but figured my 6 month sub could expire before I see Coldharbour if I didn't give it more visibility. I saw the other thread and posted there too, since 'bumps' aren't allowed.

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no problem with the quest awhile back, but it bugged out for my husband a couple nights ago. About 15 were people waiting around for the spawn so I think too many players bugs it out for some reason. Quick fix was they all ended up grouping together, porting to the nearest shrine so they entered the zone at the same time and running back. It worked, and the npc's spawned. Just thought I would throw it out there till they work on this.......
  • thegamekittenub17_ESO
    deleted

Edited by thegamekittenub17_ESO on May 14, 2014 11:22AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no problem with the quest awhile back, but it bugged out for my husband a couple nights ago. About 15 were people waiting around for the spawn so I think too many players bugs it out for some reason. Quick fix was they all ended up grouping together, porting to the nearest shrine so they entered the zone at the same time and running back. It worked, and the npc's spawned. Just thought I would throw it out there till they work on this.......
    I'd come across other reports of this doing the trick so suggested it in /say .. unsurprisingly several stupid people ignored it and carried on running about like headless chickens.

God I hate that quest 'dungeons' aren't layered so logging out and back in doesn't give you a chance to get into a different instance of it.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FORCED shut down through task manager is dangerous not only to the program you are using it on but very well your computer.
    Please give examples of how using Task Manager to kill a user process can be "dangerous to your computer", or even the application itself.

Sure, killing a System process has risks but user-land stuff, not in my umpteen years experience.

• mowind
    mowind
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    FORCED shut down through task manager is dangerous not only to the program you are using it on but very well your computer.
    Please give examples of how using Task Manager to kill a user process can be "dangerous to your computer", or even the application itself.

Sure, killing a System process has risks but user-land stuff, not in my umpteen years experience.

I agree, ending a running non-system process will do no harm to the machine...even ending a system process does not harm the machine (windows might not like, it though)...the most you can do is force your machine to shutdown (unless your on windows 9x, then it will start acting ***).

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno: Okay, so how are all of us stuck supposed to carry on playing?

I've just been back and it's still broken, there are over 25 people there and most like me have no quests left to do, we're locked out of Coldharbour.

DO SOMETHING, get your GMs to flag this quest for us so we can continue, it's not our fault!
    Edited by KerinKor on May 14, 2014 7:46PM
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: For anyone having issues defending The Green Lady and The Silvenar because there are no mobs spawning, /camp to the character select screen then back to your character; I just did that, and the mobs spawned.
    Edited by Pele on May 14, 2014 9:24PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this doesn't get a mention on the latest 'in progress' post.

W-T-F?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »
    Edit: For anyone having issues defending The Green Lady and The Silvenar because there are no mobs spawning, /camp to the character select screen then back to your character; I just did that, and the mobs spawned.
    Thanks for the suggestion I'll give it a go, any idea why /camp would do something a simple log-out wouldn't?

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly /camp didn't work.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    although this still hasnt been fixed, I just got passed A message accross tamriel. I dont think The Moonlit path is stopping progression
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    although this still hasnt been fixed, I just got passed A message accross tamriel. I dont think The Moonlit path is stopping progression
    Correct.