Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.2.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

PTS Update 40 - Feedback Thread for New Class Item Sets

• Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Big W for the Necro set changes.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Monolith of Storms:
      • This set’s damage currently ignores Line of Sight.
      • A preliminary fix has been found for this set’s inability to Critically Strike but requires more thorough testing before implementing it.
      • Monolith of Storms: Fixed an issue where this set was treated as single target direct damage, rather than Area of Effect Damage over Time.

So no plans to rework the idea or functionality of this set? You made note of intent to rework other sets, but only mention how you're going to add crit to something that was already supposed to crit. This isn't enough.
    1. Proc condition is terrible. Once every 10 seconds (Hurricane/Boundless Storm) and once every 5 seconds (Lightning Splash) means you'll rarely ever have all 3 monoliths active at the same time.
    2. Sorc's don't want to use Lightning Splash and Mages Fury, they're terrible skills. It also asks the Sorc to use Lightning Splash/Hurrcane on front bar, when they're best used as back bar abilities.
    3. The skill line has no spammable, there is no way to choose where you proc Monoliths.
    4. Monoliths don't deal any aoe damage themselves, so spawning 1 does nothing. You are required to have 2 or 3. Sorry any Sorc that thought you could do the bare minimum by using Hurricane/Boundless Storm. That ability literally spawns them at the same rate they despawn.
    5. Set ticks on 2s, this is terrible as a ground dot. Easy to avoid.
    6. Set is limited to 1 sorc per group, since the damage is capped to 1 hit every 2 seconds.

You're missing the mark here. Please rework this. It's been 4 weeks and you've done nothing with this set. Why should a Sorc bother running Endless Archive?

Basically this

Hurricane/Boundless Storm won't even keep the set maintained. Kinda dumb that you need more than one Monolith to do damage. If Storm Calling is just gonna get a proc set, at least make the proc condition synergize with the skill line more. As it sits, it's going to be really difficult to maintain.

A total redesign to fit the skill line better would be nice, but I doubt that would happen. As it sits, the set wants you to use your DoTs as spammables, which makes no sense.

Hopefully the Daedric Summoning and Dark Magic sets will be better.

I would take the old NB set they deemed to complex for this skill line in a heart beat.
    • Doesn't buff overload, whatever, it's powerful enough.
    • Want to build up a ton of ult to get 34% damage (hurricane/fury/streak) and healing (surge). No problem, I want a lot of ult to use overload anyway.
    • Cost reduction for streak which can quickly become the highest costing ability in the game? You betchya!

Instead we get a damage proc, which historically is only ever popular if it deals the most amount of dps for the least amount of effort. This is not only worst damage proc set for dps I can think of, but it requires the most effort.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    Big W for the Necro set changes.

Send Sorcs some of that luck.. Necro set looks great now, but started at the bottom with Sorc/Warden.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    EA is going to be hyped for about two weeks - maybe a month given console patches run behind PC - then players are going to realise most of the sets are just more mundane 5-pieces with extra restrictions or silly limitations (and much more of a grind to get), and they're not going to bother with the place again unless they happen to want some of the other stuff that drops (furnishings or whatever).

This content could've been leveraged effectively to have a revitalising impact on the game's community by offering something different that drives engagement, encourages new theorycrafting efforts and diversifies build potential; instead it's going to be just another damp squib because the set rewards are, to be blunt, mostly mediocre - especially so since they're yet more pointless 5-piece sets to be chucked on the massive pile of pointless 5-piece sets that already exists.

The marketing professional in me is palming my face at the missed opportunity here, whilst as a player I'm finding myself disappointed yet again.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lalothen wrote: »
    EA is going to be hyped for about two weeks - maybe a month given console patches run behind PC - then players are going to realise most of the sets are just more mundane 5-pieces with extra restrictions or silly limitations (and much more of a grind to get), and they're not going to bother with the place again unless they happen to want some of the other stuff that drops (furnishings or whatever).

