The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Feedback Thread for Sorcerer Balance Improvements

• saten
    saten
    ✭✭✭
    Istill worth rolling a stamsorc?
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saten wrote: »
    Istill worth rolling a stamsorc?

yes.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Totally don't agree with he battering overload getting on last few posts. Having it like all the other ultis would be dull as dish water. It's great how it is if you know how to use it.

Exactly.

Only a fool would like to get rid of Overload. It gives both mag and stam sorcs exact the kind of flexibility one-trick-pony- players are unable the understand, use or appreciate. Most possibly they even don´t know that can can place completely diferent skills on the third bar, e.g. for buffing, or for bursting, or for mining... hell, some stamsorcs are pure melee players who place the crossbow + warrior guild skills on their overload bar, surprisingly bursting everything down from a distance when people don´t expect it.
    Edited by Thraben on January 19, 2017 1:33PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Pets with a 30 second duration would be much, much more appealing than their current form.
    Another Nerf I've just picked up on is the removal of speed increase on Destro heavy attacks. I guess the 8% damage makes up for it (still unsure of that's light and heavy only or destro skills or all skills on thst bar) however Elegance based builds reliant on them do take a kicking from a few directions this patch huh

And Stam boys still running riot proc-proc-procing

I was waiting for people to figure out that sorcs ARENT getting a huge buff this patch. We just avoided a few nerfs, for which we are thankful of course considering what happened to nightblades.

Stamina got buffed more again this patch, just wait till you see what stamplars can do now. Even assuming they fix the new insta-kill bug..

What?

25% boost to atro. Massive increase on summon survivability.

Daedric Prey now affects Eye of the Scamp.

You're kidding right?

Atro I'll give you, that's useful in a small scale fight, because you can hide behind it.

But the rest? Lol pets.

The curse buff is just free dmg.

8% extra dmg via destro buff

Double pet armor
    Double healing from the pet (near 20k in pvp for me)
    More ticks on scamp special.

Most mag sorc don't use dmg proc sets, the only one is infernal, so they won't be too effected by that compare to others.

Stam got a nerf overall via shuffle. Hopefully it'll stop the 600 regen bruisers running around. It'll effect all stam builds apart from stam sorc because of how balanced dark deal is.

The destro buff is for all magicka classes, but I'm sure the magicka nightblades will explain that to you in detail next patch. That is, if you ever step into Cyrodiil. Magicka templars with ice staves are going to be the bane of everyone's existence.

Curse is a PVE buff. I'm happy they didn't nerf PVP, but serious. 12 seconds?

And lol pets again... seriously. Everyone hates those things so bad. Every patch note for sorc since TG has been 90% pets and I swear I want to erase those skills and tell the ZOS guy doing it to stop already.

But of course, PTS3 and update 14 will be more pet buffs and nerfs.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pets with a 30 second duration would be much, much more appealing than their current form.
    Another Nerf I've just picked up on is the removal of speed increase on Destro heavy attacks. I guess the 8% damage makes up for it (still unsure of that's light and heavy only or destro skills or all skills on thst bar) however Elegance based builds reliant on them do take a kicking from a few directions this patch huh

I was waiting for people to figure out that sorcs ARENT getting a huge buff this patch. We just avoided a few nerfs, for which we are thankful of course considering what happened to nightblades.

Stamina got buffed more again this patch, just wait till you see what stamplars can do now. Even assuming they fix the new insta-kill bug..

What?

You're kidding right?

Atro I'll give you, that's useful in a small scale fight, because you can hide behind it.

But the rest? Lol pets.

Double pet armor

Most mag sorc don't use dmg proc sets, the only one is infernal, so they won't be too effected by that compare to others.

Stam got a nerf overall via shuffle. Hopefully it'll stop the 600 regen bruisers running around. It'll effect all stam builds apart from stam sorc because of how balanced dark deal is.

The destro buff is for all magicka classes, but I'm sure the magicka nightblades will explain that to you in detail next patch. That is, if you ever step into Cyrodiil. Magicka templars with ice staves are going to be the bane of everyone's existence.

And lol pets again... seriously. Everyone hates those things so bad. Every patch note for sorc since TG has been 90% pets and I swear I want to erase those skills and tell the ZOS guy doing it to stop already.

