The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In-Progress Known Issues

• gnostici
    gnostici
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the PC is the test so they can get it right for the Consoles on release and we pay £50 for the testing ,tell me is Simon Cowell the owner of Zenimax

Judging by the bards, no.

And by this I mean that the bards actually sound decent whereas were Simon in charge, they'd all have the same cookie cutter, formulaic performance. You know, almost like the same tracks are shared by multiple characters.

Wait... the bards are NPCs... OMG!
    Edited by gnostici on May 18, 2014 8:39AM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the PC is the test so they can get it right for the Consoles on release and we pay £50 for the testing ,tell me is Simon Cowell the owner of Zenimax

I don't know who the owner is but they must have really liked the song come on take the money and run.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Blackzombie
    Blackzombie
    Soul Shriven
    gnostici wrote: »

And by this I mean that the bards actually sound decent whereas were Simon in charge, they'd all have the same cookie cutter, formulaic performance. You know, almost like the same tracks are shared by multiple characters.

true and he would also bring Cheryl Cole back to try and stop an aging concept from dying
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gnostici wrote: »

true and he would also bring Cheryl Cole back to try and stop an aging concept from dying

now it seems there nerfing my ability to post comments on the forums.I guess the truth hurts.its sad that they can't even deal with the problems they have they just have to pretend they don't exist and ignore people.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now every other time I tried to comment on a thread in the forums.a message popped up pops up that says permission denied.

-Thomas Pain

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That permission denied is frequently a glitch, I've had it happen a few times myself.
  • steven.flemingub17_ESO
    •Nightblade – We have many fixes coming to the Nightblade in our next patch, including fixes to abilities and passives that weren’t working properly, and adjusting the responsiveness in high-intensity combat. We’ll continue to monitor the Nightblade after we push these fixes live.

Could you please confirm if the Nightblade fixes mentioned above will be in the upcoming patch 1.0.9?

Thanks
  • Tanabe
    Tanabe
    it say nohing about the Darkshade caverens where you get kicked off server into char screen and when you login you and the grp have been rerolled, and the massiv lag that players have.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in a group that actually got through that yesterday.
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    babylon wrote: »
    We'll most likely get a General Forum where we're not allowed to discuss the game's problems...

you know when the sad part is is that I'm not even getting customer support all I'm getting is customer runaround I haven't ran this much since I was on the high school track team.

Yep, I'm currently in a "conversation" with CS as well...it's like banging your head against a brick wall. They only seem to repeat what's written on some little info sheet they refer to for the "answers", instead of actually reading what you say and trying to resolve the problem.

I've worked customer service in the past and I am willing to bet that Zeni's CS team doesn't even work for them directly I am sure all they do is contract this out to a CS firm so Semi can save money. It can Aldo be used by companies as an excuse if CS goes nuclear and falls apart then all they have to do is hive a half a$$ed excuse and try again with a new CS firm. Honestly banging my head against a brick wall would have been a more productive use of my time.

I did CS for warhammer and I can tell you that nobody there knew anything. We were just part of a company that they used to handle it so they could pay people crap money to do the job. Most of the workers were middle aged or older back woods *** in Maine who could barely work the pc they were on. I was put in charge of the floor and given the title SoS. Oh wait, you guys don't know me ... well me being the most qualified person in the room should make you feel uneasy. I still do some EA contracts and it's the same thing every game.

edit: TBH I don't care how qualified CS is .... any monkey can run through trouble shooting. I am more concerned with the decision makers.

Edited by Badh0rse on May 18, 2014 11:59PM
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    Wonder why these game companies even feel they can actually make any long lasting money? They don't really care about any players thoughts or how the players would like to see the game progress. They create a game (barely) hire people who are paid the base minimum they can sit and ponder how they can make another dollar off the players they tick off, then make it f2p then just discontinue the game altogether,go to another game company and tell that company they did such and such for (fill in the blank) game company and need a job...wash,rinse repeat.
    Edited by lotharlocnar_ESO on May 19, 2014 3:34AM
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see that the Vampire passives are getting fixed
    Even greater to see that weapon swapping is getting fixed too.

I think moving the servers to Europe will fix many other lag related issues, I know its been delayed, but when are you going to move them?

On a side note, many claim that so many people has left and will leave, but never have I seen such high activity througout the entire game as in this weekend, the 16-18 May. Every zone, from newbie zones to veteran zone are packed with players, its almost to many :)
    Edited by Phantorang on May 19, 2014 12:44PM
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres a BIG issue they take your freakin money, don't let you play and then scoldd you for pointing out their incompetance

-Thomas Pain

• Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    @Zenimax:
    I love this game, best PvP MMO since DAoC.

