Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Poor Taytay.. he sounds upset, was TM not able to take some resource/outpost to farm on the farthest point of the map while the rest of AD got slaughtered without them helping like usual? That's what he is probably upset about.

I've been around longer then TM has, unlike you I didn't need their help to get Emp.

Considering we've been around since the game released...I highly doubt it. (Not the help part)

If you are referring to playing on AS then yeah we didn't join the camp when it became no CP.
    Marek
  • Cypriot122
    Cypriot122
    ✭✭✭
    We also never pushed for Kale to get emp. I think we even played EP at a stage just so he wouldn't crown...
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cypriot122 wrote: »
    We also never pushed for Kale to get emp. I think we even played EP at a stage just so he wouldn't crown...

Yeah that's it, he couldn't throne with TM not helping him. And yes, AS**.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.e people put broccoli on their potato, but i dont understand why. I mean, green onions? That can get a pass. Chives? Yeah maybe, but broccoli? Thats just weird man.

Don't take it too seriously, its just an imbalanced broken game. We had some fun, we had some tough times, but potato lovers will always come out ahead.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • niklavek
    niklavek
    yodased wrote: »
    So.e people put broccoli on their potato, but i dont understand why. I mean, green onions? That can get a pass. Chives? Yeah maybe, but broccoli? Thats just weird man.

Don't take it too seriously, its just an imbalanced broken game. We had some fun, we had some tough times, but potato lovers will always come out ahead.

Hahaha 'an imbalanced broken game'
    I definitely disagree - the game is still a blast to play even without using the latest meta. Bad players in OP sets continue to get killed by good players in no sets or weak sets every day.
    Seems like a lot of people ran out in Cyrodiil after One Tamriel, died to a noob with a few proc sets, claimed the game was awful and left. Or worse, they stayed and trolled and laughed at all the people who are still enjoying the game and are having fun fighting for campaigns.

...then there's the people who adapted. They have no trouble up against any combination of groups in any combination of builds. And they continue to fight for the map because they genuinely enjoy it.
    I'm not saying I've fully adapted and can destroy anything... but I'm adapting instead of complaining, and having a blast :D

To each their own
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    niklavek wrote: »
    Bad players in OP sets continue to get killed by good players in no sets
    Everyone wears sets...
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    niklavek wrote: »

Hahaha 'an imbalanced broken game'
    I definitely disagree - the game is still a blast to play even without using the latest meta. Bad players in OP sets continue to get killed by good players in no sets or weak sets every day.
    Seems like a lot of people ran out in Cyrodiil after One Tamriel, died to a noob with a few proc sets, claimed the game was awful and left. Or worse, they stayed and trolled and laughed at all the people who are still enjoying the game and are having fun fighting for campaigns.

...then there's the people who adapted. They have no trouble up against any combination of groups in any combination of builds. And they continue to fight for the map because they genuinely enjoy it.
    I'm not saying I've fully adapted and can destroy anything... but I'm adapting instead of complaining, and having a blast :D

To each their own

The real question, do you like bacon on your potato or broccoli?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    It shows you the sorry state of the campaign, and overall the game, if a player like that can actually get into first yet alone the fact that people are actually willing to emp him. Oh well, players like that could never do anything when the game was competitive, they need to falsely feel good (easymode fotm) at some point. Meanwhile the rest of us moved on, come join us where the pastures are greener B)

Alomar I remember you. Funny how you called me a trash player yet avoided dueling me, then put me on ignore while hate whispering me after your zerg killed me. it's funny because I'm playing a magplar, the same class you got emp on. Your stupidity is beautiful, I've heard about you from people who talked about past EP emps, and they're more than glad you're gone. good riddance son.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on November 10, 2016 3:26PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @joshlenoir your soul assault hurts my soul. It really really hurts man
    Edited by yodased on November 10, 2016 3:05PM
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    It shows you the sorry state of the campaign, and overall the game, if a player like that can actually get into first yet alone the fact that people are actually willing to emp him. Oh well, players like that could never do anything when the game was competitive, they need to falsely feel good (easymode fotm) at some point. Meanwhile the rest of us moved on, come join us where the pastures are greener B)

or that he had to make a new toon to switch factions to do so lol

No actually I made a new toon to try out a new class that I loved, but it's okay i understand, you need to belittle what I've accomplished to make you feel better about your obvious short comings in PvP.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on November 10, 2016 3:27PM
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Taytay.. he sounds upset, was TM not able to take some resource/outpost to farm on the farthest point of the map while the rest of AD got slaughtered without them helping like usual? That's what he is probably upset about.

