Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 40 - Feedback Thread for New Class Item Sets

• ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Monolith of Storms cannot compete with any of the popular sets unless given more buffs.
    Arms of Relequen, Aegis Caller., Nirn, Whorl of the Depths are all better and more versatile than Monolith of Storms.
    But I doubt ZOS cares about Sorcer, who has been neglected for too long.

"是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZhuJiuyin wrote: »

Yes, Monolith of Storms cannot compete with any of the popular sets unless given more buffs.
    Arms of Relequen, Aegis Caller., Nirn, Whorl of the Depths are all better and more versatile than Monolith of Storms.
    But I doubt ZOS cares about Sorcer, who has been neglected for too long.

popular sets? it can't compete with meme and trash sets. it's honestly one of worst sets in the game.

you can't proc it, you can't control where it procs, it needs to proc twice before it does anything and it only lasts 10 seconds before you need to proc it again otherwise it returns to a state of doing nothing. then once you've finally got it to do something it's so utterly lacking in damage that there is no point.

it's garbage. utter, complete garbage. anyone who makes any claims otherwise hasn't actually done anything with it on PTS. on paper it's bad, in practise it's far worse.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    look at this utter garbage set.

102k dps - monolith of storms, rele, nerien'eth

054pfucf0xzn.png

qbjlp46c7fc0.png

101k dps - morkuldin, rele, nerien'eth

vh99yssiwwxn.png

abqtnjcsv19l.png

this is on a magsorc, so the max stam and stam regen stats of morkuldin are useless and the only reason monolith came out on top is better frag rng.
    on top of that i've crippled the hell out of build just so i can run flood and hurricane to get good monolith uptime.

I'm actually furious that we're so far into the PTS and all we have is a dev comment about almost having a fix for the crit issue.
    it's unusable.
    it needs a complete rework.
    every single thing about it needs to be changed.
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

Yes, this set is really bad, so I keep calling for this set to be redone & given more buffs.
    But considering ZOS's attitude towards Sorcer, who seems to be the most unpopular child in their family, I doubt we'll see Sorcer or the monolith of storms improved.
    Remember the changes they originally planned to make to Ancient Knowledge? It directly caused Sorcer to lose 10% of DPS. It was not until protests from almost everyone in the forum that it became Ancient Knowledge today.

"是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, Aegis Caller is a better class set than Monolith. It's even the Air Atronach stam sorcs wanted years ago.
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, this set is really bad, so I keep calling for this set to be redone & given more buffs.
    But considering ZOS's attitude towards Sorcer, who seems to be the most unpopular child in their family, I doubt we'll see Sorcer or the monolith of storms improved.
    Remember the changes they originally planned to make to Ancient Knowledge? It directly caused Sorcer to lose 10% of DPS. It was not until protests from almost everyone in the forum that it became Ancient Knowledge today.

i'm so glad they listened to us on that one. it just makes sense.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Sorcerer can't be good at evedything"

Makes DK good at everything 🙃
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today's PTS notes were a fakeout, right? Monolith of Sorms didn't even get the crit fix let alone anything to make it actually usable.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on October 16, 2023 9:03PM
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    Today's PTS notes were a fakeout, right? Monolith of Sorms didn't even get the crit fix let alone anything to make it actually usable.

Yeah... I think they gave up, not just on balance but even on the set too. Either that or there really is skeleton crew with 1-2 people in charge of balancing and nobody else, guess they really are on back burner.
    Edited by grzes848909 on October 16, 2023 4:30PM
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I finally understood that Sorcer’s biggest enemy is ZOS.
    Even though everyone was telling them with loudspeakers how bad Monolith of Storms was, they acted like they didn't hear them.
    Why are they so malicious and indifferent towards Sorcer?
    There is no mention of critical hit repair, no additional BUFF, and even many bugs still exist.
    This kind of product is completely substandard and should be redone!
  • Nebs
    Nebs
    ✭✭✭✭
    The updates today to the Warden's Gardener of Seasons look great. I love the new condition of casting while blocking and I hope the mechanic gets used in the future for other sets! I know Maim doesn't work on boss enemies, but I don't know if Cowardice does either, so I don't know that I care much about that one since I don't do much PVP.

