Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Kale is still kicking around eh?

The question, kale, is do you like broccoli on your potato or bacon and cheese? These are the critical answers.

Choose wisely, kale, choose wisely.

I like bacon and cheese man, broccoli is good on the side, or cooked up with some steak though.

good man! Bacon + cheese on a potato is the absolute way to go. I can forgive onions, chives and sour cream, but if you say broccoli, thems fighting words
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Sumopwr
    Sumopwr
    ✭✭✭
    Kale is still kicking around eh?

The question, kale, is do you like broccoli on your potato or bacon and cheese? These are the critical answers.

Choose wisely, kale, choose wisely.

I like bacon and cheese man, broccoli is good on the side, or cooked up with some steak though.

good man! Bacon + cheese on a potato is the absolute way to go. I can forgive onions, chives and sour cream, but if you say broccoli, thems fighting words

Okay but, I see Ketchup all the time... I mean come on if you're not gonna fry it, hold the ketchup
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth do you guys put cheese on a potato....or sour cream....thats savage,

Call me old fashioned but if it ain't mashed it ain't good. BUT if were going the baked potato route some bacon on that would be good mixed with some salt and pepper and gravy and im golden
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mutagem CHEESY MASHED POTATOS get with it mate.

@Sumopwr ketchup on non fried potatos? Thats super gross. For dinner tonight I made paprika home fries and grilled cheese, zomg so good.

You ever put paprika on a potato, sliced it and then bake it on some parchment paper at 400° for 30 minutes? If you haven't, get on that man.

I may go get some more now, its that good.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    How on earth do you guys put cheese on a potato....or sour cream....thats savage,

Call me old fashioned but if it ain't mashed it ain't good. BUT if were going the baked potato route some bacon on that would be good mixed with some salt and pepper and gravy and im golden

Man... cheese sauce and bacon on baked potatoes = awesome, same with like steak fries... now fried potatoes, you go pepper, salt, ketchup.
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheese whiz and bacon makes everything better doesn/t it? fried potato don't need anything other than salt+pepper you are 100% correct on that.

Now, we get into sweet potatos and all bets are off.
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    cheese whiz and bacon makes everything better doesn/t it? fried potato don't need anything other than salt+pepper you are 100% correct on that.

Now, we get into sweet potatos and all bets are off.

I think the common thing here is potatoes... they are good with anything, KFC mashed potatoes and gravy is like a drug lol.
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean the irish may be on to something
  • Remorseless
    Remorseless
    ✭✭✭
    When housing comes out we can have a potato party
    Vice

Love Palace
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But the potato is from the Americas. Thank the ancient aborigines that saw the potential and selectively bred such a delicious vegetable. Also the sweet potato, but it's unrelated.

Solitary potato or communal sweet potato chipotle au gratin, it seems the factions agree on something.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    bitaken wrote: »
    Azura's Star is the non champion point campaign for all factions. I recall when it first came out and how people avoided it because of the "I have worked to get my champion points why shouldn't I get to use them" argument. While I will admit that champion points are hard earned and certainly give your character more staying power and more firepower I will contend that, in my opinion, using Champion Points is not a positive reflection of how PvP in TESO was originally designed. I have over 540 champion levels and am not at a disadvantage in any of the CP based campaigns. Most of my guild mates are also over the 501 threshold.

However, Einherjar (a multi gaming community of friends that has been playing MMOs together for over 14 years now - yes 14 years now), has found that the Non Champion point Cyrodil is more akin to the original PvP in TESO we all fell in love with. It's not for everyone. The 1vX crowd will not find this server to their liking. However, it is a place to find unreal group V group combat and to enjoy group based activities. Groups as small as 5 can be extremely combat effective and can earn loads of AP on Azura's Star.

All of this being said - when Einherjar first got lured to Azura's Star - by our good friend Mrs. Jones (many of you know him hate him or love him he is a friend to EHJ) we found a completely yellow dominated server with a massive presence of Aldmeri Dominion soldiers. We had found a place to fight numbers far greater than ourselves and to hone our combat skills in this new environment that really does require awesome co-ordination and group synergy to be successful. Especially against larger numbers as your resource pools are lower - and your regen rates are much lower. We fought and fought - and eventually wore down the AD zerg. We pushed them to their gates and owned the server - coming back from an 8 thousand point deficit and winning the campaign on our DC characters. Through all this it was essentially a 2 faction campaign. My guild, another small DC guild and a bunch of DC newer players versus a horde of Aldmeri Dominion that sometimes numbered 50-60 strong. Ebonheart had essentially zero presence and to this day has limited participation in the campaign gaining the low pop bonus here.

