Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What's the best Houses?

JusticeForJilarga
JusticeForJilarga
✭✭✭
This one is looking for a pleasant home to sit back and relax.Are there any houses that any would recommend to JusticeForJilarga?
Edited by JusticeForJilarga on August 17, 2019 12:10AM
Leader Of The Children Of Razum Dar Guild (Khajiit Guild) on All 6 MegaServers

Khajiit Quote Of The Day.
"These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 'best' house will vary from person to person. It's a matter of style preference, a particular location you're fond of, your personal budget and housing needs, etc. Generally speaking, I'd recommend houses with good relative value, as you definitely get more bang for your buck with some homes.
    • From small houses, Autumn's Gate (Nord style), Black Vine Villa (High Elf style), and Twin Arches (Redguard style) are great options. They all have gardens (not all small houses do) and have nicely sized interiors too.
    • From medium houses, Velothi Reverie (Dark Elf style), Sleek Creek House (Khajiit style) and Ald Velothi Harbor House (Redoran style) are pretty good. Velothi Reverie has some of the best interiors ingame, Sleek Creek is in an excellent location and has natural water in the garden though it's comparatively small, and Ald Velothi is a bit of an odd style but is quite spacious inside and out.
    • From large homes, Hunding's Palatial Hall (Redguard style) is by far the best value with its large interior and an entire seashore outside.
    That said, you should decide what kind of house you would personally enjoy, because maybe I wouldn't recommend them but perhaps you'd love nothing more than a cozy Argonian mudhut. It helps if you decide which racial styles you enjoy and then narrow it down from there. Do you want a garden or not? Do you need a house with many rooms or a larger open plan interior? Do you require natural water in the garden? Etc. :smile: Btw you can visit and explore all available houses ingame by traveling to them from the Crown Store preview option or the Collections menu, you may find that useful in making a decision.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    A "Cozy Argonian Mud hut"? This one thanks the help but that house doesn't sound good. Don't want to get mud in the Fur and get it all messy. This one is just looking for some good value for money without messing up the fur.

"These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird makes good points! Everyone’s taste is different. I wanted a grove but I had specific ideas I wanted for the interior and liked the layout of the Alinor Townhouse best and am glad I bought it. Plus I get more trees and view of a waterfall for free with Hall of the Lunar Champion! :smiley:

My recommendation is to preview lots of properties until you find what suites your own vision and taste. :)
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the snow globe home feels pretty huge for only 4200
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hundings, hands down, for the ocean, being able to build up and in odd areas of the map, just generally being awesome
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends what you want from your home. I like Sleek Creek very much but couldn't live without Sugarbowl Suite and Snugpod for their convenient locations. I think the Alinor Crest townhouse is beautiful although I don't own it.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    This one is not saying @bluebird didn't have any good points. As for the question they asked this one is looking for a nice Khajiit home.

@ErinM31 which houses would you recommend checking out first based on this ones criteria?

@StabbityDoom This one visited hundlings. JusticeForJilarga thinks that it has a nice view of the Sea and a nice Pool. This one is putting the home on the list for consideration.
    m2gsx3es67hs.jpg
    Edited by JusticeForJilarga on August 17, 2019 8:55AM

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JusticeForJilarga - You may want to check the ESO Fashion website for a list of all houses, with images and videos. There should even be personalized showcases posted for each house:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/homes-list/
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, it really depends on what you want. If you just want a place that's thematically appropriate to relax, I'd choose one based on ambience and the view offered. With that in mind, here are my suggestions:

Hunding's Palatial Hall has a stellar view, which is typically my biggest deciding factor in buying a house (I bought Tel Galen because it has the highest "invisible ceiling" of all the houses). Sleek Creek and the Cyrodiilic Jungle House are both fairly cheap, with lovely outdoor areas for creating gardens, and both are in conveniently Khajiit-themed locations. Sleek Creek has a nicer view than the Jungle House, though.

Strident Springs has lovely views, a Khajiit-themed location, and a ton of space, but the floor plan is pretty basic. Amaya Lake Lodge has stellar views and a unique layout, though the Vvardenfell location might turn you off. Both of these are pretty expensive, though.

I've actually fallen in love with the HotLC recently, but it can be hard to decide what to do with it.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it comes down to backstory and that character's values. My Altmer prizes living in Alinor for 101 reasons, the choice of home was never going to be a broad one. Your character might value privacy, or closeness to a guild or work/craft area. Let that narrow your choice down a bit. Also remember that the biggest homes often feel the pinch of item number restrictions the worst. It is sometimes far easier to decorate a medium home than a mansion.

