PTS Feedback Thread for Sorcerer Balance Improvements

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these changes do is make meta more dominant than it already was. VC is core for sorc rotation and has never been a problem. 12s until recast is boring. Being forced into less playstyle choices is boring. There are far better ways to go about balance. You talk about burst like this VC change will stop people from destro ulting or killing from stealth. Does nothing to help that. Nor address viper stacked with other sets or proccing twice from DW. There's a lot of issues, this does not help in a PvP aspect when magsorcs are about burst and survivability. Sorcs need burst against heavy armor. No fix to heavy armor or buff to light armor=/=giving less burst.

in pvp it's not boring.

you're dead.

Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the desire to want to simplify rotations in PvE, and I understand wanting to drop burst a bit, but I still can't seem to understand why magicka sorc burst is being destroyed while burst from almost every stamina spec are still going to remain extremely high in PvP. It just...doesn't seem fair, simply put. The VC change is stupid. Plain and simple. I don't see why Daedric Prey can't just be given the Haunting Curse morph. Seems like it would be a good compromise /:
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on January 13, 2017 10:43AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the desire to want to simplify rotations in PvE, and I understand wanting to drop burst a bit, but I still can't seem to understand why magicka sorc burst is being destroyed while burst from almost every stamina spec are still going to remain extremely high in PvP. It just...doesn't seem fair, simply put. The VC change is stupid. Plain and simple. I don't see why Daedric Prey can't just be given the Haunting Curse morph. Seems like it would be a good compromise /:

It is the best compromise, like 8/10 to 9/10 people agree with that.
    Keeping the patch history so far in mind, I doubt this will happen to be honest.
    But IF it happens, I understand this as a sign that finally the devs listen more to the community, its pretty rare that so many people from both the PvE and PvP side, agree this much on something.

My guess?
    "We listened to the community, and adjusted haunting curse. It now explodes every 5 seconds instead of every 6 seconds."
    Edited by Birdovic on January 13, 2017 11:36AM
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take back what I previously said, after switching back to velocious curse after trying daedric prey, velocious is perfect as it is. Don't nerf it.
    Options
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Just wanted to thank everyone for all the feedback in this thread. We are going to be making tweaks to Velocious Curse for the next PTS build:
    • Velocious Curse – This morph will still cause an echo, but now the explosions will occur at 3.5s and 8.5s, instead of 6s and 12s
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Options
    Staff Post
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to thank everyone for all the feedback in this thread. We are going to be making tweaks to Velocious Curse for the next PTS build:
    • Velocious Curse – This morph will still cause an echo, but now the explosions will occur at 3.5s and 8.5s, instead of 6s and 12s

Thanks! I think this is a great change thank you for taking your time to respond to us
    Options
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<bows graciously>

Thank you, sir!
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait... so you are telling me that when I'm hunting nb gankers in pvp that this skill will no longer pull them out of stealth once... but will instead pull them out of sleath TWICE!

Now that's a change I can enjoy.

I request one change to the functionality of overload. Many sorcs use it pretty much exclusively for the third bar. Currently, to me the third bar access is a bit awkward. I'm sort of punished for using a different ultimate because I can't access the third bar...
    Would you consider modifying the activation requirements of overload?
    Current requirements: Player must save at least 64 ultimate (after reduction passive) to activate overload and use the third bar. The player can then fire overload to basically 0 ultimate.
    Proposed requirements: Player can activate overload at 0 ultimate, but an attempt to fire overload without at least 64 ultimate will simply disengage overload.

I can't really imagine anyone QQing over what I think is probably 2-4 shots of overload (i.e. a sorc would not be able to fire off the last 64 ult), but it would make the overload bar much more naturally accessible. A simple, yet user friendly alteration.
    Edited by Drummerx04 on January 13, 2017 2:09PM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Will the initial explosion and the echoing explosion have different sound effects? As someone who prefers to use in-game cues as opposed to having 700 buff trackers on screen, a different sound for each would be very much appreciated.
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Drummerx04 on January 13, 2017 1:57PM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My man. Thank you for considering our input, I don't wanna hear anyone ever say again how you guys don't listen or care.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for this <3
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭

Still no dark deal nerf? -.- come on
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

Options
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

YES YES YES THANK YOU
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
    Options
  • olimarfreak
    olimarfreak
    ✭✭

PVP: I can see this ability being too strong. Since curse is currently unblockable, the new 6s/12s explosions make it easier for sorcs to stack up burst damage. Haunting curse, inevitable det, mages wrath, and frag procs will be the new mag sorc one-shot meta (or nearly one-shot). With velocious curse's shorter duration, it was much more difficult for players to line up that many skills to burst at once.

