Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 40 - Feedback Thread for New Class Item Sets

• Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    Monolith is bad in every way and “fixing” the crit isn’t going to change that.
    Funnily enough what just happened is a nerf since sorcs run single target CP because their cleave is so bad overall.

The damage is woefully inadequate.
    The proc conditions are terrible.

This is easily the worst class set.

I don’t know, Templar’s set is pretty rough. The only skill that would receive a notable spike in damage with the 25% increase would be Dark Flare but you need to run the other morph to build stacks so it’s completely wasted.

25% of less than 2,000 ticks of Sun Fire.
    25% of less than 2,000 ticks of Solar Barrage.
    25% of less than 7,000 explosions of Backlash.
    25% of Unstable Core? Really?
    25% of Glory makes Oppression.
    25% of less than 4,000 ticks of a stationary Nova.

Did I mention you lose half your Magicka when the extra Nova falls? So you’re not going to be using many of these horrid abilities when you get your increase to damage to begin with.

You have to micromanage up to 50 stacks with your timers to make sure your abilities are all active as that buff procs, and it’s such a low number considering that all of the damage it buffs are below spammable level.

I'm not saying the templar set is the best thing in the world, but it's far better than the sorc set.

It’s not even good, yet alone close to the best. If you read a bit higher in the thread, you can see that I’m in favor of a damage boost to the Sorc set, at least to increase the proc to comparable DPS as Whorl of the Depths.

To say the Templar set is decent is extremely disingenuous.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on October 9, 2023 9:30PM
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funnily enough what just happened is a nerf since sorcs run single target CP because their cleave is so bad overall.

I don’t know, Templar’s set is pretty rough. The only skill that would receive a notable spike in damage with the 25% increase would be Dark Flare but you need to run the other morph to build stacks so it’s completely wasted.

25% of less than 2,000 ticks of Sun Fire.
    25% of less than 2,000 ticks of Solar Barrage.
    25% of less than 7,000 explosions of Backlash.
    25% of Unstable Core? Really?
    25% of Glory makes Oppression.
    25% of less than 4,000 ticks of a stationary Nova.

Did I mention you lose half your Magicka when the extra Nova falls? So you’re not going to be using many of these horrid abilities when you get your increase to damage to begin with.

You have to micromanage up to 50 stacks with your timers to make sure your abilities are all active as that buff procs, and it’s such a low number considering that all of the damage it buffs are below spammable level.

I'm sorry, but this is just not true, the templar set is miles ahead of monolith

Plar set:
    - doesn't force you to completely destroy your bar set up to proc a set that is forced into being slotted on the front bar but requires using back bar abilities to proc it even remotely consistently.
    - doesn't force you to give up your best class DoTs to fit the objectively worse abilities required to proc it
    - provides something unique that is not just another terrible generic proc
    - actually does something as soon as you use it
    - doesn't limit itself to only 1 plar using it in group play

Don't get me wrong, the Plar set is not great, but at least it is not actively making your dps and rotations worse to even attempt to use it.
    Edited by Turtle_Bot on October 9, 2023 9:35PM
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can you please explain why you decided not only to not fix the glaring issues with the monolith of the storms set that was pointed out in countless feedback threads as well as countless times on this thread as well, but actively decided to make the set a minimum of 18% to 24% weaker by changing its damage type from single target direct damage to area of effect damage over time.

For context.
    Sorcs use Lightning staff due to the changes last patch where lightning staff now buffs all direct damage, of which is the majority of sorcerer class abilities.
    This is a 12% damage loss on monolith of the storms set proc after you changed its damage type.
    Sorcs also slot the direct damage slottable CP Master At Arms for the same reasons sorcs run lightning staffs.
    This is a 6% damage loss on monolith of the storms set proc after you changed its damage type.
    Sorcs also slot the single target direct damage slottable CP Deadly Aim for the same reasons sorc runs lightning staffs and master at arms
    This is a further 6% damage loss on monolith of the storms set proc after you changed its damage type.

This total 18% to 24% damage drop on a set that was already 5% to 10% behind post nerf pillar of nirn is crazy.