Just not true. pets are extremely common across a wide variety of content. I cannot think of the last time i did not see one and often many more than one pet sorcs running around.

obviously some folks dont like them and that may skew their perceptions a tad. i run stamsorcs, magsrocs (with pets0 and magsorcs (without pets) when i am not running templars and blades... and all three flavors of sorc seem viable.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Totally don't agree with he battering overload getting on last few posts. Having it like all the other ultis would be dull as dish water. It's great how it is if you know how to use it.

Exactly.

Only a fool would like to get rid of Overload. It gives both mag and stam sorcs exact the kind of flexibility one-trick-pony- players are unable the understand, use or appreciate. Most possibly they even don´t know that can can place completely diferent skills on the third bar, e.g. for buffing, or for bursting, or for mining... hell, some stamsorcs are pure melee players who place the crossbow + warrior guild skills on their overload bar, surprisingly bursting everything down from a distance when people don´t expect it.

I just level a stam sorc looking forward to that overload bar I hope they don't change it. The only problem I have with sorcs is emplosion, I don't feel good when it procs and finishes my target for me. Nor do I like getting killed by a 10k + emplosion while in pvp. It's comparable to vipers its free damage and shouldn't exist. The only damage to that magnitude should be applied thru player intervention not passively given.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff to familiars long overdue (even though most don't use them.)

Rename them familiars or summons. Pets are gerbils, kittens, & pot-bellied pigs.

Any plans on bringing a magicka based heal akin to Vigor that does not require specific weapon type?
    (Surge is flat rate, Exchange is flat rate, and Cleanse costs double and requires a negative effect to flat rate.)

Vigor = aoe heal that scales of both primary stats for stam character. I'm sure many would love to lose the restro.

Would like to see magicka based comparable sets of Viper, Red Mountain, and Velidreth, if proc sets are going to remain a main source of damage, as well.

Would also be nice (all classes) to be able to have two different CP setups, one for PvE, one for PvP (Enabled with Battle Spirit) without having to respec each time...
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on January 19, 2017 4:30PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 where do you get double the heal?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 where do you get double the heal?

I think he may have ment double health for the pets, well the twilights health got buffed anyway
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos, friendly reminder that not all your players pvp.
    Overload needs to become a legit ult instead of a Palpatine wannabe tool. If we lose the 3rd bar, maybe we'll lose the toggles?!

you know that some sorcs like the third bar option right? if you want a dps ult, then go use rend/eots. leave the bar as it is as
    Edited by Dev on January 19, 2017 5:14PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I would look forward to on my sorcerer moving past Update 13
    • The Lightning Flood morph is not competitive because the extra radius is most of the time irrelevant and its shorter uptime is difficult to manage; this results in a DPS loss in fights that do matter.
    • I don't like that in all ESO, the major sorcery and major brutality buffs are separated by morphs. We cant even try to make a hybrid build with such a system. Please consolidate these buffs on the Surge skill (and other similar skills in ESO) and then make the choice between the Power and Critical morphs interesting. The current design is totally unimaginative because we are forced to take a certain morph.
    • I will admit something had to be done to prevent sorcerers from endless streaking away. I still hate the whiplash effect and sudden stop of the character after Streak is completed, please make this a smoother transition. Also, the Bolt Escape morph in my opinion does not provide enough of the way in defense to make up for the loss in damage.
    • Light attack Overload either has been too strong or not worth using. The heavy attack version has always been far too weak.
    • Crystal Blast is not competitive with Crystal Fragments. A mediocre AoE is not worth the opportunity for a more efficient and powerful instant cast
    • Negate is too strong. Other classes' expensive morph just inconvenience opponents while doing damage to them Negate completely shuts down opponents, while doing damage, and removes ultimates, and is cheaper than other class's big ultimates.
    • Dark Exchange's current mechanics are too strong. Sorcerers are faster than other classes, which obviates the most suggest counter, bash. Stamina Sorcerers are very strong currently because they can draw on a utility pool to give them very high resource sustain on the attribute they do care about and healing them in the process.
    • The Daedric Tomb morph was an interesting idea, but I think most players have drawn the conclusion that I have: three mines are not enough to make it an appealing choice.
    • Pets: why is there no option for a timed summon, rather than as a permanent companion that take up two ability slots.
    • Storm Atronach needs to move.: Whatever thought process was involved in the original decision to make them immobile has been amply debunked after nearly three years. I still think this is underwhelming for a 200 cost ultimate, I would combine the two morphs.
    • Bound Armaments is a strong skill, but it is a terribly boring one as well.

