Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    I sometimes ask myself why I still play on DC.cabX5M9.jpg
    sJ7DPWt.jpg

Some context: First screenshot was when I saw Arrius being taken while EP had no scrolls, right after maintenance. Second screenshot was of B A D S' secret admirer blowing up in zone chat.

He needs the attention. Not getting it from us anymore. Awww
    Options
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Sylphie wrote: »
    I sometimes ask myself why I still play on DC.cabX5M9.jpg
    sJ7DPWt.jpg

Some context: First screenshot was when I saw Arrius being taken while EP had no scrolls, right after maintenance. Second screenshot was of B A D S' secret admirer blowing up in zone chat.

Id like to alert you that you lost 10 CP between that time.

probably lost 10 brain cells too reading zone chat
    nerf mdk
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Man...

You guys need to learn how to have fun in a video game.
    Options
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't you tell me you were banned from the forum? This doesn't look banned to me!
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Didn't you tell me you were banned from the forum? This doesn't look banned to me!

?

??
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since it's a little slow here at the moment, here's a little video of ours from the other day.

https://youtu.be/MSyGfCu2xF8

Can confirm that @ellahellabella is extremely hard to kill.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    After playing ad from my EP, casually on my nightblade since my available hours to game have dropped (and continue to) I'd like to point out some things and compare the three factions concerning this campaign without trying to name call or anything
    AD : seems to contain a higher percentage (key word) of newer players, but has still has good players who know what they're doing, however most of them are either running solo or doing their own things on the other side of the map because they hate leading pugs and don't have faith in ad to do anything productive. I suspect this is why ad has such a high amount of gankers as well, they just can't be bothered trying to work the map with the substance ad has currently, on average.
    However if you don't fall into that category you're likely a new player constantly "lfg'ing" in zone chat waiting for someone to pick you up so you can take a keep. Lastly, guilds, ad from what I've seen, has the highest potential for zergs, being that they are capable of gathering together the most numbers when done properly, but 80% of them are cp10's-cp160's, with that being said though lately AD hasn't had as much of an army for reasons which are probably very obvious

DC : they have the good, the bad, and the in between, they have the most numbers on average and contain Zerg groups, organized groups, and small man groups that run around doing their own thing. Putting the Oceanic Zerg side however, as well as Fengrush's fan boys, DC really doesn't outperform the other factions, they're pretty balanced (In comparison to other factions) during prime but have been shown to either underperform or completely overperform depending on time of day. The difference is DC's numbers are the most consistent during almost all hours of the day whereas EP and AD's numbers fluctuate a lot more. In terms of player skill DC has some of the best players I've ever seen (streamers aside) but also some of the absolute worst. With that being said I don't think all should be condemned for the actions of deliberate Zerg leaders or night cappers that are not oceanic

EP : EP tends to gravitate towards the middle in terms of player skill, numbers, etc. On average. They have more knowledgeable group oriented players, and have a lower percentage of complete noobs (or trash players, to be blunt), however they have a slightly lower amount of phenomenal outstanding "1vX" type players. Not because they are inept but because almost all of the good EP players either run in very organised groups to work the map rather than just running completely solo. They have the potential to make zergs and often will naturally form them because they have very very organised groups which communicate with each other either personally or in zone chat. If anything lights in zone chat you're going to hear someone call it out almost immediately. The only blight I see on EP's side is a deep hatred for DC players (which I understand and have fueled) making them target DC, and thus makes them become the things they saught to destroy without realizing it. It isn't black or white but once you're so focused on demolishing and obliterating the zergs you won't even realize that you've become one of them.

However It might just be a perspective thing, we all know DC night caps which is fine, but the real "beef" starts when North American players the next day will defend and or continue the work the oceanic zerg has done. That in my opinion is the biggest problem with this campaign.
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people hate getting stuck at a gate and their first keep...
    I say: NOM NOM NOM

T9LQJ0x.png

And after half an hour seige and 4 breeches, The Farragut tick that Krotha wanted so badly
    4CdQKE0.png

At least I had fun In AZ today...
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    Emp defending EP home keeps @ 1000am after PvDooring the map is almost priceless.
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

Alishka Gunter - Stamina Nightblade
    Gunter Smash - Magicka Dragonknight
    Alishka Tempestas - Magicka Sorcerer
    Alishka Arrowflinger - Stamina Nightblade
    Alishka Hides In Bushes - Magicka Nightblade
    Gunter Hearts Blueberries - Magicka Templar

Options
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people hate getting stuck at a gate and their first keep...
    I say: NOM NOM NOM

T9LQJ0x.png

And after half an hour seige and 4 breeches, The Farragut tick that Krotha wanted so badly
    4CdQKE0.png

At least I had fun In AZ today...

The funny thing is that it is mostly DC suffering from their own antics. Zero respect and reputation tarnished by their own idiocy. The Dc zergers hardly earn little to none AP for pvdooring and usually they are just farmed when there is competition.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    Options
  • Gert_Salo
    Gert_Salo
    Wow... I mean wow.

Why can't I get my Roster as a profile pic on the forums! COME ON ZOS!!!

