The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available.
Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

PTS Update 40 - Feedback Thread for New Class Item Sets

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new class item sets, acquired from Endless Archive. Please try out these new item set types and let us know what you think! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
  • Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
  • Do you have any feedback on the persistent visual effects?
  • Do you have any general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 18, 2023 11:07PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Templar set looks fun and thematic, the ability to effectively double ult is possibly too strong The wrathful nova might need to be made weaker than a regular nova probably by removing the secondary effects (like Maim, this would also stop it from stepping on the Warden set's toes).

The Sorc set is bad, it really works against the class mobility identity, but could be good enough if the last line about each player only being able to be hit by one Monolith every 2 seconds was removed. Every monolith should be able to hit every tick otherwise what's the point.

The Arcanist set is good, but needs the Magicka lines changed to something else. Forcing magicka lines on a class set when a big unique aspect of the class is the dynamic resource costs allowing you to build how you want is bad.

But in general, I think the Templar, Arcanist, and Sorc sets are probably closest to the sweet spot.

The NB set is too complicated. It's trying to do way too much.

The Warden set is similar, way too finicky. Also Major Maim is a bad choice, it steps on Templar's toes since that is also an effect they get from Nova. I saw someon e suggest Major Brittle instead, I think that could be a good adjustment.

The Necro set is probably the worst. It really just doesn't bring anything to the table.

The DK set is absolutely insane. We've already lived through one perma corrosive meta. Please don't do this again. Take it back to the drawing board.

Just my initial thoughts.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on September 19, 2023 4:07AM
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get the necromancer set to work at all, which is a pity, because it's the only reason I even bothered getting on PTS today.

Made sure I had 5 pieces... My character had a permanent purple glow, which is weird. Cast Summoner's Armor, immediately followed by Life Amid Death. Nothing... No AOE HoT on the ground like I was expecting.

I tried switching Summoner's Armor for Scythe, then Life Amid Death for Deaden Pain... Nada...

• IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get the necromancer set to work at all, which is a pity, because it's the only reason I even bothered getting on PTS today.

Made sure I had 5 pieces... My character had a permanent purple glow, which is weird. Cast Summoner's Armor, immediately followed by Life Amid Death. Nothing... No AOE HoT on the ground like I was expecting.

I tried switching Summoner's Armor for Scythe, then Life Amid Death for Deaden Pain... Nada...

You have to be in combat for it to activate, I tested it on the pts earlier and it has some bugs attached to it, for example, I can absorb souls from other necromancer players that are just standing near the wayshrine..lol
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we see the constant visual effects in Werewolf form, when we currently have no way to proc any of the sets while in Werewolf form? Why can't Werewolf utilize these class sets, but Vampire and non-cursed players can? We lose our Class identity when we assume Werewolf form.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monolith of Storms does not crit, and the damage from the monolith links don't stack with each other. One of these should be fixed so that the damage either stacks with more monolith tethers, or crits.
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekrypted wrote: »
    The templar requiring 50 stacks seems excessive compared to the DK set giving major and minor heroism. The idea of having class specific sets is great, but this for sure feels a bit one sided in what is the favorite class.

Is seems like you can trigger a stack with each tick of an attack. But yes, I agree
    Edited by RaptorRodeoGod on September 19, 2023 2:31AM
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think ZoS have properly thought about the impact these sets are going to have to PvP. There’s no point even attempting to balance pvp anymore with these sets being released

Corrosive DKs now with immediate access to minor and major heroism and a huge buff to back bar healing.

Nightblades with 34% increased healing from siphoning skills

Broken doesn’t even come close to describing the state of pvp when these launch
    Edited by Poss on September 19, 2023 2:49AM
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you main stam-sorc, and wanted to play with the new funny monolith set, but it does like almost 30k less then your normal build even with the nerfs.