Please tell me more on how inevitable det should do dmg on single targets in PvP? The DMG was nerfed to the lowest and since no one is using DW as a Sorc this Skill isn't in use anymore

PS4 - EU - PSN: olimarfr34k / YT: olimarfr34k ESO
    CP600+

Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | VMSA Flawless 548k | Immortalix (AD)
    Redguard Stamina Templar | VMSA Flawless 558k | Jab on Em (DC)
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer | VMSA Stormproof 557k | Slippery when wêt (EP)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Bombblade Setup | VMSA Stormproof 552k | Emilio La Gucci (AD)
    Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight | PvE only | VMSA Stormproof 510k | Cat with Hella Dots (DC)
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade | PvP only | Shadowmeow (AD)
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight | PvP only | Saltbae (AD)

Soon: Magicka Templar

Vet & HM Clear
    MoL, AA, HRC, SO

#PwNeD is BACK!
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, you went from nerfing the skill in PvP to super buffing it.

Just reverting the changes would have been fine, honestly.

The 3.5 seconds thing was key, it times so well with burst from other skills.
    Options
  • Lendill
    Lendill
    Soul Shriven
    Good thing with velicious curse :) . 3.5 seconds and 7.5 seconds would be better but at least not that 6 and 12 second thing.

I actually use overload under certain circumstances :
    - When i´m out of mana fighting a world boss to get some magicka back or when i´m in a 4 people dungeon with a healer that gives me literally no support.
    - the third bar.
    - VMA

Maybe it is possible to change Ultimate points if they are going to be changed from 1000 to 750 instead 1000 to 500? Or maybe reduce the cost of Overload?
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers mate :)
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

:love: you all ZOS!
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really like the curse change now. Great job! :)

Now just need to revert the ultimate nerf from 500 back to 1000 and I'll be reasonably happy! ;)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Really like the curse change now. Great job! :)

Now just need to revert the ultimate nerf from 500 back to 1000 and I'll be reasonably happy! ;)

Why? based on what they did in "reverting" VC, they should also "revert" the ult back from 750 to 1500!

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭

Awesome change. 3.5 seconds really is perfect for our burst rotation which is 100% necessary. 8.5 still gives enough time for someone to purge the echo but isn't a ridiculous 12 seconds leaving us waiting to cast again if they don't. Balance seems to be good.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TonytheTiger.jpg

This, or going back to the current live version if the new one just isn't right sounds so much better.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This sounds OP.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Yeh, you went from nerfing the skill in PvP to super buffing it.

Just reverting the changes would have been fine, honestly.

The 3.5 seconds thing was key, it times so well with burst from other skills.

It's not a huge PVP buff, most sorcs are going to keep recasting it after the 3.5 second detonation to keep pressure up. Which makes it.. no different than it is today.

You only get a 5 second 'echo' explosion if you're CC'ed or something basically, which is a small buff I suppose. But I never have a problem keeping the 3.5 second explosions up, dual wield depends on them.

It'll also make it harder for nightblades to escape after a gank attempt. I'm sure you can see all of my tears of sympathy for them. It's a big deal because if they don't heal the first, they'll die from the second, and they have to leave cloak to vigor heal.
    Edited by Minalan on January 13, 2017 3:36PM
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

This sounds OP.

I don't know about that. Any sorc was immediately reapplying a 3.5s Curse the instant it exploded anyway. It's now just a little bit easier on the Sorc resources if it's not purged.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

This sounds OP.

I don't know about that. Any sorc was immediately reapplying a 3.5s Curse the instant it exploded anyway. It's now just a little bit easier on the Sorc resources if it's not purged.

Really?

if shields or shuffle or volley or cfrags or almost any other frequently used vital for play hvy effect power in the game got a free after 6s redo my bet is there would be some concern.

But for me, note to self, do not swap VC for pet version which is now even more "nobody will ever use this over VC" than before.

At the very least they could have given the 6s second boom to the base power so both morphs got it.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, really didn't expect that. Not. At. All.
    It might not be the daedric prey combo many wished for (myself included), but this looks like a great alternative.

The 3.5s explosion still exists, while people can decide themselves, if they want to wait out the 2nd one 5sec later, or simply reapply it themselves.

@ZOS_RichLambert

Im taking back everything, thanks fo listening! :smile:
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greatly appreciated.
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmuuuucccchhhhh better thank you.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options