Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot more respect for someone with 1000 cp in a non cp campaign than I do in a cp campaign.

Cp was and is a balance nightmare. It's hilarious how easy resource management is with cp
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of very good players that prefer to play in Azuras, specifically because it has no CP. And you are more likely to get their personal attention than just encountering them next to a zerg. :D
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    you are more likely to get their personal attention than just encountering them next to a zerg. :D
    Lol, nice turn of phrase there ;)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »
    I left the campaign too...Lagflame it is again.

+1

DC has made this campaign unplayable.
    Edited by svartorn on October 26, 2016 3:47PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was back in Azura last night and had a blast fighting both the blue's and reds. It's a shame that they only know how to fight AD again tho but we had Emp so it was understandable they were trying to take those keeps. It was a lot of fun while I was there and I'm looking forward to going back tonight!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    I come back for a bit of tussling after 1T and the campaign reset:

ZuU6WAh.png

qishRmI.png

Good to see some things don't change.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the rumor is true and the blue oceanic zerg goes to TF, it'd be bad news for Trueflame but Azura's could go back to worrying about AD "nightcapping" once a week.
    Edited by NBrookus on October 26, 2016 6:14PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malibulove wrote: »
    I come back for a bit of tussling after 1T and the campaign reset:

Good to see some things don't change.
    Sounds like you lost the game duel. GG
    • PC/NA
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    I was back in Azura last night and had a blast fighting both the blue's and reds. It's a shame that they only know how to fight AD again tho but we had Emp so it was understandable they were trying to take those keeps. It was a lot of fun while I was there and I'm looking forward to going back tonight!

The last few days I have played in AS, I had fun even though I died like 50 times. Not sure why everyone thinks the new update ruined PvP. I think a lot of players are just grinding new sets and enjoying the event.

I personally like the "almost" even population between all 3 alliance. There was a few times I seen AD have 2 bars and 1bar DC, but over all I had fun. I just need to get a cancer build and I will be good to go.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

The last few days I have played in AS, I had fun even though I died like 50 times. Not sure why everyone thinks the new update ruined PvP. I think a lot of players are just grinding new sets and enjoying the event.

I personally like the "almost" even population between all 3 alliance. There was a few times I seen AD have 2 bars and 1bar DC, but over all I had fun. I just need to get a cancer build and I will be good to go.

@vamp_emily Nah, don't follow the Proc builds. Create your own as you'll have more fun fighting. Currently I don't have any Proc sets on as I'm using a few different magicka sets to try out. Bloodthorn, Dreamers, Julianos, Kagrenac, Wyrd. FOTM builds are more for people who can't handle long fights as their ADD starts to kick in and they get distracted easily. With those Proc builds, the player kills the other so fast they don't have time for ADD to start....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily Nah, don't follow the Proc builds. Create your own as you'll have more fun fighting. Currently I don't have any Proc sets on as I'm using a few different magicka sets to try out. Bloodthorn, Dreamers, Julianos, Kagrenac, Wyrd. FOTM builds are more for people who can't handle long fights as their ADD starts to kick in and they get distracted easily. With those Proc builds, the player kills the other so fast they don't have time for ADD to start....

I've been grinding the Dreamers set a little I got all the jewelry. I figured if I was going to die might as well knock them back for a few seconds :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a funny death recap I thought I'd share.

Screenshot_20161028_155900.png

Also there is someone in AD zone chat calling me "dad" now, I'm not sure what to make of it.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    So 3-4 days ago a DC friend decided to unfriend me for calling out in zone that Alessia was being attacked, even though it was my friend attacking with another person. Along with swearing at me too mind you. Accusing me also of purposefully getting good players after them.

What do you guys think I should have done different? They were upset that I called out in zone because it was only 2 of them, I try to be as stoic as I can with the few friends I do have on the DC side. But when my friends the emperor for his first time, and Alessia is my home keep. What was I supposed to do? Just let them flag it and potentially lose it if more DC or EP show up?

Also considering the map has been blue for 2-3 days now [back to the AS standard I see] Was I really in the wrong there?