No amount of crit will ever fix this, let alone make up for the horrendous proc conditions the set demands you to fulfil to even use it in the first place.

Please, for the love of this game, just delete this set from the game and go back to the drawing board and redesign the set from scratch.
    This set not only missed the mark, it has now straight up done a 180 and is flying straight back at the bow that fired it.
    This set is so dead and buried after these changes that even necromancers refuse to use its corpse.

Edit: Updated because the proc counts as AoE so its actually closer to a 24% nerf instead of 18%. This is absurd considering it was already one of the worst sets out of the entire batch.
    Edited by Turtle_Bot on October 9, 2023 11:13PM
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not like the fact that they have already decided to go with those overall designs on both the Templar and the Sorc sets.
    The templar set will eat half your magicka to give the opponent something to walk out of, and you have very little control over when it fires, and at what.
    The sorc set is just... I mean, it does prove beyond reasonable doubt that they have not learned a thing about how bad those static tether thingies are from the entire Necromancer skillset.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get Magicka Regen, I can’t remember the last time any of my DPS failed to sustain a parse after Hybridization.

Last I checked nobody was running Nova before, and even with this set, I doubt they’ll start running it now. Major Maim is useless, the synergy is the only decent thing about the ability, and your 25% proc isn’t going to increase a friend’s synergy damage.

Losing half of your resources is garbage, especially if you’re primarily using Magicka, and if you combined the damage increases of all of the 25% buffs, you’re getting less than 5k DPS from your 25% increase, and a Nova during that tiny window, with a massive downtime on the set. You need 50 stacks, and in any single target fight, you’re going to be getting one tick of Sun Fire every 2 seconds, one tick of Solar Flare every 2 seconds, and one tick of Backlash every 6. That means you will be getting 14 of your 50 stacks every 12 seconds and the buff lasts 10 seconds, meaning you will only fit one backlash in during that window.

Which, would be 8k to 10k DPS if the DoTs getting buffed hit every second instead of every 2, keeping in mind that a perfect rotation would see the set having 1/4th of an uptime every minute, assuming the target is standing still to be hit by the Nova.

If the stacks were cut by a third, you would be able to use Dark Flare as a spammable and get the set to the “decent” range, if the stacks were cut in half, the set would be great.

As it stands, Wrathsun is…

From a PvE DPS perspective, below average.

From a PvP solo or small group play perspective, is horrendous.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on October 9, 2023 10:07PM
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody is saying the plar set is good. But you cannot compare it to the sorc set.

As it stands, Monolith is...

From a PvE DPS perspective, is completely unusable and actively hinders your DPS and rotations.

From a PvP solo or small group play perspective, is completely unusable.

From a PvP zerg perspective, is completely unusable.
    Edited by Turtle_Bot on October 9, 2023 10:39PM
  • monkidb16_ESO
    monkidb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest issue with these class sets is that they have to compete with META 5-piece sets and so they would have to outperform a lot of other sets if they are to see any play at all, especially for those where you have to heavily commit to a single skill line (NB, Templar, Sorc).

This could be easily fixed by turning them into 2 piece Sets, thus only competing with Monster Sets or Arena Weapons.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    Nobody is saying the plar set is good. But you cannot compare it to the sorc set.

From a PvE DPS perspective, is completely unusable and actively hinders your DPS and rotations.

this, so this.

we're talking half the damage of a monster set like nerien'eth or illambris and a 3rd of the dps of a set like depths or nirn even after you gimp your build enough to actually proc the set in the first place.

the plar set needs work, but you can tinker with the numbers and it would be good. reduce the number of stacks or increase the damage buff time or whatever. there are several areas you can tweak one number and improve it to a competitive set.

the sorc set is just garbage. it fundamentally just doesn't work.
    if you want a sorc class set just run Auroran's Thunder, it feels more lightning sorc and the proc conditions don't suck.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue with these class sets is that they have to compete with META 5-piece sets and so they would have to outperform a lot of other sets if they are to see any play at all, especially for those where you have to heavily commit to a single skill line (NB, Templar, Sorc).

This could be easily fixed by turning them into 2 piece Sets, thus only competing with Monster Sets or Arena Weapons.