If I was playing a Khajiit who loved home and her culture,Sleek Creek would be a great choice. If I was more of a mind that the character wanted out of cat centric zones and was more international cat of mystery, I'd look perhaps to wood elf areas, and their cool houses. Lots of meat on the menus, interesting architecture, chill citizens provided you don't want to be a lumberjack.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    This one would like to thank everyone with their help and opinions. So far this one likes Sleek Creek, Serenity Falls Estate and even the Townhouse. JusticeForJilaraga thinks that the Sleek Creek looks like a nice place to invite some Khajiit friends over. (Maybe The Mane, Razum-Dar or Gharesh-ri if they wasn't busy. Maybe even Jilarga herself) and have a party with Moon Sugar Wine. Though Skooma won't be permitted.

The Townhouse seems like a nice alternative to be an "International Cat of Mystery" like @Eirinin mentioned. (This one likes the sound of that)

But alas The Serenity Falls Estate is a whopping 3,775,000 Gold or 12500 Crowns. Even though JusticeForJilarga is planning on getting a year of ESO+ (and 19800 crowns with it.) This one is just a humble Khajiit and has nowhere near the required gold and doesn't think spending over half of yearly crown allocation on a single house is a good idea.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek is an obvious choice.

One note on Hunding's -- Khajit furnishings look really good there. I imagine that would also be true in the other Redguard-architecture houses and apartments, but I haven't tested it.
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to pipe in here... just because something is by default a messy argonian mudhut, that does not mean it needs to stay that way...
    unknown.png

^^ is Stay Moist Mansion, which by default looks like this:
    Stay-Moist%20Mansion%20(3).jpg

@bluebird is completely right - every builder sees something different in every plot, and it is really about your personal vision for the space, regardless of what it starts as. It might be tedious, but the best advice is really just to visit each home and see which one gives you the... warm fuzzy excited feels? You never know - you might fall in love with something you never would have expected prior to visiting!
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    This one might try that out @Chryseia. This one is simply looking for a Nice Looking Cozy place to drink Moon Sugar Wine with other Khajiits like JusticeForJilarga mentioned before.

This one might start visiting places that JusticeForJilarga have not thought about visiting before. Good job @bluebird posted a list of spaces where you get the most space for the money. This one will start the search there.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JusticeForJilarga For the sleek khajiit on a budget, one might be best served by saving one’s coin for fine furnishings. The Sugar Bowl Suite has lovely ambiance and a convenient location. It makes a great base of operation but for a place to escape and relax or entertain guests, what could be better than the Hall of the Lunar Champion? It was built for the great Khunzar-ri and has a portal a secluded overlook of a waterfall where one can build a structure to taste.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    You have some Sharp Claws on you @ErinM31! This one will save some coin to get some fine furnishing for the Hall Of The Lunar Champion. It is a sacred place for the Khajiit after all. This one would invite you over for some Moon Sugar wine but JusticeForJilara fears you aren't on Xbox NA Server.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I would go with Twin Arches and Autumn's Gate as the best starter homes.

Then Grymharth's Woe and Ald Velothi as the best mid-price options.

Don't be put off by Ald Velothi's original appearance, as it can be made to look a lot brighter and lighter than you would probably imagine, if you use lighter, brighter furnishings and nice, bright lighting (and it has a great view).

Sleek Creek has a great plot, but the house itself is small and the Khajiit style can be a bit limiting (although, I have seen nice transformations of it).

Then the Alinor Townhouse, Hunding's and Old Mistveil are probably the best larger ("Classic") houses.

In terms of Notables/Manors my personal favourite is Topal Island.

The Hew's Bane Palace is also nice, but it's far harder to furnish on 700 slots.

I'm not, honestly, impressed by most of the in-game Notables, sadly.

Bad, corridor-like layouts and/or small, weirdly shaped rooms put me off them.

If I had to pick one of them, it would probably be Daggerfall Overlook (it's OK).

But, honestly, I would prefer Hunding's, especially if it had 700 slots, to any of the in-game Notables.

Edited by Tigerseye on August 17, 2019 10:13PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two words: Tel Galen
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    This one almost coughed up a furball upon seeing no mention of Mournoth Keep. It is a roomy medium size (200/400) with a considerable interior, a large yard suitable for additional building, and at a modest 325,000 gold.

Agree with others on Hundings for a large size.

As many have observed, personal preference matters.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orbservatory (not many people like clockwork style) bit its awesome for a sorc player/dunmer fan.
    Topal for Argonians and Bosmers.

Snugpod as a good free wayshrine.

Hundings for redguards and beautiful scenarios.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Catsmoke14 wrote: »
    This one almost coughed up a furball upon seeing no mention of Mournoth Keep. It is a roomy medium size (200/400) with a considerable interior, a large yard suitable for additional building, and at a modest 325,000 gold.

Agree with others on Hundings for a large size.

As many have observed, personal preference matters.

Probably hasn't been mentioned as it's a pretty boring house, visually speaking and is only really attractive if you like a very plain, utilitarian style.

