Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @TayTay

My only regret is I can't give your post an Insightful, an Agree, and an Awesome.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So glad I deleted my post... what @Taylor_MB said is perfect.
  • Dysturbedfan
    Dysturbedfan
    ✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    I just find it funny that 2 ep leaders threatened to gate camp us back on this campaign , then our home BWB campaign, and we said go ahead we want a challenge , and they stayed quiet. It's like the pot calling the kettle black ( I personally don't see anything wrong with it ) ah well, such is the way the whee turns , when one faction is dominant for a night, someone somewhere will get mad

1) Actual faction "leaders" wouldn't threaten to gate camp, because they know you require healthy competition to have enjoyable and fun PvP. I understand why though you would immediately identify these people as "leaders", cause it is what you and your guild are accustomed to.

2) You don't see anything wrong with it for the same reason you don't see anything wrong with rolling a full raid over less numbers, you don't want a competition or a challenge or to improve your skills, you come for the Emp buff and superior numbers for a misplaced sense of accomplishment. It's the same reason you play BWB, you want to constantly fight against people who, for the large majority, have significantly less experience then yourself, in order to compete in AS, you needed raw numerical advantage.

3) A faction can be dominant without pushing other factions to the gates. That is just some weird ego thing.

4) This is your own faction getting mad at you for being unsportsmanlike, this is a game, not a war. We NEED the other factions to play in order to Player verse Player, most people get no satisfaction from dominating a faction with vastly inferior numbers (your company excluded).

5) (Referencing the chat logs). The cycle of gate camping only continues because people like yourself are of the opinion that it is inevitable, so you have no reservation about doing it to others. Please keep you toxic reasoning and flawed logic out of our campaign, AS is proof that the Emp faction doesn't have to go for gates keeps or even enemy scrolls (on some occasions), because we like the competition as even as possible.

*breathing break*

The regular AD in AS won't be your echo chamber (like your guild), and we will make a point of your only skill being numbers. For a long time AS has been the least populated server, but we enjoy playing without CP so we've stuck around and worked hard to foster a balanced campaign with fun engagements that test your skill, not your ability to call reinforcements.

If you ever want to improve your PvP skills, come join us in Azuras Star, first step is leaving the zerg behind.

Well I see that we have different Opinions about this issue, which is fine, such is the human mind. The only thing I'll say is that I don't Zerg, I'm mainly a heal tank, which is what my cookie cutter magplar is set up to do. Now I could rage about your post, but where both adults here. I actually don't have any vet chars, was just on my lvl 26 magplar . I'm not a bad player I don't think, I win most of my engagements, but I'm not the best , I *** up a lot. I play with my guild when we're on and coordinate . Any ways happy Halloween all!
    Blam blam Dysturbedfan -vet magblade
    Kakakakakarmaelectra- Kyne gankblade
    Attack me Zerg- Kyne healthblade tank
    Quintario- craftblade pve land
    CookiecutterMagplar- vet/dungeon healer
    Wind Rasengan-Kyne stam sorc
    Sinbad the Just Bad- kyne stamdk
    Stay awhile and listen.

• Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom line is you can't control players, people will be unkind, others will be nice and thoughtful towards a campaign. It's best to try and just pvp and try and have a good time.
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    Bottom line is you can't control players, people will be unkind, others will be nice and thoughtful towards a campaign. It's best to try and just pvp and try and have a good time.

Agreed :)
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭

Yep, I completely agree. I try to be kind when I can, I encourage others to do the same. Respect is becoming more and more rare in society today (and in video games especially). It is ok to joke or have fun with another player, but there is a point where a line has to be drawn. Unfortunately, most ESO players are just generic memes or internet quotes that have no originality. "git gud, l2p, [insert teabag], /killself," etc. I have been forced to go offline when in PvP now, though I haven't even been in there for a month because of the toxicity/lack of enjoyment. I wish ZOS would do something about the people that act like the ones I experienced (death/r@pe threats, etc). It is especially hard on less experienced players.

