Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Pet Health Regeneration is still bugged since PTS and yet to even be acknowledged

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    I am not trying to troll the thread but really? You either heal the pet or let it die and resummon it. Not that hard or much of a drain on resources considering all the dps you are able to get from pets and scorcs high magic pool.

That's just the thing... any Combat Pet user ALREADY had to do that. Pets aren't immune to damage like Summon Shade. Conjured Ward (and morphs) are in the skilline primarily because they apply to pets too. If you don't micromanage their health along with your own resources, they will die.

Outside combat they used to behave like players: resource regeneration (in their case, health) is boosted when not fighting. You only had to worry about your own personal resources before the next fight, like every other build in the game.

Now outside combat they won't regenerate any health, ever. You're forced to heal them yourself after every engagement, or losing them at any moment. That really means combat ends, regen resources, spend resources healing pets, regen resources AGAIN and then continue fighting. No other type of build has to do that. This kind of build didn't have to do it either.

It's just an added tedious layer of waiting and kills builds that previously existed, builds that already weren't optimal anyway: builds lacking heals for example. Builds with Twilight Tormentor have gone from poor to joke status. Clanferr goes from a low-DPS tank morph to a low-DPS magicka-guzzling morph as it can't tank without constant healing.

Now I'm not saying combat pets should return to full after every fight so you can just bumrush everything: but even a constant, low amount of regeneration (IE player in combat regen levels) is better than no regeneration at all.

You bring up some valid points, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices to use a certain build. For the cost of one skill you get dps over an extended period and it also takes aggro making it hard for players to target you. Think about how much damage it is able to do and take over that time and btw no other class is able to do that. Thats a huge benefit whether you have to heal it or not. Not to mention pets are only a small part of a scorcs dps so its not like you dont have dps options if the pet dies in combat.

Personally i dont think they should be able to be healed at all unless you choose the heal morph or the shield morph to protect them because they just provide too much benefit for the cost of one skill.

two or three skills, as it were.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    cheemers wrote: »
    There are multiple other ways to heal pets beyond them having their own health regen. They are counted like any other ally and can be healed with any skill that can heal another player. This is not the end of the world.

It's not about that you can't heal the pet. Of course you can and you always could before. The issue is that it forces you to a) either carry a resto staff instead of a 2nd destro or b) to use the matriarch so you have a heal. Both is not ideal and diminishes choices and diversity. For no reason whatsoever. That's the issue.

It's not even about the nerf... The nerf is stupid enough by itself... You just need to resummon the pet to have it fully healed back (which we dont have a button to resummon, you need to stop, take the skill off your bar and then put it back and summon...) The result is just STUPID

Was health regen out of combat what was giving pets the over power? NO

Then WHY IN HELL taking it out? To make us waste time between pulls? Really? That is just ***.

But as I say, the important thing is the *** *** way ZOS has managed to introduce this in game... Oeh, we forgot to say... oeh yes, its working as intended... *** me, we have been asking about this since the *** PTS!

As mentioned before, it feels like we are being treated as a bunch of ignorant idiots.

Period.
    Comrade, a word...
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coilbox wrote: »
    cheemers wrote: »
    There are multiple other ways to heal pets beyond them having their own health regen. They are counted like any other ally and can be healed with any skill that can heal another player. This is not the end of the world.

It's not about that you can't heal the pet. Of course you can and you always could before. The issue is that it forces you to a) either carry a resto staff instead of a 2nd destro or b) to use the matriarch so you have a heal. Both is not ideal and diminishes choices and diversity. For no reason whatsoever. That's the issue.

It's not even about the nerf... The nerf is stupid enough by itself... You just need to resummon the pet to have it fully healed back (which we dont have a button to resummon, you need to stop, take the skill off your bar and then put it back and summon...) The result is just STUPID

Was health regen out of combat what was giving pets the over power? NO

Then WHY IN HELL taking it out? To make us waste time between pulls? Really? That is just ***.

But as I say, the important thing is the *** *** way ZOS has managed to introduce this in game... Oeh, we forgot to say... oeh yes, its working as intended... *** me, we have been asking about this since the *** PTS!

As mentioned before, it feels like we are being treated as a bunch of ignorant idiots.

Period.

This x1000.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • thegamekittenub17_ESO
    Played a lot of characters with pets (damage pets) in many MMOs. This is the first where tank animals no longer tank since the recent patches. Now their health does not regen after combat. I do not want to press y for a tank pet to taunt every time. I know good solid pet characters and how good pet characters can work. If I have to heal a pet, make it worth the effort to keep said pet. I have played pet characters for ages literally. Funny you can not even unsummon any pet in EOS. A bear is a tank in every MMO I played with a pet character. If I have to heal they should be worth the effort and be able to keep 'some argo'. On a side note if I am doing crazy damage I do not expect it to continue to hold all argo. The pet has to have a benefit and not just for looks this is even before you slap you must heal your pet.