Which I appreciate some may do.

It's a reasonable plot size for the price, but the house itself is smaller than Ald Velothi and has a worse layout.

The small, open plan upper floor is positively depressing, to me.

Its main advantage is its proximity to a wayshrine.

I use mine as a warehouse - its room-free layout is good for that.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 17, 2019 10:09PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're speaking as Khajiit so I'mma just say Sleek Creek in Rawl'kha.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    This one agrees with Sleek Creek @ArchMikem. JusticeForJilarga thinks that it looks like a nice place to invite other Khajiits and drink Moonsugar Wine.

• Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one agrees with Sleek Creek @ArchMikem. JusticeForJilarga thinks that it looks like a nice place to invite other Khajiits and drink Moonsugar Wine.

If you haven't, look up the channel Curry Gaming on YouTube. They do ESO home decor videos. They have unclosed the lower level of Sleek Creek at least once, this giving it double the interior square footage. It looked so beautiful.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My main character is Khajiit, and I liked the architecture of the Khajiit houses but they are TINY compared to other races houses. I ended up buying Twin Arches with gold, I think it was around 70k. It has a good sized home and a courtyard for a training dummy, and I put 4 crafting tables on the patio outside. It was great, but I quickly outgrew it.

Only downside is you have to complete Cadwell’s Gold to buy it as an AD character, but I was going to do that anyway.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main character is Khajiit, and I liked the architecture of the Khajiit houses but they are TINY compared to other races houses. I ended up buying Twin Arches with gold, I think it was around 70k. It has a good sized home and a courtyard for a training dummy, and I put 4 crafting tables on the patio outside. It was great, but I quickly outgrew it.

Only downside is you have to complete Cadwell’s Gold to buy it as an AD character, but I was going to do that anyway.

What do you mean you have to complete Cadwell's Gold?

You can simply waltz to the zone and complete the required quests. No need to do the Main Quest, Cadwell's Silver nor Cadwell's Gold. Just a simple single zone questline.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished my first (and will be my only) house, and some opinions for other housing newbs I formed in the process that may be helpful. Experienced house mavens ignore, you doubtless already know this stuff.

1. Consider shopping furnishings some before choosing the house. Commit not to buy anything yet until you've looked at lots of stuff. Get a list of achievement furnishings and visit each one, each regular housing vendor right next to the achievement furnishing will have different things. Make notes of where stuff you like is. Don't buy things on guild stores like plants, trees, etc., until you are sure that a housing furnisher doesn't have it for cheaper. You will start to form an idea about a theme and narrow down house choices during this time of looking at furnishings.
    2. Some furnishings contain many items but only count as one furnishing. For example, Redguard stacked and filled bookcases come already full. If I had it to do over again, wouldn't buy any empty bookcases and Mage store books unless they fit a desired theme. If specific books aren't important, working with them can be a pain.
    3. Before worrying about small trinkets, make sure to have the floor, wall coverings, lighting and plants in mind. Many carpets can make great wall coverings. Some houses are hard to hang stuff on the walls due to arches, inlaid pillars, etc. If you choose one of those, you may end up using more shelves than coverings or paintings to hang.
    4. Unless you are in a big RP guild with regular activities in member houses, don't expect folks to visit your house much, so the only eye you really need to please is your own. If you smile when you go there and enjoy it, that's all that matters.
    5. Sky is the limit with creativity. Just because a thing is described as one thing doesn't mean it will be that in -your- house. Things can be put inside each other, combined, turned around, backlit with candles, float in the air, endless possibilities. Hang a lantern in the mouth of an Undaunted trophy, make a cool tree into a bush by pressing it way down in the ground, same for any lighting.
    6. Often, less is more. When you want to draw attention to the overall décor, maybe not put down some gigantic achievement furnishing. OTOH, when you want to draw attention to one focus thing, maybe not make the wall/floor covering or plants to busy or imposing. A little color splash goes a long way, and if too much, your house will start to look like the Wizard of Oz (as mine did and still does a bit lol).
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7. Oh and if I ever did this again, would go in this order a) section into "spaces" and theme/purpose for each space (even in small houses there can be several spaces) then b) lighting, then c) floor, d) wall, e) furnishings/furniture, f) plants (consider trying to fit some kind of plant in every separate space, makes a huge difference IMO), g) trinkets and treasures. Had I stuck to this, would have saved mucho time and gold.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings all the way.

What better place to drink Moonsugar Wine with friends, than reclining on the terrace or the beach.....gazing at the beautiful view over the ocean 🏝🥂🍾?
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Almost forgot. Domus Phrasticus is another boring, plain medium house with a nice yard for building, but a smallish interior, for 295000 gold. No achievement required.

fjxd6qtqu9eo.png

This one must remember to take excitement pills. Clearly this one has no imagination.