The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's the best Houses?

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    @kargen27 I like your style of decorating. Great house!

Thank You!
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found "The Ample Domicile" to be Best "price - to - value" home. Sure, it is in Argonian style (which means mud-house), that may not be "suitable" for some people but it is near city with crafting dailies, bank and way-shrine etc. It is a medium house with 2 main areas and it costs only 195,000 gold. The only other medium house in this price range is Bouldertree Refuge (Wood Elf style) for 190,000 gold, but it is well, in the middle of nowhere, much further from larger city.
  • Jawshoeuh
    Jawshoeuh
    ✭✭✭
    Two words: Tel Galen

Two more words: Hunters Glade
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    Coldharbour surreal estate, I would trade all my houses for different instances of that place to be able to build what I want.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    This one is confused with what is so good with a blank field in Cold Harbour. @Glass
    Leader Of The Children Of Razum Dar Guild (Khajiit Guild) on All 6 MegaServers

Khajiit Quote Of The Day.
    "These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is confused with what is so good with a blank field in Cold Harbour. @Glass

Players take the open space dwellings and create their own buildings out of the various materials available in the game. This is a current thread where the player built a mage tower there.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/489085/this-game-didnt-have-a-wizards-tower-so-i-made-one-in-coldharbour#latest

If you search the forums or using Google you will see other examples as well.
  • Chiriri_Gleameyes
    Chiriri_Gleameyes
    Soul Shriven
    I really like the Sleek Creek house. It's very conveniently located: the outlaw refuge is just outside, and it is just outside a major city with crafting stations, a writ board, stable, popular guild traders, and a wayshrine.

I also liked the fact it had a fair amount of room to play around with without being horribly expensive or so huge the place would look barren. And as far as looks go, I figure the game gives us enough materials that you can change things up a lot. I decided I wanted to go with a more Alinor look for my Sleek Creek. With some fiddling around, you can get about any look you want.

zj7587mogump.png
    a5kw9s8dgad3.png
    1rkksb7piqnc.png
    r1ebww1rhgse.png
    oj60iheq5xii.png
    lzzzv59xcwo7.png
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    If I had it to do over again, wouldn't buy any empty bookcases and Mage store books unless they fit a desired theme. If specific books aren't important, working with them can be a pain.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about trying to fill bookcases with individual books, unless you have loads of spare slots (which is unlikely, in most cases) and a lot of patience.

However, it's often quite nice to leave two, or three, readable books lying around on tables, or whatever, if you have a few spare slots.

Also, you can obviously use bookcases to display things other than books, or a combination of the two.

So, a couple of short rows of books and then some ornaments, for example.

It's fairly expensive in terms of slots (might take 8 slots, instead of 1), but it does mean you can add more of a personal feel to the house, as opposed to using pre-filled all the time.

In terms of wineracks, though, I would go pre-filled every time, if there was a pre-filled one for every race.

Edited by Tigerseye on August 21, 2019 4:16AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's ugly and depressing, but it's a blank canvas.

Personally, I can't really get past the "it's ugly and depressing" part, even though people have built some extraordinary things there.
  • Humanophage
    Humanophage
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to price, it is more prudent to spend your crowns to buy gold from players. E.g., the Sleek Creek house costs something like 4300 crowns or 325 000 gold. 1 crown translates to about 300 gold, meaning that you can get your 325k for only about 1000 crowns. It even applies to the more expensive houses. Say, the beautiful Dunmer complex costs 7000 crowns, which is 2.1m gold rather than the 1.3m. This may only apply to the EU server; I don't know about the NA prices.

I have never sold my crowns, but it seems like a popular and legal activity.

As for the best home, I am also choosing my first buyable house. I am currently leaning Sleek Creek. The only downside is that the interior is very small, effectively a small house, but I love the exterior, especially the viewing platform, but also the space underneath the house - and the water is also cute. The emphasis on exterior is doubly good because you don't have to wait for anything to load once you get home, but it doesn't feel claustrophobic. The location is superb, with Rawl'kha being convenient for vendors and crafting. It is also charming that you can see the city from it.

