The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Sorcerer Balance Improvements

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Lets give our Atronach the warden bear ultimate treatment.

ty @Dracane ,will you still use the mobile morph?
    Yea it's so stupid, it can move,remains until it dies and you can heal it and buff it however you want...while sorc's pets....
    I guess they buff pets only because they felt guilty, it doesn't really matter that they have a little more survivability because if a player ignores their damage with perma snares, roots and long stuns their only use is LoS and magicka buff(talking about volitile familiar).

I actually found negate again :) Supression field deals better damage than I thought. So I think I might use this in many situation, since each idiot is going to run magicka next patch.

Eye of lightning is unreliable even now.

Yes negate will be awesome next patch, meteor also (8% damage buff).
    15% damage reduction is a big nerf for solo players though it can still be strong with prox det in the overload bar,lightning stave in the back bar and maybe even grothdarr, anyway this nerf won't hurt organized groups because they can still stack few ults together.
    What kind of staff will you run in your back bar?

It takes some effort, but eye of the storm can still be 1% stronger as it is on live now.
    8% while holding a lightning staff, 8% from the new minor vulnerability from concussed effects. Opposed to a 15% nerf.
    So it can still be a bit stronger than it is right now, it just needs some rng and the right weapon choice.

My main weapon is a fire staff and my secondary weapon is a lightning staff, where my elemental storm is located.
    Since I spend some time on my lightning bar to chase my victims with streak (which is on my lightning bar) I will profit from this in the right moments.
    This doesn't change the fact, that you will never be able to nerf elemental storm without destroying it.

It's never been too strong when used by a single person and this nerf hurts these (me for example) but it is still manageable due to the incoming buffs mentioned above. But zergs won't notice a difference, it will still get stacked and the crying on the forums will never end. Then they will go ahead and give another 10% nerf, this destroys it for solo players but still keeps it impactful enough for zergers, so they will nerf it further.

Make it unstackable, end this madness.

Never been too strong when used by a single person? You are kidding right? Have you seen emp use it they just melt everyone in there way it's actually ridiculous how powerful it is, especially on magblades who use sap essence with it and use pots (for ult gen) and the ult you get back per kill it's insane.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »

Yea it's so stupid, it can move,remains until it dies and you can heal it and buff it however you want...while sorc's pets....
    I guess they buff pets only because they felt guilty, it doesn't really matter that they have a little more survivability because if a player ignores their damage with perma snares, roots and long stuns their only use is LoS and magicka buff(talking about volitile familiar).

I actually found negate again :) Supression field deals better damage than I thought. So I think I might use this in many situation, since each idiot is going to run magicka next patch.

Also, negate is a dark magic so... hello blood magic every second.
    Really?
    It was my impression that only ACTIVATING a Dark Magic skill triggers Blood Magic.
    So, Frags, yes, Dark Exchange, yes. Mines if stepped into, and Negate only on first hit.
    Have not tested, though.

Hitting an enemy triggers it, so dark deal won't trigger it.
    It also has an internal cooldown of at least 1 second or so.

I never noticed negate procing blood magic, but I never payed attention to it. Because blood magic is very weak and not worth mentioning, in pvp anyway.

Ah, yes, cooldown. That's probably it.
    Wouldn't discard it, though. If you're running Entropy, every passive healing helps. Sure, there's better passives *cough*Nightblades*cough*, but at least it's no Rebate!
    x'D
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

15% damage reduction is a big nerf for solo players though it can still be strong with prox det in the overload bar,lightning stave in the back bar and maybe even grothdarr, anyway this nerf won't hurt organized groups because they can still stack few ults together.

It takes some effort, but eye of the storm can still be 1% stronger as it is on live now.
    8% while holding a lightning staff, 8% from the new minor vulnerability from concussed effects. Opposed to a 15% nerf.
    So it can still be a bit stronger than it is right now, it just needs some rng and the right weapon choice.

My main weapon is a fire staff and my secondary weapon is a lightning staff, where my elemental storm is located.
    Since I spend some time on my lightning bar to chase my victims with streak (which is on my lightning bar) I will profit from this in the right moments.
    This doesn't change the fact, that you will never be able to nerf elemental storm without destroying it.

It's never been too strong when used by a single person and this nerf hurts these (me for example) but it is still manageable due to the incoming buffs mentioned above. But zergs won't notice a difference, it will still get stacked and the crying on the forums will never end. Then they will go ahead and give another 10% nerf, this destroys it for solo players but still keeps it impactful enough for zergers, so they will nerf it further.

Never been too strong when used by a single person? You are kidding right? Have you seen emp use it they just melt everyone in there way it's actually ridiculous how powerful it is, especially on magblades who use sap essence with it and use pots (for ult gen) and the ult you get back per kill it's insane.