3pc sets would be so much better.
    i'd give them 1pc and 2pc bonuses like trainee and then a cool 3pc bonus.
    then people will care less about the slow drop rate from EA because you only need a few drops to make the set work.
    you can run an arena weapon with it so you're buffing 1 skill line plus 1 skill instead of a 5pc set. or a 5pc, a class set, a mythic and a monster set.

this would be better in every way.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

we're talking half the damage of a monster set like nerien'eth or illambris and a 3rd of the dps of a set like depths or nirn even after you gimp your build enough to actually proc the set in the first place.

Wait till you test it with the 18% to 24% nerf it got thanks to having its damage type changed so it no longer works with lightning staff bonus damage and the mandatory CP slotted by sorcs, master at arms and deadly aim.

The set is just dead now (not even worth releasing), it's not even worth looking at for a fun option because its damage is so pathetic and the requirements to proc it are that bad.

Edit: I say 18% to 24% because some sorcs will have the AoE CP slotted, but not all sorcs have that slotted since it does nothing for their spammable and many other abilities.
    Edited by Turtle_Bot on October 9, 2023 11:30PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait till you test it with the 18% to 24% nerf it got thanks to having its damage type changed so it no longer works with lightning staff bonus damage and the mandatory CP slotted by sorcs, master at arms and deadly aim.

The set is just dead now (not even worth releasing), it's not even worth looking at for a fun option because its damage is so pathetic and the requirements to proc it are that bad.

Edit: I say 18% to 24% because some sorcs will have the AoE CP slotted, but not all sorcs have that slotted since it does nothing for their spammable and many other abilities.

what, like this?

mnyiuhts42a1.png

it's so bad. I just can't even...
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what, like this?

mnyiuhts42a1.png

it's so bad. I just can't even...

yep, exactly like that.
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember ever seeing a game developer be so unfamiliar with their product and so indifferent to community feedback.
    Patch v9.2.3 was a real eye-opener.

They completely ignored the community's feedback on Monolith of the Storms and even decided to nerf it? This is another insult to all sorcers and shows that ZOS is so unfamiliar with sorcers that they don't even know what kind of CP stars sorcers usually carry. I doubt that any sorcer player picked from the forum can completely defeat the ZOS staff in PVP/PVE.

Yes, Monolith of the Storms is dead and we can start preparing for the funeral now.

Monolith of the Storms should not be Area of ​​Effect Damage over Time. This should be a channeling effect (same as Lightning Staff and Summon Storm Atronach) on multiple single targets (just like Daedric Mines)! Otherwise, this would contradict the changes in ancient knowledge.

And in case the developers of zos don't know, the most commonly used CPs by sorcer are Deadly Aim and Master-at-Arms. Because most of Sorcer's skills are single target attacks & direct damage attacks.

Yes, sorcers complain about the lack of AOE, but gaining AOE through nerfing overall DPS is certainly unnecessary, not to mention losing more DPS due to Monolith of the Storms' poor trigger conditions. Using Monolith of the Storms will only reduce the sorcer's DPS to 120K or even lower, and the AOE damage gained cannot make up for the loss at all.
    Edited by ZhuJiuyin on October 10, 2023 1:40AM
    "是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZhuJiuyin wrote: »
    I can't remember ever seeing a game developer be so unfamiliar with their product and so indifferent to community feedback.
    Patch v9.2.3 was a real eye-opener.

They completely ignored the community's feedback on Monolith of the Storms and even decided to nerf it? This is another insult to all sorcers and shows that ZOS is so unfamiliar with sorcers that they don't even know what kind of CP stars sorcers usually carry. I doubt that any sorcer player picked from the forum can completely defeat the ZOS staff in PVP/PVE.

Yes, Monolith of the Storms is dead and we can start preparing for the funeral now.

Monolith of the Storms should not be Area of ​​Effect Damage over Time. This should be a channeling effect (same as Lightning Staff and Summon Storm Atronach) on multiple single targets (just like Daedric Mines)! Otherwise, this would contradict the changes in ancient knowledge.

