Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Pet Health Regeneration is still bugged since PTS and yet to even be acknowledged

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strontium wrote: »
    Hey guys, just letting you know we've been reading all your feedback in this thread, and plan to re-evaluate the changes made to pet health regeneration in the future.

How about letting us choose if we want our pets to change targets on heavy attack as well? Who even asked for this? It makes pet tanking useless.

Console needs a way to command pets, this was their solution. Mine was that they target the highlighted/tagged opponent.
    One option would be to make activate pet an targeted command.
    Yes it would result in you have to activate clanfear heal to target it and you would have to aim up in air or on ground for twilight heal if you want her to be passive but HA would still hold her passive.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jaazer
    Jaazer
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ok, something different to consider. Suppose they change it so that pets are automatically despawned/unsummoned when you go out of combat. Discuss.

How about just re-enable the out of combat regen? It is probably just a number in a database table that is currently set to 0.

Edited by Jaazer on June 14, 2017 2:07PM
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]
    It means you would need to spend more resources (ie Magicka) to maintain your pet, rather than it being cast-once-and-forget like it was before, which is my personal guess for why they removed passive regeneration [/quote]

O common! I really do not believe they planned to do that change. It is not mentioned in the official notes and this is a huge change to be forgotten! It is just a bug, but they will never admit it.
    I really don’t think that ZOS will make such huge change and even after so many complaints they will say “ok we will re-consider our decision in future”. No one can convince me it was a planned thing and not a bug.
    Edited by FastBen on June 14, 2017 2:15PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaazer wrote: »
    Ok, something different to consider. Suppose they change it so that pets are automatically despawned/unsummoned when you go out of combat. Discuss.
    How about just re-enable the out of combat regen? It is probably just a number in a database table that is currently set to 0.
    Well yeah, that would be great. But they wouldn't have disabled it in the first place if it wasn't supposed to achieve something, and just enabling it again would revert whatever that purpose was. Incidentally I haven't seen many comments trying to ascertain the actual purpose of the change, just many wanting it to be reverted.

FastBen wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote:
    It means you would need to spend more resources (ie Magicka) to maintain your pet, rather than it being cast-once-and-forget like it was before, which is my personal guess for why they removed passive regeneration
    O common! I really do not believe they planned to do that change. It is not mentioned in the official notes and this is a huge change to be forgotten! It is just a bug, but they will never admit it.
    I really don’t think that ZOS will make such huge change and even after so many complaints they will say “ok we will re-consider our decision in future”. No one can convince me it was a planned thing and not a bug.
    Considering they said "re-evaluate the changes" and specifically say it was missed in the patch notes, it was almost certainly intended.

(And I think you mean "come on" - "common" is something completely different :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jaazer
    Jaazer
    Well yeah, that would be great. But they wouldn't have disabled it in the first place if it wasn't supposed to achieve something, and just enabling it again would revert whatever that purpose was. Incidentally I haven't seen many comments trying to ascertain the actual purpose of the change, just many wanting it to be reverted.

Concerning the out of combat regen:

- To my knowledge it was never documented in the patch notes.
    - To my knowledge ZOS has only stated that the change was intended and that they are re-evaluating the change.
    - Numerous people in this thread have speculated as to why they made this change.
    - Numerous people in this thread have asked ZOS to explain why they made this change, with no answer.

My opinion is that this change has achieved nothing but to frustrate people who play pet classes.

Edited by Jaazer on June 14, 2017 5:28PM
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Enodoc wrote:
    It means you would need to spend more resources (ie Magicka) to maintain your pet, rather than it being cast-once-and-forget like it was before, which is my personal guess for why they removed passive regeneration
    Considering they said "re-evaluate the changes" and specifically say it was missed in the patch notes, it was almost certainly intended.

(And I think you mean "come on" - "common" is something completely different :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

I don't believe anyone sat down and actually said "I think we need to place more of a burden on pet sorcs out of combat." What feels more likely to me is that they said "Let's make keeping pets alive in combat more difficult. It'll be easiest to just null all health regen, that'll be fine, right?" and then just went with it.

