Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Pet Health Regeneration is still bugged since PTS and yet to even be acknowledged

Transairion
Transairion
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorc Combat Pets (Familiar/Clanferr/Twilight) and the Warden Bear Ultimate still remain bugged, or brutally stealth nerfed since PTS. If this is a bug, let us know. We've asked and asked on PTS to be met with silence. It's now and Live, and still no response.

Previously when combat ended your pets returned to your side and rapidly began to regain their health, allowing the player to only have to worry about their our resources (health included) like every other build before starting combat. Now pets will not regenerate health outside combat AT ALL (they never did during combat), and between every single encounter you have to manually heal them with a healing ability of some kind. That, or be prepared to watch them die repeatedly after being whittled down over time. Unless you've manually enabled their health bars, you also won't even know when their low on health and can start a World Boss to watch them die instantly from previous wounds.

If this is somehow intended, we deserve an explanation for this unwarranted nerf: Combat Pet regeneration is the only thing that keeps them in line with any other player build, and removing it means any combat pet user now has to micromanage their pet health out of combat in addition to managing it within combat (which we already have to). What was the purpose of slow, repeated buffs to combat pets just to give them a hidden nerf... including a nerf to your newest class??

@ZOS we've been polite on PTS for months, you didn't respond. It's now Live without a response. We want answers, is this a bug or not?
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended.
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pet sustain needed a nerf :joy:
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It would be nice if someone could confirm if this was intended or not. Nothing was in the patch notes about it so I assumed it was a bug.

I understand the nerf that was put into place, but not regaining health out of combat is a little annoying and pointless. If you don't have a heal you have to disband and resummon after each fight? It just seems like a bug.

Guess I'll just keep my Twilight slotted and heal with that.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, the bug section have lot of reports on this. They just made pet abilities completely trash and no answer whatsoever. Here some other threads with lot of reports from users about the issue.
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been bugging this on the PTS for several weeks and making posts about it in the Morrowind closed forum. I used all the relevant @s and it has been totally ignored.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel maybe he will see it.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm anxiously awaiting an answer as well. My dual pet magsorc can deal with it. My fun bow bow clannfear stamsorc finds it irritating enough (all her blue to heal clannfear twice after each skirmish) that she is shelved until this is fixed (or will likely be retired if not fixed). Another slap for trying to have fun out of the metabox?
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on May 25, 2017 12:00PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It drives me absolutely mad tbh. It's not the fact that they don't regenerate health anymore (btw I was under assumption they slowly regenerated health in combat before as well? Suppose never watched that closely though), it's not the damage nerf to Familiar(which was needed), it's the absolute silence.

I understand that perhaps this was broken by accident and they don't yet understand how to fix it. I understand that have a LOT of other things to worry about right now. What I do NOT understand in the slightest is why is it so hard to post a clarification on this. It's apparently been reported on PTS, it was never mentioned in the patch notes, it is now live. They may not know how to fix it IF it's a bug but surely they at least know whether or not it actually is one.

They're reading our threads, if I start swearing here to let my frustration out it's 100% guarantee someone will show up within several hours to edit my post. Why not just click "new message" and type "hey guys, would just like to let you know it's a bug/not a bug". I can't imagine it'd take even a full minute of their time. Yet they evidently don't even care enough to dedicate even 30 seconds to clear it up for us. THAT's the main issue with ESO. Not bugs, lag, crown crates, not even new BGs working 1/10 cases at best, not lack of endgame content, but this *** deafening silence.

/frustrated
    Edited by Magdalina on May 26, 2017 3:43PM
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If its not a bug and was intended it would be nice to know so I can just drop my pet build. I'm having to resummon them twice as much as I was before the patch. The nerfs in the patch notes makes since. But with this pet health problem its making them subpar.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please respond to this.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pets in general seem bugged

My familiar will just disappear (literally fade away) and then reappear again after the fight.
    Edited by Betsararie on May 25, 2017 2:38PM
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm anxiously awaiting an answer as well. My dual pet magsorc can deal with it. My fun bow bow clannfear stamsorc finds it irritating enough (all her blue to heal clannfear twice after each skirmish) that she is shelved until this is fixed (or will likely be retired if not fixed). Another slap for trying to have fun out of the metabox?

Indeed, my Summon-Everything Sorc can survive... but I'm an outlier, using Ward on all pets with almost 100% uptime and healing them with Matriach before they can be killed. Most players aren't going to want to babysit them that hard all the time.

