Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Pet Health Regeneration is still bugged since PTS and yet to even be acknowledged

• JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can heal your pet. After a fight my bear needs one cast to be back at full. They probably don't intend pets to regenerate health.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »
    You can heal your pet. After a fight my bear needs one cast to be back at full. They probably don't intend pets to regenerate health.

Sorc pets have regenerated health since game launch. I suspect the goal was to stop health regen while in combat but they could not or overlooked maintaining regen out of combat.
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    The pet is not buged at all ! As you can see on these screens .

2uhlq83.jpg
    2njhnxi.jpg
    dg1buv.jpg
    2z9cmq0.jpg
    2wf4ks0.jpg
    2q068gm.jpg
    30coshh.jpg
    14tq1ys.jpg
    1zn0t5k.jpg
    2q1doac.jpg
    2qm0suq.jpg
    291njux.jpg
    kcg9w.jpg
    2m369dy.jpg

You sir (m'am), have just won the interwebz, this is *** awesome. As anyone can plainly see, the pets needed nerfing on account of how helpful they are....
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just letting you know we've been reading all your feedback in this thread, and plan to re-evaluate the changes made to pet health regeneration in the future.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    That's fantastic news, thank you :)
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you know we've been reading all your feedback in this thread, and plan to re-evaluate the changes made to pet health regeneration in the future.

I regret that I have but one Awesome to give! Great to hear you guys are looking at it. :)
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for the update Gina.
    Comrade, a word...
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Awesome news. If you have the time, could you then also consider this? (pet related)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/351046/unimpressed-by-feral-guardian-bear-ultimate#latest
  • Strontium
    Strontium
    ✭✭✭

How about letting us choose if we want our pets to change targets on heavy attack as well? Who even asked for this? It makes pet tanking useless.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strontium wrote: »

How about letting us choose if we want our pets to change targets on heavy attack as well? Who even asked for this? It makes pet tanking useless.

Console needs a way to command pets, this was their solution. Mine was that they target the highlighted/tagged opponent.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Strontium
    Strontium
    ✭✭✭
    Strontium wrote: »

Console needs a way to command pets, this was their solution. Mine was that they target the highlighted/tagged opponent.

Well perhaps they need to make this optional for those of us not on console. It's apparent that whoever came up with this didn't think it through.

Your suggestion makes a lot more sense than their solution.
    Edited by Strontium on June 8, 2017 4:38PM
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭

I confused was removing pet regen a bug or working as designed?

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshTal wrote: »

They designed it that way on purpose.

But now the sorc lobby (supported by some others on the other side of the aisle like yours truly ;)) has stepped up and made some salient points so they are going to take another look at this decision.

Now if only the nightblade lobby could get a seat at the table.... SIGH wishful thinking.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Well thank you Gina for updating us. And I hope they re-evaluate it really hard. I don't always agree with changes you make to abilities but they usually make sense.

This one however, never made much sense to me especially since the player's ability to even see that the pets need healing is not turned on by default and that for the life of me I can't understand how the lack of out of combat regeneration serves any useful purpose whatsoever.

If your data tells you that they were regenerating in combat too well or too quickly and that made them too powerful (and we don't even know if that was your thinking) surely a reduction of the regeneration amount or rate would be worth trying first before it is completely removed.

Thanks again.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/346006/sorcerer-pet-changes-feedback

@ZOS_GinaBruno Perhaps a comment on this thread would not be unreasonable? It mentions the health bug as well, but is a more encompassing feedback/suggestion on the targeting logic for pets. Thanks.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you're at it, since the warden bear takes up both ultimates, can it pop up a separate control bar for the pet? A small set up of buttons for Charge/ Attack/ Stop Attacking.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great, but proper testing would have been better, everyone thought it was a bug until well after it went live.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

But now the sorc lobby (supported by some others on the other side of the aisle like yours truly ;)) has stepped up and made some salient points so they are going to take another look at this decision.

Now if only the nightblade lobby could get a seat at the table.... SIGH wishful thinking.

As closed beta ESO player, I am not even surprised any more by this kind of stealth, nonsensical nerfs.

I am surprised there are players with floods of bile because some evil sorc killed them in PvP who actually support something so obtuse and totally irrelevant to game balance, like out of combat pet regen.

I hope ESO will remove your class heal out of combat so you, too, shall enjoy having to slot some resto staff and then call the game balanced.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »

As closed beta ESO player, I am not even surprised any more by this kind of stealth, nonsensical nerfs.

I am surprised there are players with floods of bile because some evil sorc killed them in PvP who actually support something so obtuse and totally irrelevant to game balance, like out of combat pet regen.

I hope ESO will remove your class heal out of combat so you, too, shall enjoy having to slot some resto staff and then call the game balanced.

Eh? Do I misunderstand? I was against this nerf.... of all the beef I may have with Sorcs, pet health regen isn't one of them.
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, but when ZOS_GinaBruno said "plan to re-evaluate the changes made to pet health regeneration in the future."

How far in "future" are we talking?

Why do I have feeling this was just something said in hopes to push the topic out and have people forget about it.