Edited to say the pet glitching and not being there during fights is frustrating. Appear and disappear missing fights or off somewhere totally unrelated to where your character has been as in the pictures posted in this thread should be looked into also.
    Edited by thegamekittenub17_ESO on June 5, 2017 11:25AM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Played a lot of characters with pets (damage pets) in many MMOs. This is the first where tank animals no longer tank since the recent patches. Now their health does not regen after combat. I do not want to press y for a tank pet to taunt every time. I know good solid pet characters and how good pet characters can work. If I have to heal a pet, make it worth the effort to keep said pet. I have played pet characters for ages literally. Funny you can not even unsummon any pet in EOS. A bear is a tank in every MMO I played with a pet character. If I have to heal they should be worth the effort and be able to keep 'some argo'. On a side note if I am doing crazy damage I do not expect it to continue to hold all argo. The pet has to have a benefit and not just for looks this is even before you slap you must heal your pet.

exactly , this is why i don't understand why some people purpose us to drop a destro staff for a healing staff , just for heal our pet who won't worth the lose of the second destro staff .
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Hey guys, apologies for the delay. We got some answers tracked down for you and this is, actually, intended behavior. There were some changes for pets that went in back on the PTS, and unfortunately the patch notes for the changes were missed. Here are the things we changed and what is currently live:
    • Removed passive healing from summoned pets.
    • Increased a pet's damage reduction to radius attacks to 85% from 75%. This bonus applies to all attacks in Trials.
    • Clannfear pets no longer taunt enemies in Trials.

Working as Intended

Naturally, I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I guess I'll make due.

Me too. Bear has been retired. Just not worth 2 Ultimate slots.
    Edited by Skjoldur on June 5, 2017 11:41AM
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the delay. We got some answers tracked down for you and this is, actually, intended behavior. There were some changes for pets that went in back on the PTS, and unfortunately the patch notes for the changes were missed.

Here are the things we changed and what is currently live:
    -Removed passive healing from summoned pets.
    -Increased a pet's damage reduction to radius attacks to 85% from 75%. This bonus applies to all attacks in Trials.
    -Clannfear pets no longer taunt enemies in Trials.

Has anyone gone looking for these details in any of the Patch Notes? I figured they'd be added to... some of them, any of them but my searches have turned up empty. If this is intended shouldn't they have been edited in after we got this response?

Thus far I can't find any reference to this outside this topic... on another note I found this in the Morrowind/Update 14 Patch Notes:
    Your summoned pets will now focus on attacking the target you heavy attack. Summon Shade, Summon Storm Atronach, and Maw of the Infernal Item Set have been added to this list of pets that obey your commands.

.... but I Heavy Attack constantly and my Maw of Infernal Daedroth and Morkuldin armor summons still run around like headless chickens. They still don't respond to manual (PC) pet targeting or the new heavy attack targeting.

shrug.jpg
    Edited by Transairion on June 5, 2017 1:46PM
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the delay. We got some answers tracked down for you and this is, actually, intended behavior. There were some changes for pets that went in back on the PTS, and unfortunately the patch notes for the changes were missed.

Here are the things we changed and what is currently live:
    -Removed passive healing from summoned pets.
    -Increased a pet's damage reduction to radius attacks to 85% from 75%. This bonus applies to all attacks in Trials.
    -Clannfear pets no longer taunt enemies in Trials.

Has anyone gone looking for these details in any of the Patch Notes? I figured they'd be added to... some of them, any of them but my searches have turned up empty. If this is intended shouldn't they have been edited in after we got this response?

Thus far I can't find any reference to this outside this topic...

You will never see it added to the patch notes. It was only stated here in the hopes of burying information as much as possible.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • PepterKleptic
    PepterKleptic
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling that overall code changes when introducing warden pets led to all the bugs with the combat pet behaviors. I mean they can't actually say that bugs with pets disappearing when you change elevation and constantly getting stuck in world geometry are WAI. Pretty sure what happened is they weren't able to fix these problems in time for release of Morrowind so they stayed in and didn't bother acknowledging it as a known issue. They still weren't tracked down and fixed for the next patch cycle so we are told the regen bug is WAI so we shut up about it (major backfire here methinx). I'm hopeful that there is still at least one dev that's still working this at least on his back burner so they can eventually tell us that due to overwhelming negative response they have reversed the change (and hopefully fixed some of the other pet bugs as well).

I want to work at a place where every time I leave a bug in my code and cant fix it I can just give up and say it's WAI.
  • Morrawind
    Morrawind
    ✭✭✭
    Out of combat healing for pets can be purchased at the crown store soon, or will become subscribers only.

