The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

PS JDG is a pure 1vX guild where the only reason you get in is by 1vXing.

Edited because typo

Do people have to make audition tapes :D?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP! Look to the coming moon rise of the third day. At dusk look to the east. Werewolf Wednesday aproaches and the hunt begins.

oKXhKaC.gif
    Edited by Chrlynsch on October 10, 2017 6:12PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Why would you ask members of a zerg group to 1v1? That seems like a pointless exercise. You're going to win, they're going to lose. Does that somehow make you feel validated even if you know the outcome?

To clear things up, this screenshot shows the types of individuals I would ask to 1v1 after they outnumber us and tbag.
    JmKfjyo.png

I usually don't care for tbags but this is one of the few individuals that repeatedly tbags my group so I thought I'd find out why. Not to mention they constantly send hate tells while offline. Coincidently, they're also the type of people that appear in my outnumbered pvp clips.

inb4 warned for somehow naming and shaming with name censored.

Hey I'll take a duel :smiley:
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zergs are zergs, but if we can just get enough EP together these are actually great farming conditions. I've been on Vivec or Shor of late but when I have been on I've seen a lot of lower CP ADs who I do not recognize in there now that the map's always yellow.
    Edited by pzschrek on October 10, 2017 4:19PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

Can confirm this is absolutely not true

Can someone please explain to me all the salt about "zerging"? I have never seen anyone take a keep with less than 2-3 people. Grouping is a necessary function in PvP to achieve objectives sometimes and all factions do it. I've seen red zergs, blue zergs, and yellow zergs. Everybody zergs, some people zerg surf, but you will never ever see one person take a defended keep by themselves. If you should happen upon a enemy zerg, just remember: "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day.".

We play on the same faction, I see you run in IV and or pantless even when we have most of the map with all the scrolls. The problems with zerging are as follows
    1. The players that chose to only play that way never actually learn real game mechanics or the intracacies of their class (they think they do but they don't) and get 1vXed then post on forums about something that is "broken" or think they lose because of macros/exploits
    2. There's no real challenge and the people that do so aren't looking for a challenge. There's nothing special anymore about sieging and taking keeps on any faction, we've been doing it since 2014 and it's mind numbing. All players want to do now is ball up, faction stack, and dominate by means of sheer numbers and nothing else. TM was really the only "large group" Guild that looked for challenges at times and fought away from the naturally forming zerg in a tight somewhat organized group. Zerging can be used as a relative term based on who you're fighting but when you're in a 12-24 man group there's so much room for error and mistakes you can virtually just spam one or two skills then drop an ultimate as your group overwhelms your opponents.

It's clear who the players are that run small man groups (4-7 players) and don't zerg because their rotations, animation cancels, and reaction times are faster. You can also easily see they know how to play their class and can keep themselves up with or without 20 other people carrying them.

And this mentality that "1vXers" are just antisocial nerds that live in their moms basements and play ESO 24/7 (which is an insult I hear very often) is just a cop out to demean players that spend their time learning how to play instead of learning how to siege.

At the end of the day though if people choose to run a 20+ man raid and feel good about that, then that's fine. PvP is meant to be fun and engaging, and if you have fun by having more numbers than your opponents more power to you :smile:

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    [deleted due to double post]
    Edited by Joshlenoir on October 10, 2017 5:07PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerging is fine. If you want to Zerg, zerg. Just play the game the way you enjoy most. You don't have to learn game mechanics or anything as long as you're having fun.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zerging is fine. If you want to Zerg, zerg. Just play the game the way you enjoy most. You don't have to learn game mechanics or anything as long as you're having fun.

Muh Elitism
  • Patches760
    Patches760
    ✭✭

but what if the zerg too t h i c c and u only got a handful of homies to fight it D:

*AYY 100 posts lets get to 1000
    Edited by Patches760 on October 10, 2017 6:17PM
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get your point. I was mentioning the people I saw in zone trying to build a 20 player group on a map that is all yellow with only bleakers blue and farragut red (3 bars AD, 1bar DC, 1 bar EP). What's the point of this? There is no one to fight.
    I wasn't really commenting on the state of Sotha so much as this...
    5BGfrAg.jpg

If a more experienced group doesn't pull pugs in and teach them, then they're going to continue to do stupid things like start a zerg on a yellow map. I get it, sometimes it's like herding cats and can get really annoying when people fail to follow crown or read chat but most of the time they want to succeed and do well and they'll learn if given the chance.
    I might be trash but "garbage can" not "garbage can't".
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

Can confirm this is absolutely not true

Can someone please explain to me all the salt about "zerging"? I have never seen anyone take a keep with less than 2-3 people. Grouping is a necessary function in PvP to achieve objectives sometimes and all factions do it. I've seen red zergs, blue zergs, and yellow zergs. Everybody zergs, some people zerg surf, but you will never ever see one person take a defended keep by themselves. If you should happen upon a enemy zerg, just remember: "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day.".