Downtime between fights is an MMO trope that has been abandoned for, literally, almost fifteen years. I cannot believe that ZOS intentionally said "let's bring it back, but only for one specific playstyle of one specific class." I can believe that it's a side-effect that they thought wouldn't cause too many problems.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Enodoc wrote:

I don't believe anyone sat down and actually said "I think we need to place more of a burden on pet sorcs out of combat." What feels more likely to me is that they said "Let's make keeping pets alive in combat more difficult. It'll be easiest to just null all health regen, that'll be fine, right?" and then just went with it.

Downtime between fights is an MMO trope that has been abandoned for, literally, almost fifteen years. I cannot believe that ZOS intentionally said "let's bring it back, but only for one specific playstyle of one specific class." I can believe that it's a side-effect that they thought wouldn't cause too many problems.

Well, every time I bring up the subject in zone chat, no one cares...

I get no response. Not even a confused, Huh?

I think this may be a case of forum warriors vs Zos.....

If anyone has experience chatting with people in game who are annoyed by it, I think it would make more of an impact to Zos.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Enodoc wrote:

Well, every time I bring up the subject in zone chat, no one cares...

I get no response. Not even a confused, Huh?

I think this may be a case of forum warriors vs Zos.....

If anyone has experience chatting with people in game who are annoyed by it, I think it would make more of an impact to Zos.

Honestly I doubt it's something most people in zone chat even know about, since pet health bars are turned off by default. The subset of players who 1) know that health bars are even a thing and 2) go into the settings to turn them on is likely pretty small. More likely most pet sorcs just have to resummon their pet every now and again without really knowing why. This wouldn't be new to them, since before the patch that removed out-of-combat health regen, we had to resummon our pets after every loading screen.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I doubt it's something most people in zone chat even know about, since pet health bars are turned off by default. The subset of players who 1) know that health bars are even a thing and 2) go into the settings to turn them on is likely pretty small. More likely most pet sorcs just have to resummon their pet every now and again without really knowing why. This wouldn't be new to them, since before the patch that removed out-of-combat health regen, we had to resummon our pets after every loading screen.

Exactly.

The large number of sorc pets I see with low health even in cities tells me that most people are not even aware that their pets need healing now. We're also so used to 3 years of oddball pet bugs that people that don't know how to turn the health bar on most likely just chalk it up to a glitch. Additionally any time that you port to a new zone, go in or our of delves, public dungeons and other instances the pets go through an auto re-summon giving them full health.

It is also not much of an issue for Wardens because their grizzly has huge damage mitigation and it's very rare for it to actually die in combat.

The only time as a matter of fact that I see repeated grizzly deaths on wardens is on the last boss of ROM during the last stage which seems bugged because they take massive AOE damage there despite all pets being very resistant to boss AOE everywhere else.

It is only an issue for the small sub-set of sorcerers that are actually aware of the change. It's just a WTF weird glitch for everyone else.
    Edited by Iselin on June 14, 2017 5:55PM
  • Jaazer
    Jaazer
    Iselin wrote: »

Exactly.

The large number of sorc pets I see with low health even in cities tells me that most people are not even aware that their pets need healing now. We're also so used to 3 years of oddball pet bugs that people that don't know how to turn the health bar on most likely just chalk it up to a glitch. Additionally any time that you port to a new zone, go in or our of delves, public dungeons and other instances the pets go through an auto re-summon giving them full health.

It is also not much of an issue for Wardens because their grizzly has huge damage mitigation and it's very rare for it to actually die in combat.

The only time as a matter of fact that I see repeated grizzly deaths on wardens is on the last boss of ROM during the last stage which seems bugged because they take massive AOE damage there despite all pets being very resistant to boss AOE everywhere else.

It is only an issue for the small sub-set of sorcerers that are actually aware of the change. It's just a WTF weird glitch for everyone else.

I do have my pet health bar enabled on both my Sorc and Warden, I do continuously heal them out of combat (Sorc more often than Warden), and it does get old after a while. Since removing out of combat regen for pets serves no useful purpose (that I can think of) it is just detracts from the fun factor.

• Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any news on this matter please?

Thanks.
    Comrade, a word...
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorc pets are broken and annoying just get rid of em pls
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish to relive my days as a hunter in other rpgs.... getting this out of combat regen back would be a step forward.

Also we can point to this thread as an example of when Zos DOES listen whenever there are pessimists around.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Jaazer
    Jaazer
    Has there been any update on this issue?
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has there been any update on this issue?

Someone said it might not get fixed until the next "major update" which isn't until August.

