Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

PTS Feedback Thread for Sorcerer Balance Improvements

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    gibous wrote: »
    Is it possible to make the aoe morph Crystal Blast use lightening elemental damage? It would make it much more useable in relation to sustain.

Wow, sometimes I just completely forget about that morph, that's how bad it is. It will be a strange day if and when they ever make crystal blast a viable alternative to fragments.

Please don't ask for that. Just don't.

They'll make shards viable by nerfing fragments. You know they will.

Want to fix something? Ask for Bound Aegis to get the 'mage light' toggle-removal treatment, so that it doesn't take space on both bars if you don't want to.

Or just fix all the toggle abilities, so you only need them on one bar to leave them toggled on.

Yeah one skill at a time though. Asking ZOS for a 'fix' is like making a wish with an evil genie. Expect to get what you 'want' in the absolute worst possible way.

Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    DPShiro wrote: »
    feyreisa12 wrote: »
    While I understand and appreciate that devs have listened to feedback on Velocious Curse, I'm disappointed that the Overload nerf appears to be going forward as planned. Cutting that Ulti by 50% is too extreme. Someone else suggested that if you had to decrease overload's ulti storage, drop it to 750. I would rather you leave it as is, but a 25% loss of DPS is better than a 50% loss.

Using overload is a DPS loss.

Except in vMA.

Where stam sorcs rule. (>.>)

But Overload is still great in vMA even though stam sorcs rule there !
    Edited by Izaki on January 18, 2017 12:32AM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overload needs to become a legit ult instead of a Palpatine wannabe tool. If we lose the 3rd bar, maybe we'll lose the toggles?!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload needs to become a legit ult instead of a Palpatine wannabe tool. If we lose the 3rd bar, maybe we'll lose the toggles?!

I'd love a decent ultimate over overload tbh
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the other morph of liquid lightning do?
    Options
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the other morph of liquid lightning do?

One is the bigger radius, the other is increased duration, I regret the radius one, its terrible with how fast it goes away.
    Edited by DragonBound on January 18, 2017 4:19AM
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Nerf I've just picked up on is the removal of speed increase on Destro heavy attacks. I guess the 8% damage makes up for it (still unsure of that's light and heavy only or destro skills or all skills on thst bar) however Elegance based builds reliant on them do take a kicking from a few directions this patch huh

And Stam boys still running riot proc-proc-procing
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Another Nerf I've just picked up on is the removal of speed increase on Destro heavy attacks. I guess the 8% damage makes up for it (still unsure of that's light and heavy only or destro skills or all skills on thst bar) however Elegance based builds reliant on them do take a kicking from a few directions this patch huh

I was waiting for people to figure out that sorcs ARENT getting a huge buff this patch. We just avoided a few nerfs, for which we are thankful of course considering what happened to nightblades.

Stamina got buffed more again this patch, just wait till you see what stamplars can do now. Even assuming they fix the new insta-kill bug..
    Options
  • tossop
    tossop
    ✭✭
    magsorc stays imbalance forever, high defense, high burst, one of best escape. With 3,5 sec burst and now with block from magicka, just stay on place hold block and wait for 3,5s burst, what stamina char can do against this?? nothing, only self heal and run away but mag sorc have best catchup mechanic >>streak, so no escape, just open map and look for nearest keep.
    Options
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love overload. I use it as intended. I am sad it is getting nerfed but if that makes other peeps happy I will cop it. Throwing balls of lighting from your hands is the best. Puppy and I will be being cool over here waving our arms about hard casting frags like a boss while you all gloat about your dps.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´ve advocated countless of times for reworking overload.

I´d love to see it changed into a low cost one time use ultimate providing some kind of debuff. The overload bar is too good while everything else about the ultimate is too bad.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure a
    tsopoci wrote: »
    magsorc stays imbalance forever, high defense, high burst, one of best escape. With 3,5 sec burst and now with block from magicka, just stay on place hold block and wait for 3,5s burst, what stamina char can do against this?? nothing, only self heal and run away but mag sorc have best catchup mechanic >>streak, so no escape, just open map and look for nearest keep.

You make it sound so much worse than reality.. The reality is that blocking and dmg shields don't synergise very well at all since a block won't reduce the dmg done to a shield - so unless built for blocking (ie lots of cost reduction) - mag will drain very quickly.. If you are built for blocking, well then you're looking more at dmg mitigation with hvy armour to give resources and not going to be shielding as much.. I see frost-staff blocking as a tank build choice rather than as something every dd would run - especially as the alternative is an 8% dmg buff.

Streak is overrated as an escape tool in my opinion. As an escape, it is shorter range than the gap-closers and any ranged attacks - and it freezes you in place for a split-second after streaking.. you can only get around that with an immediate dodge-roll - but its rare a magsorc has the stam for dodge-rolling.. Then there's the cost increase.. to have enough magicka regen to do a lot of streaking - you're reducing your burst damage significantly. You can sprint with major expedition faster than a magsorc can streak after you - and probably for longer.

I found my stam-sorc was MUCH more mobile than my magsorc - simply from hurricane and bow roll-dodge (major + minor expedition) and stamina to sprint with.