So my guild decided that it would be a good idea to make a real effort at creating a balanced campaign. One that is fun for all factions. We hail back to the days of Wabbajack and other large campaigns as well as some of the smaller campaigns that were competitive and fun for everyone. We really want that to be the case on Azura's Star. We rolled Ebonheart Characters and with the recent change to leveling found the process fairly simple. We spent our first night on Azura's last night - most of us with key abilities not leveled up and missing core abilities gained from Alliance Ranks and Mages / Fighters / Undaunted guild levels. We did fairly well reaping 250K AP in about 3 hours of play time never going above 12 people in our group.

To that end: We are looking for a strong - but not essentially huge - DC guild to come and fight us and the AD on the server. We are looking for any Ebonheart players looking for a new home to have fun and compete in PvP the way I believe the game was meant to be played to come and join us on Azura's Star. We want a 3 way fun and competitive campaign - but we cannot do that without more players from DC and more players from EP. I am not talking about turning the campaign into the next mega zerg server. The lag free environment is one we enjoy and want to stay that way. However, it cannot be a fun three way battle without more willing combatants from EP and DC.

I am found quite easily in game if you want to ask me any questions about the differences between the non CP and the CP camps. I have spent loads of time in all of them. I am happy to share experience and tips about how to setup / gear your toons. We want good fights - respectable fights - fun tells between frenemies. We want YOU to come and help us bring a balanced and fun campaign option to Azura's!!

See you all out there.

#makecyrodilgreatagain

OP's post is still relevant. I'd love to see more people on Azura's Star.

Let go your CP and join us

Azuras is now a shell of it's former self
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Alomar wrote: »
    It shows you the sorry state of the campaign, and overall the game, if a player like that can actually get into first yet alone the fact that people are actually willing to emp him. Oh well, players like that could never do anything when the game was competitive, they need to falsely feel good (easymode fotm) at some point. Meanwhile the rest of us moved on, come join us where the pastures are greener B)

or that he had to make a new toon to switch factions to do so lol

No actually I made a new toon to try out a new class that I loved, but it's okay i understand, you need to belittle what I've accomplished to make you feel better about your obvious short comings in PvP.

Picky and choosy with what you wish to respond to huh?

1. My bad, usually when I see "Soul Shriven" i think new account.
    2. oh? Cause the message I got referred to was something along the lines of "Josh says he loves you and he's sorry for whatever he did to offend you"
    3. I will admit I did have fun shooting the *** with ya in zone a few times, in fact I unblocked you after you said that *** about death and suicide BECAUSE i liked doing that and enjoyed it. Considering though I lost the best friend I ever had on this earth to suicide in 2009 you were already walking on thin ice in my eyes. What made me block you again though is your constant competitive condescending attitude to players not as good as you are. I wasn't even in Cyrodiil for over a week and came back to try out the velidreth/viper combo cause I never got the helm before and it was on the vendor, soon as I fought you once you whisper "proc sets :/".

Even in Duelling something I rarely ever did as a NB and wasn't the best at it for awhile there you would say *** in zone like "LOL MUTAGEM LOST A DUEL TO SOME SCRUB". I constantly tried to look past it cause you were fun to joke around with and shoot the *** with in zone but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore. For someone you thought was "Cool" you sure liked to insult them which says a lot about your character.

Even now in that initial post I made you basically did a 16 year old mentality type response of "well you suck at pvp derr" when I never even said ANYTHING about your skill as a player...it was you as a person i was criticizing.
    5. I levelled my magplar and went straight into cyrodiil no dueling or anything. Takes me awhile to get good with a class especially since I've been playing NB since 2014 [took a year off mind you from 2015-2016]. Right now my NB is mostly geared towards PVE atm but i've constantly improved and gotten good scores every campaign without anyone carrying me. I may not be top tier but i'm not a bad NB by any stretch

Respond to that then maybe...just maybe ill respond to your obviously mirrored insults.

"I never said anything about your skills as a player"
    "He had to make a new toon just to get emp" (After you agreed with alomar insulting my skills as a player). Derp.

and i didn't say "***" about death and suicide all i even remember saying in zone was "haha ^" which may have either not been directed at you or was me trolling in zone literally months ago. Gosh you're so sensitive, I didn't know two letters bothered you so much.
    Once again, when i said "mutagem lost a duel to a scrub", that was literally a joke, the fact that it makes you so triggered is beyond me. Everybody loses duels, toughen up. I lose duels all the time and people give me *** for it but you don't see me blocking people over it.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    [/quote] What made me block you again though is your constant competitive condescending attitude to players not as good as you are. I wasn't even in Cyrodiil for over a week and came back to try out the velidreth/viper combo cause I never got the helm before and it was on the vendor, soon as I fought you once you whisper "proc sets :/". [/quote]

Anyone that has played one tamriel will immediately know what I'm referring to when I say "proc sets", It's basically a universal joke at this point because of how overpowered they are, once again, stop getting so triggered over nothing. I run proc sets on my night blade too.

