Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    4.2.1 Natch Potes - under the Armor set Soldier of Anguish some were interested in....

Soldier of Anguish: Reduced the healing absorption value to 4800 from 5500, and the healing absorption debuff from this set can no longer stack with itself.

Developer Comment: UNHIDDEN
    Damage shields from multiple sources cannot be stacked. We want healing absorption to follow this same ruleset.

Is this the 1st confirmation of this intention? Did I miss this in the 4.2.0 Notes. I didn't see it. Keep me honest.

Think it means you can't have two Healing Wards from two different allies on you, for example.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Think it means you can't have two Healing Wards from two different allies on you, for example.

Thanks for responding, I was reading something else in the wording... I never knew you could have two healing wards from multiple persons IE "Stacked", I thought a new one Overwrote the prior one, and started the process over again and not stacking. But I see your were making an example... Hmmm...

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was just a bad choice of words, the responsible Dev most likely did not know that the forums were already in flames about the ward changes.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4.2.1 Natch Potes - under the Armor set Soldier of Anguish some were interested in....

Soldier of Anguish: Reduced the healing absorption value to 4800 from 5500, and the healing absorption debuff from this set can no longer stack with itself.

Developer Comment: UNHIDDEN
    Damage shields from multiple sources cannot be stacked. We want healing absorption to follow this same ruleset.

Is this the 1st confirmation of this intention? Did I miss this in the 4.2.0 Notes. I didn't see it. Keep me honest.

It´s about the same effect from different sources.
    i.e.: healing ward, barrier, fragmented shield, boneshield synerie
    Edited by Derra on October 1, 2018 3:30PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boundless storm nerfed :joy:

Come on you have to be joking guys. That ability is utter trash already and you nerf it? Really?
    <Noricum>

• grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was boundless nerfed? I love how they just throw these things in there randomly.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ To be in line with all other major expedition buffs. All are set to 4 sec now.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Why was boundless nerfed? I love how they just throw these things in there randomly.

Likely consistency with everything else. I hope they give it an additional effect - these 'buff skills' where you mostly focus on recasting every 20-some seconds are becoming extremely boring.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Fragments:
    Increased the damage of the proc from this ability to 20% from 10%.
    This ability’s proc now has a very brief minimum travel time before it hits your target.
    You can no longer get a Crystal Fragment proc while you are not actively engaged in combat.

What does that even mean? Frags gonna be even slower?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »

they nerfed almost all major expedition - but not looking at boundless being overall completely underwhelming in the proccess is just - i´m at a loss for words.
    <Noricum>

• bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Come on you have to be joking guys. That ability is utter trash already and you nerf it? Really?

Man those pesky fast magic sorcs, lol
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    Crystal Fragments:
    This ability’s proc now has a very brief minimum travel time before it hits your target.
    You can no longer get a Crystal Fragment proc while you are not actively engaged in combat.

Means you can't nail someone super fast with it by being in melee range - so no matter how close you are, there's a min travel time. Won't change anything after a certain distance (dunno what the min travel time is tho, I imagine it's pretty small)
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Crystal Fragments:

Means you can't nail someone super fast with it by being in melee range - so no matter how close you are, there's a min travel time. Won't change anything after a certain distance (dunno what the min travel time is tho, I imagine it's pretty small)

Man they just can't give sorcs something without nerfing something else. jeez
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Fragments:

So basically even more Crystal Frags will get dodged than before... :|
  • Anken5
    Anken5
    ✭✭✭
    Did the hp cap applies from both conjured wards morphs ? It's not clear.
    Edited by Anken5 on October 1, 2018 6:04PM
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat pets will now take 0 damage while in a Dungeon, Trial, or Group Arena.

Well, I must say, I happen to be okay with this change.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Fragments:

So basically even more Crystal Frags will get dodged than before... :|

Actually, due to the recent dodge changes where they (IIRC) tightened up the iframes a bit and made people have to actually dodge when the projectile reached them instead of dodging when the projectile reached or when it was created...

I'm slightly optimistic. We'll see how it turns out. I wonder how many rolly pollies will try to do their usual proactive dodging and get nailed by projectiles a lot more than before.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, if Boundless Storm at least were cheap, so you could affort to cast it every few seconds (not that I would consider that fun)...