We have played with the shield changes for a long time now. I think the result is not satisfying to anybody. As a sorcerer, I find the 6 second duration too hampering. As a non-sorcerer, I find the ability to stack shields too strong. Harness and Hardened should not be stackable, the duration should be longer, and the Conjured Ward skill give the sorcerer some long-term defensive buff to compensate sorcerers for losing the shield stack. And the Shieldbreaker set should be removed from the game. I would find this reform more interesting and enjoyable as a sorcerer and a non sorcerer than the current system in place.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I would look forward to on my sorcerer moving past Update 13:
    1. TOGGLES-PERSISTANCE REPLACED WITH OVERTIME: Change the Persistence passive to give toggles a brief "overtime" of say 3s/6s where if you swap off the toggle bar the toggle can continue for that overtime without cancel. if you swap back before overtime expires, the toggle continues. This would allow a "risky" setup where your pets and such are only on the attack bar but you can swap-rebuff quickly and come back without losing the pets and armor - but if you get stunned or delayed you can lose them and have to recast. Could maybe replace rebate instead?
    2. TOGGLES: leave pets as toggles. if you dont do Overtime, Bound armor and morphs could be not toggles but buffs for maybe 30s. mageguikld inner light needs to be buff with 30s on the crit bonus and the current 5s-ish on the spotlight anti-stealth stuff.
    3. SHIELDS: i am ok with them as they are now.
    4. PETS: Hoping for minor group buff added to them - different for each morph - on top of the U13 changes but might be fine with them as U13.
    5. COLD DISCOMFORT: Enable "ice mages" with cold vs shock morph changes for Overload, liq lightning, Endless fury, Bound Armor/Aegis and maybe the atronarch as well. Replace crystal blast with icy blast which works like Cfrag but instead of the empower option it applies maim or snare after the hit. Passives should include cold where they include shock/physical.
    6. DAEDRIC PREY: give it the 12s double tap and duration you gave to VelociCurse as well as make it a pet magnet.
    7. DAEDRIC TOMB: Cut down to ONE mine but drastically lower the cost creating a "spammable" quick pop--n-heal (via drak magic) and giving miners a solid tough choice between the spammable and the five mine denial.
    8. EXPLOITATION: Should be like dark magic triggered by not activation but damaging or affecting enemies - specificallt taking dark deal/conversion off the group buff 20s trigger free.
    Edited by STEVIL on January 19, 2017 7:42PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We have played with the shield changes for a long time now. I think the result is not satisfying to anybody. As a sorcerer, I find the 6 second duration too hampering. As a non-sorcerer, I find the ability to stack shields too strong. Harness and Hardened should not be stackable, the duration should be longer, and the Conjured Ward skill give the sorcerer some long-term defensive buff to compensate sorcerers for losing the shield stack. And the Shieldbreaker set should be removed from the game. I would find this reform more interesting and enjoyable as a sorcerer and a non sorcerer than the current system in place.

While i am not that concerned with the current status of shields, one idea i have mulled over is the
    following two part "solution" to shield stack vs durations:
    Shields wont stack - when any shield is activated it will either replace the current shield
    (if new shield is stronger) or fail with no cost beyond the loss of the click.
    Some shields (maybe all) will get a "double tap" feature or morph where at the end of their 6s "duration"
    they refresh back to full even if knocked down. (so a 10k hardened wards would take up to 10k in the first 6sm maybe get taken down in the process but at 6s refresh to a new total 10k for another 10s)