And in case the developers of zos don't know, the most commonly used CPs by sorcer are Deadly Aim and Master-at-Arms. Because most of Sorcer's skills are single target attacks & direct damage attacks.

Yes, sorcers complain about the lack of AOE, but gaining AOE through nerfing overall DPS is certainly unnecessary, not to mention losing more DPS due to Monolith of the Storms' poor trigger conditions. Using Monolith of the Storms will only reduce the sorcer's DPS to 120K or even lower, and the AOE damage gained cannot make up for the loss at all.

I mean Monolith of Storms was dead on arrival like most 5 piece sets in the game 🤷‍♂️
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean Monolith of Storms was dead on arrival like most 5 piece sets in the game 🤷‍♂️

You are right, if this is the final version of Monolith of Storms, let us pray that it rests in peace, amen.

"是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remiem wrote: »
    Nobility in Decay:

Much better, it's now worth slotting.
    Obviously it won't patch the class biggest issue which is offense (I guess players will have to wait for the future Grave Lord set for that) but clearly the set was conceived with survivability in mind and now it's good for that at least.

There is one last little change that should be made imo:
    vp6iy6go4rzw.jpg
    It looks like a detail but it's an important one, a 4 items health bonus is really awkward on a one bar set.

You read my thoughts, today I also wanted to suggest swapping the Maximum Health and Healing Done bonuses. The Maximum Health bonus for 4 items is extremely inconvenient when the set is used on the back bar.

But in general I think the developers made a mistake, the beautiful corpse should be a set bonus for Grave Lord Skill line and have a shorter cooldown to provide better synergy for siphoning skills, and the set should have offensive characteristics.

As it stands, Nobility in Decay is just a good (but not the best) defensive back bar set for PvP, I don't think anyone would be interested in it in PvE. Overall it's not what necro needed at the moment.
    Edited by i11ionward on October 10, 2023 6:19AM
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the mobile corpse mechanic, none of the class sets elevate the class trees.
    Most class sets grant some generic buffs to healing/damage or have overcomplicated proc requirements.

Why can't these class sets function like arena weapons and significantly change the skills?
    Or at least the way the ultimate works?
    • Imagine a mobile negate that follows the player like a permafrost, or it becomes a silence/exhaust of stam skills.
    • What if you could summon the bone goliath instead of transforming?
    • Or make shade also use soul tether when you ult so you can overlap aoes.

So much potential wasted.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    monolith of storms vs auron's thunder

I another thread I joking suggested that Auron's Thunder is a better sorc class set than the sorc set because it looks and feels more storm calling like.

then I thought i'd test it. the primary difference in the skills is dropping scamp so that i can front bar lightning flood in order to keep up the monoliths.

oy9wnbfgoesa.png

e9z1bcakxf27.png

tbcl79xihvp1.png

2h5dpaveqce6.png

and just to highlight how bad auron's thunder is:
    6ya36tmip0d8.png

• ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    monolith of storms vs auron's thunder

I another thread I joking suggested that Auron's Thunder is a better sorc class set than the sorc set because it looks and feels more storm calling like.

then I thought i'd test it. the primary difference in the skills is dropping scamp so that i can front bar lightning flood in order to keep up the monoliths.

oy9wnbfgoesa.png

e9z1bcakxf27.png

tbcl79xihvp1.png

2h5dpaveqce6.png

and just to highlight how bad auron's thunder is:
    6ya36tmip0d8.png

Thanks for testing!
    There is no doubt that monolith of storms need more buffs. Otherwise, even a set like auron's thunder, which is considered useless, outperforms the monolith of storms in terms of DPS performance.

The current proc of monolith of storms can only be described as terrible. Even if it is not planned to be redone, the damage it causes needs to be increased by 2~3 times, otherwise no sorcer will be willing to use this set.

How ironic it would be if more than half of the sorcer players continued to use the old toy (Nirn) after release and refused to use the monolith of storms. Even if Nirn is nerfed, the monolith of storms still has no qualifications to compete with it now.

• Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭
    i11ionward wrote: »
    But in general I think the developers made a mistake, the beautiful corpse should be a set bonus for Grave Lord Skill line and have a shorter cooldown to provide better synergy for siphoning skills, and the set should have offensive characteristics.
    I don't know about that, necro's issue is not corpse generation imo which is what this set helps with but the offensive uses necro gets out of them, siphon is just bad and animate blastbones too costly/unreliable/unwieldy in anything that isnt a duel, so even a shorter cooldown wouldnt help much with offensive uses.
    The cooldown or the cooldown reduction should still be buffed because self tethering is not the incredible "clever and new use" ZOS think it is but I don't expect it at this point, just swapping the bonuses around is a more realistic request and would make the set a decent backbar option.
    i11ionward wrote: »
    As it stands, Nobility in Decay is just a good (but not the best) defensive back bar set for PvP, I don't think anyone would be interested in it in PvE. Overall it's not what necro needed at the moment.
    Definitely not what the class needed but ZOS intended the set to be defensive and now it's decent (albeit selfish which makes it useless in PvE), not much more can be asked.
    Balanced by people with no prior gamedev experience, couldn't fix performance issues in a decade, can't code a real matchmaking algorithm to save their lives, more maintenance downtime than all the other MMOs put together, more bugs introduced than bugs fixed every big patch, same stagnant combat for years.
    Done with Elder Joke Online: 2 seconds of input delay on "70" ping edition.
  • Nebs
    Nebs
    ✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense that Monolith of Storms isn't a single target damage effect, it can strike many targets at once. I think it not being ST also helps encourage Sorcerer players to not focus on ST CPs and the like. Though it is really unfortunate that the damage being considered a DoT means lightning staves don't benefit the set at all.

Personally, I'm still getting used to lightning staves not benefiting AoE abilities from our last combat overhaul. Yet another lightning damaging set, never mind one focused on Sorcerer's specifically, that doesn't benefit from lightning staves is really jarring.

I'd really like this set's damage to be considered direct damage the way the Sorcerer's Power Overload's heavy attacks are channeled direct damage, especially since it's a proc that places something on the battle field and only ticks every 2 seconds and doesn't even snare its targets. Either that, or make lightning staves benefit AoE abilities again so that they benefit almost all of the existing lightning abilities in the game.
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remiem wrote: »
    I don't know about that, necro's issue is not corpse generation imo which is what this set helps with but the offensive uses necro gets out of them, siphon is just bad and animate blastbones too costly/unreliable/unwieldy in anything that isnt a duel, so even a shorter cooldown wouldnt help much with offensive uses.
    The cooldown or the cooldown reduction should still be buffed because self tethering is not the incredible "clever and new use" ZOS think it is but I don't expect it at this point, just swapping the bonuses around is a more realistic request and would make the set a decent backbar option.
    Necro may have situations where there is a problem with the generation of corpses, but this is only 2-3 seconds at the beginning of the battle, I don’t think that this is a real problem. In my opinion, the beautiful corpse is an attempt by the developers to improve the bad siphoning skills (obviously, siphoning skills are the best targets for using a beautiful corpse). But it would be better if the developers simply improved the skills. And in the end, we have a set that, according to the description, gives more power for using siphoning skills, but in reality does not make much of an impact.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebs wrote: »
    It makes sense that Monolith of Storms isn't a single target damage effect, it can strike many targets at once. I think it not being ST also helps encourage Sorcerer players to not focus on ST CPs and the like.

this won't happen unless lightning flood gets a significant buff. the only sorc AOE skills are lightning flood, scamp activation and lightning form. and no one runs lightning flood unless the group just want another synergy.

because they are so spammable focused and reliant on frags / bound armaments as well as the pet passive attacks their direct damage accounts for something like 75% of their total damage.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nebs wrote: »
    It makes sense that Monolith of Storms isn't a single target damage effect, it can strike many targets at once. I think it not being ST also helps encourage Sorcerer players to not focus on ST CPs and the like. Though it is really unfortunate that the damage being considered a DoT means lightning staves don't benefit the set at all.

Unfortunately this won't get sorcs to swap out their CP.

To slot the AoE CP, they will have to give up another CP that is buffing their spammable, pets, curse which is a lot of damage to lose out on just for a 6% buff to this set (after it got nerfed by 18 to 24% because of the change to its damage type).