YOU must be the one who is kidding right now. You use an emp to compare the strenght of abilities ? Just stop :D you are insane. Not going to reply to such non sense.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

YOU must be the one who is kidding right now. You use an emp to compare the strenght of abilities ? Just stop :D you are insane. Not going to reply to such non sense.

You just did so don't contradict yourself, I used emp as an example because they can literally run through a crowd of people wipe them all out and regain enough ult to cast it again, it's ridiculous.

It's always been strong, and far to powerful the fact you argue that really makes me question your judgement
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

0.5 seconds but I think it only happens on cast.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Really?
    It was my impression that only ACTIVATING a Dark Magic skill triggers Blood Magic.
    So, Frags, yes, Dark Exchange, yes. Mines if stepped into, and Negate only on first hit.
    Have not tested, though.

Hitting an enemy triggers it, so dark deal won't trigger it.
    It also has an internal cooldown of at least 1 second or so.

I never noticed negate procing blood magic, but I never payed attention to it. Because blood magic is very weak and not worth mentioning, in pvp anyway.

Actually a 4% heal (if its affected by Battle Spirit which I suppose it is) every 0.5 seconds is pretty sweet. Considering most sorcs have around 21k health, it is a 840 heal every 0.5 seconds, which is FAR from being bad.

But I think it only procs on the initial hit. It would make sense.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tested negate and blood magic

16465929_1110527582402991_1921768476_o.png?oh=42e087c1ca1911a3b103733f7d762376&oe=58969F8C
    It hitted 48 times

16522452_1110527512402998_1944757505_o.png?oh=df7d9b09442085a3fc66e44b84263aa6&oe=5896ABD3
    And procced blood magic 2 times (for whatever reason) so yea, it only procs it once when it is cast. Very lame and just another prove, how worthless and limited many Sorc passives are.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc pet buff was necessary for sorc healers. As it very difficult to level as a healer. I do think it could be taken a step further and had an exception to limit on buffs. If spc only does 6 people make it 6+ pets. There is a another imporant issue though,

Radiant Aura

Activate to share your blessings with nearby allies, granting them Major Fortitude and Major Endurance, increasing their Health and Stamina Regeneration by 20% for 12 seconds.Activating this ability also now applies Minor Magickalsteal to all enemies in a 12 meter radius around you

Emproved ward
    Conjure globes of Daedric energy for protection, granting a damage shield for you and your pets that absrobs [x] damage for 6 seconds.Also grants Minor Intellect to you and nearby allies, increasing your Magicka Recovery by 10% for 10 seconds.

You took the only thing sorcerer healers had on templars

As such I would like to suggest while slotted empowerd gives 10% recovery. Either that... or could you think of something more this group buff does for allies. It's kinda lackluster as it stands.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

16465929_1110527582402991_1921768476_o.png?oh=42e087c1ca1911a3b103733f7d762376&oe=58969F8C
    It hitted 48 times

16522452_1110527512402998_1944757505_o.png?oh=df7d9b09442085a3fc66e44b84263aa6&oe=5896ABD3
    And procced blood magic 2 times (for whatever reason) so yea, it only procs it once when it is cast. Very lame and just another prove, how worthless and limited many Sorc passives are.

Very odd. I tried it about a month ago and it would not proc it. I wanted to tie blood magic and negate into my stamsorc.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »

It hitted 48 times

Very odd. I tried it about a month ago and it would not proc it. I wanted to tie blood magic and negate into my stamsorc.

and i had very different results about 2-3 months ago when i tested it... multiple procs in a short fight where negate was my only dark magic damager.

But yesterday not the way it works.

Will try negate roulette after Homestead to see how it works then.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TO me im this patch nothing changed for sorc,

1- Curse: no body will wait till 8.5 that explodes second times.. every body will cast it again after 3.5 secs. so change is nthing like there isnt...

2- Force pulce : it is for all destr users not to SORC only

3- Atro ulti: no body is going t use it or take advantage of it... so again no change

4- Destro %8 buff.. AGAIN its for all magicka users not to SORC only

5- Pets %90 of Sorc users hate them... so anybody wants can have them...

6- overload took a half nerf of it..IT is SAD....

SO as a result...SORC IS ALL SAME...nothing changed for sorc in this patch... AND it is sad to me..
    there were alots of awesome feedbacks to make sorc more anjoyable...BUT again they didnt listen...

- Sorc and other magicka builds Suffer from SUSTAIN...(watch Alcast videos he cant make dps tests without take help from other player)
    - Sorc Shields need to be 10 or 12 secs atleast
    - cyrestal frags : need to be little faster.. lama can split faster than it...more than half of time people dodge from it
    - Sorc need his own spamable DPS skill like : ( NB- strife / Templar-Jabs / DK:Whips / we have only destro staff force pulce (maybe for this : mages wraths can take a little buff (not to when it is come to finisher)

Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE