Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea anyone plays in 1st person!
  • lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    I used to play in first person, but ended up switching to third person.
    Has anyone had success is Cyrodiil/dungeons/trials in first person? Seems like it'd be more difficult... but it might be fun :)
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ IC

Screenshot_20160907_222229.png

Had these guys steal my portal and try and chase me down. Managed to draw a few out and get some kills.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    So, there was a skirmish at Nickel last night... lol
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do all the japanese players insist on putting a "JP" in their name and guild name? We can tell where they're from by the size and badness of the groups they run.
    Edited by svartorn on September 7, 2016 2:06PM
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    Why do all the japanese players insist on putting a "JP" in their name and guild name? We can tell where they're from by the size and badness of the groups they run.

Muahahahahahahaha...
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caza99 wrote: »
    Caza99 wrote: »
    Radiant, even in non CP, ticks VERY high at low health... without looking at my stats since its maint right now I believe my base damage on it is 14-15K over 2.8 seconds (3 ticks). Now, the lower your health is and the more magic I have can multiply this by 350%, so lets go with 14K... at max damage its doing 49K over 2.8 seconds, cut that in half for pvp so that 24,500, factor in armor reduction (lets say 28% for average) and that leaves you with 17, 640 damage over 2.8 seconds. So there you go Firebeard, that's how you're seeing those big hits... oh and that wasn't even factoring in if it hit as a crit lol.

Weren't you trying to tell me that there is nothing wrong with radiant like 2 days ago?

Theres not... if you break down the hits (I edited my comment for further clarification) the DPS from it is not really that high as it might seem. You're seeing 17,640 over the full channel, but DPS on that is only 5.8 -6K, not exactly some OP attack considering theres plenty of attacks that hit well above that on a single hit.

.....are you sure you're playing the same game?

I think the problem here is you, I go up against plenty of people who know how to counter beam very efficiently and I cant just sit there and hit beam and proceed to enjoy the AP... the people who get wrecked by beam are the people who seem to think they don't need to counter anything or use any of kind of strategy other than 'rush the ranged magic guy and plow his face' lol. I promise you its a L2P problem, people need to learn how to self sustain and counter specific attacks, beam being one of them.

Right, there are countless threads on the forums about the problems with beam but it's obviously just me.
    I've only ever met you in Cyrodiil once. You Xv1'd me spamming beam, which explains why you are so defensive of it.
    I'm not going to go into why radiant is just a little too strong, there are plenty of threads that do that well enough. I'm not some noob stamina meta scrub calling nerf against the only magicka spec that can compete with stamina builds. I play all classes and mained my magplar for quite a while. There is a problem with RD, just as there are problems with a lot of things in PvP right now and it is far from the worst one. But to say that there is nothing wrong with beam and it is just a L2P issue is nonsense.

PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lepemetus wrote: »
    I used to play in first person, but ended up switching to third person.
    Has anyone had success is Cyrodiil/dungeons/trials in first person? Seems like it'd be more difficult... but it might be fun :)
    Some success I guess. If you missed my video on the previous page it's in first person, and I have more on my Youtube channel. I've gotten to AvA rank 33 with Kartalin and rank 21 with Karllotta so far, with most of my other alts around 10-12. I do dungeons mainly in 3rd person now though and my stam sorc I play in 3rd person since being a werewolf locks you in 3rd person view. Still not all that comfortable yet with my mains though, but making an effort at least.

Here's another example, first person ganking in Azura's, from back in May. Sorry for the quality, and dramamine warning for those not accustomed ;)

https://youtu.be/_VNaLouJo4I
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Dateline Aleswell, Sept 1st, 10 pm central time. No emp, DC and AD locked with EP 3 bars, 10 of our group members present, and no pugs.

https://youtu.be/rPoFApkWfM4

Edit: including the d-tick that came after the end of the video, 24k AP in just over 10 minutes

Dang that Lady Imperatrix is OP
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    DC gate camping right now lol probably time to do some PVE I guess
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »

Meh... let them. That way, when AD does it, there won't be any room to whine.

Funny, because I know that you and I, alongside other AD regulars, did a good job of convincing people to stay away from DC & EP home keeps, even when all factions were at 3 bars in primetime.

It is what it is, and I still don't think DC regulars like Nihang, Betsy and Subtomic et al agree with their faction doing this map PvE in offhours. These are probably pugs or the "oceanics."

Again, let it ride. AD will be ok, and the map will balance out later today/tonight.

In the meantime, have fun crafting. lol ;)

Mihail Heike

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »

Meh... let them. That way, when AD does it, there won't be any room to whine.

Can we not keep propagating this? People will whine no matter what your "justification" is. I completely agree that it is tactless by DC to do it and we should retaliate. But as soon as you gate camp because they did it they will do it right back because we did it...It's a stupid cycle that only pushes people away from the server.
    Marek
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still don't think DC regulars like Nihang, Betsy and Subtomic et al agree with their faction doing this map PvE in offhours. These are probably pugs or the "oceanics."
    I feel like most of the North American DC leaders on Azura's are reasonable in this regard. Unfortunately they have no more control over their pugs than we do ours. So we can encourage restraint and more importantly NOT participate in the gate camping and I don't know if we can do any more than that. The lure of easy AP tends to make players a little blind to the ramifications though, and I've heard complaints about some of my own friends and guildmates.

