Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Sorcerer Balance Improvements

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question. By 8.5 seconds do you count the first 3.5 sec explosion or is it 8.5 seconds after the first explosion? Be cause if its 2 explosions in 8.5 seconds its a nerf and people might complain.

Edited by Ankael07 on January 13, 2017 4:16PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to thank everyone for all the feedback in this thread. We are going to be making tweaks to Velocious Curse for the next PTS build:
    • Velocious Curse – This morph will still cause an echo, but now the explosions will occur at 3.5s and 8.5s, instead of 6s and 12s

As a sorcerer player, i appreciate the fact that you listened to us.

As a NB, Templar, and DK player, I am flabbergasted that you wound up buffing one of their strongest PvP skills while Strife still gets the cost increase, Blazing Spear still no longer stuns, Coagulating Blood still has the wonky heal mechanic
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to thank everyone for all the feedback in this thread. We are going to be making tweaks to Velocious Curse for the next PTS build:
    • Velocious Curse – This morph will still cause an echo, but now the explosions will occur at 3.5s and 8.5s, instead of 6s and 12s

Awww thank you so much for this. I just squealed a little :3 Best change ever.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a NB, Templar, and DK player, I am flabbergasted that you wound up buffing one of their strongest PvP skills while Strife still gets the cost increase, Blazing Spear still no longer stuns, Coagulating Blood still has the wonky heal mechanic

Read the other threads, stamplars got buffed, magblades twisting path got buffed by 37% and they're still working on grim focus and cDB.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

MAGICKA SORCERER IS SAVED
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭

I take back everything I said, THIS IS GREAT!

I was ready to shelf the ole Sorc. I can honestly say now THANKS WROBEL!!!!!!!

And thanks for keeping the name Velocious curse, Haunting Curse sounds dumb.
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on January 13, 2017 5:11PM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read the other threads, stamplars got buffed, magblades twisting path got buffed by 37% and they're still working on grim focus and cDB.

I did. Congrats that sorc PvP players got the number one thing they were looking for out of those intital patch notes, but let's not pretend that the new Twitting Path will encourage those magic Nightblades to come back to Cyrodiil or the new Coagulating Blood to make DKs all happy when they get ganked.

Maybe an inappropriate tone to take since I do play a sorc and despised the old Haunting change and I am very glad they changed it back. I don't mean to throw cold water, but for a supposed "balance" patch, this update is extremely disappointing and I think ZoS should be made aware of that.
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 13, 2017 5:04PM
    Options
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for keeping Curse a viable PvP option. Good change.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did. Congrats that sorc PvP players got the number one thing they were looking for out of those intital patch notes, but let's not pretend that the new Twitting Path will encourage those magic Nightblades to come back to Cyrodiil or the new Coagulating Blood to make DKs all happy when they get ganked.

Maybe an inappropriate tone to take since I do play a sorc and despised the old Haunting change and I am very glad they changed it back. I don't mean to throw cold water, but for a supposed "balance" patch, this update is extremely disappointing and I think ZoS should be made aware of that.

Well stamina Templar were the most lacking, they've been buffed. MagDK still has a flame leap now, chain is a bit better, though I'm not sure how reliable as it was always a mess. cDB could still be changed to a better alternative, and they agree grim focus would be better not having to re-apply it constantly.

They're on the right path, this is the closest we've been to balanced
    Edited by psychotic13 on January 13, 2017 5:25PM
    Options
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Though the duration timings are a bit odd, 3.5/8.5 is definitely better than the 6/12 rotation. Before, the rotation revolved around the 12s curse. This resulted in some more force pulse/frag procs, but left some awkward downtime on your 2 strongest dots. Now, it can go back to a 10s rotation revolving around liquid to keep the focus on those 2 dots, while maintaining some integrity to the original idea of simplifying rotations and allowing more fp/frag weaves.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolute legend
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!
    Nice buff to PvE, still not sure if im going to utilize echo in PvP, but atleast we have option not to without any loss.
    Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Thank you for listening. Now please modify the other morph so that it forces my pets to attack the cursed target, even if they are on passive mode. The attack target key is just too unreliable in PvP.

2. Increase the atronach's base attack range so it is in line with the equivalent staff heavy attack, including Cyrodiil range buffs.

3. Make the Clannfear scale with both max magicka and stamina to support pve archer play.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »

YES YES YES THANK YOU

Sorc are gonne be so insanely op ._.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be damned. Makes for a happy Friday the 13th!

