Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    One of the most enjoyable dethrones in which I've taken part. Good times!

Lol AD knocked down a front door uncontested with a raid while EP was pouring in multiple groups through the other side beforehand vs like 10 DC in a keep. What an epic take bro. One for the books.
    In case you forgot you were there at the front door, I managed to capture the moment on video. Note that there were at least as many DC out trying to fight us in the field and from the walls as we had in group.

https://youtu.be/NZCjd5BGyX8

Also I included our victory lap.

It all fell apart inside the keep of course. We _had_ to make a push to cap the keep, but there were plenty of EP there as well. Once we knew we were going to wipe we didn't put down a camp to rez and try again just to make sure EP was able to cap it.
    Edited by Kartalin on January 1, 2017 5:58AM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Kart, you are a siege magnet, red circles just constantly showing up on you XD.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, especially when people realize you're the healer :D
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    Now @Kartalin, you 'know' that group of 10 had AT LEAST 20 healers. Probably 40! :)

Dae - TM
    Options
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Munavar wrote: »
    Now @Kartalin, you 'know' that group of 10 had AT LEAST 20 healers. Probably 40! :)

Heck, even my stam sorc is a healer in a TM group.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

Options
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »

Heck, even my stam sorc is a healer in a TM group.

Can vigor peeps, right?
    Options
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Can't take credit for the current Emp in BwB though. That's MY guildie that ALL of DC helped crown.

I thought I was making a joke (sort of...), but LoDG actually did move to BWB. Have fun.

The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only a matter of time before your double teaming is going to push away DC players. If LoDG is gone, AD is going to have to find a new purpose on azura.
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We had a nice balanced map yesterday evening and no emp. As a result we had fun going back and forth fighting both DC and EP.
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • NightSquirrel
    NightSquirrel
    ✭✭✭
    Only a matter of time before your double teaming is going to push away DC players. If LoDG is gone, AD is going to have to find a new purpose on azura.

Not that I don't know you're trolling at this point, I would like to illustrate something mathematical regarding 1v1v1.

Unless every team is attacking in a triangular fashion, meaning no team is defending, only attacking, which is clearly an absurdity, by mathematical form and function there will always be a team that feels as though they are being unfairly double teamed. This clearly has more nuance than I'm ascribing at the moment, but I'm trying to keep this post relatively simple.

If you're playing on the most powerful faction that gets the most publicity via streaming and other sources of faction advertising, the other factions may target that faction more - and - if a product or consequence of that "double teaming," is that some players leave that campaign, then the only real significance is that the server will become more balanced.

However if your MO is having a higher populated faction that can field more players 24 hours a day and rule the server in totality, well, then I suppose that is a negative consequence . . .

If you want my personal opinion, which I can't imagine being the case, it would be that everyone should just play how they want, and enjoy themselves as long as their enjoyment isn't at the detriment to other players, I.e. gate farming, being rude in chat, or trying to prothlytize everyone else to any one form of playing. We all have something in common and that is that we all bought ESO because we enjoy playing it. All else should pale in comparison.

Everyone is free to disagree!
    Edited by NightSquirrel on January 1, 2017 10:10PM
    Options
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    @Fengrush

So, if DC 'gives up' due to this 'double teaming' will you start checking their pants? (to put it in your terms)

LoDG's real impact is\was the night capping. They are a new group of what, 6? core new players that wrangle the single new players into a zerg (with 1/4 never actually being with the group (review any of Vurian's old videos)). They appear to have filled the same roll as a couple of the AD groups that would pick up people in zone. Which look to not have been around much recently.

What is more likely to occur is that DC will do exactly what most AD did. Get fed up with the locust. Leave. The locust get bored after a few weeks of not being fed and leave back to where they came from. Start the cycle over again.
    Dae - TM
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Fengrush

So, if DC 'gives up' due to this 'double teaming' will you start checking their pants? (to put it in your terms)

LoDG's real impact is\was the night capping. They are a new group of what, 6? core new players that wrangle the single new players into a zerg (with 1/4 never actually being with the group (review any of Vurian's old videos)). They appear to have filled the same roll as a couple of the AD groups that would pick up people in zone. Which look to not have been around much recently.

What is more likely to occur is that DC will do exactly what most AD did. Get fed up with the locust. Leave. The locust get bored after a few weeks of not being fed and leave back to where they came from. Start the cycle over again.

My group can go there and PvP when we want - the rest of that population thats on fighting during the day probably wont be there too much Id think. I just dont really get at how thats a beneficial thing for you guys. Especially when EP does push the map up to glade and AD is just sitting back at Nikel/Ash waiting for EP to let DC advance up to ash so they can setup some siege to shoot at DC.

Nothing to be concerned of in our full trousers. AD on the other hand..
    Options
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    @Fengrush

What you define as real impact is only part of what we did. We were the front-line group of DC during prime-time. There were smaller groups, but our group was the one that would flag a place and then other groups would quickly rally among us.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, people want to claim we suck and everything, I get it. We are zerglings, we're absolute trash. I hear it on a daily basis. Something that people don't want to acknowledge is that LoDG does well for being 'zergtards' 'zerglings', and 'trash'. After all, how else would DC own anything during prime-time before EP outnumbered and zerged us down? We were fighting comparable numbers all the time.
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    We had a nice balanced map yesterday evening and no emp. As a result we had fun going back and forth fighting both DC and EP.