This content could've been leveraged effectively to have a revitalising impact on the game's community by offering something different that drives engagement, encourages new theorycrafting efforts and diversifies build potential; instead it's going to be just another damp squib because the set rewards are, to be blunt, mostly mediocre - especially so since they're yet more pointless 5-piece sets to be chucked on the massive pile of pointless 5-piece sets that already exists.

The marketing professional in me is palming my face at the missed opportunity here, whilst as a player I'm finding myself disappointed yet again.

Yep. They really should have been 3 piece sets or Mythics. The moment the first patch dropped, I knew that wasn't going to change. Sucks.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an idea. How about changing the proc condition of the Monolith of Storms ? Instead of only spawning on top of an enemy when damaging with storm call abilities. They would spawn on top of same place where a storm calling ability have been casted.

What I mean is that if you were to cause dmg with mages fury or with 5th tick of lightning form they would still spawn on top of enemy but if you were to cast Lightning Splash a monolith would spawn in the same place where the Lightning Splash was casted and when casting streak it would spawn on top of the caster regardless if it damages an enemy. (And optionally they could also spawn on caster when casting surge)

It would give greater control over the shape and size of the lines between monoliths (something that this set desperately needs) and it would make it a lot less difficult to proc.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re going to have to make sure these new class specific sets come in hot and are at least somewhat better than any existing 5 piece sets or EA will be a fail in terms of player engagement to farm the sets.

I think they already listened to complaints from users not even on pts and nerfed the DK set too hard.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They’re going to have to make sure these new class specific sets come in hot and are at least somewhat better than any existing 5 piece sets or EA will be a fail in terms of player engagement to farm the sets.

I think they already listened to complaints from users not even on pts and nerfed the DK set too hard.

??? DK set once its acknowledged bug is fixed is going to be super strong, particularly as a backbar set.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on October 9, 2023 6:58PM
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is my updated feedback for this week.

Templar set needs its conditions lessened.

Sorcerer set needs to hit extremely hard because the sets a stationary tether, and I’m under the assumption only one player in group can use the set at a time.

Dragonknight set needs an active animation overhaul, it is hands down the ugliest set in the game, you have a giant chunk of rock in front and behind of your character. This needs to look more stylish and less bulky, I would also suggest adding volcanic veins running through it.

Nightblade, Arcanist, and Warden sets are fine.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

??? DK set once its acknowledged bug is fixed is going to be super strong, particularly as a backbar set.

You can proc the Major Heroism on your back bar now?

• Prionyx
    Prionyx
    ✭✭✭
    Nice work with soulcleaver ZOS:)
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my updated feedback for this week.

Templar set needs its conditions lessened.

Sorcerer set needs to hit extremely hard because the sets a stationary tether, and I’m under the assumption only one player in group can use the set at a time.

Dragonknight set needs an active animation overhaul, it is hands down the ugliest set in the game, you have a giant chunk of rock in front and behind of your character. This needs to look more stylish and less bulky, I would also suggest adding volcanic veins running through it.

Nightblade, Arcanist, and Warden sets are fine.

How about making the monoliths targetable in order to compensate for large damage buff? Sort of how Chokethorn monster set spawns a stationary Chokethorn that can be killed by enemies but heals you for a lot.

Making the monoliths targetable and destroyable would make up and balance the set for giving it a hefty dmg buff that it needs.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really like a whole new system being added to the game, and at most we're getting a 3rd of it at launch.