8set1ih314ow.png
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initial Feedback for Monolith of Storms:

I felt the set was weak for the amount of effort it felt it took to start getting damage from it and at times it was inconvenient when the Monoliths despawned.

I kinda liked the visual of the sets armor, wasn't really a fan the visual of the Monoliths, and I disliked the glow. The glow could be more annoying but, it definitely would put a damper on running the set for me.

I would suggest attempting to reduce the effort it takes to get damage. This could be done by having the set make the abilities that trigger it more effective so they are more worth using, making the monoliths deal damage without connecting, or making the monoliths last longer.
    Edited by chessalavakia_ESO on September 19, 2023 4:34AM
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initial Feedback for Monolith of Storms:

I felt the set was weak for the amount of effort it felt it took to start getting damage from it and at times it was inconvenient when the Monoliths despawned.

I kinda liked the visual of the sets armor, wasn't really a fan the visual of the Monoliths, and I disliked the glow. The glow could be more annoying but, it definitely would put a damper on running the set for me.

I would suggest attempting to reduce the effort it takes to get damage. This could be done by having the set make the abilities that trigger it more effective so they are more worth using, making the monoliths deal damage without connecting, or making the monoliths last longer.

Yeah I've been struggling to get more than 4k dps with the proc. This set is definitely missing the mark.

They should remove that damage cooldown so it can turn Mages' Wrath into a spammable.
    ---
    ---
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Monolith of Storms did not perform as expected

Sorc rarely uses other skills from the Storm Calling line except Hurricane, and Hurricane only causes damage every two seconds, which means we can get the first stone after about 8 to 10 seconds (because normally Hurricane will be pre-cast)

Unless the other skills in the Storm Calling line are buffed, or the Monolith of Storms is strengthened, the Monolith of Storms set lacks universality and the damage is not as good as expected. It requires at least two stones to cause damage, the damage radius is small, and it only causes damage once every two seconds.

I recommend removing the once-every-two-second limit. And it was changed to when the stone appears, the stone itself can cause area damage and cancel the damn connection. As a balance, there can only be a maximum of 2 stones on the field at the same time (but the damage can be superimposed)

It's just like...

pdcuvrxvn9gv.png
    "是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll talk about the sets later once I get a chance to test them, but there's something much more important I have to say first.

WE NEED THESE AS OUTFIT STYLES

I understand that someone not of the class can't take advantage of the sets' 5-piece bonuses, but they are also locked out of the 2-4 if the class doesn't match. I'm... not a fan of that. I kinda want to have my [insert class] wear the [insert other class] set solely for the styles or to have fun imagining them as the 'alternate universe version,' even if I know it's exclusively 100% for fun.

The major problem here is the Nightblade one, which is the only style in the game that gives us a mask that leaves the hair uncovered. I know that's been a hot request a few times on the forums, and it's kinda not cool that that thing is exclusively locked behind Nightblades.
    (also the understated belt from that one is very nice as well and could be useful on so many outfits).

55fqwu65zz3d.png

It'd be okay if characters could wear non-matching class sets with the understanding that they can't get the benefit above the 4th piece. But the best option would be if we had outfit styles for these.
  • RadagastThePink
    RadagastThePink
    ✭✭✭
    I'll talk about the sets later once I get a chance to test them, but there's something much more important I have to say first.

WE NEED THESE AS OUTFIT STYLES

I understand that someone not of the class can't take advantage of the sets' 5-piece bonuses, but they are also locked out of the 2-4 if the class doesn't match. I'm... not a fan of that. I kinda want to have my [insert class] wear the [insert other class] set solely for the styles or to have fun imagining them as the 'alternate universe version,' even if I know it's exclusively 100% for fun.

The major problem here is the Nightblade one, which is the only style in the game that gives us a mask that leaves the hair uncovered. I know that's been a hot request a few times on the forums, and it's kinda not cool that that thing is exclusively locked behind Nightblades.
    (also the understated belt from that one is very nice as well and could be useful on so many outfits).