Turns shields into a better resource but lower wall.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • The Lightning Flood morph is not competitive because the extra radius is most of the time irrelevant and its shorter uptime is difficult to manage; this results in a DPS loss in fights that do matter.
    • I don't like that in all ESO, the major sorcery and major brutality buffs are separated by morphs. We cant even try to make a hybrid build with such a system. Please consolidate these buffs on the Surge skill (and other similar skills in ESO) and then make the choice between the Power and Critical morphs interesting. The current design is totally unimaginative because we are forced to take a certain morph.
    • I will admit something had to be done to prevent sorcerers from endless streaking away. I still hate the whiplash effect and sudden stop of the character after Streak is completed, please make this a smoother transition. Also, the Bolt Escape morph in my opinion does not provide enough of the way in defense to make up for the loss in damage.
    • Light attack Overload either has been too strong or not worth using. The heavy attack version has always been far too weak.
    • Crystal Blast is not competitive with Crystal Fragments. A mediocre AoE is not worth the opportunity for a more efficient and powerful instant cast
    • Negate is too strong. Other classes' expensive morph just inconvenience opponents while doing damage to them Negate completely shuts down opponents, while doing damage, and removes ultimates, and is cheaper than other class's big ultimates.
    • Dark Exchange's current mechanics are too strong. Sorcerers are faster than other classes, which obviates the most suggest counter, bash. Stamina Sorcerers are very strong currently because they can draw on a utility pool to give them very high resource sustain on the attribute they do care about and healing them in the process.
    • The Daedric Tomb morph was an interesting idea, but I think most players have drawn the conclusion that I have: three mines are not enough to make it an appealing choice.
    • Pets: why is there no option for a timed summon, rather than as a permanent companion that take up two ability slots.
    • Storm Atronach needs to move.: Whatever thought process was involved in the original decision to make them immobile has been amply debunked after nearly three years. I still think this is underwhelming for a 200 cost ultimate, I would combine the two morphs.

Theres no easy fix to shields.

There's already a smaller ten second shield morph that absolutely nobody uses in PVP, so making them smaller and longer lasting won't work. We have that today, it sucks.

A major/minor shield system might work, where a major shield (harness/hardened) will replace one another but not stack. We would need to allow minor/small shields and group buffs like igneous or healing ward to stack on a major shield.

But honestly, I wouldn't touch a major/minor system like this without seriously buffing the major shields to begin with. Make them last much longer (like TG era) and bigger if they can't stack.

Also, changing one morph of healing ward to stick to you and not anyone else would be nice as well.

The six second shield with stacking works, because good players will time their CC/fear for when your shields expire, then eat at your health at will. This, and shattering blow CP can smash a shield in one or two hits.

I know some people will say. "But I don't want to waste points on shattering CP!" You get 600 of them FFS, you can spare a few. Put all of your new pub 13 CP there and try it.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

What about implosion? Do you feel sorcs should be given free dmg passively? Iv been hit with 10+ implosions from stam sorcs, it's my understanding this ability has a percent chance to proc within a certain threshold and is applied without player intervention.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What?

You're kidding right?

But the rest? Lol pets.

Double pet armor

As someone who has played pet sorc since launch. I hate the pets
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• NightSquirrel
    NightSquirrel
    ✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs should not be able to proc implosions, that is my two-cents.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...why?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

They don't necessarily have to do anything except add a skill point in their class passives. Implosion just happens while they fight. If anything reduce the dmg to be comparable to an enchant around 2 thousand. Getting hit with 10k+ is way too powerful. Personally I don't think it should exist at all but I'll take a compromise if zos is willing.
  • Mazoku_
    Mazoku_
    ✭✭
    I would like to start by thanking you *ZOS for retaining the 3.5 s burst for the haunting curse re work.
    Now, i have always played magsorc pvp with a lighting staff. It's my playstyle and have always preferred it over flame or frost. And i know many other sorcs feel the same way.
    Now with these new changes to the passives (flame staff increases damage with single target abilities) isn't this forcing all of us to use flame staff for pvp?
    I mean who wouldn't want to squeeze the most dps out of their curse, execute , frags, and pulse?
    I think it is taking away freedom of choice when it comes to your pvp staff and i believe thats wrong. Why should everyone be forced into using a staff they might not like just so they can remain competitive?
    Edited by Mazoku_ on January 19, 2017 11:32PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »

They don't necessarily have to do anything except add a skill point in their class passives. Implosion just happens while they fight. If anything reduce the dmg to be comparable to an enchant around 2 thousand. Getting hit with 10k+ is way too powerful. Personally I don't think it should exist at all but I'll take a compromise if zos is willing.

Now correct me if i am wrong but arent there a lot of passives that can result in damage?

crit boosts for assassination passives, Stealth boosts for 10%, etc.

never will understand the artifical line between damage listed on recap separately from massive boosts like crits deliver which are added-in to the base powers.

To me, its how much damage you do and when and so forth - not how the recap lists it.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Now correct me if i am wrong but arent there a lot of passives that can result in damage?

never will understand the artifical line between damage listed on recap separately from massive boosts like crits deliver which are added-in to the base powers.

To me, its how much damage you do and when and so forth - not how the recap lists it.