BTW, I cannot take full credit for the Roster... the Roster is actually Mikmak's fault, but it's become endearing.

Mads - Pavia - Gethren - V I I
    Options
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    wats a fengrush
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gert_Salo wrote: »
    Wow... I mean wow.

BTW, I cannot take full credit for the Roster... the Roster is actually Mikmak's fault, but it's become endearing.
    Rooster?
    Mikmak copying TM's tabard? Pretty adorable if so.
    Edited by Kartalin on January 5, 2017 3:26AM
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • Gert_Salo
    Gert_Salo
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Wow... I mean wow.

Rooster?

Chicken or the Egg... not sure how long TM has been around, but I'm pretty sure the original "pink Roster" on a plain black tabard dates back to around June 2015. The "white Roster" is my revision.

Either way, you can't pull it off like I do!
    Edited by Gert_Salo on January 5, 2017 7:37PM
    Mads - Pavia - Gethren - V I I
    Options
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... I mean wow.

Rooster?

Chicken or the Egg... not sure how long TM has been around, but I'm pretty sure the original "pink Roster" on a plain black tabard dates back to around June 2015. The "white Roster" is my revision.

We've been here since 2014. Started wearing the tabbard in early 15 I believe. Didn't care enough to wear one prior.

Regardless the rooster is always fun to see no matter who is wearing it and is a great way to ruffle people's feathers.
    Marek
    Options
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... I mean wow.

Rooster?

We've been here since 2014. Started wearing the tabbard in early 15 I believe. Didn't care enough to wear one prior.

Regardless the rooster is always fun to see no matter who is wearing it and is a great way to ruffle people's feathers.

"is a great way to ruffle people's feathers" so spake the PenguinInACan
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

Options
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Log on just now, see a blue map. Usually would switch to Trueflame when i see that now [since this overnight capping crap has been happening since at least August or September now], figured hey i'll give it a shot for old time sake. Emperor decided to attack an Alessia resource on a keep that's not flagged rather than get farragut keep which had the ni mok scroll lol /switch to trueflame
    Edited by Mutagem on January 6, 2017 2:51PM
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least our tri-keeps were left alone when I was last on an hour or two ago. With those scrolls back there I can imagine it may not last long.
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's emp dethrone was a blast!
    - ad scrub -
    Options
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    TONIGHT ON AZ:

PRIMETIME --- THE BATTLE TO DETHRONE FENGRUSH (the 6th time)

AD fearlessly pushes emp keeps whilst EP languors in fear of mighty Fengrush's stamina army.

THEN, EP sees light on the horizon, a scroll appears in the bright yellow light of the mighty Fengrush's vigor. Not the scroll they need, but the scroll they want.

AFTER several failed attempts to coordinate with the "horrible" AD pugs, the guild known by Fengrush as "ruining AZ", decided to search the horizon for their own signal of hope.....ANOTHER SCROLL.

QUEUE DESTRUCTION OF DC HOME KEEPS -- THE CHOICE FENGRUSH MUST MAKE (EMP OR SCROLLS?!?!?!?!....he chose emp...)

With both of DC's scrolls in hand AD and EP had no choice but to push East and South into hostile land. While EP chose the path of the northern cold, AD chose one of fire and destruction (by the hands of the massive DC siege defense at Fort Ash).....BUT DO NOT FEAR, for AD could just like...rez at nikel and run right back....like really quick...SO THE MIGHTY FENGRUSH PUSHED OUT ON THE FLEEING PUGS ONLY TO BE MET BY THOSE HE HAD JUST SMITTEN.

Then AD took Ash and EP took Aleswell and thus ends the tale of Emperor @FENGRUSH...may he not hold the throne until probably like 0400 EST tomorrow morning.
    Marek
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    may he not hold the throne until probably like 0400 EST tomorrow morning.

He brought folks in from Haderus last night. Very tsunami and very much ow :(
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    may he not hold the throne until probably like 0400 EST tomorrow morning.

legit lol'd at that one....such epic story telling only to have that at the end lmao
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TONIGHT ON AZ:

AD fearlessly pushes emp keeps whilst EP languors in fear of mighty Fengrush's stamina army.

THEN, EP sees light on the horizon, a scroll appears in the bright yellow light of the mighty Fengrush's vigor. Not the scroll they need, but the scroll they want.

AFTER several failed attempts to coordinate with the "horrible" AD pugs, the guild known by Fengrush as "ruining AZ", decided to search the horizon for their own signal of hope.....ANOTHER SCROLL.

QUEUE DESTRUCTION OF DC HOME KEEPS -- THE CHOICE FENGRUSH MUST MAKE (EMP OR SCROLLS?!?!?!?!....he chose emp...)

With both of DC's scrolls in hand AD and EP had no choice but to push East and South into hostile land. While EP chose the path of the northern cold, AD chose one of fire and destruction (by the hands of the massive DC siege defense at Fort Ash).....BUT DO NOT FEAR, for AD could just like...rez at nikel and run right back....like really quick...SO THE MIGHTY FENGRUSH PUSHED OUT ON THE FLEEING PUGS ONLY TO BE MET BY THOSE HE HAD JUST SMITTEN.