55fqwu65zz3d.png

It'd be okay if characters could wear non-matching class sets with the understanding that they can't get the benefit above the 4th piece. But the best option would be if we had outfit styles for these.

I was checking the outfit station and it appears the outfit styles may be available from the endless dungeon at some point if it’s not already.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Warden set is similar, way too finicky. Also Major Maim is a bad choice, it steps on Templar's toes since that is also an effect they get from Nova. I saw someon e suggest Major Brittle instead, I think that could be a good adjustment.

Frankly i think the Winter's Embrace set could grant that instead of another class getting it. brittle was thematically designed to be from cold sources of damage.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new class item sets, acquired from Endless Archive. Please try out these new item set types and let us know what you think! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:

Which set did I test out: Monolith of Storms.
    1. What are my thoughts on it:
    - It seems mediocre and not worth considering even for a fun build when a set like storm-cursed exists and even that is not considered for builds.
    - It's another proc set that does ok damage but requires far too many hoops to jump through to make it work effectively and keep it up reliably.
    - Running this on the back bar is not an option since if it is slotted there, you won't proc it while on the front bar where your spammable is slotted and you spend the majority of the time of the rotation, meanwhile the abilities you want to use to proc the set and keep it active during a fight are the Damage over Time abilities (hurricane and lightning flood) which are better suited to being on the back bar.
    - The other issue with it is that the set does nothing when there is only 1 monolith active, meaning it requires at minimum 2 seconds and 2 GCD for the set to do anything at all.

2. The set just feels far too awkward to use effectively with the abilities it relies on to proc it and as such makes for very awkward rotations to get something that is even remotely close to what can be achieved much easier with a generic proc set such as relequen, pillar or whorl.

3. The visual effects are fine, I'm glad they are toned down while still keeping the lightning theme and the monoliths themselves look pretty cool.

4. For this set in particular, I think it needs a complete redesign or a bonus added to it which I will go over later in this post. In it's current form it is just a harder to use generic proc set that makes the rotations awkward. It also doesn't really do anything to help the sorcerer class break away from the pet builds that have been forced onto the class for years now.

Ways to improve the set while keeping its current design:
    2. Allow any damage instance from a storm calling ability to summon a monolith. Once per cast or on the 5th tick is just far too slow for how unsynergistic the storm calling DoT abilities are to the sorcerer playstyle.
    3. Have the monoliths themselves deal a portion of the damage the beam deals to targets around them so that it does something while there is only 1 monolith active. This can be set to if only one monolith is active it deals its damage around it instead of dealing damage via the beam.
    4. Make the damage be per beam instead of once every 2 seconds globally from the set with damage values adjusted accordingly. As it currently stands it seems like its not going to be viable for multiple sorcs to run this set to stack the beams damage.
    5. Not as important as the previous 3 points, but increase the number of monoliths summoned or increase their duration to keep the beams active for a longer period.