We play on the same faction, I see you run in IV and or pantless even when we have most of the map with all the scrolls.

That is not exactly true. I haven't been in Sotha PvP much because it's been boring and when I am, I wont cap anything past Arrius unless they have scrolls.

We get it, you made it clear yesterday in Discord that you don't like "zerglings" and everyone but yourself and 2 other players on AD are "S**t". Some people prefer large scale PvP and big battles over keeps but unfortunately there has been very little of that in Sotha lately.
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get your point. I was mentioning the people I saw in zone trying to build a 20 player group on a map that is all yellow with only bleakers blue and farragut red (3 bars AD, 1bar DC, 1 bar EP). What's the point of this? There is no one to fight.
    I wasn't really commenting on the state of Sotha so much as this...
    5BGfrAg.jpg

If a more experienced group doesn't pull pugs in and teach them, then they're going to continue to do stupid things like start a zerg on a yellow map. I get it, sometimes it's like herding cats and can get really annoying when people fail to follow crown or read chat but most of the time they want to succeed and do well and they'll learn if given the chance.

Are you...blaming IOTE for the state of the map because of a picture created by someone not in IOTE? I really don't understand what's happening here.

EDIT: Just want to add, the person who made that pic made it in good fun, and I still laugh when I see it lol. 100% accurate depiction of my face, tbh.
    Edited by wolfwraith37 on October 10, 2017 9:23PM
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groups are a good place to learn Cyrodiil. The first time I ever joined a group was for safety in numbers, I think. I wound up liking the action and soon started finding myself in more siege groups with people who were happy to teach.

It paid off! My GF and I mostly run through Cyrodiil as a duo now, looking for sieges and tailing larger groups to get in on the action. And we've had our share of exciting small group and one-on-one battles too, thanks to what we learned from everyone else.

Right now, though, seems like when we're online there aren't a ton of forts to siege or defenses to man, so we're hanging up our helmets for a bit and doing PvE while waiting for things to change. It's just not the same without constant zerg vs zerg action.
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    The reason why I love Sotha is because there is a healthy balance of guilds of all types. It'd be no fun if every guild was the same, running the same strategies, with people who all have the same personalities.

I love Drunk & Pantsless because they elicit the WTF thought more than any other thought :D
    I love IV because they are so calm, diplomatic and sensible <3
    I love IOTE because they take the term 'serious' to the next level (insert no-nonsense face)
    I love Known Shitters because they're so easy to troll ;)

There are so many more guilds worth a mention, but the point is, each guild caters for a specific type of personality, and a specific style of PvP. And all those styles create the perfect balance which is Sotha Sil with a full population.

Most of these guilds can capably play zerg, small man group, and solo, out on the field. Lets not forget that running a zerg requires effort and coordination of it's own kind. The time of day, and core guild run times, heavily dictate what guilds and players can do. The whole idea of Cyrodiil is that it's open world PvP. There are no rules surrounding how you play, it's a free for all.

Now if certain egotistical narrow minded players want to criticise others for how they play, then they can go right ahead and do that, but it's water off a ducks back, because we don't argue with stupid. Even elitists have a place in this game, so as much as we shake our heads at what they say, we still love them, because we need them for these healthy debates that make them all salty :D
    Edited by Scarlett_Princess on October 11, 2017 6:53AM
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭

Are you...blaming IOTE for the state of the map because of a picture created by someone not in IOTE? I really don't understand what's happening here.

EDIT: Just want to add, the person who made that pic made it in good fun, and I still laugh when I see it lol. 100% accurate depiction of my face, tbh.

No, not blaming them for the state of the map. I just don't see how they could know every pug in Sotha since they rarely run open groups.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Sylphie wrote: »
    Why would you ask members of a zerg group to 1v1? That seems like a pointless exercise. You're going to win, they're going to lose. Does that somehow make you feel validated even if you know the outcome?

To clear things up, this screenshot shows the types of individuals I would ask to 1v1 after they outnumber us and tbag.
    JmKfjyo.png

I usually don't care for tbags but this is one of the few individuals that repeatedly tbags my group so I thought I'd find out why. Not to mention they constantly send hate tells while offline. Coincidently, they're also the type of people that appear in my outnumbered pvp clips.

inb4 warned for somehow naming and shaming with name censored.

Hey I'll take a duel :smiley:

Pre sure we've dueled multiple times in the past lol but I'm always up for a friendly 1v1 if you spot me running around.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭

No, not blaming them for the state of the map. I just don't see how they could know every pug in Sotha since they rarely run open groups.

It's simple. AD sotha regulars know the auto invite strings to get into pick up groups. People who arent regulars just type lfg in zone. When I see tons of lfg in zone and the map is completely dead, i think it's safe to assume these aren't AD regulars.
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another night of the same group of 15-20 ad zerging when everyone else is at 1 bar
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Another night of the same group of 15-20 ad zerging when everyone else is at 1 bar

Yeah that last emp keep defense sure looked like AD zerging the map. DC even had 1 bar of population with an extra one that apparently doesn't even count!