But and there is a BIG but; you need to get some issues fixed asap, before losing more people:
    - horrible class/skill imbalances (bash spamming, sorc escape spam, 360 degree shield block, pulsar uberness (need a swift nerf, soon everyone and their grandmother are using a staff + light armor), not working/buged/useless skills etc)
    - Nightblade class is in alpha still, need reworking of skills/class, got no better stealth/sneak then any other class (outside of one skill)
    - load problems into or inside Cyrodiil
    - Cyrodiil lag
    - vault/bag space, item stacking (I use about 20% of my 'play' time organizing items, this is NOT fun, and yes I have used A LOT of gold on more space, and all char slots are used)
    - max limit on area spells will be the doom of Cyrodiil. On Dawnbreaker Europa there are already a Guild Wars 2 well coordinated guild in Ebonheart that is now running a huge blob ball wiping everything in their path. If AoE caps go into play, there is no way a small force can stop a bigger one. Experienced it for the first time last night, and if this is the future of ESO AvAvA; count me out! People will leave in masses if this is the 'blob serg warfare' is the future of AvAvA.
    - disable costumes in Cyrodiil, it is lame to see a whole sergs of peasants with staves in Cyrodiil, plain and simple; stupid!
    - emperor need a swift effective nerf, right now its is way over the top OPed, I do not care what status he has, no one should be able to solo whole sergs
    - the first season of Cyrodiil should be reset and no rewards be given, I am betting almost all of the highest 100 in each campaign is there due to exploits/stacking abuse/vamp abuse etc
    - ESO need to get out of beta status, right now there are so many bugs/problems/things not working, we are paying to play a beta (and yes I have played several other MMOs). And I bet the game was rushed out the door due to investors pressure, we can understand that, but then fixing this should be paramount and HIGH pri. Horseracing and other fluff should not even be on the drawing board!
    - Put everything else on hold. Focus the whole team on FIXING the game as it is now! Do not introduce MORE problems, fix the ones you got. In this games current state Craglorn will be a failure. There will be exploits and abusive gameplay to the max. The exploiters will finish the content in no time, and whine right away how boring/easy the content is. The rest of us will not even make it to VR10 before Craglorn hits, and will be left in the dust. And anyone not with a 'leet exploit build' will not even be included in the Craglorn runs.
    - Zenimax you need to understand and axcept you will never ever give enough content to minmaxers/powergamers, they will always finish content in no time. You need to focus on the normal gamer, that advance at a normal pace. The minmaxers are also the dramaqueens of MMOs, they come, make a lot of problems/drama, and move on no matter what, to the next game, to repeat it all over again. These are also the same people that mess up PvP campaigns, roll over everything with their sergs, and leave the servers/campaign in ruines, when they are bored and 'won' the server. Same thing happened in DAoC. And no, I do not bash good guilds, I welcome good guilds with skills, but I do not welcome huge blob sergs with no skill outside sticking to the serg and spamming AoE spells. Its not skills, its called steamrolling everything with a serg. Its effective but horribly boring, even for the ones in the serg. No skills, no tactics, just plain boring serging.

Vamp abuse is hopefully fixed, the abuse is more or less gone.
    Shield bash spam will hopefully be better in 1.1, but it is still kinda lame shield spam bashing do more damage then weapons, pluss interrupts/stuns.
    And yes, my highest level char is a DK, so do not flame me for hateing DKs. But I am not blind to how OPed DKs are right now.

The flexibility of ESO is also its downfall. Right now almost all classes are best speced with a desto/resto staff + light armor, this is plain STUPID! Even NBs are most effective speced like this, even using the Assassination skills! Hello! What stupidity in game design is this!?

Future spellcrafting....sigh... Look at what is going on now, exploit specs and abusive stacking an mass. And if you also introduce MORE abusiveness (self made spell effects, mix as you like...hello), you will never ever be able to balance this game out, it will implode on itself. You need LESS abusiveness/exploiting, not more!

You are losing customers on weekly basis due to how slow bug/exploit fixing/balancing goes. Class/skill fixing/balancing and broken quests, need to get all your focus. A angry customer is VERY hard to win back, and they spread their negativity all over the internet = scare more people/money away.

Once again; Love the game, but I am worried about its future, and where its going...

EDIT:
    Forgot; animation cancelling need to be stoped/fixed. People exploiting this is getting far higher DPS then someone not abusing it.
    Edited by Jarnhand on May 19, 2014 12:02PM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another Gigantanormous issue is the billing problems

-Thomas Pain

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another Gigantanormous issue is the billing problems

-Thomas Pain

• bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    What's up with people having trouble with the bank space?

No one is forcing you to level up all professions at the same time.
    You can upgrade the bank vault as it seems unlimited times and upgrade your bag slots 5 times. On top of that you can use a horse that you have primary leveled up with inventory space.

Poor managing from your side doesn't warrant a change in the game, does it?

And before the out cry, I leveled all professions at the same time except provisioning and knew that the amount of junk I would collect would have me focus on upgrading my inventory slots. But guess what? It was my choice.

If you are having that much problem, then perhaps just level up two professions at the time. You are not forced to master all professions.
  • Zcrisis2
    Zcrisis2
    Soul Shriven
    Where do I report any problems I have within the game? I have recently come across one where I was walking up a set of stairs and suddenly the stairs and numerous things in the area started disappearing and the stairs disappeared below my feet, I fell through the stairs hitting the ground below and then the stairs rendered around me leaving me stuck within the staircase and the only way out was to spend some of my gold and teleport to the nearest shrine.
    Everything you do is everything you've done
  • hasselhoffman
    hasselhoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Immovable "Reduces damage taken and become immune to knockbacks and disabling effects for a moderate duration."