/sarcasm off
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    I want to work at a place where every time I leave a bug in my code and cant fix it I can just give up and say it's WAI.

I wish ZOS would recruit and replace the current dev team #WROBELOUT
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, people are trying to defend this?

According to the "popular opinion" on my reddit discussion of this, apparently combat pets as a whole have been broken OP for a while and badly needed a nerf.

.... not just the Scamp, mind you. Both Twilight morphs, Clanferr too. Yes, Clanferr was "too strong".

I feel like I've entered some kind of Bizarrio alternate ESO or something. Late 2016 combat pets were still a laughing stock. Early 2017 and Volatile Familiar alone is meta. Mid 2017 and they're all supposedly too strong, even post Volatile Familiar nerf.

Something doesn't add up for me, only the Scamp got any kind of DPS change. The others only got survivability changes so 100% uptime of Wards wasn't required to keep them alive. That's a big big jump from "lol pets!?" to "OMFG nerf pets!!".

@ZOS_GinaBruno read this please.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, this is kind of minor. It also serves literally zero positive purpose other than introduce a new nuisance. Its only purpose is to make the game ever-so-slightly less fun.

So, pretty much perfect for Update 14.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed
    Will not use pets for several reasons now that the straw broke the camel's back.
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So, these patch notes you "missed" from the PC patch notes thread also don't appear on the patch notes thread recently posted for PS4, do am I correct in assuming you "missed" these patch notes too? Or have you reverted this ridiculous change due to the negative feedback?

Please can ZOS just admit that they broke something and don't know how to fix it / are too lazy to fix it.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, can you comment on whether it was intended for summoned pets to not regenerate health when out of combat? If so, can we please get some developer notes as to why? This is a real inconvenience and seems to serve no point for balancing that I can think of.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention pets are only a small part of a scorcs dps so its not like you dont have dps options if the pet dies in combat.

@Sanctum74

You gotta decide. Was the change needed because it's OP or was it not needed because it's only a small part of the DPS. Sometimes these discussions strike me as ridiculously hilarious. Nerfs for the nerfs sake.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the Warden bear ultimate regen health?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Warden bear ultimate regen health?

No it doesn't either. It's just a lot more sturdy than the squishy Sorc pets and so it hardly ever dies.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention pets are only a small part of a scorcs dps so its not like you dont have dps options if the pet dies in combat.

@Sanctum74

You gotta decide. Was the change needed because it's OP or was it not needed because it's only a small part of the DPS. Sometimes these discussions strike me as ridiculously hilarious. Nerfs for the nerfs sake.

I dont think the pets are op, but they do provide quite a few benefits for 1skill cast. You also have to consider what the main purpose of the morrowind patch is and thats for people to learn to better manage their resources. This change does exactly that. You have to use resources to maintain that buff and thats more than fair considering all of the benefits.

Other classes have been gutted much worse and i find it hilarious that scorcs are acting like the sky is falling over this tiny little change. The best arguement i have seen so far about this change is that its a minor inconvenience. Well then deal with it and move on. The sky is not falling and scorcs are still on top.

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Sanctum74

I dont think the pets are op, but they do provide quite a few benefits for 1skill cast. You also have to consider what the main purpose of the morrowind patch is and thats for people to learn to better manage their resources. This change does exactly that. You have to use resources to maintain that buff and thats more than fair considering all of the benefits.

Other classes have been gutted much worse and i find it hilarious that scorcs are acting like the sky is falling over this tiny little change. The best arguement i have seen so far about this change is that its a minor inconvenience. Well then deal with it and move on. The sky is not falling and scorcs are still on top.

Blinded by sorc hate, you are.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

@Sanctum74

Lol, nope just clearly written out and detailed facts as noted in my posts in this thread.

Again still waiting on a valid arguement to disprove these changes as going too far or being out of the norm from the changes introduced in morrowind which affect other classes much worse.

Anybody got anything.......

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sanctum74

If you could explain now what out of combat regen has to do with resource management at all...

As I said it just narrows down build choices even more. Without any benefit to resource management at all.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Sanctum74

Lol, nope just clearly written out and detailed facts as noted in my posts in this thread.

Again still waiting on a valid arguement to disprove these changes as going too far or being out of the norm from the changes introduced in morrowind which affect other classes much worse.

Waiting for dev notes... then we can talk.

Your detailed "facts" like "sorcs are acting like the sky is falling", "sorcs are still on top" etc. coupled with your assumptions that this is all about resource pressure is just biased and uninformed speculation... unless you're psychic of course and know the minds of the developers and can speak for them :)

It's much more likely that in order to get pets to persists through zoning and going in and out of instances, etc., which was a good change, they had to change the type of object that pets are to be like the occasional NPC companions (Titanborn for example) that do NOT regenerated health. The lack of in and specially, out of combat health regen could just be an artifact brought on by that other change for all you or I know.