And that isn't even a guarantee that they are even going to change anything.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No in combat healing I can understand, but no out of combat health regeneration? That sounds like a bug to me, no matter what they've said about it. I've been playing MMOs for as long as they've been around, and I've never had a pet that didn't regen health pts out of combat.

It is very annoying when I'm soloing on my sorc with 2 destro staves, one non-healing pet out, & no heals except what I get back with surge. If the familiar gets really low I have to stop, swap out the skill and then swap it back in and re-summon.

On my warden, I tried the add-on Pet Dismiss (keybind) to expedite this process. Kinda amusing -- the eternal morph bear winks out and then promptly winks right back in.
  • catch22atplay
    catch22atplay
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you know we've been reading all your feedback in this thread, and plan to re-evaluate the changes made to pet health regeneration in the future.

At the minimum the pets should be able to regenerate HP out of combat. Me having to constantly unsummon which requires an addon and resummon is tedious, annoying, and add a whole bunch of expletives. Please fix very soon.
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    I know it was bothering me last night on my sorc. I hadn't even noticed it before, but too often I wouldn't notice there was a problem until it was too late (and I lost the pet during the initial part of a fight). Sure, you can say that's my fault, but the ramifications of it are that I'm probably going to stop playing a sorc if it continues like this. And as it's my favorite char, that might diminish my reason for actually playing the game. And I'm one of the fans of the game.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarbonn wrote: »
    I know it was bothering me last night on my sorc. I hadn't even noticed it before, but too often I wouldn't notice there was a problem until it was too late (and I lost the pet during the initial part of a fight). Sure, you can say that's my fault, but the ramifications of it are that I'm probably going to stop playing a sorc if it continues like this. And as it's my favorite char, that might diminish my reason for actually playing the game. And I'm one of the fans of the game.

Well that's it in a nutshell. You generally don't notice until there is an issue. Like....where the F is my stupid pet?? Or great he has a sliver of health >.< ok just go die already.

I didn't know about the addon so I will go check that out tonight.

At this point dismissing and resummoning is better than nothing...which is what we have now.

Look at it this way: I can ride my three legged horse but it's not fun for either me or the horse.

Please FIX THIS BS!
  • catch22atplay
    catch22atplay
    ✭✭
    faerigirl wrote: »
    sarbonn wrote: »

Well that's it in a nutshell. You generally don't notice until there is an issue. Like....where the F is my stupid pet?? Or great he has a sliver of health >.< ok just go die already.

I didn't know about the addon so I will go check that out tonight.

At this point dismissing and resummoning is better than nothing...which is what we have now.

Look at it this way: I can ride my three legged horse but it's not fun for either me or the horse.

Please FIX THIS BS!

The addon is called rightly enough "Pet Dismiss".
  • Jaazer
    Jaazer
    I guess Pet Dismiss it is...
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello...? Any updates on this subject @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

You guys still 'investigating'...?
    Comrade, a word...
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coilbox wrote: »

There no longer

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4270051/#Comment_4270051

One would assume you know where to look,...
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    sdtlc wrote: »

There no longer

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4270051/#Comment_4270051

One would assume you know where to look,...

Sigh... what a stupid mechanic, having to rely on an addon to solve it is such a poor design... But oh well, thanks anyway for your answer, i guess i wouldnt get such a thing from any of the people at ZOS who works actually on comunication in the forums, which is a very poor mechanic too xD
    Comrade, a word...
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, they put that on the patchnotes ten days ago, that could be the reason this thread went silent ;)
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didnt really paid too much attention to the patch notes since this specific change about the pets regeneration was not in the patch notes originally, also they said they were looking at it, so i thought they might change something later.

Then again, thanks. And i will keep my words:

Useless mechanic that doesnt make any sense. At least can be solved with an addon.

Ridiculous.
    Comrade, a word...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt really paid too much attention to the patch notes since this specific change about the pets regeneration was not in the patch notes originally, also they said they were looking at it, so i thought they might change something later.

Useless mechanic that doesnt make any sense. At least can be solved with an addon.

Ridiculous.
    What does pet health regeneration out of combat have to do with add-ons?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ridiculous.

So they confirm they're investigating, they then confirm they're listening to the feedback and re-evaluating the situation, following which they confirm in the patch notes that they've fixed it - and still it's their fault because you didn't bother to read the patch notes? Ridiculous indeed!