What I would look into to rework the set to make it help the class instead of just act as another generic proc set:
    Have the set also increase the base Damage of Mages Fury + morphs to the equivalent damage of a regular single target ranged spammable, similar to force pulse.
    This would help sorcerer in multiple ways:
    - It gives sorcerer a reliable front bar way to proc this set with its current proc conditions quickly and efficiently
    - It gives sorcerer an actual in class spammable that doesn't have a cast time that benefits from sorcs shock damage passives.
    - It frees up desperately needed bar space since sorc now has both an execute and spammable in 1 ability at the cost of running a specific 5 piece set.
    - It allows for some potential theory crafting of no-pet sorcs (that haven't been viable for many years now) since they can now stack multiple storm calling abilities together and get some decent damage while not losing out on damage from not running the pets.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_Kevin, @ZOS_BrianWheeler I hope you can take this feedback into account. No pet Sorc is desperately looking for a way to catch up with the other classes (and its own pet build) and this set as it currently stands just does not do anything to help facilitate this once very fun and engaging playstyle on a fan favourite class that has been desperate for any kind of love for far too long now.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dk set is ridiculously overpowered. Remove minor and major heroism of this set, maybe add sustain bonus instead, or nerf corrosive armor.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    What I would look into to rework the set to make it help the class instead of just act as another generic proc set:
    Have the set also increase the base Damage of Mages Fury + morphs to the equivalent damage of a regular single target ranged spammable, similar to force pulse.
    - It gives sorcerer a reliable front bar way to proc this set with its current proc conditions quickly and efficiently
    - It gives sorcerer an actual in class spammable that doesn't have a cast time that benefits from sorcs shock damage passives.
    - It frees up desperately needed bar space since sorc now has both an execute and spammable in 1 ability at the cost of running a specific 5 piece set.
    - It allows for some potential theory crafting of no-pet sorcs (that haven't been viable for many years now) since they can now stack multiple storm calling abilities together and get some decent damage while not losing out on damage from not running the pets.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_Kevin, @ZOS_BrianWheeler I hope you can take this feedback into account. No pet Sorc is desperately looking for a way to catch up with the other classes (and its own pet build) and this set as it currently stands just does not do anything to help facilitate this once very fun and engaging playstyle on a fan favourite class that has been desperate for any kind of love for far too long now.

i think this is a cool idea.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on September 19, 2023 8:33AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Hoarcrux
    Hoarcrux
    ✭✭
    This has already been said, but the 34% healing increase for Nightblades will make PvP unplayable to the average player. Veteran players will all be fine, but the other 90% of players will grow to detest PvP if this goes live.

Major heroism on the DK is scary territory and their are builds that allow 100% uptime on corrosive in PvP (Unless you're going to nerf corrosive, like not being able to earn ultimate during corrosive similar to sorcerer overload, this is a scary set)

The necromancer needs love. Using your self as a "Beautiful Corpse" as an ultimate engine is very stale and lack luster. I would much prefer this to be a set that does damage or augments blastbones. (since you always have a corpse ready anyway)

The sorcerer Pylon cannot crit and the damage doesn't scale well. At least make it critable.

Warden actually is Okay IMO

Uptime on Templar Wrath is too low for the set to really make sense. Maybe lower the stacks to 35

Arcanist is fine but the BEAM needs worked on for PvP. It is impossible to land. Players have to "lead their shots" Approx 1.5 seconds ahead of their target and is just awful quality of life since the beam is the majority of damage from the kit

With all that being said, the idea of Class Specific Sets was a huge W by the Devs. (That is saying allot coming from me)
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Templar set looks fun and thematic, the ability to effectively double ult is possibly too strong The wrathful nova might need to be made weaker than a regular nova probably by removing the secondary effects (like Maim, this would also stop it from stepping on the Warden set's toes).

It's hardly a double ult, you can get several regular ones out before you build up the stacks. And don't forget that you pay for it with half of your magicka pool. I wasn't impressed after trying it out in Endless Archive, granted the nova is a decent bit of bonus damage, but to me it doesn't justify the huge magicka cost, or needing to go out of my way to stack it in a timely manner in the first place.
    PC EU
  • caserdar
    caserdar
    ✭✭✭
    the dk set does not actually grant any named buff as "Basalt-Blooded Warrior", meaning you will have to double bar the set to get both of the effects, which isnt what the tooltip suggests. there also seems to be a slight bug where if you only back bar the set and use cinder storm to proc it the obsidian stance buff will refresh itself everytime you swap to back bar, which is not the same for heroism buff, if you only front bar the set and bar swap it wont refresh heroism duration.
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

2. Allow any damage instance from a storm calling ability to summon a monolith. Once per cast or on the 5th tick is just far too slow for how unsynergistic the storm calling DoT abilities are to the sorcerer playstyle.
    3. Have the monoliths themselves deal a portion of the damage the beam deals to targets around them so that it does something while there is only 1 monolith active. This can be set to if only one monolith is active it deals its damage around it instead of dealing damage via the beam.
    4. Make the damage be per beam instead of once every 2 seconds globally from the set with damage values adjusted accordingly. As it currently stands it seems like its not going to be viable for multiple sorcs to run this set to stack the beams damage.
    5. Not as important as the previous 3 points, but increase the number of monoliths summoned or increase their duration to keep the beams active for a longer period.