My familiar will just disappear (literally fade away) and then reappear again after the fight.

My sympathies, that sounds horrendous. Sounds like Wrobel went back to the past and killed your Scamp's ancestor...

ZOS, we just want to know what's going on here. You seemingly want combat pets to be viable, made a whole new class with them... but then something like this on top of everything else? Don't leave us in the dark. We won't be mad if it is bugged, bugs happen.

We will be mad if you decided on an undocument nerf and then just sit silently hoping we won't notice.
    Edited by Transairion on May 25, 2017 6:11PM
  • MissNet
    MissNet
    Soul Shriven
    I run 2 pet magsorc build (Clannfear and Twilight Matriarch). Mainly solo play, occasional casual grouping.
    I noticed several frustrating changes since Morrowind patch:
    • Pets not regenerating health out of combat. I can live with that, but since it's not on the patch notes I assume it's a bug;
    • Pets ignoring Y + click command and attacking any target I heavy attack. This is more frustrating, since my Clannfear now running around between adds like headless chicken instead of just aggro the boss, like I commanded. I just stopped using Clannfear, it's useless now;
    • Pets' pathfinding AI seems even worse than it was before. They constantly get stuck inside walls, spawn on different vertical levels and just plain disappear/reappear randomly.

I would like to see some explanation from developers If these changes are intended or bugs.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just letting you know we're looking into this and will get you answers as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for responding! Can you please check about pet threat generation as well? Before Homestead, solo sorcs could have their pets tank bosses, but this doesn't work any more. Bosses will attack the player now instead. This change was not called out in the patch notes then and I have been trying to get an answer to whether this change was intended since Homestead was released.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you know we're looking into this and will get you answers as soon as we can.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Hey Gina, could you guys also look into the heavy-attack/pet-targeting change too? Either make it only a fully-charged heavy, or an option, or simply have it not apply to heal-pets..
    Sending my healing pet (Twilight-matriarch) into the middle of the opposing zerg every time I do a med attack just isn't ideal.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has not had any issue with the wardens bear, however I saw an clanfear with half health and it did not regain health during an quest dialogue sequence, has not tested my scamp in combat after morrowind.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Has not had any issue with the wardens bear, however I saw an clanfear with half health and it did not regain health during an quest dialogue sequence, has not tested my scamp in combat after morrowind.

The warden bear is MUCH sturdier than any of the sorc pets. Also, ironically despite being far more threatening looking than a clanfear, it does not hold aggro. Clanfears get hit a lot more than the grizzly because their tail swipe attack grabs aggro.

And I have tested and confirmed several times. None of the pets in base form or any of their morphs is regenerating health in or out of combat. It's not just a dialogue sequence. Spend half an hour in town crafting or whatever and none of them will regenerate even 1 HP.
    Edited by Iselin on May 26, 2017 2:12PM
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks so much for looking into this Gina, we appreciate you looking out for us Pet users <3

The warden bear is MUCH sturdier than any of the sorc pets. Also, ironically despite being far more threatening looking than a clanfear, it does not hold aggro. Clanfears get hit a lot more than the grizzly because their tail swipe attack grabs aggro.

This may be going on a bit of a tangent, and I haven't used a Clanferr in ages but... did their Tail Swipe get fixed at some point? I'm sure I heard (ingame or otherwise) that Clanferrs stopped using tail swipe, so the couldn't generate threat properly.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This may be going on a bit of a tangent, and I haven't used a Clanferr in ages but... did their Tail Swipe get fixed at some point? I'm sure I heard (ingame or otherwise) that Clanferrs stopped using tail swipe, so the couldn't generate threat properly.

When I was testing the health regen issue on the PTS during the past few weeks I consistently saw the clanfear hold aggro. Sometimes, as when soloing a dolmen, holding 3 or 4 mobs that I was also actively attacking. Of course that would be almost impossible to test on live. First you'd have to find a dolmen that doesn't have a horde of grinders :)

With the Warden's grizzly all you have to do is look at that one single mob (whose attention it mysteriously happened to somehow get) the wrong way and it'll come after you. I mean... it's a big honking bear! It's just sad that it doesn't tank.
    Edited by Iselin on May 26, 2017 2:23PM
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Warden's grizzly all you have to do is look at that one single mob (whose attention it mysteriously happened to somehow get) the wrong way and it'll come after you. I mean... it's a big honking bear! It's just sad that it doesn't tank.