All of that, plus the trouble caused by all the bugs/massive zergs in cyrodil (for me) made it not worth my time. I don't think I will ever get emp anyways, because it seems very political these days...so I spend all my time in vMoL.
    Edited by Moltyr on November 1, 2016 11:44AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So anyone D.C. - hit me up for a group on TF. I can't believe I actually had fun last night PVPing. It's been awhile.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night was pretty fantastic. The Ash/nikel and sej/Alyssia stalemates were ridiculously fun. I joined up with three IOTE guildies already in AS and convinced everyone to take the gate and hold it against the Blue flood. Ultimately we held the gate, alongside a number of other AD (ranging from single allies, to a full dozen) for about three or four hours. That included stopping at least three major assaults up the western stairs with a single oil and coordinated ultimates. (2.6k-4k AP ticks outside of a keep defense tick? Hell yes.)

Kudos to the DC that eventually took Nik, you guys were pretty much undaunted when it came to pushing us down hard.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    (2.6k-4k AP ticks outside of a keep defense tick? Hell yes.)

Ummmmmm?

Yeah it was a fun day, when DC and AD don't play on different shifts the campaign is really fun.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (2.6k-4k AP ticks outside of a keep defense tick? Hell yes.)

Ummmmmm?

Yeah it was a fun day, when DC and AD don't play on different shifts the campaign is really fun.

When you use any siege, you don't get AP until you get off.

About two-three times I managed to wipe out most of the potato DC charging the stairs with oils, each time we got a few thousand AP (The non-potatoes and the EP vamptank that got upset at a few others in our group took the other stairs. Sadly they didn't coordinate until nearly two or three hours into the gate fight.)

---

11/2 Last night was also pretty fantastic.

-Spend an hour trying to take stuff pretty much constantly get zerged down by groups three times our size. (Not complaining. We do it too!)
    -Realize that a few DC players seem to be sitting in keeps waiting to call for backup to defend
    -Group goes and starts capping resources without trying for keeps, to force the DC to move
    -EP retakes their trikeep, a second group of AD arrive and start taking back Fare.
    -Swap to my healer for a bit.
    -We take Nik, then Ash.
    -DC retakes home keeps, Roe, Alyessia, Fare, and we run three scrolls while EP ravage the north and dethrone.
    -We run three scrolls back, both AD scrolls and one EP scroll up in Warden.
    -Fail to steal a DC scroll behin the gate. Get met by the DC zerg as they got pushed out of Aleswell.
    -Another group took Chalman+Bleakers behind EP lines
    -We end up fighting the EP players (so many nightblades) over Alyssia bridge to burn some time. Somehow I ended up sieging a group of five reds on the Alyssia side of the bridge from the Sej side of the bridge(?)
    -Eventually take Sej and BRK.
    -Crown AD emp, as thing are meant to be.
    -Take Drakelowe for the quest, then sleep.

Much fun was had again! With a bit of effort we might even catch up to DC for top spot on the scoreboard!
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also apprantly stat scaling is pretty insane. My baby MagNB healer (Only one bar T.T) got a ridiculous number of kills/finishing blows. I was even able to duel a few people on him and force retreats! It felt so fun running funnel health/muta/healing springs/cloak/ranged execute in a group of 8ish guildies.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • niklavek
    niklavek

-Spend an hour trying to take stuff pretty much constantly get zerged down by groups three times our size. (Not complaining. We do it too!)
    -Realize that a few DC players seem to be sitting in keeps waiting to call for backup to defend

You've got an awesome attitude about it at least :)

and I agree, It's way too much fun to poke and prod groups to identify them.
    It's always easier when you know who the response squad (or whoever the biggest threat) is.

Honestly I think it's often more fun to fight in a campaign that's painted a different color or when you're way outnumbered -> you gain more experience (not in-game exp) and learn to fight against a wider variety of opponents.

Edit:
    Bottom line is you can't control players

Exactly - seems like too many people don't understand this and get upset about what other players in other alliances are doing. I agree there's a lot of *** people doing *** things either to others or to the campaign as a whole... but yelling at them to adopt your rules/playstyles probably won't work - we should try a different route.

