Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.0 is available.

PTS Update 40 - Feedback Thread for New Class Item Sets

• ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a long shot, but let's continue trying to come up with suggestions for Monolith of Storms before U40 is officially released.
    Considering that the U40 is about to be launched, I am afraid there is no time to make too many changes. My suggestions are as follows:

1. Increase the damage coefficient of Monolith of Storms by 1.5 times:
    Thanks to @Tannus15's testing and pictures, we know that by increasing the damage of Monolith of Storms by about 1.5 times, the damage of this set can be similar to Whorl of the Depths.

2. Let Monolith of Storms definitely cause a critical hit every time it does damage:
    Allow Sorc to make full use of Critical Surge, and due to the 125% limit on critical hit damage, this will not make Monolith of Storms lose control in PVE, but will allow Critical Surge to be used more stably in PVP. And the limit of causing damage every 2 seconds also prevents this set from getting out of control in PVE and PVP.

3. Let Monolith of Storms increase the effects of Energized and Capacitor at the same time. Energized is increased from the original 5% to 30%, and Capacitor is increased from 10% to 50%:
    This would give Lightning Splash a chance to compete with Volatile Familiar, and make magicka maintenance easy.

I just hope ZOS will listen to our suggestions and implement them.
    Otherwise Monolith of Storms will forever be remembered as a bad memory by Sorc mains.

"是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if these sets work in non cp campaign?
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nightblade siphoning set is much easier to understand now than when it was first introduced, but it’s also more clearly something I wouldn’t use. But what’s the reason for it, the extra healing just doesn’t seem all that significant.

If all someone ever did was spam sap essence and swallow soul then maybe, yeah it would be pretty neat. Is this for a one or two button solo mage build?

I used to tinker on a stamblade with power extraction, the highest percentage it ever dealt in a trash pack was around 35-40%. But power extraction + this set still doesn’t hold a candle to whirling blades + literally anything else. When Soul Cleaver was introduced and buffing up to 34% damage, it seemed like power extraction might have been a contender
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    My friend who is banned on the forums asked me to post this.
    He tested the wrathsun templar set. Reflective light when cast on 3 new targets each cast results in 3 stacks being gained each second, as long as you keep targeting new targets.
    This can allows you to proc the set within 10 or so seconds in some situations.

Is this intended behavior or a bug?
    Edited by gariondavey on October 28, 2023 1:42AM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    My friend who is banned on the forums asked me to post this.
    He tested the wrathsun templar set. Reflective light when cast on 3 new targets each cast results in 3 stacks being gained each second, as long as you keep targeting new targets.
    This can allows you to proc the set within 10 or so seconds in some situations.

Is this intended behavior or a bug?

Of course if you keep investing more magicka into it, you can spam an ability that does 2k on impact to get a proc that does less than 10k total for its duration.

So you can tank your magicka, and your DPS to get an extra Nova that enemies can walk out of… Impressive.

This set is nowhere near where it needs to be.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on October 28, 2023 2:21AM
  • Grandsheba
    Grandsheba
    ✭✭✭
    My issues are, I don't get the balance there.

The necromancer one doesn't offer anything the necromancer can't already do and doesn't bring anything new to the necromancer to even bother using it. Unlike skill line sets that create amazing bonuses.

This change utilizes a feature already in the game but keeps to the strategic theme of the necromancer play style.

Nobility in Decay

(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (5 items) Casting a corpse consumer ability grants you Beautiful Corpse giving you, Minor Protection, and Minor Resolve for 16 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 5% and increasing your Armor by 2974. This can occur once every 20 seconds, and is reduced by 2 seconds for each slotted Bone Tyrant ability. 

When casting a corpse consumer ability, the bone shards will grow over each consumed corpse, creating a 6m shadowy mist. And when someone stands in that mist's radius, it explodes for 20x your current ultimate once every 20 seconds.

(Does not consume ultimate.)

I feel all class sets should focus on the play style of the class. Especially the night blade one as well. The wording could also be better.
    "The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven and by its apex one can be as he will. Be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [CHIM] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals."
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grandsheba wrote: »
    My issues are, I don't get the balance there.

The necromancer one doesn't offer anything the necromancer can't already do and doesn't bring anything new to the necromancer to even bother using it. Unlike skill line sets that create amazing bonuses.

This change utilizes a feature already in the game but keeps to the strategic theme of the necromancer play style.

Nobility in Decay

(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (5 items) Casting a corpse consumer ability grants you Beautiful Corpse giving you, Minor Protection, and Minor Resolve for 16 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 5% and increasing your Armor by 2974. This can occur once every 20 seconds, and is reduced by 2 seconds for each slotted Bone Tyrant ability. 

When casting a corpse consumer ability, the bone shards will grow over each consumed corpse, creating a 6m shadowy mist. And when someone stands in that mist's radius, it explodes for 20x your current ultimate once every 20 seconds.

(Does not consume ultimate.)

I feel all class sets should focus on the play style of the class. Especially the night blade one as well. The wording could also be better.

Week 4 of the PTS;

umsvrdsszly1.jpeg

The set is significantly better now, and reinforces the survivability of the class fitting the skill line it was made for.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like feedback regarding sorc's set was completly ignored. What's the point to even make threads like this one.
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    So it looks like feedback regarding sorc's set was completly ignored. What's the point to even make threads like this one.
    The break down in communication and disregard of player feedback has been persistent throughout the last several update cycles.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should of made these new class sets 4-piece instead of 5. It would of made them stronger and opened up more build diversity. Outside of the DK set the rest of these are completely non-meta shifting.