Options
  • maxlacab16_ESO
    maxlacab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Great! VC here to stay!
    But why keep the "Echo"?
    Here my 2c.
    And most of the above.

Y'all must have noticed that, on PVE regular mobs, the "Echo" usually fires... after you killed and looted the mob...
    and have put quite some distance between you and the scene of the fight. That will not change with a full 5 seconds delay, compared to 6 seconds before ZOE's CORRECTION.

On bosses, with an initial explosion at 3.5 seconds, I will rather refresh VC and get another explosion in 3.5 seconds, than wait for 5 seconds for that second explosion. How come this is not obvious to ZOE?

In PVP, "Echo" is completely useless unless you are a hit-and-run kind of player. But then you may as well keep running.

And just in case ZOE believes this is "to save you some magica expenses", I am certain that my resource management can sustain a 3.5 second refresh. I dont need or want that freebee.

Hey, why not have the "Echo" detonate 1 second after the first? That, I can totally go with!
    Turn VC into a possible execute alternative to the lame-a** Mages Fury Morphs.

Oh, and while I'm at it, just FYI, ZOE, none of my two sorc builds run shields anymore, since your SHIELD UBER NERF.
    Just not worth the slots any more! I compensate with heavy armor and health enchants.
    My new shield is called CRITCAL SURGE / POWER SURGE.

So...ZOE
    ...trying to bring back value to the useless and annoying pets,
    NERF-ing a light armor class into a cross-dressing hybrid,
    NERF-ing staff-wielders into dual-wielders,
    then trying to NERF the dual-wielders back into staff-wielders,
    is just not working for some of us.

Oh, and the excessive delay of cast action/animation on the sorcs! What's up with that?
    I play all classes and, maybe except for some of the templars' skills, the sorcs have the most delayed and unresponsie skills of them all. When the tooltips say INSTANT, with the sorcs that usually means activation at lest 1/4 second after INSTANT!!!
    Even with ANIMATION CANCELLING, the delay is noticeably higher with sorcs than with the other classes.
    I know this has been addresses by several players over the years, and completely ignored by ZOE as well.

Way to go!

Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOINNNGG
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great! VC here to stay!
    But why keep the "Echo"?
    Here my 2c.
    And most of the above.

Y'all must have noticed that, on PVE regular mobs, the "Echo" usually fires... after you killed and looted the mob...
    and have put quite some distance between you and the scene of the fight. That will not change with a full 5 seconds delay, compared to 6 seconds before ZOE's CORRECTION.

On bosses, with an initial explosion at 3.5 seconds, I will rather refresh VC and get another explosion in 3.5 seconds, than wait for 5 seconds for that second explosion. How come this is not obvious to ZOE?

In PVP, "Echo" is completely useless unless you are a hit-and-run kind of player. But then you may as well keep running.

And just in case ZOE believes this is "to save you some magica expenses", I am certain that my resource management can sustain a 3.5 second refresh. I dont need or want that freebee.

Hey, why not have the "Echo" detonate 1 second after the first? That, I can totally go with!
    Turn VC into a possible execute alternative to the lame-a** Mages Fury Morphs.

Oh, and while I'm at it, just FYI, ZOE, none of my two sorc builds run shields anymore, since your SHIELD UBER NERF.
    Just not worth the slots any more! I compensate with heavy armor and health enchants.
    My new shield is called CRITCAL SURGE / POWER SURGE.

So...ZOE
    ...trying to bring back value to the useless and annoying pets,
    NERF-ing a light armor class into a cross-dressing hybrid,
    NERF-ing staff-wielders into dual-wielders,
    then trying to NERF the dual-wielders back into staff-wielders,
    is just not working for some of us.

Oh, and the excessive delay of cast action/animation on the sorcs! What's up with that?
    I play all classes and, maybe except for some of the templars' skills, the sorcs have the most delayed and unresponsie skills of them all. When the tooltips say INSTANT, with the sorcs that usually means activation at lest 1/4 second after INSTANT!!!
    Even with ANIMATION CANCELLING, the delay is noticeably higher with sorcs than with the other classes.
    I know this has been addresses by several players over the years, and completely ignored by ZOE as well.

Way to go!