Now please go away with your nonsense.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sanctum74

So, we should just accept what you call a "minor inconvenience" when it was added in a very stealthy way with no explanation? Like the other class changes or not, they came with developer comments and were geared towards adjusting power or resource management.

Having pets not generate health during combat I can understand, but no health generation outside of combat does nothing to address power or resource management. It just adds a ritual of issuing a heal after each combat. And, note that a beginning sorc player with only one weapon slot and not yet able to morph the pet likely has no option to heal the pet between fights.

I am not aware of any changes to other classes that introduced a requirement of maintenance between fights.

It would be a major change, but having pets be summoned and remain active only for a set period of time would probably make more sense to address your points. It should also allow sorcs to not have to dual or triple slot a pet. They could summon it and swap bars and it remain active for some duration. How long it should remain active would be a huge debate I am sure. But, with pets remaining as permanent summons and with no convenient way to un-summon them, the lack of heal regeneration out of combat is nothing but an inconvenience that serves no purpose towards balancing the game.

@ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, would you please at least provide us some developer feedback on this issue? If you are working to get that, please let us know that.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Sanctum74

Other classes have been gutted much worse and i find it hilarious that scorcs are acting like the sky is falling over this tiny little change. The best arguement i have seen so far about this change is that its a minor inconvenience. Well then deal with it and move on. The sky is not falling and sorcs are still on top.

PLEASE ! WHY THE HELL do everyone judge the power of a class on his dps ! These " little tiny change " are destroying the Sorc tank in trials , they was already under powered and now they are even worse ....
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭

@Sanctum74

The change to passive health recovery forces you to slot a heal when running solo which is totally against the ESO mantra of "Play how you want" and is the most ridiculous thing to happen in any MMO I've ever played.

But the change isn't my issue. My issue is how the hell this change went uncomminucated through all PTS, then missed the PC patch notes and STILL missed the PS4 patch notes, even after it had already been communicated by Gina.

The lack of communication and unconvincing response from ZOS (saying the bug is a feature that's "working as intended" despite no prior communication) completely destroys any confidence I had that ZOS has their *** together.

My main question is: What else have they 'forgotten' from the patch notes and how do they expect me to believe them when they tell me 'nothing'...
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the change should have been better communicated, but over all the change is very minor compared to the changes other classes have seen. You still have choices and if you feel they are too inconvenient then i dont know what else to say.

Every other class has to make choices with their builds and i am finding i have to make quite a few changes to my build with morrowind. I wish all i had to worry about was healing a pet out of combat. After every fight i purge and heal myself back up so its not unique to just scorcs and is a basic part of combat.

If they made it so it doesnt heal in combat then why would they make it so it heals out of combat? Doesnt make sense, it should be consistent and also helps simplify the code.

As far as trials go scorcs still put out the most dps and if your tanking with a scorc then your gimping the group by not using a dk. The buffs and debuffs a dk provides far outweighs any benefits a scorc tank with pets will provide. I understand the play how you want motto, but that only goes so far. There will always be limitations to certain builds and you cant always have it all.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the change should have been better communicated, but over all the change is very minor compared to the changes other classes have seen. You still have choices and if you feel they are too inconvenient then i dont know what else to say.

Every other class has to make choices with their builds and i am finding i have to make quite a few changes to my build with morrowind. I wish all i had to worry about was healing a pet out of combat. After every fight i purge and heal myself back up so its not unique to just scorcs and is a basic part of combat.

If they made it so it doesnt heal in combat then why would they make it so it heals out of combat? Doesnt make sense, it should be consistent and also helps simplify the code.

As far as trials go scorcs still put out the most dps and if your tanking with a scorc then your gimping the group by not using a dk. The buffs and debuffs a dk provides far outweighs any benefits a scorc tank with pets will provide. I understand the play how you want motto, but that only goes so far. There will always be limitations to certain builds and you cant always have it all.

Ok, I know of a really important issue that comes up.

Speed runs.

You're right, it doesn't change much in combat.

But you wanna wait after each encounter for, "ok... Let me unsummon and resummon real quick..." Or, "let me change my bars real quick?"

It's a direct nerf to the top end speed people
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭

Ok, I know of a really important issue that comes up.

Speed runs.

You're right, it doesn't change much in combat.

But you wanna wait after each encounter for, "ok... Let me unsummon and resummon real quick..." Or, "let me change my bars real quick?"

It's a direct nerf to the top end speed people

And Vma, where the time between rounds won't allow you to do this