Mobility class my butt.

I don't know, all I see at the moment is a lot of fun getting sucked out of the class. Again.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: sorcs shouldn't rely on just wards to stay alive

Forum: okay, strengthen our other means of survival then, like make us faster so we can try to kite

ZOS: how about a nerf to your mobility then?
  • iDeadly_CTSV
    iDeadly_CTSV
    ✭✭
    Pets: The 0 damage change is good for boss fights that they die alot which makes them better. Some other changes that would make them less of an Eww another pet sorc would be removing the stun from the pulse (annoying for tanks to chain and manage ads), Chain lightning from AA HM (spreads chain lightning like the plague) , storms from asylum (just overall an issue)
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: sorcs shouldn't rely on just wards to stay alive

Forum: okay, strengthen our other means of survival then, like make us faster so we can try to kite

ZOS: how about a nerf to your mobility then?

lol
  • iDeadly_CTSV
    iDeadly_CTSV
    ✭✭
    Sustain: sorcs still struggle with sustain unless you are a pet sorc pve especially. Why not remove the cost of frags along with nb bow and flame lash? LL cost could be reduced also
  • GazHilarant
    GazHilarant
    ✭✭
    Crystal Fragments:
    You can no longer get a Crystal Fragment proc while you are not actively engaged in combat. :(

So everyone is worried about Crystal Frags travel* time, however what I am reading is a I can't proc one in combat? this will completely neuter the in combat burst potential for sorcerers.

Zenimax, please make Class Change tokens so I can change all my Magica Sorcs to Magica Templars please.

Edited by GazHilarant on October 1, 2018 6:20PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Fragments:
    You can no longer get a Crystal Fragment proc while you are not actively engaged in combat. :(

So everyone is worried about Crystal Frags travel* time, however what I am reading is a I can't proc one in combat? this will completely neuter the in combat burst potential for sorcerers.

Zenimax, please make Class Change tokens so I can change all my Magica Sorcs to Magica Templars please.

You misunderstood that. You can only proc it in combat. You cannot proc it out of combat via buffs now.
  • GazHilarant
    GazHilarant
    ✭✭
    Crystal Fragments:

You misunderstood that. You can only proc it in combat. You cannot proc it out of combat via buffs now.

Ahh the thought of no frag proc enraged me past the point of reading correctly, travel time no big deal.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you read it correctly??? Sounds like you have it backwards... YOU HAVE to be in Combat...
    You can no longer get a Crystal Fragment proc while you are NOT actively engaged in combat
    That just means you cannot cast say Power Surge, and have Frags proc and sit there awaiting you to fire it off out of Combat... Imagine being in Stealth, hitting Power Surge, then launching a 20% harder Frags at a target... Sounds appealing :) but I think that's the reasoning.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to feel bit reliefed after the first patch cycle or whatever its called.

Real dont understand most of the changes tbh, i like the speedy feeling of boundless storm but already dont use it in combat as its lack luster but sure lets make it even more crapthen it already is.

Also you really dont need to put delays on travel time for anything, your awesome optimized code takes care of that on the live servers, you should really check it out sometime ;)

Happy the cast time got reverted but most likely still not going to be usefull anymore.
    Stop fixing whats not broken already cant wait for having the few skills still working as intended buggy af too.

Thanks for trying to all here that had good ideas and suggestions.
    Time to prepare for yet again adaptor gtfo i guess.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I don't really understand that either. But at this point I am just glad there are no other severe sorc nerfs. Though I have to be honest, I don't really understand the patch notes for Hardened Ward and Dampened.

Boundless Storm could really need some love though!
  • SaKGEE
    SaKGEE
    ✭✭✭✭
    cIMgqve.png
    new hardened ward in pvp, why would you add battle spirit to already dead shield?
    Tamriel Hero and Explorer on 14 characters
    Max CP Hunter - Gatherer and Loremaster at my lost hours from PC EU
    #SayNoToPVP
    #SayNoToBullying
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SaKGEE wrote: »
    cIMgqve.png
    new hardened ward in pvp, why would you add battle spirit to already dead shield?

I will left click through that in a heartbeat.