The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    Saw you in Alma the other day and had a great time fighting you guys. We had a blast!

Same, yesterday was really good. Awesome fights with EP at Roe and Ash early on and then DC came on late night. It was the most fun I've had in PvP in a while.
    I might be trash but "garbage can" not "garbage can't".
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when I see it, because all I see is them [snip] up the Alma map.

Nah that's just cos Kita is so salty that he went to great effort to level and gear an EP to mess with us when we we're in there bored.

Ehhhh, I'll disagree on that part, but anything I say further on the subject might get the topic locked so I'll just leave it at that.

Hoping to see more exciting, evenly matched fights on Sotha. Really not hoping that EP will turn into the new AD, because if so, my break from Sotha will be considerably longer, even if we are winning.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 12:58PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping to see more exciting, evenly matched fights on Sotha. Really not hoping that EP will turn into the new AD, because if so, my break from Sotha will be considerably longer, even if we are winning.

I know everyone has become complacent and lazy with all the easy 'farming' going on in the past month. But players have been asking for some decent fights for a long time. I hope players aren't going to get turned off just because they actually have to do some competitive PvP now. Win or lose I don't care so long as there is action to be had! I miss the days when the map was all three even colours and groups had to employ strategies to get ahead, every player had to ensure they carried siege, people double checked their gear was enchanted and they had a food buff. I haven't eaten food in a month, and I may have saved gold by not having to waste food and pots but it's so freaking boring right now!

Edited by Scarlett_Princess on October 12, 2017 3:19AM
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    If this is true I have never seen someone so excited to get farmed lol

You have no idea just how bored AD are atm haha even before Chuck Norris left it was dull because each faction was on at different times. Now that other guilds are coming back or swapping factions the fights will be decent and the map will be competitive!

We've been asking for some action for a long time and now we have some yeeeeooooooowwwwww!

Those bored ad should consider not crowing emp every day and turning the whole map yellow when there is no one to defend, I'm sure more people will come to pvp then lol
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

Those bored ad should consider not crowing emp every day and turning the whole map yellow when there is no one to defend, I'm sure more people will come to pvp then lol

The majority of them don't. Some AD guilds even went to play on different campaigns for a while, some are still over there. Our guild personally never touched tri keeps, and swapped between Sotha and Alma before staying at Alma for the past few weeks.

There is only one person repeatedly farming AP to stay ahead, manipulating the map with their other faction toons to be able to consistently flip it back, thinking they've solo emp'd all by themselves and the rest of us should bow to him.

But that person won't be on AD side anymore so it won't be an issue ;)
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

• Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    Really good fight tonight at Fare. Thanks to all the DC and EP that turned out PvP in Sotha was considerably more enjoyable than it has been in a while.

VVNwYng.gif
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when I see it, because all I see is them [snip] up the Alma map.
    Nah that's just cos Kita is so salty that he went to great effort to level and gear an EP to mess with us when we we're in there bored. They'll be in Sotha this weekend. With all their spies on AD side checking the map and infiltrating groups as they do. Or they'll be called out as chickens and not up for the fight ;)

What actually happened was a couple of my Guild mates caught word of a certain AD Guild from sotha sil announcing they are going to "PvDoor" (their words) emperorship for a friend of theirs on a dead campaign (Almalexia). Me, lacking decent small scale PvP lately, decided to bring a friend to get some solid fights in a noCP environment. After fighting their group who seemed to only want to fight NPC's, I was met with hate whispers and told I was apparently in the wrong and was "cyber bullying" said players for stopping 5 people (which turned to 12) from abusing the dead campaigns rather than going on a server with real opposition, with my 3 man group (which maxed out at 5). Either way, it's really disappointing when the emperorship achievement and title has turned into a free pass in which players can willy nilly farm/trade it with 0 opposition rather than what it used to be. Where it took planning, hard work, consistency, strategy, and a decent amount of skill.