I'm disappointed Monolith of Storms not critting wasn't reiterated in those notes, so it's not clear if the plan is still to address the set not critting or not. I really hope that getting it critting is still the plan.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Those comments about Sorc give me PTSD to this day.

--shiver--
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Those comments about Sorc give me PTSD to this day.

--shiver--

Gestures vaguely at Negate as a justification for everything (while ignoring that everyone is running Stam skills)
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasted opportunity for some awesome sets that would revive some dead skill trees.

It seems clear that the people designing the game don’t play it much.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the deal with monolith of storms? Does combat dev team have some secret idea behind that set that all playerbase is missing? If yes than please share it with us and explain why we are all wrong in thinking that this set is the worst class set that brings nothing to the class and will be used only to get free crafting materials from deconstruction.
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    What's the deal with monolith of storms? Does combat dev team have some secret idea behind that set that all playerbase is missing? If yes than please share it with us and explain why we are all wrong in thinking that this set is the worst class set that brings nothing to the class and will be used only to get free crafting materials from deconstruction.

I have played for thousands of hours. They will
    not explain this. There is no explanation.

To be honest, since unionizing this company’s work ethic seems to bottomed out. They take the stance of “you’ll like what you get or else” rather than trying to keep dedicated players.

They would seemingly rather attract short term money from quick-burn new Epic accounts than implement changes senior players all know
    are needed.
  • Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭
    Nobility in Decay:

No changes, just an announcement for a future fix of a bug I didn't even notice.

I'll repeat myself:
    Remiem wrote: »
    There is one last little change that should be made imo:
    vp6iy6go4rzw.jpg
    It looks like a detail but it's an important one, a 4 items health bonus is really awkward on a one bar set.
    Same long cooldown (as expected), same annoying 4 pieces health bonus when it would be a very quick and noticeable change to swap the 3rd and 4th bonuses around. That would not make the set any stronger, just easier to build around.

And it's not like this set is the only one with this specific issue, a bunch of defensive one bar sets already have this annoying 4 pieces health bonus (off the top of my head: Grace of Gloom, Crest of Cyrodiil, Spectre's Eye, Defending Warrior, Crimson Twilight), you should really stop with that awkward health bonus for future defensive sets that can be one-barred (like this one).
    Balanced by people with no prior gamedev experience, couldn't fix performance issues in a decade, can't code a real matchmaking algorithm to save their lives, more maintenance downtime than all the other MMOs put together, more bugs introduced than bugs fixed every big patch, same stagnant combat for years.
    Done with Elder Joke Online: 2 seconds of input delay on "70" ping edition.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To be honest, since unionizing this company’s work ethic seems to bottomed out. They take the stance of “you’ll like what you get or else” rather than trying to keep dedicated players.

They would seemingly rather attract short term money from quick-burn new Epic accounts than implement changes senior players all know
    are needed.

got nothing to do with unionising, they have always had this attitude.
    for some reason they listened to feedback on every set except the sorc one.

templar stacks reduced
    dk set minor heroism removed
    nightblade ult restrictions removed
    warden proc conditions fixed
    necro they changed it from named buffs to unique buffs
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are needed.

They've never tried to keep dedicated players tho lol
    Edited by RaptorRodeoGod on October 16, 2023 9:00PM
    ---
    ---
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are needed.

templar stacks reduced

They have to let the Sorc set bake 🍞
    ---
    ---
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭

are needed.

templar stacks reduced

For the same reason Necromancer is still worst class for large portion of content. They are more complex than their peers and therefore more difficult to fix. I'm quite certain its a lot easier to fix just some numbers on dk's set from 10 to 20 or make cloak simply give major prophecy when slotted than fixing a necromancer ult that spawns 3 skeletons that bug the poop out of when going up the hill or a set that spawns 3 new entities, need respond to each other, need to detect line of sight, make sure it didn't spawn inside a wall etc.