I'm probably wrong, but I honestly don't foresee a fix for this anytime soon. If ever.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, but when ZOS_GinaBruno said "plan to re-evaluate the changes made to pet health regeneration in the future."

How far in "future" are we talking?

Why do I have feeling this was just something said in hopes to push the topic out and have people forget about it.

I'm probably wrong, but I honestly don't foresee a fix for this anytime soon. If ever.
    Ability changes don't usually go through until a major update. So that's August. It's still possible that something will happen before though, as more minor changes have been pushed before then.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    The discussion about combat regeneration aside... how many people and discussions does it need for ZOS to understand that the removal of out of combat regeneration was completely stupid and bring it back asap?!

And I am not even playing with the idiot bear and I can't stand to look at the sorc pets... come on, ZOS, it's just stupid since it serves _no_ purpose.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, something different to consider. Suppose they change it so that pets are automatically despawned/unsummoned when you go out of combat. Discuss.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ok, something different to consider. Suppose they change it so that pets are automatically despawned/unsummoned when you go out of combat. Discuss.

I could support that and would actually prefer it *IF* pets only needed to be on one bar and did not unsummon when switching bars. I think what might be more practical is to have pets remain for a set duration and not be required on all bars. They would work like a DOT skill, and if you swapped bars without the pet skill, the pet would remain for the duration but you would not be able to activate the damage/heal morph till you swapped to the other bar.

I am not sure what would be a good duration though. It definitely needs to be long enough to avoid having to constantly summon the pet. Perhaps 60 or 120 seconds?

And, the other benefit from this is cities would have less summoned pets running around. :smiley:
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭

What would be the goal of this change?
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Giant step backwards since the only pet QOL benefit from the Morrowind patch is that pets now persist when you port, go in and out of dungeons and delves, etc. Before the last patch they had to be re-summoned every time you did those things.

Needing to re-summon whenever you go out of combat would be a bigger PITA even than the old way. You'd have to do it constantly in dungeons, delves, and even in high density quest areas in the open world.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skjoldur wrote: »
    It means you would need to spend more resources (ie Magicka) to maintain your pet, rather than it being cast-once-and-forget like it was before, which is my personal guess for why they removed passive regeneration (pets die more often and therefore you need to spend resources to respawn them and/or heal them), given that resource management was their drive for this update. Consider otherwise that pets have no sustain cost; you're getting a constant benefit while there out without a constant drain. Prior to Update 10, Magelight was a constant effect, but the trade-off was reduced Max Magicka. Since Update 10, Magelight is no longer constant and just lasts 5 seconds.

(As JasonSilverSpring says, it also has the added benefit of considerably reducing the number of pets floating around in towns.)
    Edited by Enodoc on June 14, 2017 11:41AM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That would get really annoying while questing and transitioning between mobs in dungeons. This game already has too many annoying "maintenance" components.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It means you would need to spend more resources (ie Magicka) to maintain your pet, rather than it being cast-once-and-forget like it was before, which is my personal guess for why they removed passive regeneration (pets die more often and therefore you need to spend resources to respawn them and/or heal them), given that resource management was their drive for this update. Consider otherwise that pets have no sustain cost; you're getting a constant benefit while there out without a constant drain. Prior to Update 10, Magelight was a constant effect, but the trade-off was reduced Max Magicka. Since Update 10, Magelight is no longer constant and just lasts 5 seconds.

(As JasonSilverSpring says, it also has the added benefit of considerably reducing the number of pets floating around in towns.)

That kind of change would kill any enjoyment of using pets for myself and likely many others. Pets do require resources to maintain, even when they had regen. With sorcerer pets you gain a % bonus to max health, you saying that EVERY fight I not only need to go into a lengthy resummoning routine to get my pets ready (woe to those foolish enough to want to use several pets) but also that I would then start every fight below max health (or in pvp where someone could sneak away, get my pets dismissed, then attack me while weakened). Or how the twilight and clannfear are both valid heals, should those skills which could be vital to some builds always be locked behind a resummon at the start of every fight (which again could be easily *utilized, by pvp'ers). Pets still die, still takes magicka to resummon them (with the cast time) and they are very much suicidal when it comes to fight, this change would just make them so much of a nusence to even think about using I would likely not touch any of the characters that use pets until that proposed change would be altered or reverted.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There is no evidence that the change to pet health regen had anything whatsoever to do with the overall resource pressure change. We have repeatedly asked for developer notes to tell us why the change was made for over two months and they have said nothing other than it was intended and that they're re-evaluating it.

I think it's much more likely that it was originally unintended and when it was pointed out to them they thought "hmm... maybe this is better" and are now rethinking it. Or perhaps it was a thoughtless change to make the Warden Grizzly seem more "ultimate" since its damage mitigation is far superior to the sorcerer pets.

If it had been deliberate they would not have also killed the out-of-combat regen since that is nothing but an irritation that adds nothing to their overall regen pressure theme which is purely an in-combat thing. Also they would not have left the pet health bar hidden under layers of menus that default to being off if they wanted us to be aware of the need to use heals on pets.