Amaya Lake Lodge has beautiful Balmoran aesthetics, but not only is it too pricey, which is fair, but it's also too big. I don't see why I would need so much space - it's more like a guild hall.

The best-looking smaller house, I find, was Twin Arches. I don't like desert environments, but it has better textures than the more "European" houses, which are often too cartoonish and WoW-like.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to price, it is more prudent to spend your crowns to buy gold from players. E.g., the Sleek Creek house costs something like 4300 crowns or 325 000 gold. 1 crown translates to about 300 gold, meaning that you can get your 325k for only about 1000 crowns. It even applies to the more expensive houses. Say, the beautiful Dunmer complex costs 7000 crowns, which is 2.1m gold rather than the 1.3m. This may only apply to the EU server; I don't know about the NA prices.

As for the best home, I am also choosing my first buyable house. I am currently leaning Sleek Creek. The only downside is that the interior is very small, effectively a small house, but I love the exterior, especially the viewing platform, but also the space underneath the house - and the water is also cute. The emphasis on exterior is doubly good because you don't have to wait for anything to load once you get home, but it doesn't feel claustrophobic. The location is superb, with Rawl'kha being convenient for vendors and crafting. It is also charming that you can see the city from it.

Amaya Lake Lodge has beautiful Balmoran aesthetics, but not only is it too pricey, which is fair, but it's also too big. I don't see why I would need so much space - it's more like a guild hall.

The best-looking smaller house, I find, was Twin Arches. I don't like desert environments, but it has better textures than the more "European" houses, which are often too cartoonish and WoW-like.

This one is not really sure about buying Gold With Crowns.

"These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stay-moist mansion
    at a place nobody knows
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    stay-moist mansion

This one doesn't think its right for JusticeForJilarga.

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What is it you're not sure about? Are you not sure if it's allowed? Are you not sure how it works and where to find an exchange partner? Are you not sure if it's worth it? Because if you're worried that it's not legit, rest assured crown-to-gold trading is perfectly accepted. Gina and ZOS employees spoke out to state that it's indeed fine for players to do so.

If you buy something for yourself for 5k Crowns, ZOS is happy because they get 5k Crowns worth of real life money, and you're happy because you get your item. If you buy something for another player for 5k Crowns, ZOS is still happy because they get 5k Crowns worth of real life money, the other player is also happy because they get their item, and you're happy because you get your item too with the gold the player gave you.

In most cases, it is far more beneficial to buy houses and furniture with gold rather than with crowns (the exception of course is if the house/furniture is Crown-exclusive). It's good for ZOS because they get Crowns anyway, it's good for players who have a lot of gold because they can trade that for Crown items, and it's good for you if you have Crowns, because you can buy more items with the gold than with the Crowns. You'd need to spend 4,400 Crowns on Sleek Creek unfurnished, but if you exchange your Crowns to Gold you could buy the same unfurnished Sleek Creek for 335,000 gold and still have 105,000 or more gold extra.

This isn't to pressure you into it of course, just to explain if you're not sure how and why it works.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

What is it you're not sure about? Are you not sure if it's allowed? Are you not sure how it works and where to find an exchange partner? Are you not sure if it's worth it? Because if you're worried that it's not legit, rest assured crown-to-gold trading is perfectly accepted. Gina and ZOS employees spoke out to state that it's indeed fine for players to do so.

If you buy something for yourself for 5k Crowns, ZOS is happy because they get 5k Crowns worth of real life money, and you're happy because you get your item. If you buy something for another player for 5k Crowns, ZOS is still happy because they get 5k Crowns worth of real life money, the other player is also happy because they get their item, and you're happy because you get your item too with the gold the player gave you.

