The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nihang wrote: »
    these threads bring shame to the OG AZURA STAR.

The past month of Sotha Sil being night capped / day capped, dull and monotonous, brings shame to Azura's Star.

The past three days worth of personal salt has brought much needed changes to Sotha Sil. The map is now competitive, fun, and guilds are banding together and building relationships that were previously non existent.

Rivalry is what was needed to spice things up. With all the faction changing muppets out and about these days, it's been good to see exactly who is loyal to what faction.

And it's been truly amazing to see players PvPing purely to fight for a cause, rather than just wanting to farm quick AP.

Faction changing muppet checking in here. I think TM will be dusting off the DC toons to ensure that you continue to receive the fun and competitive environment you are looking for. Please stick around next cycle.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

You should be thanking the "faction changing muppets" for making an effort to keep the campaign alive

I haven't seen any of the faction changing muppets keeping the campaign alive the past month, why is the map continuously yellow? There is a huge difference between a player having various faction toons to play with other faction friends or for a change of community, to having another faction toon purely to log over and manipulate the map to suit your own personal agenda, to 'spy' or to troll.

I love seeing guilds who run only one faction, or run multiple faction members but over different campaigns.I hate seeing the muppets who only PvP when they can try and control the map from every faction standpoint.

It was never ZoS's intention to make the players have to log over repeatedly and keep flipping the map back. Where is the fun in that?
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Munavar wrote: »

???

Who are you actually engaging? We have only been on Sotha for a few minutes on one night in the past two weeks as the map is painted yellow with 3 bars to 1 bar pops. Heck, DC has had a low pop bonus for nearly an entire day at one point.

I generally only play Oceanic times apart from weekends. The past three days the map has been either red or blue when I've logged on and there's actually been other faction groups playing on it. The past month is the first time I have ever had to guest on another campaign to find something to do, and I haven't had to leave Sotha for the past 3 days :)
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

You should be thanking the "faction changing muppets" for making an effort to keep the campaign alive

I haven't seen any of the faction changing muppets keeping the campaign alive the past month, why is the map continuously yellow? There is a huge difference between a player having various faction toons to play with other faction friends or for a change of community, to having another faction toon purely to log over and manipulate the map to suit your own personal agenda, to 'spy' or to troll.

I love seeing guilds who run only one faction, or run multiple faction members but over different campaigns.I hate seeing the muppets who only PvP when they can try and control the map from every faction standpoint.

It was never ZoS's intention to make the players have to log over repeatedly and keep flipping the map back. Where is the fun in that?

Lol you are letting the one event get to you way too much, it's okay to wipe to a better group just means you have to keep trying to get better
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

Lol you are letting the one event get to you way too much, it's okay to wipe to a better group just means you have to keep trying to get better

I'm not too sure what this means. Do you mean it's better to stay and fight on the one campaign or faction, rather than swap factions when things get too hard? I only have AD toons. And we don't campaign swap when the map is bad, we only swapped cos our home campaign was all yellow.

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to lvl up my bow skill line but still wanted to pvp so I made a "bow build" on my dk (med shackle and agility lool" went from lvl 2 to 25

I mainly only used the bow and can confirm all the gankers that complain about miats and anything else that stops them from ganking just honestly need to l2p, for me it was easy to beat pugs 1v1 and even got some 1v2/3 and I was on a stam dk using no stealth can't imagine how easy it would be on a nb with clever alchemist and all skills leveled up lol
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganking just honestly need to l2p, for me it was easy to beat pugs 1v1 and even got some 1v2/3

Since when have PuGs been using Miats? PuG's can be killed with a wet noodle.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    ganking just honestly need to l2p, for me it was easy to beat pugs 1v1 and even got some 1v2/3

Since when have PuGs been using Miats? PuG's can be killed with a wet noodle.

You can tell when people use miats because they dodge stuff when not even looking at you, and I said pugs because there were a couple of good players (usually the people who play solo) that I had trouble killing but that's understandable since it's hard enough to kill them on a real build so pretty hard to do it on a unfinished build so I didn't want to say I can 1v1 / 1vx everyone lol
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to thank all the AD that switched factions to balance out the campaign. Sotha was a lot of fun yesterday.