This one really can sit in the oven for another patch or two. Just have the endless Archives [excretory word] out gold materials and columbine until this idea finally finishes cooking.
    Edited by DrNukenstein on October 9, 2023 7:25PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to be a bit of a downer here, but besides the rework to the Gardener of Season's mechanics, swapping major maim to major cowardice doesn't fix the problem that gardener of seasons has. Healers in pve content don't want support based defensive bonuses over support based offensive ones. Minor Heroism won't be able to carry it on that front. This set looks like it'll only be used in pvp which is a damn shame.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 9, 2023 7:23PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry to be a bit of a downer here, but besides the rework to the Gardener of Season's mechanics, swapping major maim to major cowardice doesn't fix the problem that gardener of seasons has. Healers in pve content don't want support based defensive bonuses over support based offensive ones. Minor Heroism won't be able to carry it on that front. This set looks like it'll only be used in pvp which is a damn shame.

Warden is already #1 for PvE healer selection, and does not need more offensive group capability.

Matter of fact, I can’t remember the last time I was in a trial group without a Warden healer.

If anything, it being stackable with the Minor Cowardice found already on the class will be keeping in line with where Warden excels, as the strongest class at buffing survivability in the game.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on October 9, 2023 7:40PM
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can proc the Major Heroism on your back bar now?

You will (should) be able to proc the back bar defensive buff then swap to your front bar which will (should) automatically convert it to the offensive Major Heroism buff for the duration.
  • Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭
    Nobility in Decay:

Much better, it's now worth slotting.
    Obviously it won't patch the class biggest issue which is offense (I guess players will have to wait for the future Grave Lord set for that) but clearly the set was conceived with survivability in mind and now it's good for that at least.

There is one last little change that should be made imo:
    vp6iy6go4rzw.jpg
    It looks like a detail but it's an important one, a 4 items health bonus is really awkward on a one bar set.
    Balanced by people with no prior gamedev experience, couldn't fix performance issues in a decade, can't code a real matchmaking algorithm to save their lives, more maintenance downtime than all the other MMOs put together, more bugs introduced than bugs fixed every big patch, same stagnant combat for years.
    Done with Elder Joke Online: 2 seconds of input delay on "70" ping edition.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's an idea. How about changing the proc condition of the Monolith of Storms ? Instead of only spawning on top of an enemy when damaging with storm call abilities. They would spawn on top of same place where a storm calling ability have been casted.

What I mean is that if you were to cause dmg with mages fury or with 5th tick of lightning form they would still spawn on top of enemy but if you were to cast Lightning Splash a monolith would spawn in the same place where the Lightning Splash was casted and when casting streak it would spawn on top of the caster regardless if it damages an enemy. (And optionally they could also spawn on caster when casting surge)

It would give greater control over the shape and size of the lines between monoliths (something that this set desperately needs) and it would make it a lot less difficult to proc.

This genuinly never crossed my mind. Brilliant.
    • Skill line doesn't have a spammable.
    • Proccing it from Mages Fury feels weird. It's an execute, you use it for 20% of a fight if that.
    • If we can't reduce the "1st/5th" tick condition to any tick, I would take your solution as a runner up.

Problem is, this set would no longer be able to be used on front bar only. It would become a body set and that will kill the set in its own way.
    • Would be pretty bad for PVP. Not exactly the type of set you want active 24/7 when you can get a healing/defensive set instead. Not that it would be great for PVP anyway because it ticks on 2s..
    • Would shoehorn PVE builds because of trial sets. Couldn't use Relequen anymore, would have to use something like Whorl and that just never seemed like a set Sorc should run imo.

If they could make it use both bars abilties, even if it's on 1 bar, your solution would be great.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monolith is bad in every way and “fixing” the crit isn’t going to change that.
    Funnily enough what just happened is a nerf since sorcs run single target CP because their cleave is so bad overall.

The damage is woefully inadequate.
    The proc conditions are terrible.

This is easily the worst class set.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Funnily enough what just happened is a nerf since sorcs run single target CP because their cleave is so bad overall.

I don’t know, Templar’s set is pretty rough. The only skill that would receive a notable spike in damage with the 25% increase would be Dark Flare but you need to run the other morph to build stacks so it’s completely wasted.