Thankfully ZoS will be removing these servers to stop people from painting the map one color and capitalizing on the absence of enemy players just to flaunt or obtain achievements and titles others had to actually work for in the past.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 12:59PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a video game achievement. You aren't breaking up a ring of child traffickers or protecting some institution with some noble purpose. It's a video game achievement.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    It's a video game achievement. You aren't breaking up a ring of child traffickers or protecting some institution with some noble purpose. It's a video game achievement.

My whole premise is insulting someone for wanting to fight your group in a PvP map just because you only joined to PvDoor an achievement and abuse the absence of enemy players is childish.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scourge Alliance had a blast on Sotha Sil last night. The Werewolves will be back, Until then we slumber.

Sleeping-Puppy.gif
    Edited by Chrlynsch on October 12, 2017 1:59PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    We had a ridiculous amount of people last night, eventually left when AD was two keeps from emp to go to vivec, but the time we had in sotha sil was pretty entertaining. Good to see EP hit 3 bars briefly and DC had a fair number of people out and about too. Shame that a lot of AD just wants to make the map yellow. AD has become what DC once was it seems :\ I think we maybe captured one keep while we were there, possibly a second that was later lost. We don't count our guild house Bleakers in that tally ;)

That one particular guild of DC that would turn the entire map blue in Sotha has journeyed to Vivec to get dumpstered. Still doesn't stop them from trying to give Vivec the ol' PvDoor razzle dazzle.

I will never bring my guild back into Sotha in its current state.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol had a similar experience on Xarxes the first time I emped there, there was a group of EP and ADs flipping the map for each other, with people abdicating the second they got the achieve. About 5-6 of us stopped them repeatedly at Ash, and they offered to get me emp in exchange for us leaving and letting them have it. I said no, and they left like an hour later. It was fun later to see them multiply with every failed keep when they tried to de-emp me and I was the only player defending lol
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a video game achievement that was meant for to show how good of a pvper which then unfortunately turned into a who can play the most and now thanks to zos it's a who can be on first when kastav or xarxes resets, it's honestly said seeing people using the former emperor title and when you fight them they don't even know how to heal lol
    Edited by Mihael on October 12, 2017 2:33PM
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to all the DC and EP that turned out PvP in Sotha was considerably more enjoyable than it has been in a while.

Yeah I agree, I was on till around 11 C and it was the first time AvAvA has happened in there for awhile, so I hopped back on Sotha for a bit, which is where I prefer to be, all things considered. Good times.
    Nihilos wrote: »
    That one particular guild of DC that would turn the entire map blue in Sotha has journeyed to Vivec to get dumpstered.

"Dumpstered" is a profound understatement. Every time I've run across them in VIvec prime time, I've watched them receive a hot, steaming bowl of justice.
    Edited by pzschrek on October 12, 2017 2:44PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We had a ridiculous amount of people last night, eventually left when AD was two keeps from emp to go to vivec, but the time we had in sotha sil was pretty entertaining. Good to see EP hit 3 bars briefly and DC had a fair number of people out and about too. Shame that a lot of AD just wants to make the map yellow. AD has become what DC once was it seems :\ I think we maybe captured one keep while we were there, possibly a second that was later lost. We don't count our guild house Bleakers in that tally ;)

That one particular guild of DC that would turn the entire map blue in Sotha has journeyed to Vivec to get dumpstered. Still doesn't stop them from trying to give Vivec the ol' PvDoor razzle dazzle.
    I think that's something that is more difficult to get away with consistently on Vivec at least. We tend to separate from the rest of AD on Vivec with our 12-16, but it seems anywhere we go if we wipe people once or twice they come back with 2 raids+, including the guild we're talking about.

Was on EP in Sotha for a bit last night, had some fun at least even though my stamblade is kind of meh as far as stealth burst goes because of Miat's. Finally leveled my EP magplar to max though, will finish getting skills and gear it out soon.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Double Post
    Edited by pzschrek on October 12, 2017 2:44PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Either way, it's really disappointing when the emperorship achievement and title has turned into a free pass in which players can willy nilly farm/trade it with 0 opposition rather than what it used to be. Where it took planning, hard work, consistency, strategy, and a decent amount of skill.