In most cases, it is far more beneficial to buy houses and furniture with gold rather than with crowns (the exception of course is if the house/furniture is Crown-exclusive). It's good for ZOS because they get Crowns anyway, it's good for players who have a lot of gold because they can trade that for Crown items, and it's good for you if you have Crowns, because you can buy more items with the gold than with the Crowns. You'd need to spend 4,400 Crowns on Sleek Creek unfurnished, but if you exchange your Crowns to Gold you could buy the same unfurnished Sleek Creek for 335,000 gold and still have 105,000 or more gold extra.

This isn't to pressure you into it of course, just to explain if you're not sure how and why it works.

This one is not sure where to find a trustworthy Person to trade. Also what about the Furniture? Isn't the furniture going to cost a fair amount of coin?

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This one is not sure where to find a trustworthy Person to trade. Also what about the Furniture? Isn't the furniture going to cost a fair amount of coin?
    Ah I see! Well, since you are the person with the Crowns, you can ask the other player for the gold upfront so you can be sure they won't disappear without payment. There are also third-party exchange groups, such as the Tamriel Crown Exchange, which is a collection of people who guarantee safe trades for both parties. For the added security, going through an agent will take a small fee from your profit so you may get less gold for your Crowns, but it will be a guaranteed safe trade.

You can find people wanting to trade gold/crowns either in zone chats, guilds, or through the third-party trading groups.

Regarding the furniture, it's usually cheaper to craft them or buy them at guild traders. I don't play on your platform, so I can't give you specific numbers, so you could find it useful if you visited some guild traders and looked at their prices. You could then compare how much gold you would need to buy the furniture - and you could even buy furniture that you like, instead of being stuck with the bed and the other items that were assigned to the furnished house. Perhaps you would like a canopy double size bed instead of the plain small one, or perhaps you'd rather buy 4 Sofas and 1 Table than the 5 Stools that the house comes with, yes?

Here is a list of the furniture that Sleek Creek comes with: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sleek_Creek_House
    And don't forget that even the 'Unfurnished' version includes 30 furniture already (mostly plants and lights) so the difference between the Unfurnished and Furnished version is only 52 items and most of them are green quality (not very rare).
    Edited by bluebird on August 23, 2019 11:23PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Look, I'm all for the ability to Gold to Crowns swap, but I am not in favour of an unregulated marketplace, where people get scammed on a regular basis.

I know there are reliable sellers, but some are not and some buyers aren't reliable, either.

Also, although I am very happy that ZoS are happy with it happening - technically, it doesn't always mean they get (extra) real money.

As some people have been hoarding Crowns for years at this point and so, can sell them without buying any more.

Meanwhile, the new player, who buys the Crowns from them, obviously hasn't bought any Crowns with real money, either.

Meaning ZoS just got the initial ESO+ payment, from the seller, but no further payment, as they would have otherwise got, pre Gold to Crown trading.

Not that looking out for ZoS's profits is my job, but still.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine.

Oh and... In serious. The auridon manor one which actully is listed as medium. It has a good big garden as well as a lot of space on the inner and comes with quite a good price compared to space and size.

I do not like the super big ones, u can't ride in there, so u slowly walk all over the huge space. The auridon manor.. I forgot the name is a good midway between space and price
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on August 24, 2019 9:25AM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think they should implement a system like GW2's currency exchange.

Not only is it 100% safe and instant, it is also a way for Bethesda to make a little extra money on each exchange (meaning they can then charge less/nothing for other things).
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 24, 2019 9:28AM
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catsmoke14 wrote: »
    Almost forgot. Domus Phrasticus is another boring, plain medium house with a nice yard for building, but a smallish interior, for 295000 gold. No achievement required.

fjxd6qtqu9eo.png

This one must remember to take excitement pills. Clearly this one has no imagination.

Go visit @holy_mary on pc EU for the domus (via port addon, should be open to all) . It's not boring, actually it's flexible,. Since imperial are pretty interested and explorative with different cultures, u can merge the imperial style with a lot of other stuff, wizard s stuff, Dwemer stuff, deadric stuff, it never looks wrong or displaced there like other architectural styles. Neutrality, what u call borijg also has benefits. I spent maybe 300k on purchasing it, but millions on filling it, next to the time farming the cwc dummys on multiple chars.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on August 24, 2019 9:31AM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    @bluebird @Humanophage This one is wondering if you have a link to one of these Crown Websites for Xbox.