25% of less than 2,000 ticks of Sun Fire.
    25% of less than 2,000 ticks of Solar Barrage.
    25% of less than 7,000 explosions of Backlash.
    25% of Unstable Core? Really?
    25% of Glory makes Oppression.
    25% of less than 4,000 ticks of a stationary Nova.

Did I mention you lose half your Magicka when the extra Nova falls? So you’re not going to be using many of these horrid abilities when you get your increase to damage to begin with.

You have to micromanage up to 50 stacks with your timers to make sure your abilities are all active as that buff procs, and it’s such a low number considering that all of the damage it buffs are below spammable level.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Warden is already #1 for PvE healer selection, and does not need more offensive group capability.

Matter of fact, I can’t remember the last time I was in a trial group without a Warden healer.

If anything, it being stackable with the Minor Cowardice found already on the class will be keeping in line with where Warden excels, as the strongest class at buffing survivability in the game.

There's a few reasons why it's the best support, but just because it's the best doesn't mean it shouldn't get a really impactful class set.

Warden Healer is the best because it offers some of the best utility in the game that basically only it can uniquely apply on mass. Warden DPS simply cannot access our class utility as it's locked behind skills that don't offer any benefit for dps. As PvE dps, we have no reasonable way to proc aoe minor toughness for our group outside of healing orb's synergy. lotus blossom overs very little benefit in group content and is pitiful at applying minor toughness.

Expansive Frost Cloak doesn't even offer a damage component which could allow dps to gain access to aoe major resolve.

The only way to fix this is to open up access to it's utility to the dps role and to offer more unique buffs for other classes so that they have more incentive to be picked as healers. If gardener of seasons applied major courage to the group, other classes could still absolutely do that, but warden would be able to do it with its own class set, also helping with heroism uptime.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 9, 2023 8:43PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    They could also instead change how monoliths from sorcs set cause dmg all together.

Ditch the concept of links doing damage and instead focus on the monoliths doing all the damage (links causing damage is a clunky and faulty mechanic that is highly unreliable in all content) the links would instead ramp up the damage of the other monoliths, meaning the amount of dmg monoliths do would be directly proprotional to amount of monoliths online and connected to other monoliths. Meanwhile the monoliths would be doing all the damage by channeling beam of shock damage to a singel target per monolith (Every monolith can dmg 1 target. With 3 monoliths targeting 3 diffrent targets in total combined), making monoliths act sort of like mini storm atronach ultimates (obviously the monoliths should be weaker).

This change would synergize with lightning staff that both PVE and PVP sorcs use due last patches change that makes lightning staff boost channeled dmg as well direct dmg.

And on a side note I must say it would make more sense too. When you think of a monolith you think of a structure that CHANNELS energy. A few lines that electrocutes anyone who touches them, with few posts that connect those lines are not monoliths, thats a fence.
    Edited by grzes848909 on October 9, 2023 9:11PM
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's a few reasons why it's the best support, but just because it's the best doesn't mean it shouldn't get a really impactful class set.

Warden Healer is the best because it offers some of the best utility in the game that basically only it can uniquely apply on mass. Warden DPS simply cannot access our class utility as it's locked behind skills that don't offer any benefit for dps. As PvE dps, we have no reasonable way to proc aoe minor toughness for our group outside of healing orb's synergy. lotus blossom overs very little benefit in group content and is pitiful at applying minor toughness.

Expansive Frost Cloak doesn't even offer a damage component which could allow dps to gain access to aoe major resolve.

The only way to fix this is to open up access to it's utility to the dps role and to offer more unique buffs for other classes so that they have more incentive to be picked as healers.

Warden DPS are hurting, not Healers.

When your Animal Companion or Winter’s Embrace set comes out, that will be the time to push for a Class set remedy.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know, Templar’s set is pretty rough. The only skill that would receive a notable spike in damage with the 25% increase would be Dark Flare but you need to run the other morph to build stacks so it’s completely wasted.