While such changes wouldn't be too difficult for actual team, right now eso is on life support, most of devs are the skeleton crew and team responsible for the balance is 1, 2 if lucky, guys doing all the balance work while rest of actual staff (supposedly) is working on a new project

Asking for any changes right now is equivelant of asking overworked workers at mcdonalds for ice cream when the machine is broken, there is a massive queue waiting to order and their boss instead of helping gives them more work for deliveries

I do not care how much you want that ice cream, its just not going to happen sadly. I personally nowdays get my ice cream somewhere else.
    Edited by grzes848909 on October 16, 2023 9:12PM
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭

are needed.

templar stacks reduced

For the same reason Necromancer is still worst class for large portion of content. They are more complex than their peers and therefore more difficult to fix. I'm quite certain its a lot easier to fix just some numbers on dk's set from 10 to 20 or make cloak simply give major prophecy when slotted than fixing a necromancer ult that spawns 3 skeletons that bug the poop out of when going up the hill or a set that spawns 3 new entities, need respond to each other, need to detect line of sight, make sure it didn't spawn inside a wall etc.

While such changes wouldn't be too difficult for actual team, right now eso is on life support, most of devs are the skeleton crew and team responsible for the balance is 1, 2 if lucky, guys doing all the balance work while rest of actual staff (supposedly) is working on a new project

Asking for any changes right now is equivelant of asking overworked workers at mcdonalds for ice cream when the machine is broken, there is a massive queue waiting to order and their boss instead of helping gives them more work for deliveries

I do not care how much you want that ice cream, its just not going to happen sadly. I personally nowdays get my ice cream somewhere else.

so you are cutting back time in ESO?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

are needed.

templar stacks reduced

Goes without saying I presume.

Personally began to fall off just before U35 and when most of those changes made it to live despite all the negativity and good feedback, I lost all interest in playing. I check back each PTS, in theory, this patch could of been what brought me back, the idea and prospect of it sounded great.. but it's not there yet. It needs time to "bake".

Speak with your wallet. This is marketed as a free update, but it isn't, your time is money.

Realistically, if I came back I would have been a paying customer again. Counting from before U35, thats a year and a half of ESO+ and occasional crown purchases around the holidays I'm not paying for anymore. I know a lot of people in the same boat as me, it's really sad we love something so much, that is unfortunately incredibly mismanaged and miscomunicated so often.

2 years since hybridization began. Still waiting for that, game is a complete mess.

Looking for any excuse to give ZOS my money at this point.

#SpellCraftingFor10thAniversaryChapter
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 16, 2023 10:13PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

are needed.

templar stacks reduced

#SpellCraftingFor10thAniversaryChapter
    Keep the dream alive!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/644515/tenth-anniversary-gift-spellcrafting#latest
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unsure of how intended it is but, at the present Gardener of Seasons has an interesting interaction with Budding Seeds. Since it ticks every second, it can trigger a second Harbinger of Fall zone before it goes back to being Herald of the Spring with a single cast of the ability.

(In addition, the Minor Heroism appears to still proc during Harbinger of Fall but I think that's probably a bug)

Overall, I'd say the set is interesting but, probably enough of a hassle to get I'm not sure I'll actually have it anytime soon on live unless I get really bored. I'd suggest considering including some shots of it's visuals in some of the promo material. The set's stats might not appeal to people that much but, I think the visuals might draw a few people in.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so i did some more messing around with monolith of storms

you can get some decent uptimes with liquid lightning on the back bar as long as you bar swap off it so that when the first tick happens you're on the front bar which will proc a pylon.

the damage is still not good.
    the damage from liquid lightning is appalling low. lightning flood would have better dps but i preferred the 15 backbar timing from blockade and liquid over unstable and flood.

sustain while running frags was horrendous, but with bound armaments it was fine.

kp8qn6tmacor.png

ct62ribup6pg.png

where the set really runs into trouble though is it's cleave.
    simply put it has none.

i set this up as a simple cleave test
    kj57mndsmxsa.png

primarily focusing down the highlighted target.

almtl0t4xyj3.png

liquid lightning hit every single target dummy. monolith of storms only damage 1 target

nerien'eth hit 5 out of 6 targets

the pylon placement is hugely problematic for this set. it's pretty much just a single target set unless you are using mages fury to manually place the pylons you're never going to get good cleave from it.
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

kp8qn6tmacor.png

ct62ribup6pg.png

The damage of Monolith of storms is still not good, even losing to overland set.
    I don't have screenshots since I'm not running the English version, but below is the parsing I got at 21M.