So essentially what Sotha has become over the last two weeks?

It's so cute when you try to take some moral high road, only to be proven a hypocrite time and time again.
    Edited by Taysa on October 12, 2017 5:35PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Thanks to all the DC and EP that turned out PvP in Sotha was considerably more enjoyable than it has been in a while.

Yeah I agree, I was on till around 11 C and it was the first time AvAvA has happened in there for awhile, so I hopped back on Sotha for a bit, which is where I prefer to be, all things considered. Good times.
    That one particular guild of DC that would turn the entire map blue in Sotha has journeyed to Vivec to get dumpstered.

"Dumpstered" is a profound understatement. Every time I've run across them in VIvec prime time, I've watched them receive a hot, steaming bowl of justice.

I have a clip from the other day of them chasing my group into a tower and all dying in a big heap from VD on the front door.♥️ And the GM of this guild told me I need to get good so he remembers me.

During the IC event I watched them camp the EP sewer entrance with 12-15. They had oils up over the tunnel, trap beasts in the tunnel, and multiple people stacked all over the place. It feels so good to get revenge!
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭

My whole premise is insulting someone for wanting to fight your group in a PvP map just because you only joined to PvDoor an achievement and abuse the absence of enemy players is childish.

This was the post in question: "** is running in Alma rn trying to Emp @****** if anyone wants to come with for the full PvDoor experience. Good practice for setting up siege if you're new to PvP."

A certain AD emp was in our Discord when that post was made and then suddenly his friends show up in Alma to stop all those unworthy of attaining emp. The PvDoor comment was only made because the server seemed to be pretty quiet at the time and I thought it would be a good training opportunity for newer PvPers to learn about siege.I don't mind having people to fight, I don't mind having to work for a keep, I don't even mind getting wiped by better and more organized group. We've had some pretty decent fights with red and blue in the days before you showed up.

What I do mind is other players that believe they alone are worthy of the title and will do anything to stop others in their faction from getting it too. As @Adenoma said, it's a video game achievement...

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, if I know that someone is going to PvDoor an empty server for emp, I'd take a crack at fighting the push, too. Sounds like fun.

Stopping emp flips in empty servers would be a blast if it was possible to know when it's happening without being on sentry duty in 4 servers.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, if I know that someone is going to PvDoor an empty server for emp, I'd take a crack at fighting the push, too. Sounds like fun.

Stopping emp flips in empty servers would be a blast if it was possible to know when it's happening without being on sentry duty in 4 servers.

Oh, just to be clear. I don't care that we actually had to PvP in PvP.

Sending hate tells to one of IV's GMs and having people log AD to help them harass was a bit much though for some people.

foSllqp.png
  • Patches760
    Patches760
    ✭✭
    But like what does all this got to do with sothi tho
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    Next time you take a picture can you get a little closer. Picture looks kinda far.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kynseon wrote: »
    Next time you take a picture can you get a little closer. Picture looks kinda far.
    Indeed, we can only barely make out the salt from this elevation.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kynseon wrote: »
    Indeed, we can only barely make out the salt from this elevation.

It's like a dusting of snow in early November.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

It's a video game achievement that was meant for to show how good of a pvper which then unfortunately turned into a who can play the most and now thanks to zos it's a who can be on first when kastav or xarxes resets, it's honestly said seeing people using the former emperor title and when you fight them they don't even know how to heal lol

Agreed. Emp is not a title that shows how great you are as a PvPer. It's a title that proves you have more hours in a day than everyone else to consistently farm AP, while the cumulative effort and coordination of everyone else online at a particular time flips all the inner keeps for you.

Even if there were more to getting emp than that, you still can't emp without ereryone else on the map doing all that sieging and defending. Makes me laugh when I see these self inflated egos walking around thinking they emp because they have skill and they did it all by themselves :D

Players these days just farm it for the sweet costume and dye.
    Edited by Scarlett_Princess on October 12, 2017 8:20PM

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either way, it's really disappointing when the emperorship achievement and title has turned into a free pass in which players can willy nilly farm/trade it with 0 opposition rather than what it used to be. Where it took planning, hard work, consistency, strategy, and a decent amount of skill.