Also please give me examples of me being mean and condescending to players that "aren't as good as me" cause plenty of people can tell you that I always help when I can and give advice to anyone that asks me, and I'm not even a great player by any means.

• Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

But the potato is from the Americas. Thank the ancient aborigines that saw the potential and selectively bred such a delicious vegetable. Also the sweet potato, but it's unrelated.

Solitary potato or communal sweet potato chipotle au gratin, it seems the factions agree on something.

Let us not forget the greatest potato invention ever... vodka!
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mbpc_15_black_widow_potato_cannon.jpg

When your potatoes get to that mushy and black part because you are a horrible person and didn't eat them when you should.

Not only are they delicious and bring people together, you can use them to knock over things.

Is there anything the mighty potato CAN"T do?

1. Boil Them.
    2. Mash Them
    3. Stick em in a stew.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Ahh I stand corrected good sir, well whomever we owe the debt of gratitude for thinking,

"hey that thing underground.... I'm gonna eat that."

I salute you.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the potato we trust, forever, and ever, Anomnomnomnom.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

Thanks Bae
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »

Thanks Bae

He was talking to me ;)
    'Chaos
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like potato
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Chaos wrote: »

Thanks Bae

He was talking to me ;)

No no no! Ghostbae adores the potato, right @ghostbane?
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    _Chaos wrote: »

Thanks Bae

He was talking to me ;)

No no no! Ghostbae adores the potato, right @ghostbane?

In my country, it is the only thing more holy than Michael Flatley.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Sumopwr
    Sumopwr
    ✭✭✭
    Azura's Star is the non champion point campaign for all factions. I recall when it first came out and how people avoided it because of the "I have worked to get my champion points why shouldn't I get to use them" argument. While I will admit that champion points are hard earned and certainly give your character more staying power and more firepower I will contend that, in my opinion, using Champion Points is not a positive reflection of how PvP in TESO was originally designed. I have over 540 champion levels and am not at a disadvantage in any of the CP based campaigns. Most of my guild mates are also over the 501 threshold.

However, Einherjar (a multi gaming community of friends that has been playing MMOs together for over 14 years now - yes 14 years now), has found that the Non Champion point Cyrodil is more akin to the original PvP in TESO we all fell in love with. It's not for everyone. The 1vX crowd will not find this server to their liking. However, it is a place to find unreal group V group combat and to enjoy group based activities. Groups as small as 5 can be extremely combat effective and can earn loads of AP on Azura's Star.

All of this being said - when Einherjar first got lured to Azura's Star - by our good friend Mrs. Jones (many of you know him hate him or love him he is a friend to EHJ) we found a completely yellow dominated server with a massive presence of Aldmeri Dominion soldiers. We had found a place to fight numbers far greater than ourselves and to hone our combat skills in this new environment that really does require awesome co-ordination and group synergy to be successful. Especially against larger numbers as your resource pools are lower - and your regen rates are much lower. We fought and fought - and eventually wore down the AD zerg. We pushed them to their gates and owned the server - coming back from an 8 thousand point deficit and winning the campaign on our DC characters. Through all this it was essentially a 2 faction campaign. My guild, another small DC guild and a bunch of DC newer players versus a horde of Aldmeri Dominion that sometimes numbered 50-60 strong. Ebonheart had essentially zero presence and to this day has limited participation in the campaign gaining the low pop bonus here.

So my guild decided that it would be a good idea to make a real effort at creating a balanced campaign. One that is fun for all factions. We hail back to the days of Wabbajack and other large campaigns as well as some of the smaller campaigns that were competitive and fun for everyone. We really want that to be the case on Azura's Star. We rolled Ebonheart Characters and with the recent change to leveling found the process fairly simple. We spent our first night on Azura's last night - most of us with key abilities not leveled up and missing core abilities gained from Alliance Ranks and Mages / Fighters / Undaunted guild levels. We did fairly well reaping 250K AP in about 3 hours of play time never going above 12 people in our group.

To that end: We are looking for a strong - but not essentially huge - DC guild to come and fight us and the AD on the server. We are looking for any Ebonheart players looking for a new home to have fun and compete in PvP the way I believe the game was meant to be played to come and join us on Azura's Star. We want a 3 way fun and competitive campaign - but we cannot do that without more players from DC and more players from EP. I am not talking about turning the campaign into the next mega zerg server. The lag free environment is one we enjoy and want to stay that way. However, it cannot be a fun three way battle without more willing combatants from EP and DC.

I am found quite easily in game if you want to ask me any questions about the differences between the non CP and the CP camps. I have spent loads of time in all of them. I am happy to share experience and tips about how to setup / gear your toons. We want good fights - respectable fights - fun tells between frenemies. We want YOU to come and help us bring a balanced and fun campaign option to Azura's!!

See you all out there.