Who's Zoe?
    Options
  • jasonteck
    jasonteck
    dont' nerf the hurricane. it is all we have as stam sorcs. we don't have the same skills in our skill line as other classes do. most are magic based that due damage.
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS you rock. Reverting the Curse change was an excellent idea.

Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have left velocious curse as it is and give the echo to daedric prey, would have made more sense.
    But well, at least normal Sorcs feel buffed now, so that we don't see any idiot running around with pets.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • maxlacab16_ESO
    maxlacab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Who's Zoe?

Zenimax Online Elfs... Duhhhh!
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit sad to see, that all classes get a handfull of buffs next week and Sorcerer, appearently only one.
    I think Sorc can use just as many tweaks. It's not like many of our abilities are pretty niche and underperforming as well as many passives.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

YES YES YES THANK YOU

Yes true! I hope we will see more magicka sorcerers again in Cyrodiil :smile:
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´m with you on this one.

I´m a 100% sorc player since dark brotherhood - havent touched one of my alts. I still think this is too much of a buff. I´d rather have other things about sorcs nerfed than this tbh.

YES YES YES THANK YOU

Yes true! I hope we will see more magicka sorcerers again in Cyrodiil :smile:

More than we already see? ._.

For quests it´s usually NB=Sorc>Temp>DK for amount if time it takes to finish. There are a lot of sorc around. Pretty cocky most of them too - and then all of then run away in the end. Game is not fun without friends i guess.
    Edited by Derra on January 13, 2017 7:23PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

YES YES YES THANK YOU

Only because of the 8% destro staff passive and eye of the storm. Otherwise, it's not much different than we have now. A 3.5 second curse? Got that on live.

We'll see how it plays, but somehow I doubt magicka sorc is going to be the problem with ice staff blocking templars a thing.
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tnx for reverting vc back... but now we dont have anything other for balance that we need ?
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are people seriously rejoicing over the fact that Curse Got doubled in strength?

So, as this now triggers twice with the same timer, it's effectively half the cost, double the damage. I did not really have an issue with curse as it was and I thought the initial change was a bit dumb.

But now you overbuff it to 1000% and people are saying 'Omg thank god ZOS finally learned how to balance the game'

mdn.gif
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
    Options
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great to see the new tweak to curse! Thanks to the devs for considering all our feedback.

I haven't seen this mentioned on here yet - so can we talk about the Charged Atronach ult morph? It's useful for about 2-3 hours while leveling a new sorc character. Beyond that, it has no use in PvE or PvP.

A couple recommendations, taken from storm atronach mechanics already in-game:

1) Make it work like the atros in the Molag Kena WGT boss fight, where it explodes after a few seconds for massive AOE dmg with a stun attached to the explosion instead of the initial call-down. If it's killed before the timer, it instantly explodes for a lot of damage - this would retain usefulness in PvP where a charged atro is instantly CC'ed and killed before it can do its first laughable lightning fist-pound.

2) Make it work like the atros from Aetherian Archive's fight with The Mage, where they pulse for high amounts of AOE damage.

It's hard to imagine anybody defending the current state of charged atronach. In my opinion, there should be zero throwaway, filler abilities or ults. Each ultimate should be strong in its own way, and choosing to use an ult should be based on context, such as group composition, type of content, pve/pvp etc.

It's a real problem when an entire class pretty much defaults to the destro weapon ult because it's so over-tuned.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a second they touch Curse but don't touch Hurricane, why are so many people reliant on curse to be OP. Really doesnt matter, get enough people to complain about a skill on an OP ability Zos will change it.

Why wont they make one class to be above the rest again. Increase templars radiant damage and make it an AOE. Make Dks more tanky and have more resources back, make Sorcs duel wield frag hit for 20+k again. Make NBs cloak and incap for more damage and cloak for 20 mins.

And nerf Stam Sorcs back to boundless give us no dark deal and limited abilities again. Sounds like a readjustment to to old patches and updates 1.6 with a bit 1.7, mixed with 2.3 calling it update 13 as 2.7.2 or 3 with more feedback and limited executive decisions. smh lol

Hard not to be sarcastic when so many players rely on Zos development issues, bugs and broken gear to silently expliot skills, gear and abilities. Thus making a "Meta" again and 80% of players play for that reason.

Balance is a comfort word of hope, and hope is not real. I hope i win the lottery, or i hope they fix this lag. Lol Good day people.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on January 13, 2017 8:46PM
    Options