I was loving those TM cameos
    *Fighting DC at bleakers, looks left and sees AD charging in with destro ultis active*
    That would be TM coming guys.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vurian97 also LOL!
    I played during that hour! I saw your 'Balanced' Oc hour raids. I saw my 2 rd, 3 poison injection death recap. There was noting even close to even numbers during these hours. All that there was, was a blue tsunami.
    The only close to fair fights I had was picking off strayers in keeps and lingerers in temples after the scroll was long gone and the great blue wave with it.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was loving those TM cameos
    *Fighting DC at bleakers, looks left and sees AD charging in with destro ultis active*
    That would be TM coming guys.
    Jpgf6FO.jpg

• PC/NA
    Options
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭
    @Fengrush

My group can go there and PvP when we want - the rest of that population thats on fighting during the day probably wont be there too much Id think. I just dont really get at how thats a beneficial thing for you guys. Especially when EP does push the map up to glade and AD is just sitting back at Nikel/Ash waiting for EP to let DC advance up to ash so they can setup some siege to shoot at DC.

@FENGRUSH

Sometimes when you aren't on things happen...like this.

CWGbbVn.jpg
    Tertiary Meat
    Options
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭
    Micah123 wrote: »
    @Fengrush

@FENGRUSH

CWGbbVn.jpg

@FENGRUSH

or this.

KiAmrwG.jpg

Tertiary Meat
    Options
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭
    @Fengrush

@FENGRUSH

CWGbbVn.jpg

@FENGRUSH

or this.

KiAmrwG.jpg

TM's the problem though.......

whens the last time AD had emp....
    Tertiary Meat
    Options
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭
    @Fengrush

@FENGRUSH

CWGbbVn.jpg

@FENGRUSH

or this.

KiAmrwG.jpg

TM's the problem though.......

whens the last time AD had emp....

p5Hrl2f.jpg
    Tertiary Meat
    Options
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    @Fengrush

Of course, your group can PvP anywhere and any time they like. That's nearly ESO' tagline. I am not sure why you would believe that would ever be a concern.

How is having DC & EP zergs tangling with each other not beneficial? You do not play AD. You do not 'see' the composition of the population.

AD are, mainly, ungrouped and love their bridge\outpost fights. They get to kill a few, die and run right back into the fight. They consider that fun and that is how they wish to play.

If 'you guys' refer to TM specifically then again how is it not beneficial? We are often inserted in between DC & EP. We have fights with both. For the past few nights (before you log on) our pushing part of EP gives DC the opening for them to fight for their home keeps with equal numbers. No, we are not taking on the full 90 or even 60 EP. But we have cut the transit making the ride longer (as the keeps are lit there is no blood porting) and mange to pull 20-ish off. No, this not an intentional 'gang up' against EP. It is just they are the ones who are available at the time.

Finally, I have no concern with what is in your pants. Maybe the question needs to be re-phrased from your vernacular. "If DC (as a faction) abandons the fight because the EP zerg is too 'mighty'; will the 'Prince' of the Covenant be willing to call his own faction 'gutless' as you so deem AD to be?
    Dae - TM
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD has no scrolls, gets zerged at Roe by blue, fighting blue and red at alessia while blue pvdoors faregyl. RIP
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭
    AD has no scrolls, gets zerged at Roe by blue, fighting blue and red at alessia while blue pvdoors faregyl. RIP

At alessia defense at 3AM...Fengrush in the the middle of this.

47OKsz9.jpg

fare already taken...with no scrolls behind it...
    Tertiary Meat
    Options
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    67 DC, something something campaign health
    - ad scrub -
    Options
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    55+ DC? That's 3 raids getting into the mix. The Horde must have been hungry for ANY AP.

I wonder if they are all vampires. It would make sense as to why they come out so late at night and feed on anything that twitches. Must teach those poor NPC's to stand still, very very still!

Dae - TM
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    67 DC, something something campaign health

blue_salad_potato.jpg

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah guys! We did it! We can all retire happy now!
    Google.png
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    You know I honestly don't get why everyone is so upset at groups defending other alliance's gate keeps, or [insert arbitrary thing that a player or group or guild can do within the bounds of the game].
    I understand what it does - a lot of players complain, get upset, call it unbalanced, and stop fighting. It demoralizes opponents.

But every time I see a group defending my gate keeps, I try to round up whoever is around in zone and fight back. More often than not, we end up winning back our gate keeps and have a blast doing it.

It gives everyone (potatoes and super-cool-elite-peeps alike) a collective enemy and unites us, and we build momentum.

I guess it's just different perspectives... I just genuinely enjoy fighting against players who are doing that
    Edited by lepemetus on February 17, 2017 10:41PM
    Options
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes ask myself why I still play on DC.cabX5M9.jpg
    sJ7DPWt.jpg

Some context: First screenshot was when I saw Arrius being taken while EP had no scrolls, right after maintenance. Second screenshot was of B A D S' secret admirer blowing up in zone chat.
    Edited by Sylphie on January 3, 2017 2:14PM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    I sometimes ask myself why I still play on DC.cabX5M9.jpg
    sJ7DPWt.jpg

Some context: First screenshot was when I saw Arrius being taken while EP had no scrolls, right after maintenance. Second screenshot was of B A D S' secret admirer blowing up in zone chat.

Id like to alert you that you lost 10 CP between that time.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.