LOL
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    Azura's Star is the non champion point campaign for all factions. I recall when it first came out and how people avoided it because of the "I have worked to get my champion points why shouldn't I get to use them" argument. While I will admit that champion points are hard earned and certainly give your character more staying power and more firepower I will contend that, in my opinion, using Champion Points is not a positive reflection of how PvP in TESO was originally designed. I have over 540 champion levels and am not at a disadvantage in any of the CP based campaigns. Most of my guild mates are also over the 501 threshold.

However, Einherjar (a multi gaming community of friends that has been playing MMOs together for over 14 years now - yes 14 years now), has found that the Non Champion point Cyrodil is more akin to the original PvP in TESO we all fell in love with. It's not for everyone. The 1vX crowd will not find this server to their liking. However, it is a place to find unreal group V group combat and to enjoy group based activities. Groups as small as 5 can be extremely combat effective and can earn loads of AP on Azura's Star.

All of this being said - when Einherjar first got lured to Azura's Star - by our good friend Mrs. Jones (many of you know him hate him or love him he is a friend to EHJ) we found a completely yellow dominated server with a massive presence of Aldmeri Dominion soldiers. We had found a place to fight numbers far greater than ourselves and to hone our combat skills in this new environment that really does require awesome co-ordination and group synergy to be successful. Especially against larger numbers as your resource pools are lower - and your regen rates are much lower. We fought and fought - and eventually wore down the AD zerg. We pushed them to their gates and owned the server - coming back from an 8 thousand point deficit and winning the campaign on our DC characters. Through all this it was essentially a 2 faction campaign. My guild, another small DC guild and a bunch of DC newer players versus a horde of Aldmeri Dominion that sometimes numbered 50-60 strong. Ebonheart had essentially zero presence and to this day has limited participation in the campaign gaining the low pop bonus here.

So my guild decided that it would be a good idea to make a real effort at creating a balanced campaign. One that is fun for all factions. We hail back to the days of Wabbajack and other large campaigns as well as some of the smaller campaigns that were competitive and fun for everyone. We really want that to be the case on Azura's Star. We rolled Ebonheart Characters and with the recent change to leveling found the process fairly simple. We spent our first night on Azura's last night - most of us with key abilities not leveled up and missing core abilities gained from Alliance Ranks and Mages / Fighters / Undaunted guild levels. We did fairly well reaping 250K AP in about 3 hours of play time never going above 12 people in our group.

To that end: We are looking for a strong - but not essentially huge - DC guild to come and fight us and the AD on the server. We are looking for any Ebonheart players looking for a new home to have fun and compete in PvP the way I believe the game was meant to be played to come and join us on Azura's Star. We want a 3 way fun and competitive campaign - but we cannot do that without more players from DC and more players from EP. I am not talking about turning the campaign into the next mega zerg server. The lag free environment is one we enjoy and want to stay that way. However, it cannot be a fun three way battle without more willing combatants from EP and DC.

I am found quite easily in game if you want to ask me any questions about the differences between the non CP and the CP camps. I have spent loads of time in all of them. I am happy to share experience and tips about how to setup / gear your toons. We want good fights - respectable fights - fun tells between frenemies. We want YOU to come and help us bring a balanced and fun campaign option to Azura's!!

See you all out there.

#makecyrodilgreatagain

OP's post is still relevant. I'd love to see more people on Azura's Star.

Let go your CP and join us
    - ad scrub -
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    bitaken wrote: »
    Azura's Star is the non champion point campaign for all factions. I recall when it first came out and how people avoided it because of the "I have worked to get my champion points why shouldn't I get to use them" argument. While I will admit that champion points are hard earned and certainly give your character more staying power and more firepower I will contend that, in my opinion, using Champion Points is not a positive reflection of how PvP in TESO was originally designed. I have over 540 champion levels and am not at a disadvantage in any of the CP based campaigns. Most of my guild mates are also over the 501 threshold.

However, Einherjar (a multi gaming community of friends that has been playing MMOs together for over 14 years now - yes 14 years now), has found that the Non Champion point Cyrodil is more akin to the original PvP in TESO we all fell in love with. It's not for everyone. The 1vX crowd will not find this server to their liking. However, it is a place to find unreal group V group combat and to enjoy group based activities. Groups as small as 5 can be extremely combat effective and can earn loads of AP on Azura's Star.