What can a stam char do? idk.. I guess as always, DK's can still tank/reflect the burst pretty easily then go on the offensive and mess you up with wrecking blow after draining your stam with talons.. stamblades can still 1-shot you from stealth with the average magsorc's 20k health light armour, little impen... stamsorcs have more mobility as mentioned.. everyone has tremorscale to keep you almost rooted.. don't really know much about stamplars tbh..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    DPShiro wrote: »
    feyreisa12 wrote: »
    While I understand and appreciate that devs have listened to feedback on Velocious Curse, I'm disappointed that the Overload nerf appears to be going forward as planned. Cutting that Ulti by 50% is too extreme. Someone else suggested that if you had to decrease overload's ulti storage, drop it to 750. I would rather you leave it as is, but a 25% loss of DPS is better than a 50% loss.

Using overload is a DPS loss.

Except in vMA.

Where stam sorcs rule. (>.>)

But Overload is still great in vMA even though stam sorcs rule there !

Oh yes, absolutely.
    But it p***es me off when ZOS "balance" around Maelstrom. They already nerfed Surge because of that.
    That magicka I get from Energy Overload is so handy when I'm with randoms and gotta heal and tank myself, as a damage dealer.
    What's the point of nerfing it for Maelstrom? Aren't pulling stamsorcs the highest numbers, without it? Is it easy mode? Because cloak can also cheese parts.
    No matter how I look at it, it makes me wanna play Maelstrom even less, it makes me wanna play with random groups even less. This change simply doesn't improve the gameplay. It's bad.
    Options
  • tossop
    tossop
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I'm not sure a
    You make it sound so much worse than reality.. The reality is that blocking and dmg shields don't synergise very well at all since a block won't reduce the dmg done to a shield - so unless built for blocking (ie lots of cost reduction) - mag will drain very quickly.. If you are built for blocking, well then you're looking more at dmg mitigation with hvy armour to give resources and not going to be shielding as much.. I see frost-staff blocking as a tank build choice rather than as something every dd would run - especially as the alternative is an 8% dmg buff.

Streak is overrated as an escape tool in my opinion. As an escape, it is shorter range than the gap-closers and any ranged attacks - and it freezes you in place for a split-second after streaking.. you can only get around that with an immediate dodge-roll - but its rare a magsorc has the stam for dodge-rolling.. Then there's the cost increase.. to have enough magicka regen to do a lot of streaking - you're reducing your burst damage significantly. You can sprint with major expedition faster than a magsorc can streak after you - and probably for longer.

I found my stam-sorc was MUCH more mobile than my magsorc - simply from hurricane and bow roll-dodge (major + minor expedition) and stamina to sprint with.

What can a stam char do? idk.. I guess as always, DK's can still tank/reflect the burst pretty easily then go on the offensive and mess you up with wrecking blow after draining your stam with talons.. stamblades can still 1-shot you from stealth with the average magsorc's 20k health light armour, little impen... stamsorcs have more mobility as mentioned.. everyone has tremorscale to keep you almost rooted.. don't really know much about stamplars tbh..

What stamina class can do versus combo like curse --> la+wrath-->la+shock -->la+reach -->rune prison(if knocked by reach skip this step)-->frag --> downbreaker = death or near death??? only defense is 2-3 dodge roll per 4s, but its very costly and require medium armor and at least 2k stamina regen. Magicka get +8% or block next patch and stamina get nerf to procsets and shuffle.... stamina classes need some buffs.... reflect doesn't help versus combos like that because dk wings are down before frag + curse hit and down breaker is unblockable, also 1h+shiel reflect is down. rune prison disables blocking target so blocking doesn't help, only dodge spam, but you cant deal damage while spamming dodge or not enough to kill sorc with full impen light/heavy armor + ward .
    Edited by tossop on January 18, 2017 2:07PM
    Options
  • tossop
    tossop
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure a

wrecking blow is easy blockable, if slowed by tremor just streak away or block heavy damage attacks, not hard to counter. For 3 sec you can use block without frost staf, after 3,5 sec opponent is near death or death because of that burst. If dk going full turtle they must invest heavy to block reduction or stam recovery so they don't have enough damage to go through ward + 20k health, even if they are full turtle still got curse + frag + storm+ downbreaker combo.
    Edited by tossop on January 18, 2017 2:07PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not good, because you will loose 1 ability slot, even if pets etc, wouldn't be toggles anymore and that's huge.
    Overload must stay to keep these builds viable. No matter if they stay as they are or become non toggles.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I´d love to see it changed into a low cost one time use ultimate providing some kind of debuff. The overload bar is too good while everything else about the ultimate is too bad.

I would love to see some kind of lightning strike that hits for roughly the same damage as it does now.
    One morph applies major vulnerability (30% more damage taken) to 1 target for a few seconds
    The other morph turns it into an aoe.

And its cost should be around 70 with power stone taken into account.
    Edited by Dracane on January 18, 2017 2:35PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Not good, because you will loose 1 ability slot, even if pets etc, wouldn't be toggles anymore and that's huge.
    Overload must stay to keep these builds viable. No matter if they stay as they are or become non toggles.