Venomous Smite, DPS accounted for about 5.5%, DPS: 5699, total damage caused 1174204

Monolith of storms, DPS accounted for about 4.5%, DPS: 4700, total damage caused 926129

Venomous Smite > Monolith of storms
    Moreover, Venomous Smite is also a dot+aoe, and there is no way to get additional buffs from Energized.

Monolith of storms, even if they can crit, are still very bad.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

kp8qn6tmacor.png

ct62ribup6pg.png

The damage of Monolith of storms is still not good, even losing to overland set.
    I don't have screenshots since I'm not running the English version, but below is the parsing I got at 21M.

Venomous Smite, DPS accounted for about 5.5%, DPS: 5699, total damage caused 1174204

Monolith of storms, DPS accounted for about 4.5%, DPS: 4700, total damage caused 926129

Venomous Smite > Monolith of storms
    Moreover, Venomous Smite is also a dot+aoe, and there is no way to get additional buffs from Energized.

Monolith of storms, even if they can crit, are still very bad.

that's my experience also.
    the dps should be more inline with aegis caller.

i swapped 1pc slimecraw and the 5pc of monolith for nerien'eth

ny3nm4duhjnl.png

as established already, nerien'eth has superior cleave and it also has superior single target dps.
    if i could be bothered i'd spend some time comparing storms vs other mid tier proc sets like red mountain but honestly i can't be bothered.

the proc condition sucks, the cleave doesn't work and lightning splash is a weak skill, especially if no one uses the synergy.

With the level of damage this set provides the proc condition should be "on damage".
    The only way I can see them justifying this is the potential cleave with 28m rage, but it's not realistic that anyone can actually make use of it the way the pylons spawn / despawn with 1s / 5s ticks. the lack of control of pylon placement combined with no AOE centered on the pylon itself this is a bad set and shouldn't be used.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure, as a meta endgame set Monolith of Storms is garbage but I'd love to see how it operates in Cyrodiil. I think the set is okay for most situations in the game, except leaderboard HM stuff.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on October 17, 2023 4:51AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Sure, as a meta endgame set Monolith of Storms is garbage but I'd love to see how it operates in Cyrodiil. I think the set is okay for most situations in the game, except leaderboard HM stuff.

not, it's really bad.

it's static aoe that does a small amount of damage every 2 seconds. super easy to avoid and even if it hits the damage isn't impactful.

for most content by the time you have 2 pylons up to start doing damage whatever it is you're trying to damage will be dead. once 3 pylons are spawned you can't spawn any more until the first one times out, so on any sort of mobile fight the pylons will be getting left behind. even if there are multiple targets you can only spawn 1 pylon per second so unless you're spamming lightning splash or lightning form or mages fury on 100% health targets the pylons won't be effective.

if you're running it off your aoe skills like lightning splash or lightning form then the pylons tend to clump up preventing any aoe damage.

the only way i can see to make it work is to manually cast mages fury on 1 target and then cat it on the next target to place your pylons properly. you need to replace the pylons every 10 seconds with method which means you're casting mages fury 2 or 3 times every 10 seconds to keep the pylons up. mages fury does 30% of the damage of a spammable when not in execute so you've sacrificed most of your dps to place the pylons effectively.

seriously, the set sucks.

I know you want to try and have an optimistic or positive spin on it, but i've tried and as it is in PTS right now it's unusable.

If you're looking for a shock themed sorc set I recommend either Overwhelming Surge from Tempest island or Auroran's Thunder from Depths of Malatar.

both sets feel much more in theme than the class set, are easier to use and are honestly just better.