All of this being said - when Einherjar first got lured to Azura's Star - by our good friend Mrs. Jones (many of you know him hate him or love him he is a friend to EHJ) we found a completely yellow dominated server with a massive presence of Aldmeri Dominion soldiers. We had found a place to fight numbers far greater than ourselves and to hone our combat skills in this new environment that really does require awesome co-ordination and group synergy to be successful. Especially against larger numbers as your resource pools are lower - and your regen rates are much lower. We fought and fought - and eventually wore down the AD zerg. We pushed them to their gates and owned the server - coming back from an 8 thousand point deficit and winning the campaign on our DC characters. Through all this it was essentially a 2 faction campaign. My guild, another small DC guild and a bunch of DC newer players versus a horde of Aldmeri Dominion that sometimes numbered 50-60 strong. Ebonheart had essentially zero presence and to this day has limited participation in the campaign gaining the low pop bonus here.

So my guild decided that it would be a good idea to make a real effort at creating a balanced campaign. One that is fun for all factions. We hail back to the days of Wabbajack and other large campaigns as well as some of the smaller campaigns that were competitive and fun for everyone. We really want that to be the case on Azura's Star. We rolled Ebonheart Characters and with the recent change to leveling found the process fairly simple. We spent our first night on Azura's last night - most of us with key abilities not leveled up and missing core abilities gained from Alliance Ranks and Mages / Fighters / Undaunted guild levels. We did fairly well reaping 250K AP in about 3 hours of play time never going above 12 people in our group.

To that end: We are looking for a strong - but not essentially huge - DC guild to come and fight us and the AD on the server. We are looking for any Ebonheart players looking for a new home to have fun and compete in PvP the way I believe the game was meant to be played to come and join us on Azura's Star. We want a 3 way fun and competitive campaign - but we cannot do that without more players from DC and more players from EP. I am not talking about turning the campaign into the next mega zerg server. The lag free environment is one we enjoy and want to stay that way. However, it cannot be a fun three way battle without more willing combatants from EP and DC.

I am found quite easily in game if you want to ask me any questions about the differences between the non CP and the CP camps. I have spent loads of time in all of them. I am happy to share experience and tips about how to setup / gear your toons. We want good fights - respectable fights - fun tells between frenemies. We want YOU to come and help us bring a balanced and fun campaign option to Azura's!!

See you all out there.

#makecyrodilgreatagain

OP's post is still relevant. I'd love to see more people on Azura's Star.

Let go your CP and join us

Meh. I just left Azuras. Proc set damage there means that every single gank attempt even with impen succeeds. It gets really tiring the eleventh time dying to one button press.

Proc set damage fortunately doesn't scale with max stamina or CP. But CP prevents a LOT of the damage. Hardy. Elemental Defender. Resistant. So much resistant. One shot ganks have dropped off by about 80% on Haderus. Most attempts fail, and the game is actually fun again.

On top of that, the whole DC faction became toxic to the point of it being unplayable. Most blue already had one foot out the door when 1T dropped.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

Alomar I remember you. Funny how you called me a trash player yet avoided dueling me, then put me on ignore while hate whispering me after your zerg killed me. it's funny because I'm playing a magplar, the same class you got emp on. Your stupidity is beautiful, I've heard about you from people who talked about past EP emps, and they're more than glad you're gone. good riddance son.

You are a trash player. It took 5minutes for you to 1v1 while you had Emp and still felt the need to teabag me. Also whispering me [SNIP]just means I'm going to constantly drop major defile on you and fear you through your perma-blocking Emp #skillz

Edit: Even has Emp you run a stall build, mistform + sword and board ult.

Edit 2: you also think gate camping is justified because "revenge"
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on November 10, 2016 5:33PM
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit 2: you also think gate camping is justified because "revenge"
    The problem with this mindset is that the ones that were doing the gate camping typically log off or change servers when the same is being done to them. Or they aren't even online in the case of the oceanic dc zerg. In the end it's usually the innocent pugs that bear the brunt of the retaliation.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Remorseless
    Remorseless
    ✭✭✭
    @yodased are we talking about a full piece of broccoli, stem and all? What the ***
    Vice

Love Palace
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @remorseless yes, 100% stem and every time, so crazy. It blows my little mind
  • Remorseless
    Remorseless
    ✭✭✭
    @yodased so that's what a brotato is
    Vice

Love Palace
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭

I've been around longer then TM has, unlike you I didn't need their help to get Emp.