I would love to see some kind of lightning strike that hits for roughly the same damage as it does now.
    One morph applies major vulnerability (30% more damage taken) to 1 target for a few seconds

So you agree with me or you don't? xD

I was thinking something along the lines of what that one guy does in vMA.

Stage 6, Round 3. The mini-boss stam sorc dude who has a Negate. He does a pretty cool looking lightning strikes attack. If ZOS could rework that into a single target ultimate, it would be really cool. Like basically, a direct damage ultimate with several hits, so it benefits from both Thaumaturge and Elemental Expert.

Yeah i know I'm asking for too much, but whatever
    Edited by Izaki on January 18, 2017 3:02PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dissapointed to find out that hunting second proc is 8.5 secs after first one and not initial cast.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just make Bound Armor a passive already, requiring you to slot a summoning skill.
    I would really love to get rid of Overload, it is just so clunky. Instead make it time-based. 100 ult, 4 seconds massive cone damage channel. Like Palpatine and Destiny's Stormcaller. It would also provide dps for DW builds in PvP.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina got buffed more again this patch, just wait till you see what stamplars can do now. Even assuming they fix the new insta-kill bug..

I assume this is PvP you are talking about? Because stamina took some serious across the board nerfs in PvE. Stamina is much more crit-based than magicka. Now monster sets do not crit, Minor Force crit buff reduced from 12% to 10%, Major Force crit buff reduced from 30% multiplicative to 15% additive. And with their class passive to buff crit damage, Stamplars get more of their DPS from crit than any build besides stamina Nightblade. All those across the board stamina and crit nerfs impact Stamplar and Stamplar got no class-based DPS buffs. So Stamplar was subpar DPS before this and is likely to be worse in Update 13. And while Backlash is broken in PvP right now, it seems largely unchanged in group PvE (where hitting the cap was never a problem). The idea was to "Lower the Ceiling and Raise the Floor". But many of these changes in PvE feel like, "Lower the Ceiling and Lower the Floor."
    Options
  • tossop
    tossop
    ✭✭
    In pvp perspective , magsorc gets buffs, stam classes gets nerfs, magsorc have advantage even on live now, and after patch they would be even better. ZOS Balance. Revert back haunting curse, magsorc don't need that high burst, they gets +8%, that's enough. Still they have escape, execute, speed, defense.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In pvp perspective , magsorc gets buffs, stam classes gets nerfs, magsorc have advantage even on live now, and after patch they would be even better. ZOS Balance. Revert back haunting curse, magsorc don't need that high burst, they gets +8%, that's enough. Still they have escape, execute, speed, defense.

Lol.
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pets with a 30 second duration would be much, much more appealing than their current form.

I was waiting for people to figure out that sorcs ARENT getting a huge buff this patch. We just avoided a few nerfs, for which we are thankful of course considering what happened to nightblades.

What?

25% boost to atro. Massive increase on summon survivability.

Daedric Prey now affects Eye of the Scamp.

You're kidding right?
    Edited by usmcjdking on January 18, 2017 6:27PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stage 6, Round 3. The mini-boss stam sorc dude who has a Negate. He does a pretty cool looking lightning strikes attack. If ZOS could rework that into a single target ultimate, it would be really cool. Like basically, a direct damage ultimate with several hits, so it benefits from both Thaumaturge and Elemental Expert.

:D Hm
    Of course I also played through it sometimes and asked myself, what I want Overload to look like IF they changed and it would have some benefits. But not sure if these benefits are worth loosing 1 skill slot.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally don't agree with he battering overload getting on last few posts. Having it like all the other ultis would be dull as dish water. It's great how it is if you know how to use it.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure a

I do not get the big deal, hurricane was nerfed somewhat and that's it, clearly it was overperforming we all knew this, the stamsorc is far from dead, could it be improved? Yea sure, maybe some more utility would be nice but still fun as hek.

Stamplars on the other hand have real issues, although that might have changed somewhat with the recent notes.
    Edited by DragonBound on January 19, 2017 12:03AM
    Options
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overload is a subtle classic can't really say I'd push for drastic changes, though the heavy attack could be made more practical.

:D Hm
    Of course I also played through it sometimes and asked myself, what I want Overload to look like IF they changed and it would have some benefits. But not sure if these benefits are worth loosing 1 skill slot.
    & keep 3rd slot.
    Edited by Pinja on January 19, 2017 1:45AM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Pets with a 30 second duration would be much, much more appealing than their current form.

What?

You're kidding right?

Atro I'll give you, that's useful in a small scale fight, because you can hide behind it.

But the rest? Lol pets.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

What?

You're kidding right?

Atro I'll give you, that's useful in a small scale fight, because you can hide behind it.

But the rest? Lol pets.

The curse buff is just free dmg.

8% extra dmg via destro buff

Double pet armor
    Double healing from the pet (near 20k in pvp for me)
    More ticks on scamp special.

Most mag sorc don't use dmg proc sets, the only one is infernal, so they won't be too effected by that compare to others.

Stam got a nerf overall via shuffle. Hopefully it'll stop the 600 regen bruisers running around. It'll effect all stam builds apart from stam sorc because of how balanced dark deal is.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options