#makecyrodilgreatagain

It shows you the sorry state of the campaign, and overall the game, if a player like that can actually get into first yet alone the fact that people are actually willing to emp him. Oh well, players like that could never do anything when the game was competitive, they need to falsely feel good (easymode fotm) at some point. Meanwhile the rest of us moved on, come join us where the pastures are greener B)

No actually I made a new toon to try out a new class that I loved, but it's okay i understand, you need to belittle what I've accomplished to make you feel better about your obvious short comings in PvP.

2. oh? Cause the message I got referred to was something along the lines of "Josh says he loves you and he's sorry for whatever he did to offend you"
    3. I will admit I did have fun shooting the *** with ya in zone a few times, in fact I unblocked you after you said that *** about death and suicide BECAUSE i liked doing that and enjoyed it. Considering though I lost the best friend I ever had on this earth to suicide in 2009 you were already walking on thin ice in my eyes. What made me block you again though is your constant competitive condescending attitude to players not as good as you are. I wasn't even in Cyrodiil for over a week and came back to try out the velidreth/viper combo cause I never got the helm before and it was on the vendor, soon as I fought you once you whisper "proc sets :/".

Even in Duelling something I rarely ever did as a NB and wasn't the best at it for awhile there you would say *** in zone like "LOL MUTAGEM LOST A DUEL TO SOME SCRUB". I constantly tried to look past it cause you were fun to joke around with and shoot the *** with in zone but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore. For someone you thought was "Cool" you sure liked to insult them which says a lot about your character.

Even now in that initial post I made you basically did a 16 year old mentality type response of "well you suck at pvp derr" when I never even said ANYTHING about your skill as a player...it was you as a person i was criticizing.
    5. I levelled my magplar and went straight into cyrodiil no dueling or anything. Takes me awhile to get good with a class especially since I've been playing NB since 2014 [took a year off mind you from 2015-2016]. Right now my NB is mostly geared towards PVE atm but i've constantly improved and gotten good scores every campaign without anyone carrying me. I may not be top tier but i'm not a bad NB by any stretch

Respond to that then maybe...just maybe ill respond to your obviously mirrored insults.

"He had to make a new toon just to get emp" (After you agreed with alomar insulting my skills as a player). Derp.

and i didn't say "***" about death and suicide all i even remember saying in zone was "haha ^" which may have either not been directed at you or was me trolling in zone literally months ago. Gosh you're so sensitive, I didn't know two letters bothered you so much.
    Once again, when i said "mutagem lost a duel to a scrub", that was literally a joke, the fact that it makes you so triggered is beyond me. Everybody loses duels, toughen up. I lose duels all the time and people give me *** for it but you don't see me blocking people over it.

Don't try and hijack this potato thread and make it all about you, your emp status, and whether or not people like you. If you want to have something constructive to say, let us know how YOU cook YOUR potatoes

@yodased , the parchment paper is a Godsend, homemade chips are my life!!!
    Edited by Sumopwr on November 11, 2016 10:25PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sumopwr see parchment paper man. It makes all the difference. You will never need to use oil for chips again!!!

Tastes AMAZEBALLS and its actually pretty good for you. Use paprika instead of reg pepper and you are on next level
  • niklavek
    niklavek
    lol too obvious
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    See what you did Yoda... I had to go and get KFC mashed potatoes and gravy tonight lol!
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Sumopwr
    Sumopwr
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B63NCqF3lKo

If only we could send these messages of love to eachother... Tay, sorry we rekt you @ mine! Here's a potato
    Edited by Sumopwr on November 12, 2016 12:11AM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My KD at the resource was 1:1, it was never what I was (directly) talking about.

A mail order potato would make me feel better.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sumopwr wrote: »

See you all out there.

#makecyrodilgreatagain

Don't try and hijack this potato thread and make it all about you, your emp status, and whether or not people like you. If you want to have something constructive to say, let us know how YOU cook YOUR potatoes

@yodased , the parchment paper is a Godsend, homemade chips are my life!!!

I apologize for my belligerence.
    I cook my potatoes in the oven. First I peel them, cut them into thin slices, season and salt them, coat them with a generous amount of olive oil (not too much though, gotta watch the weight), and let them bake in the oven.
  • Sumopwr
    Sumopwr
    ✭✭✭

As much as we all love a well seasoned potato, I'm not sure we need to be as strict as to limit our entire diet to ONLY potatoes, although with enough help from everyone here, we could get enough recipes to eat potatoes for many years to come!

Here's a fresh idea;

Hash browns!

Use a cheese shredder to strip your potato into fine slices, making sure remove the excess water before cooking in a skillet with a little butter or non-stick cooking spray, season to taste, and here a little ketchup does go a long way. Enjoy by itself or as a side to many delicious breakfast choices.
This discussion has been closed.