It would also be great if it were changed to this!
    Additionally, stone damage should also scale off the higher of Weapon or Spell Damage.
    In this way, we may be able to implement a sorc with 1 pet or no pets.
    "是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike the entire idea of the monoliths on a sorc. Sorc is about mobility! I'd rather see something like a lightning rain, something that can move with the sorc or chases the enemy like a sticky dot.
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    May I add that the Monolith of Storms for Sorcerer also provides 2 lines of spell damage and 1 spell crit. Wouldn't be max magicka better ? As not only sorcs in general build into max mag but also the proc condition is using some magicka intense skills like Mages' Fury, liquid Lightning Splash (and possibly streak), and only stamina skill being able to proc is the one morph of lightning form; max magicka would help procking the set itself so it would synergize better with 5 piece bonus.

And its not like it would be too outlandish as they did put 3 lines of max magicka for the arcanists set.
    Edited by grzes848909 on September 19, 2023 12:17PM
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    May I add that the Monolith of Storms for Sorcerer also provides 2 lines of spell damage and 1 spell crit. Wouldn't be max magicka better ? As not only sorcs in general build into max mag but also the proc condition is using some magicka intense skills like Mages' Fury, liquid Lightning Splash (and possibly streak), and only stamina skill being able to proc is the one morph of lightning form; max magicka would help procking the set itself so it would synergize better with 5 piece bonus.

And its not like it would be too outlandish as they did put 3 lines of max magicka for the arcanists set.

In PVP, some Sorc do increase max magicka for better damage shield, but not in PVE.
    Monolith of Storms The first 3 bonuses are very good for PVE and I don't see the need to change them. The real problem is the bonus of 5 items.The damage dealt is too low, it takes too much time to summon the stone, and Sorc rarely uses skills from the Storm Calling skill line.

• grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    ZhuJiuyin wrote: »

In PVP, some Sorc do increase max magicka for better damage shield, but not in PVE.
    Monolith of Storms The first 3 bonuses are very good for PVE and I don't see the need to change them. The real problem is the bonus of 5 items.The damage dealt is too low, it takes too much time to summon the stone, and Sorc rarely uses skills from the Storm Calling skill line.

True, perhaps a compromise where 2 lines are magicka and 1 spell damage or vice versa where they replace the crit chance with max magicka instead. And im aware the 5 piece bonus is more important but Im also certain we shouldn't forget the other stats the sets provide.
  • UsualSurrender
    UsualSurrender
    ✭✭✭
    You don't want to trade Crit Chance for Max Magicka in PvE.
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

True, perhaps a compromise where 2 lines are magicka and 1 spell damage or vice versa where they replace the crit chance with max magicka instead. And im aware the 5 piece bonus is more important but Im also certain we shouldn't forget the other stats the sets provide.

From a PVE perspective, currently 2 lines of spell damage and 1 spell crit are very good.
    And I don't think Monolith of Storms is suitable for PVP, any ground "DOT+AOE", your opponent just needs to...walk away. Unless other debuffs are given like Wall of Elements(ice), the effectiveness of "DOT+AOE" on the ground is not high.

• Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭

Tried the set for 10 mins. It doesnt work with Coil, Siphon.
    It does seem to work with Life amid Death (I got the corpse consuming fx with Renewing Undeath, hard to tell if I actually got the purge), it works with Boneyard (lol) and surprisingly... with Animate Blastbones which is nice since it's the only thing I'm interested in with this set, but the sad part (as always with necro) is that the Beautiful Corpse buff counts as only one corpse so you only get one blastbones out of the ult with just Beautiful Corpse.
    The cooldown reduction cost per Bone Tyrant ability slotted doesnt seem to work. And as expected the set is really bad, even with the apparent bugs fixed, a "free" corpse every 18-14 seconds (14 s being the lowest I would expect on a functional build with Bone Armor, Goliath and Bitter Harvest slotted) is just not very impactful.

So my suggestions for the Nobility in Decay set:
    1. Change the buffs it grants, Minor Resolve is already easily accessible with the ubiquitous Vigor. As much as I hate seeing class issues fixed with sets, why not replace it with Major Sorcery/Brutality? A buff the class struggles to get.
    2. Swap the three and four piece bonuses (healing taken and health) around, the set grants buffs with durations so it can be one-barred but there is nothing worse than a one-bar set with a 4 piece health bonus, players generally dont like seeing their max health fluctuate when switching weapons.

And then either:
    3. Make the Beautiful Corpse buff count as the maximum amount of corpses a specific corpse consuming skill can consume in one cast, like if it's consumed by Bitter Harvest it should count as the max amount of corpses you can absorb with one cast (I think it's 6), it it's consumed by Animate Blastbones it should count as 3 corpses etc...
      Or
    4. Reduce the cooldown, the set is just not strong enough to warrant such a long cooldown.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam

Edit: My mistake, it appears to work with Bitter Harvest and the cooldown reduction works too.
    Edited by Remiem on September 19, 2023 1:39PM
    Balanced by people with no prior gamedev experience, couldn't fix performance issues in a decade, can't code a real matchmaking algorithm to save their lives, more maintenance downtime than all the other MMOs put together, more bugs introduced than bugs fixed every big patch, same stagnant combat for years.
    Done with Elder Joke Online: 2 seconds of input delay on "70" ping edition.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to make stacks for the templar set and remove the 50% magicka cost.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which set did I test out: Monolith of Storms.
    1. What are my thoughts on it:
    - It seems mediocre and not worth considering even for a fun build when a set like storm-cursed exists and even that is not considered for builds.
    - It's another proc set that does ok damage but requires far too many hoops to jump through to make it work effectively and keep it up reliably.
    - Running this on the back bar is not an option since if it is slotted there, you won't proc it while on the front bar where your spammable is slotted and you spend the majority of the time of the rotation, meanwhile the abilities you want to use to proc the set and keep it active during a fight are the Damage over Time abilities (hurricane and lightning flood) which are better suited to being on the back bar.
    - The other issue with it is that the set does nothing when there is only 1 monolith active, meaning it requires at minimum 2 seconds and 2 GCD for the set to do anything at all.

2. The set just feels far too awkward to use effectively with the abilities it relies on to proc it and as such makes for very awkward rotations to get something that is even remotely close to what can be achieved much easier with a generic proc set such as relequen, pillar or whorl.

3. The visual effects are fine, I'm glad they are toned down while still keeping the lightning theme and the monoliths themselves look pretty cool.

4. For this set in particular, I think it needs a complete redesign or a bonus added to it which I will go over later in this post. In it's current form it is just a harder to use generic proc set that makes the rotations awkward. It also doesn't really do anything to help the sorcerer class break away from the pet builds that have been forced onto the class for years now.

I like the idea of the sorc set turning wrath into a spammable.

I also think the set should shift to match the mobility of sorcs AND still fit within the skills in the skill line. Instead of static monoliths, the set should build up stacks of AOE around the character, similar to hurricane or boundless storm. With each stack increasing the damage of the effect and the range of the effect.

This keeps the proc tied to the player for better control of it, and it keeps a lot of the flavor of the skill line anyways, which is mostly torrents of energy, and not really tethers. Tethers are awkward and unmanageable. Especially one that can proc on random damage from your AOE skills.