Did I mention you lose half your Magicka when the extra Nova falls? So you’re not going to be using many of these horrid abilities when you get your increase to damage to begin with.

You have to micromanage up to 50 stacks with your timers to make sure your abilities are all active as that buff procs, and it’s such a low number considering that all of the damage it buffs are below spammable level.

Idk I was able to get pretty decent dps with Wrathsun, but got hot garbage with Monolith of Storms. Both could use buffs, but I'd say Monolith much more so. Personally I find Wrathsun pretty interesting; I haven't played around to try maximizing it tho
    Edited by RaptorRodeoGod on October 9, 2023 8:48PM
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean?! They added some Magicka restore to Radiant Glory! What more could you possibly want?!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The only way to fix this is to open up access to it's utility to the dps role and to offer more unique buffs for other classes so that they have more incentive to be picked as healers.

Warden DPS are hurting, not Healers.

When your Animal Companion or Winter’s Embrace set comes out, that will be the time to push for a Class set remedy.

Well, since the class set was designed for a green balance, it's intended audience is healing wardens. Pve and pvp healing wardens i know don't want to use this item set at all.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 9, 2023 8:50PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

is stomps all over the sorc set.
    the downside of wrathsun is the mag cost, however it also buffs your mag regen, so you'll recover that quickly enough.
    templar already uses skills from that skill line, so it's not detrimental to their build to run these skills and the nova hits hard enough to justify it.
    the extra damage to skills is more like a cherry on top.

standard sorc builds won't proc enough monoliths for the set to actually work, so you have to change your skill setup for the set to even proc.
    the damage is terrible.
    only 1 sorc can run it in a group.

I'm not saying the templar set is the best thing in the world, but it's far better than the sorc set.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could also instead change how monoliths from sorcs set cause dmg all together.

Ditch the concept of links doing damage and instead focus on the monoliths doing all the damage (links causing damage is a clunky and faulty mechanic that is highly unreliable in all content) the links would instead ramp up the damage of the other monoliths, meaning the amount of dmg monoliths do would be directly proprotional to amount of monoliths online and connected to other monoliths. Meanwhile the monoliths would be doing all the damage by channeling beam of shock damage to a singel target per monolith (Every monolith can dmg 1 target. With 3 monoliths targeting 3 diffrent targets in total combined), making monoliths act sort of like mini storm atronach ultimates (obviously the monoliths should be weaker).

This change would synergize with lightning staff that both PVE and PVP sorcs use due last patches change that makes lightning staff boost channeled dmg as well direct dmg.

And on a side note I must say it would make more sense too. When you think of a monolith you think of a structure that CHANNELS energy. A few lines that electrocutes anyone who touches them, with few posts that connect those lines are not monoliths, thats a fence.

Maybe they could change the AOE aspect of the set and make it more of a tether like storm attro is a tether. Make it tether to a nearby enemy, dealing single target damage over time, rather than aoe damage over time. With each proc doing more damage. And then, similar to attro, allow heavy attacks to choose the target.

Would work great in AOE fights, as 3 monoliths could target random enemies nearby them. But also, would work great in boss fights as a heavy attack could focus the boss with them.

Proc conditions are still bad, but the ground based beam stuff is just not sorc flavor and really makes the set unfavorable.
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB class set changes today:
    k9utg8pcvf4f.jpg
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Maybe they could change the AOE aspect of the set and make it more of a tether like storm attro is a tether. Make it tether to a nearby enemy, dealing single target damage over time, rather than aoe damage over time. With each proc doing more damage. And then, similar to attro, allow heavy attacks to choose the target.

Would work great in AOE fights, as 3 monoliths could target random enemies nearby them. But also, would work great in boss fights as a heavy attack could focus the boss with them.

Proc conditions are still bad, but the ground based beam stuff is just not sorc flavor and really makes the set unfavorable.

That's what I was going for, and I already had idea for proc condition to be changed.