Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Pet Health Regeneration is still bugged since PTS and yet to even be acknowledged

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    another oddity i've noticed:

bear's health at 98-99 pct, so i throw a heal at it, because i'm ocd sometimes.

bear's health immediately drops to 90 pct, so i heal him again - bear's health goes to 100 pct.

this is a consistent thing, but i haven't tested it at lower health levels.

@Lylith That's quite normal and intended. Healing your bear triggers the Maturation Green Balance's Passive which increases the health of your bear by 10% (Minor Toughness). It's a standard behaviour of ESO to drop the missing health after the max health increased.

ah, ok. thank you, i wasn't aware of that. :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Hey guys, apologies for the delay. We got some answers tracked down for you and this is, actually, intended behavior. There were some changes for pets that went in back on the PTS, and unfortunately the patch notes for the changes were missed. Here are the things we changed and what is currently live:
    • Removed passive healing from summoned pets.
    • Increased a pet's damage reduction to radius attacks to 85% from 75%. This bonus applies to all attacks in Trials.
    • Clannfear pets no longer taunt enemies in Trials.
    Gina, please ask for and share the developer comments on these changes. I cannot figure out why they were made, and would like to try to understand the absurdity of these decisions.
    It's presumably so the pets will actually die and you'll have to resummon them, rather than just keeping the same summon up indefinitely.

How does that work in a trial setting? I mean the damage for them was already touched was it not? Healing springs only touched 6 people. So many issues with this little change. It's not noted change so just go back on it.
    Edited by Tasear on June 2, 2017 11:23PM
  • bstag
    bstag
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the delay. We got some answers tracked down for you and this is, actually, intended behavior. There were some changes for pets that went in back on the PTS, and unfortunately the patch notes for the changes were missed. Here are the things we changed and what is currently live:
    • Increased a pet's damage reduction to radius attacks to 85% from 75%. This bonus applies to all attacks in Trials.

Ehh keep it..
    Please remove passive healing from all players out of combat!

Now that sounds stupid, doesn't it. Pause and reflect.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give them time. Eventually they'll think up a reason why this was "intended behavior."
  • Jaazer
    Jaazer
    Removed passive healing from pets while not in combat - why?!!? Please reverse this change!
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.. like wtf.. why.. everything passively regenerates outside of combat.. why are pets an exception. They don't have to instantly gain full health like they did before, but give them a reasonable health regen value at least...

You can't even banish the pet anymore without dragging it off your skillbar. So force resummoning it at low health isn't much of an option either.
    Edited by Krileon on June 3, 2017 3:29PM
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys forgot to put it on patch notes and forgot to come out with it until now? Lol what? That's crazy. That can't be the actual reason.

Translation - "We broke something we couldn't fix."
    Edited by Smmokkee on June 3, 2017 4:54PM
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL these changes 'missing' from the patch notes... Thats just ridiculous... as ridiculous as removing health regen on pets out of combat... seriously, WTF ZOS? xD
    Comrade, a word...
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait wait this is just... hilarious...

So lot of people start commenting about this issue on the PTS tests... You give SILENCE
    People keep asking pointing out this issue, also notifying that its not included on the patch notes... SILENCE
    The changes go live, people keep telling you about this, asking if its a nerf or a bug... more SILENCE
    People open many threads asking for some explanation and you come the 26th of May:
    Hey guys, just letting you know we're looking into this and will get you answers as soon as we can.

And then A WEEK after, you come with this explanation

You didnt have the time to see it before when everyone was asking about it back in the PTS?
    Also... we dont get any developer comments about this nerfs...?

Like... seriously... is this the kind of explanation we are getting about it?

Dont know about the rest, but talking about me... I dont like to be fooled this way. We can be very annoying some times, but we are not just a bunch of idiots.

Comrade, a word...
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that stupid bear will be useless now. RIP wardens guardian.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we have some developer comment why these changes have been made; and not the usual "This will be buff if..." *** you've tried shoveling recently.

I'm convinced that this is some sort of joke. How did these changes get 'missed' from the patch notes? What else has been missed, and how do you expect us to trust you (developers) when you tell us you've not missed anything else.

This is either an entire breakdown of communication internally at ZOS or just plain incompetence from the developers because they broke something they can't fix and instead of admitting this, they try and claim it was intended. Animation Cancelling springs to mind. If it's broke and you don't know how to fix it, just tell us that. Don't lie to us or try and cover your own backs.

It's no wonder some of the big promoters of your game over the past few years have left. Are you trying to dumb your game down so that the target audience is 8 years old?

What's the next DLC? In-game Card Trading game?
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And also comment on why this change was thought too trivial to mention in patch notes or other discussions of changes.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another "fail to deliver" from zos. I wish i was surprised.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • liviogc
    liviogc
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The worst of everything and the silence, I want a comment, a justification, even if it is to say that it will continue like this.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a proven fact that when a MMO company PR's itself into a corner, they will perse their mouths instead of manning up and admitting their faults or mistakes. Again ZoS, you already were built on some of the most unstable foundations when it comes to MMO's these days. The last thing you should be doing is pulling scumbag behavior that reeks of Car Salesmanship deals. "Oh well now that you mention it (after buying the car) there is this *slight* problem with this car you bought." (one week later) Oh that was actually part of the car's make and cannot be changed, good day. *shows you the door*"
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple other ways to heal pets beyond them having their own health regen. They are counted like any other ally and can be healed with any skill that can heal another player. This is not the end of the world.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheemers wrote: »
    There are multiple other ways to heal pets beyond them having their own health regen. They are counted like any other ally and can be healed with any skill that can heal another player. This is not the end of the world.