I kinda stopped pvping in there after that cause it kinda upset me
    Edited by Mutagem on October 28, 2016 5:24PM
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    So 3-4 days ago a DC friend decided to unfriend me for calling out in zone that Alessia was being attacked, even though it was my friend attacking with another person. Along with swearing at me too mind you. Accusing me also of purposefully getting good players after them.

What do you guys think I should have done different? They were upset that I called out in zone because it was only 2 of them, I try to be as stoic as I can with the few friends I do have on the DC side. But when my friends the emperor for his first time, and Alessia is my home keep. What was I supposed to do? Just let them flag it and potentially lose it if more DC or EP show up?

Also considering the map has been blue for 2-3 days now [back to the AS standard I see] Was I really in the wrong there?

I kinda stopped pvping in there after that cause it kinda upset me

This campaign is dead. Do yourself a favor and stick to Trueflame. That's where the vast majority of AD players play. You can call out a keep being under attack and you won't catch grief for it there.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing more Azura's than BwB now. I've gotta say, even though the proc meta sucks it's not the worst campaign. It's nice to be able to take a resource and know 6-10 DC will show up.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    I just legit wanna know if I was in the wrong for doing that. My other friend said it's always instinct to call out in zone if keeps are under attack.
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you're wrong for doing that.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for what it's worth, the campaign will be dead if people advertise in the thread for the campaign that the campaign is dead and then actively discourage non-DC alliance members from participating.

Sure - DC isn't doing great things for campaign health, but you're not really helping the situation either.
  • Dark_Star
    Dark_Star
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    And for what it's worth, the campaign will be dead if people advertise in the thread for the campaign that the campaign is dead and then actively discourage non-DC alliance members from participating.

Sure - DC isn't doing great things for campaign health, but you're not really helping the situation either.

I agree this campaign is DEAD.
    DC | Full Metal Carebears

DarkStär - Mag DK
    Sphinxster - Mag NB
    Vision- Mag Sorc
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

DC killed the campaign, aided and abetted by ZOS' lack of dynamic population caps that would have encouraged the influx of new players from Japan to spread out across campaigns.

If the campaign is going to heal, either AD or EP needs to pick up significant numbers of players on Oceanic time, the DC oceanic players need to get bored and move, or they need to start behaving in a way that fosters a healthy campaign. It doesn't help that certain DC players have used this nighttime imbalance to play dork of the hill and make it worse.

It's not like numerous NA DC haven't rolled alts to help, or that EP and AD didn't try for weeks and months to fight back. Just being a punching bag for DC won't cure the problem.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are sorry. It's a guild called IOTEV who show up a few times a month and fill zone chat with garbage.

Screenshot_20161031_073000.png

Screenshot_20161031_072233.png

EP didn't even have their scrolls, the pop-locked DC took them during Oceanic prime time.

Edit: Night Squirrel OP. Honestly 600 kill contributions is not hard to believe.
    Edited by Taylor_MB on October 30, 2016 9:44PM
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and the rest of the guys unhomed/guested AZ on our blues,

Catch yall on Red or in TF
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    Me and the rest of the guys unhomed/guested AZ on our blues,

Catch yall on Red or in TF

Im having fun on TF again. Catch you guys there:
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    I am off for a couple of days and this is what happens. The fun always happens when I'm not on :(

P.S that guy "Cookie Cutter Magplar" and his guild seems like complete and utter scrubs.

Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like how EP was running around in a proc build group last night, teabagging myself and others they just 10v1'd. Apparently they do it because some AD gate camped them, even knowing it wasn't something I did personally from a friend of mine in their faction.

But DC has been doing this for weeks now already. I guess a lot of EP decided to become the monster themselves.

Also the gate camping AD need to GTFO. You're not helping.
    • PC/NA
  • Dysturbedfan
    Dysturbedfan
    ✭✭
    I am off for a couple of days and this is what happens. The fun always happens when I'm not on :(

P.S that guy "Cookie Cutter Magplar" and his guild seems like complete and utter scrubs.