This probably has something to do with it being an Ultimate (a DPS focused one at that), and because Summon Storm Antronach (another Summon Ult) used to Taunt and hold a lot of agro itself... but this feature was removed/nerfed out soon after the game launched due to causing problems in Trials and what have you. Doubtful they'd want to put it back in.

To be honest the Bear sounds like a far superior summon to the Antronach now: the latter is on a timer but still manages to have health (can be killed before it times out), can't move from where it is dropped, and it can be CC'd (so does literally nothing). It has the weaknesses of a permanent summon while being temporary. The only benefit I can really see is you can barswap away from it once dropped... yay?
    Edited by Transairion on May 26, 2017 2:39PM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This probably has something to do with it being an Ultimate (a DPS focused one at that), and because Summon Storm Antronach (another Summon Ult) used to Taunt and hold a lot of agro itself... but this feature was removed/nerfed out soon after the game launched due to causing problems in Trials and what have you. Doubtful they'd want to put it back in.

To be honest the Bear sounds like a far superior summon to the Antronach now: the latter is on a timer but still manages to have health (can be killed before it times out), can't move from where it is dropped, and it can be CC'd (so does literally nothing). It has the weaknesses of a permanent summon while being temporary. The only benefit I can really see is you can barswap away from it once dropped... yay?

Yeah I'm not sold on the bear. I still use it soloing but I replace it with Northern Storm when doing 4-man dingeons. The problem is that you have to micromanage its ultimate attack: first you have to make sure it's still on the boss and didn't go chasing after an add you happened to medium or heavy attack, then you have to make sure the boss is stationary because if it moves during the animation the attack will miss. The atronach, OTOH, is a reliable fire and forget ultimate.

At any rate, once I unlock the destro ultimate on my warden, I'll go with that until I get Meteor.
  • PepterKleptic
    PepterKleptic
    ✭✭
    I really want to see every single thing they did to update familiars rolled back. The targeting based on H-atk, the regen bug, the constant disappearing when you change elevation, the getting stuck in geometry constantly. I do like that they don't despawn on every transition, but with all the other problems it really doesn't matter TBH.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Any news yet?
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its Memorial day weekend. I doubt anything will be done about it this week.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Yeah I'm not sold on the bear. I still use it soloing but I replace it with Northern Storm when doing 4-man dingeons. The problem is that you have to micromanage its ultimate attack: first you have to make sure it's still on the boss and didn't go chasing after an add you happened to medium or heavy attack, then you have to make sure the boss is stationary because if it moves during the animation the attack will miss. The atronach, OTOH, is a reliable fire and forget ultimate.

At any rate, once I unlock the destro ultimate on my warden, I'll go with that until I get Meteor.

While you're running around micromanaging your resources, I'll be enjoying my permanent Magicka boost from Necropotence and having my bear out. Further, you're comparing Atronach, which is a RANGED attack compared to the bear, which is melee. Also, how much Ultimate does Atronach cost whereas bear's Ultimate can be recast quickly due to little cost. Sure it takes some setting up, but there are plenty of ultimates out there that also can 'miss', particularly the conal ones... and even Meteor can miss most damage if enemies MOVE outside of the small radius.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very irritating indeed. My poor healer feels obligated to heal every summoned pet running round town with half a green bar. Lol. ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The pet is not buged at all ! As you can see on these screens .

2uhlq83.jpg
    2njhnxi.jpg
    dg1buv.jpg
    2z9cmq0.jpg
    2wf4ks0.jpg
    2q068gm.jpg
    30coshh.jpg
    14tq1ys.jpg
    1zn0t5k.jpg
    2q1doac.jpg
    2qm0suq.jpg
    291njux.jpg
    kcg9w.jpg
    2m369dy.jpg
    Edited by Apherius on May 30, 2017 2:41PM
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    The pet is not buged at all ! As you can see on these screens .

2uhlq83.jpg
    2njhnxi.jpg
    dg1buv.jpg
    2z9cmq0.jpg
    2wf4ks0.jpg
    2q068gm.jpg
    30coshh.jpg
    14tq1ys.jpg
    1zn0t5k.jpg
    2q1doac.jpg
    2qm0suq.jpg
    291njux.jpg
    kcg9w.jpg
    2m369dy.jpg

Well, at least he can't take damage in those postitions, meaning the health regen bug is no issue. :trollface:
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Yup still bugged today. Not regenerating health in combat or out of combat.

Although going in or out of an instance does reset them to full health but I think that's just because that functions like a re-summon.