@Tannus15 explained it well, the vast majority of sorcs damage is single target, direct damage, so to make swapping the CP worth it to account for the nerf the change in damage type brought, sorcs entire damage would need to be reworked to deal a lot more AoE damage.

Agreed that majority of the shock (lightning) damage sets do need a rework to better synergise with sorc and lightning staff, (especially this set), or sorc rework to synergise with shock sets, unfortunately based on the comments on threads discussing sorcs here on the forums, a proper rework for sorcerer doesn't seem possible, too many non-sorcs will cry far too much if it were to ever happen. :disappointed:
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monolith of Storms VS Arms of Relequen

Considering both Monolith of Storms and Arms of Relequen benefit from Energized (Increases your Physical and Shock Damage by 5%), and neither currently deals critical hits, they are on the same starting point.

Monolith of Storms Current:
    Dealing 3064 Shock Damage every 2 seconds
    An enemy can only take damage from this set once every 2 seconds.

Arms of Relequen:
    When Light and Heavy attacks apply, Harmful winds deal 205 Physical damage per stack every 1 second. This effect can stack once every half second, up to 10 times

Comparison of damage caused in 10 seconds (maximum value):
    Monolith of Storms: 3064*5=15320
    1. Requires at least 2 GCD + specific skills
    2. And only one sorcer can wear it in the team
    3.AOE+DOT, cannot be buffed by Deadly Aim and Master-at-Arms

Arms of Relequen:2050*10=20500
    1. Stack is required, but the prco condition is Light attacks, so GCD is not required
    2. Can be worn by multiple people at the same time
    3. Single target + DOT, can be buffed by Deadly Aim

in conclusion:
    1. Damage: 20500>15320
    2.proc difficulty: Light attacks stack > 2GCD+specific skills
    3. Versatility: Can be worn by multiple people at the same time > Can only be worn by one sorcer
    4. Additional gain: single target + DOT > AOE + DOT

Please buff Monolith of Storms or remake it, otherwise all the sorcer gets is just another set that will be discarded to oblivion.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »

What do you mean?! They added some Magicka restore to Radiant Glory! What more could you possibly want?!

I don’t know how I read past this… yeah it’s so odd that we get a set that drains half of our magicka the same patch that we get multiple changes to our abilities regarding sustain.

Radiant Aura/Repentence now give their slotted effects passively on both bars and that wicked strange buff to Radiant Glory.

Can anyone recall a time when there was a request to buff Magicka return on Templar? There are so many other trouble areas on the class that need help, I’ve said it a million times by now, but…
    • Sun Shield is a skill people mistake for a style page because neither of it’s morphs have shown up on their death recap…
    • Hasty Ritual and it’s other morph are not getting any better.
    • Breath of Life used to be incredible, now you never hear of this morph, it’s ability to heal multiple people is nowhere near where it needs to be given it’s cost.
    • Radiant Aura even after getting buffed still doesn’t keep up with other abilities that provide the same Minor Recoveries.
    • Sun Fire is still the most basic vanilla DoT in the whole game with Vampire’s Bane gaining nothing additional against Vampires to even earn its namesake. Did I mention this still ticks every other second?
    • Nova’s Major Maim hasn’t been necessary in groups since they gutted the debuff from 30% to 10%, making the morph that allows the debuff to stick to enemies flat out silly.
    • Unstable Core is still limited to one target at a time even though it costs nearly 4,000 magicka.
    • Dark Flare still has Empower and Major Defile, two buffs that are brittle, decrepit, hollow shells of what they once were and the ability has a cast time yet still hits less hard than Concealed Weapon.
    • Don’t even get me going on some of our vanilla passives…

All-in-all, there is a reason why all Templar’s are running the same builds, ignoring the same skills. If they were usable, people would use them.