To the rest of AD, we need to try to not to kill the campaign by pushing to gates. As long as the map is not all one color, more players will come back. I've been seeing a lot of old Sotha regulars in Vivec. A lot of them want to come back I bet. Look at this:

Vivec Lag (my first fight of the day in Vivec)
    https://youtu.be/bmNvMM7N1ek

Sotha Lag (my first fight of the day in Sotha)
    https://youtu.be/55RYzi8SyC8

Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to thank all the AD that switched factions to balance out the campaign. Sotha was a lot of fun yesterday.

I think we all need to reach a consensus right now that the term 'lag' should be reserved for Oceanic players only :D Damn you and your 300 ping, *shakes fist* at my consistent 420 ping on a good day before even entering a fight.

But totally agree on the fun part! Was nice to have a balanced map. If all the guilds stay where they are currently, or move over to other factions as planned at end of campaign, there is much fun to be had for all!

Makes me happy to see the regulars back in zone chat <3

• Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭

I think we all need to reach a consensus right now that the term 'lag' should be reserved for Oceanic players only :D Damn you and your 300 ping, *shakes fist* at my consistent 420 ping on a good day before even entering a fight.

And the 300 ping was only in vivec: check out the 96 to 140 ping in the Sotha video, I have never seen numbers that low in any online game!
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    In the vivec video I'm pressing the keys to use my skills and they don't go off until 2 seconds later and when they do they either don't connect or stop working mid way through the animation. I couldn't kill a guard and the DC I was fighting was having the same problem. You Aussie players are seriously playing the game everyday like this?
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭

Sotha was a lot of fun yesterday.

But totally agree on the fun part! Was nice to have a balanced map.

I'd agree. While EP was still significantly outnumbered most of the time, especially yesterday, it wasn't by so much as to force me to play in Vivec and there were a lot of good, fun fights.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You Aussie players are seriously playing the game everyday like this?

People equate the ping numbers with lag. However, lag can be caused by other issues beyond just the time it takes data to get to and from the server. It can also be caused by the servers themselves and the time it takes to process the commands, or by issues on your own hardware, or by other factors. So, whilst all things being equal, it's true to say a player with 300 ping will be experiencing more lag than a player with 90 ping, due to other factors, it is also perfectly possible for the person with a 90 ping latency to be experiencing far more lag than a person on the other side of the world with a 300 ping.
    Edited by esotoon on October 16, 2017 4:48PM
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I heard a VPN would help some but @Miss_Tiffany is stubborn and at least with Aussie lag we have a excuse for dying so much.
    I might be trash but "garbage can" not "garbage can't".
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

When in combat I can't even weapon swap, so I lose 5 skills and an ultimate, as well as a 5 piece bonus that I may like to utilise during a fight. I just try and plan ahead with what the group may need before I go charging in :D

I have a top of the range computer and the best internet Australia has to offer. And I am completely fine in battlegrounds (sitting around 300 ping in them), so it's just Cyrodiil. Or more to the point, any type of combat in Cyrodiil.
    at least with Aussie lag we have a excuse for dying so much.

Pretty sure the reason we die is because we're heavily intoxicated and not wearing pants :D Although last run I was also missing my chest piece, dunno what happened there.

• Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    at least with Aussie lag we have a excuse for dying so much.

Pretty sure the reason we die is because we're heavily intoxicated and not wearing pants :D Although last run I was also missing my chest piece, dunno what happened there.

That may also be a factor.

How were you missing your chest piece? Have you been going to The Tapped Vein without me?
    I might be trash but "garbage can" not "garbage can't".
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

How were you missing your chest piece? Have you been going to The Tapped Vein without me?

Erm... ah... well you see...

No?

No is the safe answer right?

Right!?

:D

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

I totally shake fist when I play in Vivec with my 300 ping! I don't know how you guys can tolerate consistent 420 ping lol!
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I heard a VPN would help some but @Miss_Tiffany is stubborn and at least with Aussie lag we have a excuse for dying so much.

I can reduce my ping from 270-300ish to around 200-230 with a VPN so it's worth taking a look at.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VPN is a must for anyone in AU right now. I even get consistent 260 ping in vivec US prime time with no DCs either.

• Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Jolly Cooperation.
    EaQEXsG.jpg
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    EaQEXsG.jpg

That 38 unopened mail notification is just KILLING ME :D

• Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

I can reduce my ping from 270-300ish to around 200-230 with a VPN so it's worth taking a look at.
    Vilestride wrote: »
    VPN is a must for anyone in AU right now. I even get consistent 260 ping in vivec US prime time with no DCs either.

If you guys could give me a link to wherever I can get one from that would be great! Do I just download it, is it free? I'm with Telstra NBN cable I don't know if that makes any difference at all.

• Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭

Vilestride wrote: »

If you guys could give me a link to wherever I can get one from that would be great! Do I just download it, is it free? I'm with Telstra NBN cable I don't know if that makes any difference at all.

Most of the free ones aren't worth it since they either cut out every half hour or compromise your computer. I use Private Internet Access which has a yearly payment of around 50 AUD and I'm happy with it so far.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    EP! Look to the coming moon rise of the third day. At dusk look to the east. Werewolf Wednesday aproaches and the hunt begins.

oKXhKaC.gif

Soooooo... are you guys coming back this Wednesday and would you take random WWs in your pack :P
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    EP! Look to the coming moon rise of the third day. At dusk look to the east. Werewolf Wednesday aproaches and the hunt begins.

oKXhKaC.gif

Soooooo... are you guys coming back this Wednesday and would you take random WWs in your pack :P

Scourge Alliance will be returning tonight. We will also be doing a 1,000,000 gold give away in honor of the upcoming witches festival. All you have to do is howl in zone for an invite.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11906-1373305040-0.gif
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Respecced my nightblade since while I really liked magblade, I missed having the ability to roll around and kite people around a tower. Coincidently, the amount of teabags and hate tells I've been getting have risen exponentially.

Nothing impressive this clip around, I was just having such a blast on my nb that I thought I'd share some of the fun moments.

https://youtu.be/aTD-FTf7i6Y

inb4 empty your mailbox.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone give me a break down of the different faction dominant guilds?

Like what guilds for DC, AD, and EP and their relative sizes?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter It's a faction swapping madhouse in there at the moment, but here's my best try at the major guilds anyway:

Known Sh'tters: A new project involving relatively small group of good players across all factions that explicitly doesn't claim a faction. Some switch toons/factions multiple times a night. Sometimes you see 3 way fights between people all wearing this guild tag.

EP: I main EP so I can give the most detailed info about it.
    Darkest Requiem: 4-12 players depending on the night, though they switch between Sotha and Shor depending on where the best fights are.
    Priase the Sun: a fairly consistent presence of anywhere between about 6-16 players depending on the night.
    Deathshead Legion: Strong presence of 10-15 on raid nights 3x a week, usually has members in on other nights too.
    Power Rangerz: anywhere between 4-8, depending. They mained EP for a really long time but lately I've seen them a lot more on DC. But they were stalwart EP during the Great War and so are listed here.

DC: After the defeat of Voldemort, organized DC more or less left this server and it is by far the most underpopped faction at the moment. For consistent presence you do see Bashu's Rough Riders tags sometimes, their groups look like about a dozen folks typically. Power Rangerz have recently moved most of their activities to DC.
    Also when Tertiary Meat has run Sotha they have been running DC of late.

AD: There aren't the fearsome organized guilds here anymore, but the AD pug Zergocalypse is upon us.
    TM was the premier guild for example, but now that the AD Zergocalypse is upon us, they can mostly be found on DC when they are found in Sotha at all. A lot of the faction swapping I've alluded to is as a result of this. Consistently a bar or more above other factions pops without much organization, but quantity has a quality all it's own.

I've seen Ignis Veritas running a pug group most of the time and so does Drunk and Pantsless late at night. Their group sizes, or at least group plus straphangers/followers, runs in the 20s on the low end and the 40s on the high end. None of us have any idea where all these pug swarms came from, but they sure weren't there during the Great War to help push DC (to be fair the guilds I mentioned were there, but not the swarms that have since swelled their group ranks).

[Edit: I corrected some information on DL on EP]

Edited by pzschrek on October 18, 2017 7:24PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”