Man so much hate, it's a game, that will most likely change in a week or 2. Then it will be another faction gate camping , it really does nothing to the campaign. I'm shocked you'd call me a scrub sense you don't know me at all. It's not my guild, I'm just in it. All we had was a full group of our guild playing , not our fault the map was dead. Take it back from us if you don't like it, but complaining does nothing but stir up negativity . I was actually just poking fun at the guy who was complaining in zone chat because why not.
    Edited by Dysturbedfan on October 31, 2016 3:59PM
    Blam blam Dysturbedfan -vet magblade
    Kakakakakarmaelectra- Kyne gankblade
    Attack me Zerg- Kyne healthblade tank
    Quintario- craftblade pve land
    CookiecutterMagplar- vet/dungeon healer
    Wind Rasengan-Kyne stam sorc
    Sinbad the Just Bad- kyne stamdk
    Stay awhile and listen.

• Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man so much hate, it's a game, that will most likely change in a week or 2. Then it will be another faction gate camping , it really does nothing to the campaign. I'm shocked you'd call me a scrub sense you don't know me at all. It's not my guild, I'm just in it. All we had was a full group of our guild playing , not our fault the map was dead. Take it back from us if you don't like it, but complaining does nothing but stir up negativity . I was actually just poking fun at the guy who was complaining in zone chat because why not.

There is everything wrong with gate Camping a faction without scrolls. Attitudes like this caused many people to leave Azura's. Including myself.

Personal attacks have no place though.
  • Dysturbedfan
    Dysturbedfan
    ✭✭
    I just find it funny that 2 ep leaders threatened to gate camp us back on this campaign , then our home BWB campaign, and we said go ahead we want a challenge , and they stayed quiet. It's like the pot calling the kettle black ( I personally don't see anything wrong with it ) ah well, such is the way the whee turns , when one faction is dominant for a night, someone somewhere will get mad
    Blam blam Dysturbedfan -vet magblade
    Kakakakakarmaelectra- Kyne gankblade
    Attack me Zerg- Kyne healthblade tank
    Quintario- craftblade pve land
    CookiecutterMagplar- vet/dungeon healer
    Wind Rasengan-Kyne stam sorc
    Sinbad the Just Bad- kyne stamdk
    Stay awhile and listen.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just find it funny that 2 ep leaders threatened to gate camp us back on this campaign , then our home BWB campaign, and we said go ahead we want a challenge , and they stayed quiet. It's like the pot calling the kettle black ( I personally don't see anything wrong with it ) ah well, such is the way the whee turns , when one faction is dominant for a night, someone somewhere will get mad

1) Actual faction "leaders" wouldn't threaten to gate camp, because they know you require healthy competition to have enjoyable and fun PvP. I understand why though you would immediately identify these people as "leaders", cause it is what you and your guild are accustomed to.

2) You don't see anything wrong with it for the same reason you don't see anything wrong with rolling a full raid over less numbers, you don't want a competition or a challenge or to improve your skills, you come for the Emp buff and superior numbers for a misplaced sense of accomplishment. It's the same reason you play BWB, you want to constantly fight against people who, for the large majority, have significantly less experience then yourself, in order to compete in AS, you needed raw numerical advantage.

3) A faction can be dominant without pushing other factions to the gates. That is just some weird ego thing.

4) This is your own faction getting mad at you for being unsportsmanlike, this is a game, not a war. We NEED the other factions to play in order to Player verse Player, most people get no satisfaction from dominating a faction with vastly inferior numbers (your company excluded).

5) (Referencing the chat logs). The cycle of gate camping only continues because people like yourself are of the opinion that it is inevitable, so you have no reservation about doing it to others. Please keep you toxic reasoning and flawed logic out of our campaign, AS is proof that the Emp faction doesn't have to go for gates keeps or even enemy scrolls (on some occasions), because we like the competition as even as possible.

*breathing break*

The regular AD in AS won't be your echo chamber (like your guild), and we will make a point of your only skill being numbers. For a long time AS has been the least populated server, but we enjoy playing without CP so we've stuck around and worked hard to foster a balanced campaign with fun engagements that test your skill, not your ability to call reinforcements.

If you ever want to improve your PvP skills, come join us in Azuras Star, first step is leaving the zerg behind.
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

This discussion has been closed.