So essentially what Sotha has become over the last two weeks?

It's so cute when you try to take some moral high road, only to be proven a hypocrite time and time again.

Are you trying to equate whats happening in sothasil to me? lol. I don't run any big guilds in sotha, my group rarely gets above 5 people and we haven't even been playing sotha in ages especially since I've been streaming solo pvp in vivec. Kita stopped playing in sotha as well very recently (notice how red has emp now?), so I don't understand this "hypocrite" accusation.

Oh, just to be clear. I don't care that we actually had to PvP in PvP.

Sending hate tells to one of IV's GMs and having people log AD to help them harass was a bit much though for some people.

foSllqp.png

My friend was in discord and heard we were fighting your large group in almalexia. He doesn't have an EP so he wanted to watch on AD. IV's GM was the one who whispered me first after I killed her, and started complaining that we aren't "letting you guys get free emp". I'd argue against your claims that you "don't mind challenging pvp" If you tried to emp on a dead campaign. To each their own though.

Agreed. Emp is not a title that shows how great you are as a PvPer. It's a title that proves you have more hours in a day than everyone else to consistently farm AP, while the cumulative effort and coordination of everyone else online at a particular time flips all the inner keeps for you.

Even if there were more to getting emp than that, you still can't emp without ereryone else on the map doing all that sieging and defending. Makes me laugh when I see these self inflated egos walking around thinking they emp because they have skill and they did it all by themselves :D

Players these days just farm it for the sweet costume and dye.

Kita has been the best emp AD has ever had on sotha sil. Ever. The last person to even come close was Uncle sheo.
    We never claimed emp is 100% because of one person and 100% skill based. However when you're an emperor and can tank 20+ people and easily wipe groups, something that neither emps on DC or EP could ever do, you're definitely responsible for a lot of AD's prosperity in PvP. Anyone can get emp with a zerg, we all know this. Not everyone (very few people) can do what Kita did as emp on Sotha, which is why he refused to give up emperorship for free (like you requested) to #2 on the leaderboard because they wouldn't be able to handle the responsibility. Also, Kita primarily kept emp for so long because he farmed AP and AP = Money + Gear. If you want emp, farm ap, and grind for it like everybody else.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on October 12, 2017 9:24PM
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Deleted because I mistakenly double posted]
    Edited by Joshlenoir on October 12, 2017 9:16PM
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

Are you trying to equate whats happening in sothasil to me? lol. I don't run any big guilds in sotha, my group rarely gets above 5 people and we haven't even been playing sotha in ages. Kita stopped playing in sotha as well, so I don't understand this "hypocrite" accusation. I definitely know what challenging pvp is more than almost anyone.

My friend was in discord and heard we were fighting your large group in almalexia. He doesn't have an EP so he wanted to watch on AD. IV's GM was the one who whispered me first after I killed her, and started complaining that we aren't "letting you guys get free emp". I'd argue against your claims that you "don't mind challenging pvp" If you tried to emp on a dead campaign. To each their own though.

Kita has been the best emp AD has ever had on sotha sil. Ever. The last person to even come close was Uncle sheo.
    We never claimed emp is 100% because of one person and 100% skill based. However when you're an emperor and can tank 20+ people and easily wipe groups, something that neither emps on DC or EP could ever do, you're definitely responsible for a lot of AD's prosperity in PvP. Anyone can get emp with a zerg, we all know this. Not everyone (very few people) can do what Kita did as emp on Sotha, which is why he refused to give up emperorship for free (like you requested) to #2 on the leaderboard because they wouldn't be able to handle the responsibility. Also, Kita primarily kept emp for so long because he farmed AP and AP = Money + Gear. If you want emp, farm ap, and grind for it like everybody else.

giphy.gif

So much *** I don't even know where to begin :D

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Deleted because i suck at quoting people on forums]
    Edited by Joshlenoir on October 12, 2017 9:14PM