Since I can't find any where to confirm what movement restriction skills this actually counters I'll ask here hopefully a dev can clear it up. My question is this: I can pop immovable and be immune to stun attacks etc. I pop this before engaging a DK and I get stuck with Dark Talons. This makes absolutely no sense to me. The skill itself says IMMOVABLE lol. The typical response on these forums is nerf this and nerf that. I find that if most of the abilities in this game worked like they were supposed to the game would run pretty smoothly. I do appreciate that you guys are working to fix the issues.

DK's are not an overpowered class in my opinion and shouldn't be nerfed. What I do believe is making the counter measures like Immovable to counter classes like DKs that rely on immobilizing attacks to PVP apparently.
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    bugulu wrote: »
    What's up with people having trouble with the bank space?

No one is forcing you to level up all professions at the same time.
    You can upgrade the bank vault as it seems unlimited times and upgrade your bag slots 5 times. On top of that you can use a horse that you have primary leveled up with inventory space.

Poor managing from your side doesn't warrant a change in the game, does it?

And before the out cry, I leveled all professions at the same time except provisioning and knew that the amount of junk I would collect would have me focus on upgrading my inventory slots. But guess what? It was my choice.

If you are having that much problem, then perhaps just level up two professions at the time. You are not forced to master all professions.

Well while adventuring one finds stuff, this stuff is worth very little gold vendored, Hence people want to break the items down and get what they can to either sell from their guild stores or use them in a skill up. Why waste items just vendoring them? have ya tried to take a vr10 back to places and try to kill mobs for their items? It's not as good as when your character was on par with the area. So going back and trying to gain items from the drops is really not happening effectively. One has to continually go to the bank when one doesn't have the character space and thus ones bank/other character backpacks get filled quickly. Rift solved this with a portable banker once every hour one can access their portable banker anywhere in the adventuring area and drop or remove items. Im finding out more and more that this game is on the "all or nothing" type of situation either you will excel at profession skills(investing ones time and effort into just that till they're maxed out) or questing till leveled out, or PvPing till leveled out. Doing a little of everything gets you just that, a little of everything.

"No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys,

We've been keeping a close eye on this thread and on the forums in general, and wanted to let you know where a few other common issues currently stand:

Cyrodiil Loading Screens - We know many of you have been plagued with long loading screens when trying to enter Cyrodiil. We're happy to say that this will be fixed with our next patch.

In addition, we are currently investigating the following issues:
    • Broken world bosses, including Lesser Circle in Alik'r and Summoner's Camp in Bangkorai
    • Issues with Provisioning, including finding low-level items in Veteran Rank containers
    • Getting stuck moving slowly in combat
    Remember, the issues we're listing out in this thread doesn't include everything that we're working on, just some of the more prevalent issues. Thanks for your continued patience!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

We've been keeping a close eye on this thread and on the forums in general, and wanted to let you know where a few other common issues currently stand:

Cyrodiil Loading Screens - We know many of you have been plagued with long loading screens when trying to enter Cyrodiil. We're happy to say that this will be fixed with our next patch.

• Broken world bosses, including Lesser Circle in Alik'r and Summoner's Camp in Bangkorai
    • Issues with Provisioning, including finding low-level items in Veteran Rank containers
    Remember, the issues we're listing out in this thread doesn't include everything that we're working on, just some of the more prevalent issues. Thanks for your continued patience!

You going to edit the original post with this so everything is in one neat place?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yep! Good idea.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NOT IN-PROGRESS UNKNOWN ISSUES

THE FRIGGIN HEALING STAFF BUG!
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please allow grouping for the forced solo content?!
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    NOT IN-PROGRESS UNKNOWN ISSUES

THE FRIGGIN HEALING STAFF BUG!

What's the healing staff bug?

OP: great! Love that you're fixing these bugs :) I have, for the moment, stopped playing my NB. I'm hoping that after your bug fixes go live, it will be an enjoyable class.

So thank you.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a time line on the eu server?. 1.1 is approaching so we are past launch. And you already have the eu server lag as one of the known issues wouldnt hurrying this along alleviate these kind of issues?.
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    That's awesome, especially the runes and achievements bits.

When could we expect those 2? having finished the 3 storyline on my main, those are the main 2 concerns I have :D
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    And when do you release the next megapatch? There's too many problems in the game to wait more.
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Maybe I am a bit slow but; what patch are we talking about? Earlier Zenimax stated NB fixes was comming in 1.1 and even as late as 1.2, now it looks like these are things you are working on for 1.09. So which is it? When are the fixes for the issues in this post (original post) comming? Or what many NBs are wondering: when are bug fixes etc for NBs comming? All I can say is 1.2 is too late. If we are talking 1.2 it should be a total rework of the whole class, not just adjust and fix broken skills.