Just my .02, to each their own :)

que sera sera
    Edited by niklavek on December 7, 2016 5:27PM
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to thank everyone on EP for pushing someone like Josh to become emp. A player who has actively laughed at suicide and real life death in the past and is generally not a good person. Thanks for that....smh

Screenshot_20160913_225702.png
    Edited by Mutagem on November 6, 2016 5:01AM
  • Uncle Sheo
    Uncle Sheo
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Josh
    NA - PC
    AD Uncle Shèo - Magicka DK
    EP Uncle Sheö - Magicka Sorc

RAGE - RIP
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to thank everyone on EP for pushing someone like J*** to become emp. A player who has actively laughed at suicide and real life death in the past and is generally not a good person. Thanks for that....smh
    Aaaand, here is EP's newest emperor hanging out in DC gates trying to farm right were we'd have to drop off to start riding out since we didn't own anything.

pNxxfa2.jpg

Still made 70k AP in an hour and a half, though, thanks to the rest of EP.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Cypriot122
    Cypriot122
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Josh
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to thank everyone on EP for pushing someone like Josh to become emp. A player who has actively laughed at suicide and real life death in the past and is generally not a good person. Thanks for that....smh

Screenshot_20160913_225702.png

It's okay muta, one day you'll get better at pvp
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Oh? You had someone whisper me to apologize to me the other day cause I have you on ignore lol So I must not be as bad as you say if you're doing that ;) Registering an account too? aww
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... still toxic and no reason to come back?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still pvp in this game?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I still have a fun time in Azura's. It's the only place not broken by power creep and I don't lag out of my mind there.

Side note, any AD remember me on Saturday walking through the walls of Nikel? I just came back from a crash and there were no keeps, towers, or outposts, but npcs and players were still there. I was able to walk in and out of walls, I just wish I could've seen if from your side lol. (Made sure not to kill anyone using this "feature" which was fixed by a relog)
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh? You had someone whisper me to apologize to me the other day cause I have you on ignore lol So I must not be as bad as you say if you're doing that ;) Registering an account too? aww

1. I've been on forums before this post was made, derp
    2. I whispered someone to apologize to you cause I actually wanted to know why I was on ignore cause I wasn't even aware I was prior to that
    3. Because I think you're generally amusing as a person and fun to mess around with in zone and troll with doesn't mean I think you're a good player, I thought you were cool but you just seem to be very oversensitive and butthurt over nothing like the typical scrub
    4. It's a pretty hefty claim to say I made light of real life death and suicide, I wasn't aware I had done that. Can you please provide us with some clear examples of when I did?
    5. Good luck with mag temp and night blade...lol. You'll get there some day, hopefully ESO will still exist by then.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    4. It's a pretty hefty claim to say I made light of real life death and suicide, I wasn't aware I had done that. Can you please provide us with some clear examples of when I did?

See above.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

See above.

OOPs i didn't see the screenshot
    my bad
  • niklavek
    niklavek
    NBrookus wrote: »
    So... still toxic and no reason to come back?

Toxicity will always be around, but I wouldn't say it's no reason to come back.
    Petty conflicts between players will still occur - but there are plenty of players/groups/guilds keeping pvp alive and it's still a blast in pretty much all campaigns right now :)
    yodased wrote: »
    People still pvp in this game?

Yup, it's a ton of fun! There's some crazy good groups out there! (myself excluded, but maybe some day)
    Tons of people still complain about everything from ganking to proc sets to heals to heavy armor to whatever... but then there's groups that are well coordinated that don't use any sets at all and can still win outnumbered and take objectives - it's pretty cool to watch & observe.
    Hell, I've even seen single solo players in pretty basic non-OP sets push through zergs and wipe other groups, in CP and non-CP campaigns alike (no clue how they do that, my effectiveness is usually an immediate splat against any group size >3).

but I guess I wasn't around in the beginning... maybe there were more people back then and maybe some truly skilled players have left...(which is understandable, it can be taxing for some people - especially if you're no longer having fun and take it too seriously) but either way, I'd say pvp is still very much alive :)

Edit:
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Hey, I still have a fun time in Azura's. It's the only place not broken by power creep and I don't lag out of my mind there.