Reports coming in that some heals don't work.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4191361/#Comment_4191361
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, super bad idea, every other pet class in every other game, pets regen OOC.

Change it back.
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 to this was a super bad idea.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4191361/#Comment_4191361

Just tried it on a bear in the bank.

What worked: Grand healing (and supposedly its morphs like Healing springs)
    What didn't work: combat prayer, ritual of retribution, breath of life, regeneration (and its morphs supposedly)

I mean..... could have been a one off....
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just tried it on a bear in the bank.

What worked: Grand healing (and supposedly its morphs like Healing springs)
    What didn't work: combat prayer, ritual of retribution, breath of life, regeneration (and its morphs supposedly)

I mean..... could have been a one off....

Dev brain storming must of been something like.......

"hey lets make it so pets and other friendly npcs won't steal heals from players"

another dev "hey lets make it so that pets won't self heal either"

/sigh
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not about that you can't heal the pet. Of course you can and you always could before. The issue is that it forces you to a) either carry a resto staff instead of a 2nd destro or b) to use the matriarch so you have a heal. Both is not ideal and diminishes choices and diversity. For no reason whatsoever. That's the issue.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well after leveling my first Warden (CP 600 now) I have come to the conclusion that this is nerf for the simple purpose of making the Grizzly seem more awesome.

Yes, the Warden bear also does not regen health in or out of combat, but it's mostly a non-issue for it because its damage mitigation is equivalent to heavy armor and then some. It barely takes damage. Sorc pets, OTOH are ultra squishy... sort of like light armor minus. The bear can go through multiple fights, solo dolmens, etc. and hardly ever needs healing. Not so for the Sorc pets.

I'm not much of conspiracy theorist and I mostly laughed back when this build first went onto the PTS about claims that the Templars were getting nerfed to make the Warden look better. I still don't think that was the case but this pet nerf that affects Sorc pets, especially those DPS builds that use just the familiar instead of the clanfear, to a much larger extent than Wardens, that they tried to pass off as a stealth nerf and hoped we wouldn't notice, that was ignored for weeks whet it WAS noticed, is suspicious as all hell.

Edited by Iselin on June 4, 2017 8:04AM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it was meant to be a nerf to Sorcs... the most powerful class that the majority continuously complain about... many of them running Necropotence with uber-high Magicka pools... they didn't want to outright bring the super nerf-hammer, they openly nerfed the Familiar, but also had to find another way to nerf them. The way they did it was by forcing Sorcs to spend some of that uber-high Magicka pool on maintaining their pets, which if you think about it, having pets out is the ONLY way that Necropotence gives the Magicka bonus... if you're not running Necropotence with a Sorc pet-build, then you're probably going to be hurting a lot more. I think it was a choice between nerfing Necropotence, which they didn't want to do because a lot of Warden players are probably running it now... or finding another way to force Sorcs to expend Magicka in another way... so they went with forced pet healing as the option.
    Edited by ADarklore on June 4, 2017 9:00AM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if so, why should it not self heal when out of combat? It just creates a situation of a tedious task of healing the pet after every fight. And what if a person does not have a heal slotted and relies on potions to heal?

I can think of no logical reason for no health regen when out of combat.
  • Kater_Murr
    Kater_Murr
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Kater_Murr on March 16, 2019 1:28AM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's sad
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Of course it was meant to be a nerf to Sorcs... the most powerful class that the majority continuously complain about...

are you saying that my sorc tank was more powerful than a DK ?

Edited by Apherius on June 4, 2017 1:01PM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    it's sad
    Of course it was meant to be a nerf to Sorcs... the most powerful class that the majority continuously complain about...

Bigger shield, better sustain and heals, same CC capacity, better dps and an execute. Answer is "yes" for must content aside from Trials.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's sad

A tank is a role, not a class. A DK makes the best tank, to be sure. Pound for pound, though, the Sorc is one of the (if not the most ) powerful class at the moment.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    it's sad

Bigger shield, better sustain and heals, same CC capacity, better dps and an execute. Answer is "yes" for must content aside from Trials.

and this is why the majority of tank are dk , seriously ... you clearly never played a sorc tank ... of course everybody can tank a dungeon ... you just need 5 heavy and a shield , it's why the question is " why not in trial ? " simply because you can take a oneshot during the cast of darkdeal , he also have less tanky passive than the dk , and his main skill like " boundless storm or restrainning prison are a version less powerful than hardened armor / choking talon , he also don't have any " panic ultimate " like the magma shell of the DK . of course we could talk about the Tanky pet of the sorcerer ... but this is no longer a useful skill for tank .
    oh and last think , best heal ... HUMHUM can we talk about the templar plz ? or warden ?
    A tank is a role, not a class. A DK makes the best tank, to be sure. Pound for pound, though, the Sorc is one of the (if not the most ) powerful class at the moment.

and a sorc makes the best dps . for me it's very clear , but don't forgot that in pve , the difference between sorc tank <---> dk tank , is bigger than the difference between a dk dps <---> sorc dps . we could also talk about the Battleground where the NB is the master class cause of viper/selene , but we are talking about PVE .

Edited by Apherius on June 4, 2017 1:55PM