Don't forget 8% max magicka for nightblades. I'd take that over a 5% execute chance passive any day.

Some people want to pretend that one hit at full health means implosion procs left and right. That's asinine. It only triggers when you're almost dead anyways.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dev wrote: »
    Overload needs to become a legit ult instead of a Palpatine wannabe tool. If we lose the 3rd bar, maybe we'll lose the toggles?!

you know that some sorcs like the third bar option right? if you want a dps ult, then go use rend/eots. leave the bar as it is as
    You'd rather have a 3rd bar or a decent ultimate for pvp and pve?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For my money if something small like OVERTIME replacing peristance prevented having dbl bar toggles mandatory - i would be fine to give up overload's third bar.

i am not in favor of eliminating overload cuz its kinda unique and the more unique the better off imo.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First off that is assuming OL is even bad lol. It has its uses in PvE and PvP. And the third bar is unique to sorcs and should not be tampered with. Now sorcs have one of the strongest group ultimates for PvP in negate, and one of the strongest dueling ultimates in the atro. Then finally they have one of the strongest for VMA in overload. And the best utility in a third bar.

And they just like every other class except standard DK, uses other ultimates for pure damage such as meteor dawnbreaker rend or destro ultimate. All if these are viable alternatives for burst or sustained PvE and PvP damage.

I still do think OL could use a buff, sorcs magicka Regen is tied to this skill and it would be nice if it gave more per cast or if other sorc skills got a DPS boost when in the form. To improve the PvE effectiveness of this skill without overbuffing it for PvP.

But as it is currently on live and pts it's a good skill that gives access to a third bar which allows for alot of utility and good quick damage.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mazoku_ wrote: »
    I would like to start by thanking you *ZOS for retaining the 3.5 s burst for the haunting curse re work.
    Now, i have always played magsorc pvp with a lighting staff. It's my playstyle and have always preferred it over flame or frost. And i know many other sorcs feel the same way.
    Now with these new changes to the passives (flame staff increases damage with single target abilities) isn't this forcing all of us to use flame staff for pvp?
    I mean who wouldn't want to squeeze the most dps out of their curse, execute , frags, and pulse?
    I think it is taking away freedom of choice when it comes to your pvp staff and i believe thats wrong. Why should everyone be forced into using a staff they might not like just so they can remain competitive?

Don't forget 8% max magicka for nightblades. I'd take that over a 5% execute chance passive any day.

Some people want to pretend that one hit at full health means implosion procs left and right. That's asinine. It only triggers when you're almost dead anyways.

So you believe its ok and balanced for a sorc to passively grant you a 5 to 10k+ burst damage that finishes your target for you when I need to run an execute that requires me to physically activate an ability in order to do the same thing?
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

Me too at least that way you get a buff and any massive damage being applied would be done by you.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So you believe its ok and balanced for a sorc to passively grant you a 5 to 10k+ burst damage that finishes your target for you when I need to run an execute that requires me to physically activate an ability in order to do the same thing?

... it has a 5% proc chance. Statistically it needs to hit you twenty times at extremely low health to go off. You're either bad at math, or just hopelessly blubbering at this point with the e-tears everywhere.

Yeah I kind of laugh it off when it happens to me. I shrug, say "lucky shot", then res up. Most of the time when I die to it, I would have died with or without the implosion. So All he gets is a cool disintegrate animation out of it. And I have to admit, it is cool.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

... it has a 5% proc chance. Statistically it needs to hit you twenty times at extremely low health to go off. You're either bad at math, or just hopelessly blubbering at this point with the e-tears everywhere.

Yeah I kind of laugh it off when it happens to me. I shrug, say "lucky shot", then res up. Most of the time when I die to it, I would have died with or without the implosion. So All he gets is a cool disintegrate animation out of it. And I have to admit, it is cool.

I'm aware of the proc chance, I run a medium armor dk so I get bursted down within that threshold that's procs implosion very often and have been killed by extremely high proced implosions. I will say this it happens far more frequent with stam sorcs. Usually with other classes I have an opportunity to roll dodge vigor rally I cant do that when the sorcs can passively execute me. Mind you it's an execute that you can not see thus 0 counter play. Again damage like that should be applied thru player intervention not freely given.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

Also just because I get killed by implosion doesn't necessarily mean I would have died anyways iv recoverd from failed attempts at a nightblade gank and walked away victorious. Free damage is a crutch just like vipers.