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @JusticeForJilarga Since I play on PC I can't recommend any Xbox sellers from personal experience, but 'World Crown Exchange' seems to have an active console section on their Discord. I know that Tamriel Crown Exchange was also active, but I don't know if they still are.

I can only speak of my own experience, I traded Crown for Gold three times, always independently. I just found two people wanting to buy in the Craglorn zone chat, I replied to them saying I can do it, and they paid me the gold upfront and I sent them the item afterwards. So there was never any risk of me getting scammed (if anybody could be scammed it was the buyers, but clearly they thought I was trustworthy). The third time was a mutual Crown gift exchange for the recent gifting promotion.

If it's hard to organize a Crown-Gold trade on your platform, or if you find it hard to buy the furniture at guild traders with gold, you may of course consider it better to buy the house with furniture for Crowns as a convenience option! :smile: I simply wanted to suggest a potential alternative that worked well for me when I was buying my homes.
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Look, I'm all for the ability to Gold to Crowns swap, but I am not in favour of an unregulated marketplace, where people get scammed on a regular basis.

[...]

As some people have been hoarding Crowns for years at this point and so, can sell them without buying any more.
    Meanwhile, the new player, who buys the Crowns from them, obviously hasn't bought any Crowns with real money, either.
    Meaning ZoS just got the initial ESO+ payment, from the seller, but no further payment, as they would have otherwise got, pre Gold to Crown trading.
    Of course it would be better if ZOS implemented a safer Crown-gold trading system. WoW has the WoW-Token which is sold at central Auction House on a region-wide basis and has a fluctuating price based on demand and supply. Guild Wars 2 also has gem to gold currency exchange integrated into its Auction House system. And while SWTOR doesn't allow people to exchange gold for Cartel Coins or game time, the items bought from the Cartel Market aren't bound to the player but are freely tradable with others. All of those systems work better than ZOS's version.

That said, the current system can work out fine too. Especially since in this topic we're discussing, Jilarga is the one with the Crowns. They can simply ask prospective buyers to pay gold up front, and only then spend their Crowns on the Gift, so they can prevent scamming of any kind. And if somebody doesn't agree to pay up front, Jilarga can respectfully decline to trade instead of risking the buyer disappearing without payment.

Regarding the profit ZOS make from the Crowns, it's the same either way in this scenario. It doesn't matter where Jilarga got the Crowns, from ESO+ or from Crown Packs, those 5k crowns would either be spent on Jilarga's house or on a gift for another player. It would only be a loss if the other player was guaranteed to buy Crowns themselves if they couldn't get the gift with gold. But usually, players spend gold on Crown items because it allows them to buy things they couldn't normally afford. Most players I know are more willing to purchase Crown stuff if it only costs them gold that they can recoup over a single weekend from trading, and they'd rather pass on it if it were to cost them real life cash.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about trying to fill bookcases with individual books, unless you have loads of spare slots (which is unlikely, in most cases) and a lot of patience.

That's what I ended up doing. Two readable books in the house and each is related to the house theme. Rest of the books I wasted gold on are stacked up in my bookworm Khajiit thief's inn room. IIRC they are bound and can't be liquidated on a guild trader.

As far as putting trinkets into bookshelves, did some of that, but reverted when spaces started cramping up and geegaws "had to go" to make room for other things.

Almost bought another house last night, was going to become "Mathiiesen Ranch" Brothel, but blessedly "fell asleep" before I could and today the idea wasn't quite as clever sober.

• JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    This one might just get the House With Crowns. Tamriel Crown Exchange seems to be PC only and this one can't find any links for World Crown Exchange that don't seem sketchy.