Edit: yeah AS

I think you mean I didn't need their help to get emp, since I got it without them and without all the whiners on Azuras... and its pretty sad that they admit they logged onto EP to prevent their own faction from getting emp just because it was me lol, just reinforces why AD sucks an egg on Azuras.
    Edited by Kryptonite_Kent on November 10, 2016 9:54PM
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Cypriot122
    Cypriot122
    ✭✭✭
    Just shows how much people don't like you tbh.
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭

I think you mean I didn't need their help to get emp, since I got it without them and without all the whiners on Azuras... and its pretty sad that they admit they logged onto EP to prevent their own faction from getting emp just because it was me lol, just reinforces why AD sucks an egg on Azuras.

You whine in zone about TM and now you are whining on the forums about TM. You worry an awful lot about what TM does or doesn't do.
    Tertiary Meat
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess its a good thing I don't care how much people don't like me on the internet that I'll never see or even know they really exist outside of a videogame toon... and I certainly don't care enough to log onto other factions to stop someone from getting emp, sounds like you may need a little diet, a low sodium one.
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Micah123 wrote: »

You whine in zone about TM and now you are whining on the forums about TM. You worry an awful lot about what TM does or doesn't do.

I gotta admit, it is comical that you guys always get so upset about me saying TM does nothing, its like a guaranteed response every time lol...
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Cypriot122
    Cypriot122
    ✭✭✭
    :o the classic fat call! That's rather strange coming from someome who doesn't care about stuff but is still offended enough to throw out *** insults...
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cypriot122 wrote: »
    :o the classic fat call! That's rather strange coming from someome who doesn't care about stuff but is still offended enough to throw out *** insults...

I'm pretty good at pretending to be offended ;)
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kale is still kicking around eh?

The question, kale, is do you like broccoli on your potato or bacon and cheese? These are the critical answers.

Choose wisely, kale, choose wisely.
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭

I gotta admit, it is comical that you guys always get so upset about me saying TM does nothing, its like a guaranteed response every time lol...

Pretty sure no one is upset with what you say, in fact I can guarantee it. Just pointing out you concern yourself with TM far too much.
    Tertiary Meat
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kale is still kicking around eh?

The question, kale, is do you like broccoli on your potato or bacon and cheese? These are the critical answers.

Choose wisely, kale, choose wisely.

I like bacon and cheese man, broccoli is good on the side, or cooked up with some steak though.
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure no one is upset with what you say, in fact I can guarantee it. Just pointing out you concern yourself with TM far too much.

How many of you came in here to respond to me again?... lol
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Mutagem wrote: »

or that he had to make a new toon to switch factions to do so lol

No actually I made a new toon to try out a new class that I loved, but it's okay i understand, you need to belittle what I've accomplished to make you feel better about your obvious short comings in PvP.

Picky and choosy with what you wish to respond to huh?

1. My bad, usually when I see "Soul Shriven" i think new account.
    2. oh? Cause the message I got referred to was something along the lines of "Josh says he loves you and he's sorry for whatever he did to offend you"
    3. I will admit I did have fun shooting the *** with ya in zone a few times, in fact I unblocked you after you said that *** about death and suicide BECAUSE i liked doing that and enjoyed it. Considering though I lost the best friend I ever had on this earth to suicide in 2009 you were already walking on thin ice in my eyes. What made me block you again though is your constant competitive condescending attitude to players not as good as you are. I wasn't even in Cyrodiil for over a week and came back to try out the velidreth/viper combo cause I never got the helm before and it was on the vendor, soon as I fought you once you whisper "proc sets :/".

Even in Duelling something I rarely ever did as a NB and wasn't the best at it for awhile there you would say *** in zone like "LOL MUTAGEM LOST A DUEL TO SOME SCRUB". I constantly tried to look past it cause you were fun to joke around with and shoot the *** with in zone but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore. For someone you thought was "Cool" you sure liked to insult them which says a lot about your character.

Even now in that initial post I made you basically did a 16 year old mentality type response of "well you suck at pvp derr" when I never even said ANYTHING about your skill as a player...it was you as a person i was criticizing.
    5. I levelled my magplar and went straight into cyrodiil no dueling or anything. Takes me awhile to get good with a class especially since I've been playing NB since 2014 [took a year off mind you from 2015-2016]. Right now my NB is mostly geared towards PVE atm but i've constantly improved and gotten good scores every campaign without anyone carrying me. I may not be top tier but i'm not a bad NB by any stretch

Respond to that then maybe...just maybe ill respond to your obviously mirrored insults.
    Edited by Mutagem on November 10, 2016 11:25PM
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
This discussion has been closed.