Side note, any AD remember me on Saturday walking through the walls of Nikel? I just came back from a crash and there were no keeps, towers, or outposts, but npcs and players were still there. I was able to walk in and out of walls, I just wish I could've seen if from your side lol. (Made sure not to kill anyone using this "feature" which was fixed by a relog)

That happened to me before too! We had just brought a scroll back to the keep and somehow I walked under the keep... I was looking upwards at people's feet (there was no floor), and I'm guessing they couldn't see me below the floor. It was pretty funny, especially when I could jump through the rug in the middle of the keep and disappear again below it :P
    Relog fixed it for me too and haven't encountered it again - fun while it lasted though :)
    Edited by niklavek on November 7, 2016 7:04PM
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭

1. I've been on forums before this post was made, derp
    2. I whispered someone to apologize to you cause I actually wanted to know why I was on ignore cause I wasn't even aware I was prior to that
    3. Because I think you're generally amusing as a person and fun to mess around with in zone and troll with doesn't mean I think you're a good player, I thought you were cool but you just seem to be very oversensitive and butthurt over nothing like the typical scrub
    5. Good luck with mag temp and night blade...lol. You'll get there some day, hopefully ESO will still exist by then.

1. My bad, usually when I see "Soul Shriven" i think new account.
    2. oh? Cause the message I got referred to was something along the lines of "Josh says he loves you and he's sorry for whatever he did to offend you"
    3. I will admit I did have fun shooting the *** with ya in zone a few times, in fact I unblocked you after you said that *** about death and suicide BECAUSE i liked doing that and enjoyed it. Considering though I lost the best friend I ever had on this earth to suicide in 2009 you were already walking on thin ice in my eyes. What made me block you again though is your constant competitive condescending attitude to players not as good as you are. I wasn't even in Cyrodiil for over a week and came back to try out the velidreth/viper combo cause I never got the helm before and it was on the vendor, soon as I fought you once you whisper "proc sets :/".

Even in Duelling something I rarely ever did as a NB and wasn't the best at it for awhile there you would say *** in zone like "LOL MUTAGEM LOST A DUEL TO SOME SCRUB". I constantly tried to look past it cause you were fun to joke around with and shoot the *** with in zone but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore. For someone you thought was "Cool" you sure liked to insult them which says a lot about your character.

Even now in that initial post I made you basically did a 16 year old mentality type response of "well you suck at pvp derr" when I never even said ANYTHING about your skill as a player...it was you as a person i was criticizing.
    5. I levelled my magplar and went straight into cyrodiil no dueling or anything. Takes me awhile to get good with a class especially since I've been playing NB since 2014 [took a year off mind you from 2015-2016]. Right now my NB is mostly geared towards PVE atm but i've constantly improved and gotten good scores every campaign without anyone carrying me. I may not be top tier but i'm not a bad NB by any stretch
    Edited by Mutagem on November 7, 2016 10:52PM
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

FYI you really pissed me and a bunch of other people off doing that. In fact I believe we lost nikel in part to you doing that because you were messing with our frontline defense. You may not have killed anyone but you came close to several times and you still would have gotten AP from them dying once they did break down the door. So I and many others reported you that night for exploiting.
  • Remorseless
    Remorseless
    ✭✭✭
    wat is going on in this thread
    Vice

Love Palace
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shows you the sorry state of the campaign, and overall the game, if a player like that can actually get into first yet alone the fact that people are actually willing to emp him. Oh well, players like that could never do anything when the game was competitive, they need to falsely feel good (easymode fotm) at some point. Meanwhile the rest of us moved on, come join us where the pastures are greener B)
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know whats delicious? Bacon.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
This discussion has been closed.