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one might just get the House With Crowns. Tamriel Crown Exchange seems to be PC only and this one can't find any links for World Crown Exchange that don't seem sketchy.
    https://discordapp.com/invite/ZRvAHF8 This is the Discord link to WCE, they seem active, with the most recent post being yesterday. Navigate down to the #console section, seems like people are trading Crowns at a 100g/1c ratio on Xbox. But as I said, you do not need a third party broker to make a safe trade. You're the one with the Crowns so simply ask the other player to pay the gold first, and only send the Gift after they paid you - you can 100% avoid getting scammed that way.

With the 100g conversion rate, exchanging Crowns isn't as lucrative as it is on PC, but it's still worth more as we discussed in the other thread. The 'Furnished' house with 82 items is 5,500c which could be exchanged into 550,000 gold - 335,000 to buy the 'Unfurnished' house with 30 furniture already in it, and 215,000g remaining to buy the other 52 furniture (and probably have money for more, or for items that you personally like instead of the pre-set selection the house comes with). Anyway, I think you already have all the relevant information now, it's up to you what you decide.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    https://discordapp.com/invite/ZRvAHF8 This is the Discord link to WCE, they seem active, with the most recent post being yesterday. Navigate down to the #console section, seems like people are trading Crowns at a 100g/1c ratio on Xbox. But as I said, you do not need a third party broker to make a safe trade. You're the one with the Crowns so simply ask the other player to pay the gold first, and only send the Gift after they paid you - you can 100% avoid getting scammed that way.

With the 100g conversion rate, exchanging Crowns isn't as lucrative as it is on PC, but it's still worth more as we discussed in the other thread. The 'Furnished' house with 82 items is 5,500c which could be exchanged into 550,000 gold - 335,000 to buy the 'Unfurnished' house with 30 furniture already in it, and 215,000g remaining to buy the other 52 furniture (and probably have money for more, or for items that you personally like instead of the pre-set selection the house comes with). Anyway, I think you already have all the relevant information now, it's up to you what you decide.

This one is grateful for the link. This one will certainly check out the Discord. The only concern that JusticeForJilarga has is finding the furnishing. Though this one might try to make this work, especially after someone just gave JusticeForJilarga 120K Gold randomly.

• sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite houses are:

Black Vine Villa
    Sleek Creek
    Coldharbour Surreal Estate

I would buy multiples of these houses if I could.
    Edited by sueblue on August 25, 2019 6:19AM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not into housing, then the utility factor will be more important.

One of the things that bother me the most with some large, very well made houses, is how far they are from a wayshrine. I do not like to search for guild mates to teleport, or to spend gold to get back to a city hub. Some of the greatest houses are quite far from any wayshrine, and until there will be a wayshrine furnishing, this can be a factor in picking your main house.

2nd, how close it is to a bank and to NPCs that can repair stuff.

3rd, can you have enough slots for everything of use? Cyrodiilic Jungle house is fantastic, close to a wayshrine and vendors, but you can't have all your storage inside because of house restrictions.

So each house has some drawback, that is why you can never have enough of them. You may like the style or the architecture, the yard, but it is to far or has some other critical flaw.

One of the houses that offer the most is Mournoth Keep. Plenty of space in the courtyard and inside, close to a wayshrine, and has enough slots to keep you busy for a long time.

An other great house (for convenience) is Gardner House in Wayrest. The interior is bland, but the location is close to banks, vendors, writ NPCs, daily quests and pledges, etc.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • RoyalFruitBat
    RoyalFruitBat
    ✭✭
    Depends on what you find relaxing. I like chilling at the Forsaken Stronghold in Bangkorai or the Mistveil Manor Place in Riften. The Topal island place is also good for that. There are so many really cool houses. It’s just a question of which architectural styles you like and what you want from the location. My first house was the place outside Elinhir in Craglorn. Big mistake because it’s in a wasteland and I find I do want to be near a town, at least for my main residence. The Riften place is perfect for that. I also really want a courtyard and land if I can get it.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really wanted Hunding's Palatial palace, until I saw Colossal Aldmeri Grotto a few weeks ago. Fell in love with it right away. It's kind of like The Goonies too - bonus!

paUOKxr.jpg