For AD's part what extent it damages the campaign is debatable against that massive Asian Zerg that shows up daily, and if you can get a group to withstand them you can reap massive AP gains, so it's a tough question. What ends up happening though, at least up until recently, is that the NA DC that come on in the afternoon or evening end up being unfairly punished for the actions of the Asian group as AD pushes back and retake pieces of the map against an outnumbered opponent. Lately it seems there's been more DC on in NA prime time, which is good, but it means AD can't push back as much and the Asian crew has an easier time when they show up again. Basically it's just a complicated situation.

And honestly, if not for that Asian crew that comes in daily, I would play my DC characters a lot more, possibly TM as a guild, too.
    • PC/NA
  • Cypriot122
    Cypriot122
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be on my EP kart ;) dc and ad with those big groups. Imagine the AP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cypriot122 wrote: »
    I'd be on my EP kart ;) dc and ad with those big groups. Imagine the AP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's true man, I got my EP up to level 50, just grinding a few more skyshards for passives and he'll be good ;)
    Edited by Kartalin on September 7, 2016 10:20PM
    • PC/NA
  • Nihang
    Nihang
    ✭✭✭
    theres usally never any DC on to defend after what this *** crew does and we lose the map pretty easily.
    #LOVEPALACE
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Cypriot122 wrote: »

Please tell me that we're not going to have another discussion about how "outnumbered" EP is...

And on that note, AD has intentionally stayed away from EP's home keeps ALL week, with no exceptions and with both factions at 3 bars nightly.

It EP chooses to push South, instead of West, and attack AD's home keeps (including gate camping BB for 2 days), then do you expect AD to NOT fight back with all hands on deck?

All 3 factions are running at poplock, or close to it.
    Edited by Heike on September 7, 2016 11:21PM
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't think DC regulars like Nihang, Betsy and Subtomic et al agree with their faction doing this map PvE in offhours. These are probably pugs or the "oceanics."
    "...we can encourage restraint and more importantly NOT participate in the gate camping..."

You know me well enough to know that I'll nothing to do with gate camping. My group took Altadoon from Warden... and we left. We took Mnem from Kingscrest and left the walls down lol.

You're on point with your comment here, though. Absolutely.

Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Cypriot122
    Cypriot122
    ✭✭✭
    I'll tell you why AD is winning the campaign. Because we are working well together and the faction is listening to the groups running, good communication in zone and when we need numbers they appear. I hope it stays this way so we can win the camp.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "...we can encourage restraint and more importantly NOT participate in the gate camping..."

You know me well enough to know that I'll nothing to do with gate camping. My group took Altadoon from Warden... and we left. We took Mnem from Kingscrest and left the walls down lol.
    Right on, man. I hope you didn't think I was saying you were participating in the gate camping, I was just speaking generally.

Edit: Also it's hard to trust the poplocks right now with the IC event ongoing. It's pretty frustrating for us in Cyrodiil proper not knowing what fraction of those locks are fighting with or against us.
    Edited by Kartalin on September 8, 2016 12:41AM
    • PC/NA
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    man is EP always this dumb? lol 1 keep away from dethroning and they decide to take nikel and attack us at Alessia then we lost Ash....Why are they so dumb? lol
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    man is EP always this dumb? lol 1 keep away from dethroning and they decide to take nikel and attack us at Alessia then we lost Ash....Why are they so dumb? lol

Because DC hasn't hit them all night and they know AD will swarm the bridge for hours feeding AP....
    Marek
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    4:19 EST After an 'off-hours' take of the map and emp'ing, DC presently sieging BM when there's no scrolls to be gotten.

• Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    4:19 EST After an 'off-hours' take of the map and emp'ing, DC presently sieging BM when there's no scrolls to be gotten.

yep

I honestly kinda miss DR at this point. I never thought I'd say that but they helped balance the PVP much more.

It also doesn't help that one DC member takes my coldfire ballista for almost an hour without getting off of it on their AD alt while we do have some moderate map control. Lots of people file reports about them and nothing happens, then when they get emp the same person comes and trolls the AD zone chat afterward. Then whenever that person sees me and i die from like 10 v 1 they teabag me non stop.

Going to go to Trueflame for awhile, kind of upset.
    Edited by Mutagem on September 9, 2016 9:01PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great fights tonight. This will be my new home for a while.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Nihang
    Nihang
    ✭✭✭

yep

I honestly kinda miss DR at this point. I never thought I'd say that but they helped balance the PVP much more.

It also doesn't help that one DC member takes my coldfire ballista for almost an hour without getting off of it on their AD alt while we do have some moderate map control. Lots of people file reports about them and nothing happens, then when they get emp the same person comes and trolls the AD zone chat afterward. Then whenever that person sees me and i die from like 10 v 1 they teabag me non stop.

it is very pleasurable for me when i teabag you.
    #LOVEPALACE
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Nihang wrote: »

yep

How come you never teabag me...? wth? I feel left out. You need to tighten up. lol
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    OK. I thought the DC "oceanics" were only on from 2am onward to about 9am. They have had DC poplocked all morning?

Out of the 90+ that Blue had at Roe, I only saw one DC that I knew.
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK. I thought the DC "oceanics" were only on from 2am onward to about 9am. They have had DC poplocked all morning?

Out of the 90+ that Blue had at Roe, I only saw one DC that I knew.

It's the weekend, maybe they play later than usual because they don't have school or work in the morning.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Nihang wrote: »

yep

except 9/10 times that you do it it's when I get zerged down = lame
This discussion has been closed.