(We came literally for the ash defense and then took roe and left)

Stop generalizing and just say the guild names. If the thread gets closed then so be it. At least some employees of ZOS will have looked at a PvP thread.
    Marek
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

Stop generalizing and just say the guild names. If the thread gets closed then so be it. At least some employees of ZOS will have looked at a PvP thread.

Guilds can't help it that they have set play times though. Like I play Oceanic time, so I attract members to my guild who also play Oceanic time, and hence our groups are always on the map during that time. Other guilds are the same. If there is a huge influx at one set time, it means ZoS needs to implement something like what WoW has in their world PvP zone, and only allow equal numbers of each faction into the campaign at any one time. Close some of the dead campaigns, encourage others to play on one larger campaign, and not allow the faction numbers to become imbalanced and unfair.

Players want to PvP and there is no other choice but to go from one campaign to the other to get it, until everything is yellow and it's boring. Trust me we don't like it either. We want EP and DC to get together and have you ALL play on one campaign so we can have some decent fights! Don't even care if you kick our asses we just want some action.

And seriously this faction swapping needs to stop. There are players and guilds who will log over to their other faction characters to control the map for their own purposes, and it ruins what Cyrodiil is supposed to be. Although it is hilarious when a salty AD player tells their EP chumps to log on to chase you down because the hate is just so real :D LOVE that I'm under someones skin so deep. It's so intimate. Could you almost call it love? <3
    Edited by Scarlett_Princess on October 11, 2017 6:31AM
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

Guilds can't help it that they have set play times though. Like I play Oceanic time, so I attract members to my guild who also play Oceanic time, and hence our groups are always on the map during that time. Other guilds are the same. If there is a huge influx at one set time, it means ZoS needs to implement something like what WoW has in their world PvP zone, and only allow equal numbers of each faction into the campaign at any one time. Close some of the dead campaigns, encourage others to play on one larger campaign, and not allow the faction numbers to become imbalanced and unfair.

Players want to PvP and there is no other choice but to go from one campaign to the other to get it, until everything is yellow and it's boring. Trust me we don't like it either. We want EP and DC to get together and have you ALL play on one campaign so we can have some decent fights! Don't even care if you kick our asses we just want some action.

And seriously this faction swapping needs to stop. There are players and guilds who will log over to their other faction characters to control the map for their own purposes, and it ruins what Cyrodiil is supposed to be. Although it is hilarious when a salty AD player tells their EP chumps to log on to chase you down because the hate is just so real :D LOVE that I'm under someones skin so deep. It's so intimate. Could you almost call it love? <3

People playing in different time zones isn't new to the game. I have nothing against people that only play specific time zones.

I was talking about people being lazy and just saying "AD/DC/EP zerg" insinuating everybody on that faction is a contributor to something somebody doesn't like. I'm pretty sure every single AD on the server didn't vote on "zerging" down somebody with 15 people. Just like DC didn't come to a consensus to nightcap the map for months.

If people are going to complain about dying at least be a little more creative than "So-and-So faction had more people so I couldn't 1vX them."
    Marek
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh yep sorry I get you now. I agree. Factions may not get together and agree to zerg at a particular time, but some guilds do get together and play the map for their own agenda. And it's really sad. Makes you wonder what shifty things they do in real life to get what they want.

• Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    Although it is hilarious when a salty AD player tells their EP chumps to log on to chase you down because the hate is just so real :D LOVE that I'm under someones skin so deep. It's so intimate. Could you almost call it love? <3

It kinda makes you wonder if that salty AD player has his EP "chumps" helping him farm AP. Obviously they communicate.

It was a good laugh though.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And seriously this faction swapping needs to stop. There are players and guilds who will log over to their other faction characters to control the map for their own purposes, and it ruins what Cyrodiil is supposed to be.

In my experience the vast majority of faction hoppers are the ones trying to even out the numbers in their campaign, not the other way around.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDK if the zerging resumed afterwards, but the Ash last emp keep defense was lots of fun last night.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

Yeah that last emp keep defense sure looked like AD zerging the map. DC even had 1 bar of population with an extra one that apparently doesn't even count!

(We came literally for the ash defense and then took roe and left)

Well if you would have stayed a bit longer you would have seen D.C. Lose their 2nd bar and the same group of ad I see every night started taking everything back idk what guild they are in but it's the same names over and over again
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad players always think they're doing well by capping the map against minimal resistance and holding the map in that state. Regardless of faction.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Patches760
    Patches760
    ✭✭
    IDK if the zerging resumed afterwards, but the Ash last emp keep defense was lots of fun last night.

Was over a two hour fight, was good fun :^)
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when I see it, because all I see is them [snip] up the Alma map.

[Edited for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 12:57PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw you in Alma the other day and had a great time fighting you guys. We had a blast!
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.