Then AD took Ash and EP took Aleswell and thus ends the tale of Emperor @FENGRUSH...may he not hold the throne until probably like 0400 EST tomorrow morning.

We viewed it a bit differently.

PRIMETIME --- THE BATTLE TO DEFEND THE LORD

The LORD and his VASSALS fearlessly push into the large AD group attempting to claim dominion over his lands. With the mighty power of his staff he is met with -

Rememberance
    RememberanceRememberance
    RememberanceRememberanceRememberanc
    RememberanceRememberance
    RememberanceRememberanceRememberanceRememberance
    Rememberance

rememberance

*** this BRING THE KNEE-GATES
    Edited by usmcjdking on January 7, 2017 5:04AM
    Options
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    TONIGHT ON AZ:

We viewed it a bit differently.

PRIMETIME --- THE BATTLE TO DEFEND THE LORD

The LORD and his VASSALS fearlessly push into the large AD group attempting to claim dominion over his lands. With the mighty power of his staff he is met with -

Rememberance
    RememberanceRememberance
    RememberanceRememberanceRememberanc
    RememberanceRememberance
    RememberanceRememberanceRememberanceRememberance
    Rememberance

rememberance

*** this BRING THE KNEE-GATES

#RememberanceTheDethrone

Also ProTip....negates don't work on remembrance once its casted...so its a waste to cast it on a templar channeling the heal.
    Edited by PenguinInACan on January 7, 2017 5:25AM
    Marek
    Options
  • cearnach
    cearnach
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all, this is my first time posting here on the forums! You might know me as Derian The Defender; I am affiliated with LoDG and have participated in both BWB and Azuras, and I have noticed a level of dissatisfaction in both campaigns. I've also noticed a lot while reading this entire 78 page thread.

Things I've seen talked about on this thread:
    - do not defend gate keeps
    - do not PVDoor unless going for a scrolls
    - education is important, people need to be trained on siege, strategy, and working as a team
    - fingerpointing goes nowhere
    - there is a constant imbalance of faction numbers during each 24 hours thus zerging and steamrolling is largely unavoidable - you can't stop people from wanting action and will always act - it's a game, after all.
    - ^ this may also be because of a lack of communication and understanding, resulting in people all swarming to one place rather than balanced coordinated attacks.
    - Some people are less patient and understanding than others, some like to stir *** up, others simply have no respect for others, and some may be ignorant or naive.

I know this just looks like a big fat list, but I hope that properly identifying our issues can all help us reevaluate ourselves and inspire us to change and open up peaceful, respectful, and understanding communication between users and factions as a whole.

Much love,
    Derian
    Edited by cearnach on January 7, 2017 6:34AM
    Options
  • cearnach
    cearnach
    Soul Shriven
    however I approve of the amount of potatos dicussed
    Options
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    There were not many Remembrance at that keep. Many holes in the walls but ...

Now, if you meant Bleakers, then yes but you left a few steps out.

Remembrance
    Many DC die
    Many rez and run back up the stairs

RemembranceRememerance
    Many DC die

RemembranceRemembranceRemembrance
    Many DC die
    Get more people

RemembranceRemembrance
    Many DC die
    Get even more people

RemembranceRemembranceRemembranceRemembrance
    Many DC die
    Remembrance
    AD die

There may have been a few more cycles.
    Dae - TM
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cearnach wrote: »
    - there is a constant imbalance of faction numbers during each 24 hours thus zerging and steamrolling is largely unavoidable - you can't stop people from wanting action and will always act - it's a game, after all.

This is entirely avoidable. If you only have 1 toon and find yourself on a faction that is PvDooring and nightcapping, simply switch to a more balanced campaign (even if temporarily). Or create another toon on the other faction and play for the losing side. On principal I don't play my EP when they have Emp, would be the same for my AD but AD has not has Emp since I created an alternate faction toon.

Edited by Taylor_MB on January 7, 2017 7:13AM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    Tonight's emp dethrone was a blast!

Yes, that was a highlight but you missed the closing scroll run from King's.

Happy some AD captured Sej for a breather. Yes, DC will have it in a couple hours but it was a good run.
    Dae - TM
    Options
  • cearnach
    cearnach
    Soul Shriven
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

This is entirely avoidable. If you only have 1 toon and find yourself on a faction that is PvDooring and nightcapping, simply switch to a more balanced campaign (even if temporarily). Or create another toon on the other faction and play for the losing side. On principal I don't play my EP when they have Emp, would be the same for my AD but AD has not has Emp since I created an alternate faction toon.

Very true! I did do that once, made an EP toon to help out on a campaign but I heard a guild leader of mine say (quite venomously in fact) that they'd kick anyone who was in Cyrodiil but playing AD or EP aka being a TRAITOR. That kind of scared me away - I have a very strong loyalty to DC and would be very upset if I was kicked or labelled a traitor/spy, but I really want to help people out in their time of need and it doesn't seem fair to keep kicking people when they're down. Is there any solution to this predicament??
    Options
This discussion has been closed.