This new Wrathsun set would be an answer to players being unable to use Dark Flare if they weren’t pigeonholed into the other morph of the skill to build stacks because the count of 50 should be 25 at a maximum of 1 stack per second.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on October 12, 2023 7:28AM
  • FoJul
    FoJul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why did y’all nerf soulcleaver so hard? The set is now trash…
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know what to think of Soulcleaver in patch 9.2.3. Including the ultimate was a step forward, but at the cost of several steps back I feel. The persistent question that remains in everyone's minds about these new class sets is "why bother using this set if I can use something better?" At best Soulcleaver might open up some flavor rp builds but the problem still remains that these are 5-piece sets with stat lines that aren't easy to optimize around if we want to use that 'build variety' in a more competitive setting.

Idk, it just doesn't seem like enough incentive to grind the Endless Archive.
  • Nebs
    Nebs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used Nobility in Decay and found that the aura color and appearance was nice, but I couldn't ever tell when I was available as a corpse to use. I had beckoning armor on basically at times so maybe that was blocking my view?

I don't like that the set can't benefit my allies at all, so it doesn't even feel like a good option to use in the Endless Archive itself when I'm playing with a friend.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZhuJiuyin wrote: »
    Monolith of Storms VS Arms of Relequen

Considering both Monolith of Storms and Arms of Relequen benefit from Energized (Increases your Physical and Shock Damage by 5%), and neither currently deals critical hits, they are on the same starting point.

Monolith of Storms Current:
    Dealing 3064 Shock Damage every 2 seconds
    An enemy can only take damage from this set once every 2 seconds.

Arms of Relequen:
    When Light and Heavy attacks apply, Harmful winds deal 205 Physical damage per stack every 1 second. This effect can stack once every half second, up to 10 times

Comparison of damage caused in 10 seconds (maximum value):
    Monolith of Storms: 3064*5=15320
    1. Requires at least 2 GCD + specific skills
    2. And only one sorcer can wear it in the team
    3.AOE+DOT, cannot be buffed by Deadly Aim and Master-at-Arms

Arms of Relequen:2050*10=20500
    1. Stack is required, but the prco condition is Light attacks, so GCD is not required
    2. Can be worn by multiple people at the same time
    3. Single target + DOT, can be buffed by Deadly Aim

in conclusion:
    1. Damage: 20500>15320
    2.proc difficulty: Light attacks stack > 2GCD+specific skills
    3. Versatility: Can be worn by multiple people at the same time > Can only be worn by one sorcer
    4. Additional gain: single target + DOT > AOE + DOT

Please buff Monolith of Storms or remake it, otherwise all the sorcer gets is just another set that will be discarded to oblivion.

Logic is sound.. except Arms of Relequen actually ticks twice a second due to the set ticking the exact moment you light attack then ticking again 1 second later. Since light attack weaving skills is actually about 1.05s on average due to the GCD, you refresh Relequen about 0.05s after it just ticked, thus averaging 2 ticks a second.

This is why Relequen is so strong despite having a deceptively low tooltip, not a bug, ZOS is well aware and has adjusted the set multiple times without changing this aspect so clearly they're happy with it.

So the 20500 quoted tooltip is actually closer to 41000 over 15320.

Really the comparison isn't useful either way because Monolith has already been confirmed as bugged and will crit when they fix it, it's better to compare it to a set that is an AOE DOT, stationary, and can crit. Most popular set I can think of is Aegis Caller.

Aegis Caller ticks 10 times, once a second over 9 seconds, with a 12 second cooldown. Tooltip is 478 with a base character.

Monolith with a base character is 680. Since Monolith ticks every 2s, we can devide it by 2 to better compare it, that 680 becomes 340.

340/478= 0.71

Conclusion: With the current tooltip, when Monolith can crit, it's only dealing 71% the damage of Aegis Caller.

Now, you could say Aegis Caller has some downtime. That 10 ticks is every 12s, so really, Aegis Caller on average would deal 398 damage per second. This is obviously more comparable to Monoliths 340, but somehow still stronger.

Monolith has the potential for 100% uptime, but in actual practice it has terrible proc conditions, requires multiple skills that aren't worth slotting on a front bar or at all, ticks every 2s despite being a ground aoe dot, and only 1 person can use it in a group.

The set could deal an extra 50% and it still wouldn't be useful despite having similar(still less) DPS to Aegis Caller... Mind you, a generic set available to everyone.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit